All Comments on 'Ren - Shades of Grey Ch. 05'

by Mygypsy

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
sacrificedangelsacrificedangelover 15 years ago
...

...Whether "the comments got to you" or not...you wrote a good chapter to Ren's story ~ The character sounds the same as he did in all other chapters (if that makes sense...I suppose what im trying to say is that in this chapter, although you have him being blatently honest with himself and admitting that he should have stepped in before, he has not turned into a whiney pansy ~ he is still Ren, which is good). I think most of us understood all through Stolen that not a single person did the right thing at the right time...but then, would we all be goody-two-shoes in that situation?<--Im certain there are outside issues to consider, self-preservation perhaps...and Ren took a common stand - he tried to ensure that Sky stayed alive and unharmed (although he didnt suceed entirely, but then if we were him, we cant be watching Sky all of the time) after he understood the reasons behind her being there. People are people, we are fallable and we make mistakes. Ren made mistakes but he is marginally redeemable. Hawk on the other hand is a complete git and should be castrated. (So Ren's well aimed kick made me smile with satisfaction).

I hope you keep writing up until this entire story-telling's conclusion. It has been pulling on the heart strings, leaving us in suspense and horror and shock at what your character has been through. And I commend you for having the guts to write it, and put up with comments from a lot of people who have skimmed over the bigger picture and decided that every work of writing must conform to their limitations. Well done.

SmallwandaSmallwandaover 15 years ago
Oh Honey.

I'm sorry if all our debate upset you. I do know that I was annoyed by some of the comments made, espically as you had already stated that there were no heros in these stories. But your talent to stir up your readers is undeniable and please be aware that most of your fans find your writing excellent and moving. I for one will not reread stolen in one go again but I think I will reread it when the mood strikes me. Thank you MyGypsy for sharing you talent and skill with us. Hugs

Rachael

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
PERFECT....

I think they way you write is nothing short of perfect. I think that may be the reason for any debate at all actually between readers. You HAVE made Ren 'human'....as well as all the other characters in ALL the stories that link up to each other. Your writing IS real and not fairytale-like so many readers will take each chapter in different ways in which their own eyes will see or maybe relate to. I'm sorry if anyone has been plain rude or mean in their opinions to you about your writing. There's really no reason for that...ever. People can comment and whether they like or disagree with something, but they should be mature and respectful enough to do so using constructive criticism. NO ONE is forced to read anything one here. Please just keep writing they way you have been. You have MANY fans who love your writing and you for sharing these great stories with us and thank you for that! And FANTASTIC chapter by the way....as always :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great

Ren is refreshingly and realistically human. One can almost believe that the whole story is real!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sorry but

if this chapter is a result of "all the comments getting to you" then keep the comments coming because this is absolutely amazing to read. You're a very talented writer and I think the controversy stems from your story being a bit different from the usual ones posted here. Sometimes bad things happen and there are no knight in shining armors to the rescue. But, that being said, I'm still rooting for Sky and Ren.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Finish it!!

Please finish…First time I have ever felt it necessary to leave feedback, but this story has to be finished.

I am sure I am not the only one looking for that happily ever after. Sounds odd I know. With the “rough” beginning, but I can’t help being drawn into their story. It’s as if we NEED the happily ever after to justify what has happened to her.

Waiting with baited breath

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
hmm....

i really LOVED this chapter...i read ur "stolen" serious (hated AND loved it)...i did want ren to rescue sky from the very beginning, but, i realize that wasn't the direction of the story. in the end, it won me over...i love how ren's story runs concurrently with "stolen"...maybe an ending with ren and sky being reunited is in the works?????? i hope so!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I am satisfied

REn kicked hawks ass I am happy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wonderful!!

I'm so glad you added another chapter. I still love this character...flaws and all. And I'm glad he let Hawk have it. I'm really glad you're telling this side of Ren's story. I can't wait to see how what happens to Ren in Shattered Dreams. Will Ren's and Sky's true feelings for each other come out during a trial? Ohhh, I can't wait. Keep up the wonderful work!

evaknight67evaknight67over 15 years ago
thanks for going forward with rens story

enjoyed it very much keep up the great writing and your imagnation.

TricialenTricialenover 15 years ago
Wondering

Wondering what will happen now. I was one of the ones who hated the continued violence that Sky/Janey went through but I always told you that the writing was surperb and the story heartbreakingly sad. I love that you have continued to let us see into Ren's life and how he is trying to come to grips with all that happened. I love that you have continued Janey's story and I can't wait for more. I agree totally with everyone else, you are a gifted writer to stir so much emotion from your readers. Please continue.

devil127pdevil127pover 15 years ago
love it!!!!!!!!!!

i love your stories

the characters are so real and some of the issues that you bring forth about human nature are completely realistic and lacking in many stories.

i really like Ren and really hope you keep going with your writing. ignore the people who keep complaining about violence and right/wrong. there just too afraid to look inside themselves and see the real person they are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

so i have to admit that i've never really like stories like stolen, but for some reason i can't stop reading this series. i think its the characters, and the way they unfold that are keeping me interested.

so i just thought id let you know, that anyone who complains should either shut up and suck it up, or stop reading. this is a great story, and just because it doesn't follow the typical romance/sex plot-line people always look for, doesn't mean it should be changed in anyway

myrtlemainmyrtlemainalmost 11 years ago

I think you've done an excellent job in showing how a character can grow on a realistic manner!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous