All Comments on 'Racial Profiling 101'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
bad apples

as long as there are bad apples in a group of people, the prejudice is going to exist. when someone breaks the law, then screams radicism after being arrested or ridiculed, there will be prejudice.

example is the "jena6" case. naacp, jackson and sharpton were all "up in arms" about the unfairness of the charges because the boys being charged were black. the boy they beat was white, so it had to be about race, not a school grudge.

as it turns out, the lead "defendant" plead guilty and admitted to the charges. it was a school fight that got carried away.

so until black people stop screaming racism, racism is going to exist.

seems like too many people get there feelings hurt too easily. the usa has a guaranteed right to freedom of speech, but you have to be careful not to hurt a black , muslum or anyone not "white" feelings. it is freedom for anyone not white. if you are white, you are automatically considered racist.

my apologies for the rant, but it seems like this "racial" thing needs to looked at more objectively.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Try

Being black in africa. Blacks committe 80% of the crimes but no one is suppose to acy like it's a problem. If people didn't profile they could get killed. Typical, you have a black problem and still blame whites. Blacks profile as much as anybody. Stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Perceptions

The only American Ruler you talked to was the, ‘light skinned black security guard.’ Apparently he is not black enough for you, but you could have asked to see a manager, or try to speak to the owner about a policy that is being selectively enforced. You may have found that the manager or even the owner is black. They may not know about the selective enforcement or they may encourage it but until you speak to them you don’t know. It might be the security guard’s perceptions about you that you are up against.

By leaving the scene of a crime without talking to the Police you left yourself open to the testimony of others who didn’t see anything but a black guy leaving the store. You weren’t tied up like an animal you were handcuffed. You weren’t picked up because you were black , but because you left after you decided you weren’t a witness.

Profiling to a certain extent works. If I see a Hell’s Angel walk through the door I’m going to take notice, if a Black Cat, a biker of African Descent walks in I’m going to take notice. I’m not going to be on alert when the skinny kid, white or black pulls up on a moped walks through the door. I’d be stupid not to take notice of a Big Bad Biker, whatever his color. After that initial assessment you have to look at the individual and what they are doing and treat them accordingly.

Your supposition that racism will never change flies in the face of the progress made in the last 50 years. You should examine you own perceptions and the attitude you exude. Your vibe can certainly effect how others react to you. As long as you see America as some monolithic conspiracy you will never be free.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
An objective point of view

Objectively? You mean from your point of view.

Your "jena6" explanation was an extremely white way of looking at it. I saw it:

Yes, it was a schoolyard fight. So why the 'attempted murder' charge? Why not let it go, seeing as there was this 'lynching noose' hung on a school tree? Why not, with the history of racial injustice in Louisiana, take this opportunity to rebuke racism and prosecute the people who hung the noose in the first place? But no, the whites in LA had to assert their dominance over the 15 black people in the town. And whites like the poster above will continue to believe that racism doesn't exist, that it never existed.

I mean, how can you tell me it has ended when you've never acknowledged that it existed in the first place?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Anon in Black America

For anyone interested in the actual facts of Jena and not just a story where a white student was knocked out then kicked by 6 black males 3 months after 2 nooses were hung in a tree see http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/jena6.asp

Snopes has a reputation for the truth so my guess is there will not be a big rush to the site. Could someone explain to me why any multi-racial assault is not a hate crime if a white is beaten but is if a black is beaten. Remember being beaten by someone who hates you hurts more than being beaten by someone who does not hate you (if you believe that I have soem mountain land south of NewOrleans to selll you). I know that a white driving a pickup with 2 nooses hung from the tailgate was charged & convicted of a hate crime. I guess seeing nooses, or the black flag hurts more than being beaten. Ms Obama should charge the citizens of the US with a hate crime for not having a half black candidate for president until now. She said it hurt her living in that 1 million dollar house in Illinois that it had not happened before. Poor lady makes only $347,000 a year for her public relations job. Oh how abused. I would love to see how much money Jessie the Rev, makes a year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Dear Samuelx and readers,

This post is going to go back and forth, just so's you know.

Firstly, I hate your erotica stories, Samuel. They are bland, predictable and all boil down to the same rhythm. However, I truly love your non-erotic tales. You have real skill in the sex-free arena. This story is a fine example.

To the poster that used a biker as an example, you're somewhat right. I look like a Sasquatch after a hard night and I still take notice if a big ruffian walks through the door. The difference is that bikers *choose* to look like bikers. On my way out of the birth canal, i don't remember anyone asking me my race of choice.

To the guy who made a point of you leaving the scene of a crime: Did you not read what he wrote? "The clerk had taken off after the thief and everybody was exiting. I exited along with everybody else." How many of those others do you think were stopped and cuffed by a squad car? And another point of someone's strengthens Sam's case. Namely: "...you left yourself open to the testimony of others who didn’t see anything but a black guy leaving the store." It looks like you're saying when others see a black man, the figure he must have done something. Sounds like an unjust profile to me. To be fair, though, I'll agree that Samuel wasn't tied up like an animal. He was simply handcuffed. I'm not saying you weren't treated roughly or unfairly, Sam, but let's not gild any lilies.

Lastly, all violent crimes are hate crimes, in my opinion. If someone, whatever the race or sex, is doing their damnedest to beat you senseless, they pretty much hate you. At least for a while.

Jeebus. Did i really write that much? Sorry.

lorddragonwolflorddragonwolfover 15 years ago
Profiling

I have worked for several major retailers in florida and have to say that I never just wathed one partictular race. Yes police officers do tend to profile, I have been profiled myself as a white male with long hair. I moved from florida to tennessee and was pulled over every other day until i put Tennessee tags on my car. Yes i just loved standing on the side of the road as my car was searched for the drugs they knew where there. So its just not blacks that are profiled even though that seems to be the norm. Yes racism still excists in this world and it probably will always excist as long as we have idiots of every race who will not relize that we all will be better off when it ends.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
2129 Followers
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...

story TAGS