All Comments on 'Life is a Soap Opera Act 03'

by HLD

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
An incredibly good story

I get so tired of reading crude erotica. This was a refreshing break, one I enjoyed immensely. I hadn't read the earlier installments, so went through all three this morning.

Only one "whoops" -- at the wedding reception, it's not a "garter belt" thing, just a ceremonial "garter" toss! We wouldn't want her sexy thigh-highs to fall down, now would we? [smile]

Thank you for a superbly crafted - and erotic - piece of work. I'm going to bookmark you and go back and read your other works now....

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 15 years ago
Bravo!

Perfect! Flawless! Warm! Loving!<p> <p> <p>

There are perfect people in this world, and they are rewarded as this story explained. This story was ever long, but never flagged. Entertaining, yet believeable. This author has a skill that makes me sit back in awe. This story will endure as a classic on this site, along with Laura's Vineyard, A Whisper of Silk, The Grade-Whore and Sawtooth Mountain. I tip my hat.

michchick98michchick98over 15 years ago
I absolutely love this story....

But you already knew that. I told you it'd be received well! Great ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great

Fantastic story...well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Beautiful!!!!

What a sweet, touching story. Brings a tear to the eye of this old man.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Totally Fantastic!!

I truly enjoyed this entire series. Just goes to show you what perseverance and real love can do for people. Family really does mean a lot. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sensational

Of all the stories I've read on Lit, this one makes me smile, laugh and cry all at the same time, Thank you!

mwall23mwall23over 15 years ago
Still looking

I have now read 2 of you stories. I have a few more to read of your works. They are all simply wonderful.

SexyPinkPenguinSexyPinkPenguinover 15 years ago
surprising & lovely!

i very much so enjoyed reading this 3rd & final chapter. A very fitting end indeed. I love how you wrapped up the story where everyone was concerned. You are an amzing author & I am still in awe of your talent! I am now going on to read your other entries. You have found a permanent place at the top of my favorites list!

KayVampKayVampabout 15 years ago
Amazing.

This was beautiful. I read it all in one setting and cried at the end.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Beautifully Done

There is hardship here and glowing love as well as erotcism.

The problem of self-esteem is real and was well presented.

bignsassy818bignsassy818almost 15 years ago
Favorite

This is now officially my favorite story on this website. It totally surpassed the others.

It was well written, the pacing was right, the plot was brilliant... just amazing!

I think this could be a novel if further developed. If it gets published, I would totally buy it. So worth the money...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Excellent Story from an Excellent Author

That story was one of the best stories I have ever read. The standard of your work passes everyone I can think of on this site. Some authors have one or two stories that are good, in your case, your entire collection of work is amazing. Not only that, it's good for a read over and over again!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, so, I really o hope you continue writing, because everything you seem to write is brilliant.

OleTroubadorOleTroubadorover 14 years ago
Just Superb!

A beautifully told story. You do have quite a few typos, enough to interrupt the smooth flow of the storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Absolutely fantastic

Thank you for this terrific tale. Very few have the skill and the heart for creating such a warming, infatuating story. Thank you again. Wilhelm & friends

cwbuckleycwbuckleyover 14 years ago
Loved it

Life is a Soap Opera is the 2nd story of yours that I have read. I didn't I would find anything better then the one about Brianne. But this was was great. I can't wait to read more of your stories. Keep up the good work.

Chuck

faithful101faithful101over 14 years ago
This is a fabulous story!

Thank you for taking the trouble to contribute such a well conceived, well written, and heartwarming story! I like the fact that sex is subservient to a well-plotted and compelling story rather than the alternative of having a feeble story serving solely as a weak excuse to justify long and lurid descriptions of sex. One of the beauties of the Literotica web site is that it allows authors to tell love stories as they should be told, with all the physical as well as the spiritual components of love on full display. Inclusion of both components dramatically intensifies any love story, making it much more compelling than the typical published love story novel. Your relating this story in the manner you have makes it that much richer, and I vigorously applaud!

Thank you again for developing this story and then sharing it with your readers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Bloody marvelous story

Life is one big soap opera some are good - some are crap but mostly they are what you make it - we can all dream and wish life was like this soap opera - excellent read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Fantastic Read

Fantastic read,well written and wonderfully romantic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

Just amazing. Very romantic, erotic but also inspirational... something I didn't expect to find on here. Will check out your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Nice

Gotta love a good romance with a happy ending. Sweet and well written. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Too Nice?

A love story with nice people doing nice things. Sound boring? Not with superb writing and engaging characters. My interest was captured with the first scene. This is one of only a handful of stories I will be reading again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thank You!!

What a wonderful story. I really enjoyed it. Great character development and plot. This is the first of your stories I've read, but certainly not the last. Gualterio

freshstart79freshstart79almost 13 years ago
whew...

I have to say, you really pack an emotional punch. Your stories manage to combine episodes of incredible eroticism, with the story line and character development to make the sex seem well-placed and worthwhile.

Thanks for clearly making the effort to create works of powerful literature!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wonderful!

I read all three chapters and was fully drawn into the story. For the time, I was a part of their lives.

WSteven1WSteven1over 12 years ago
BEYOND TOTALLY WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

ALL of your stories are wonderful but this one is BEYOND TOTALLY WONDERFUL!!!!! I hope and pray you write more with this underlying theme...you should REALLY be publishing a book...this could potentially be turned into a movie!!!

Bill Stevens

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
up all night

1:30 in the morning, started reading at 11pm. you have a gift. thanks for a great story.

Bemster82Bemster82about 12 years ago
Thank you!

Absolutely amazing series! You truly have a gift. My life was enriched by reading this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
beautiful

HLD you write some beautiful stories, Hopefully some parts taken from your own life

F_WhateverF_Whateverover 11 years ago
Wonderful!

A Soap Opera indeed! A great one, by the way. Thank you, HLD, you've got it just perfect once more. I'm your fan! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Chills

Usually the epilogues are about them in a few years and how they still love each other. That's cool, but I loved how deep this one was. Sad for Kimmy even though she wasn't really a part of the story, and even though I'm not religious at all the end positively destroyed my heart and brought me closer to crying than I have been since the 2nd grade.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Damn. Great stuff, HLD.

You have the 'something' that defines a good writer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Love it

This is really a very nice story. .

I hope I can treat my partner as well as Gabe treated Bailey.

Thanks for writing this story. Really appreciate it.

ImcuriouserImcuriouserabout 11 years ago

Thanks for a beautiful story. I'm planning to work my way through your other submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Lovely

This story really struck a chord with me due to the endometriocis. Even I have had the surgery due to ovarian cysts & my husband & I have been trying to have children for the past 4 years..... But we are planning for IVF & praying for it to go well & be a success. Wish us luck!

Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very soapy....

....very, very soapy, but oh so nice. I like your sense of humour.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
good one

once again THANK YOU

john1946john1946about 11 years ago
Thank you

What a really great story. It again brought out all the emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Amazing Love Story

I could not stop and finished at 1:50 AM. I have read several of your stories and all very good, especially "Check Yes or No", "Impersonating Brianne" and "Sales Team". I am planning on reading some more.

Thanks for another great love story. Drac

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Excellent work!

Your writing strikes a chord within me. The last sentence of "Check "Yes"or "No" always brings a tear as does sections of this work. As with all great pieces of writing, every piece of the plot is in balance and contributes to the narrative. The characters are real people in my eyes and that helps with the reading of your work. They are human, with faults and fears, dreams and desires.

You Sir are damn good at what you do! Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good, but...

-Overall, a B+ or A- for the writing and continuity.

-I have to give it a C- on probability.

-Overall a very nice story that probably would have been just as good without the sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Stop repeating the tired old phrase

Stop saying "Nothing wrong with that" every time you suggest someone is gay. Just believe that there's nothing wrong with being homosexual or bisexual and it will come through in your writing. Methinks you do protest too much...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A top one

A beautiful romantic story.

Yesterday, I'm searching a romantic story before going to bed. A very good one. After reading the best "Imprersonating Breanne".

I hesitated for "Life is..." because is classified "Mature" and I wanted a "Romance".

After reading some comments, I begin the story.

After 15 minutes, I stop reading, return to the beginning and read less rapidly,

At 1H00 in the mornig, I decided to stop at 2H00.

At 2H00, I decided to stop at 3H00.

At 3H00, I decided another 5 minutes.

At 4H00, I decided another 5 minutes.

At 5H00, I decided another 5 minutes, not very convincing or a slow-down in the story.

At 6H00, I turn off the light, open the curtains for the daylight and... fuckoff, I will stop at the end of the storie.

Finally I was married and has beautiful children... no... I was sleeping at 9H30 and had beautiful dreams. Excuse me, I lack some sleeping.

Thanks for writing beautiful stories like that. I think I become more romantic in the fifties... or I lack a little sleeping. FB

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
such a lovely tale about a simply beautiful young woman 7 a scarred man

As always your story draws us in a makes them our friends and family

Thank you;

DKP

smc331smc331about 10 years ago
Sweet, sweet series.

Beautifully written. (I have *got* to do something about all of this dust around here. It keeps getting in my eyes when I read your stories).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great Love Story!

This was my 3rd or 4th read of this story and parts of it make my eyes water up a little. Like many submissions, the final few pages cover a little too much in a compact finish. But I am not complaining as this is one of my favorite stories with sufficient but not too much erotica. Keep the stories coming HLD.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
your wrap up was simplistic and rushed

it was as if they were lesser and inferior beings.

and, you were pretty hard on some of the cast members.

his father? mother? brother? even the ones close by were lucky to make it past 35.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
The Title of it all.

Some of the commentors didn't like the plot : Too simploistict,too shallow, too-too. I guess they never read the title of the story. Guys: IT is a Soap Opera. For me it

was three 5's. Great. Don't ever stop writing, even if you die.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 9 years ago
Another winner

Once again I finish your story with a smile on my face, thanks!

Jason

pseud277pseud277almost 9 years ago
An old-fashioned story done with intelligence

Yes to all the claims that its trite, corny etc. But the dialogue, characters, story arc, detail (the secret phone number; the reveal of homelessness) furnished the story with a reality of its own. Hey if you want flatout sex, go read the writer's OTHER stories. The contrast will tell you something about skill in storytelling. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great romantic love story of Gabe and Bailey!

This for me may be the 4th or 5th read of this and it is still a solid rating of 5. I enjoy all the little things that are written about as their love for each other grows and then blossoms. Gabe was a one woman man and Bailey was perfect for him even with her imperfections which just made her more appealing to him as he was always in shadows of his brother. April as her twin was the perfect sister that watched over her and their love was beyond fraternal sisters. This was really a moving story and I look forward to returning to it again in future and reading more of HLD's offerings.

Keep em coming! Regards, the LA Cajun in Baton Rouge

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Awesome

Like "Impersonating Brianne," this is a wonderful well written and moving romance. They do not get any better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Great story really. Most romances written this days are so long and convoluted you lose your interest, it's great reading the story of two people who just fall in love. No family getting in the way, no earth shattering dissaster keeping them away or someone kidnaping and/or trying to brainwash or rape the girl or both (I hate the super mario cliche). As I said a simple and beautiful love story without much drama, and in wich the love is not the effect of an overload of 'suspension bridge effect' sittuations.

P.D: I teared up with Libby Mcenzie's epilogue it was the perfect finisher

veryniceguy73veryniceguy73almost 8 years ago
Stellar Writing

Such a wonderful romantic story. This is movie worthy folks, it really is.

(The Notebook)

I would love to push this story through screenplay and production.

It's just too good to put down and deserves a vast audience enjoying this authors achievement in believable romance of the highest caliber.

You made me tear up several times. It's just so sweet and satisfying.

Thank you for sharing your work.

Jim

pumpop201pumpop201almost 8 years ago
Thank you....

Thank you for a heart warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It was a pleasure

Thank you for this Great story.

The storyline is awesome and even the end is fun to read.

Please continue with this Kind of storys.

A fan...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Drinking underage!

Bailey is 18 years old, and the drinking age in New York State is 21 years old so why do you have her drinking booze the first time that she goes to New York City?

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 7 years ago
Loved it!!!

Great story and awesome finish. It's nice to have the life happy endings. Makes me feel good about love again.

And to mr underage drinking... Dude, relax. It's a freakin story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well done. A sweet romance.

Thank you for your time and effort. The epilogue left out a very important issue: what does Bailey do after Gabriel dies in his 80's and she is in her sixties? Bailey could easily live another 30 years, or more! Does she remarry? She has a whole life ahead of her after Gabriel dies, so it would have been interesting to learn how she lived it without him.

I was sorry you gave April such short shrift, it would have been interesting to read the details of the drop dead gorgeous sister's romances, but I guess that's a different story.

Thanks again, it was a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This is a “Great” love story, all 5’s

Many great readings of your submissions, but this is #1.

Please write some more!

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy42AD

YourLinkYourLinkalmost 6 years ago
A Five Star Story!!!!

One of the very best romances I've ever read, on this site or anywhere else!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome

This is really the best story on Literotica.

beretta84beretta84over 4 years ago
i really enjoyed the story &

you writing is to be commented. there was just enough sex to make it seem real without being annoying.

so, al gore invented the internet, eh? must have been the week before he invented global warming. please stick to writing so as not to piss off half of your readers.

sorry, i just had to say it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a great story. Only criticism, if you can call it that, is that is should be published elsewhere. Deserves better than to be labelled erotica. It is a great story, period.

Mike9947Mike9947over 2 years ago

What a wonderful story!

teddydaleteddydaleabout 2 years ago

Very nice story. Loved it.

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

Act 3 was much better than it's predecessor. This made my overall grade ... 4 ⭐ stars.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 1 year ago

Genuinely, I have no idea how many times I have read this fantastic tale (and many of your others).

A sweet tale with a concentration on the development of the characters and the burgeoning romance.

You even included the whole family and friends throughout.

Wonderful attention to detail.

In short, it is really a shame I can only give 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHLD@HLD
2967 Followers
2/12/22 All 10 parts of "Super Friends With Benefits" have now been posted. This has been an interesting story to write. I started this as a stroke story with a little bit of a new angle I haven’t written before, but then a love story broke out. Along the way, I chose to ...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES