All Comments on 'History'

by WFEATHER

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Nicely written--To me it is interesting that we as

a country would hire a guy to be President who has never held a real job.

I will jupport my new president in the same manner that he supported the man he replaced

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
HISTORY ?

As we sit, history continues being rewritten to support socio/political opinions of those whose brains are genetically predispositioned to the far left. Facts notwithstanding, emotional 'thinking' does not appeal to some of us out here. Most lefties 'think' with their emotions and twist history around to something more to their liking and supportive of their opinions.

To be sure this country does need change, though moving forward to support not females and not feminism - to support straight white males and marriages that mean something other than a loose relationship that favors the supposed downtrodden. The strength of adult parents as the caregivers to their progeny rather than the state and public schools desperately is in need of support. NONE of any of that is desired by you peeps of the far left.

I've read your stuff in the past with an open mind and have over time been enlightened, not as you've wanted readers to be, however I've gained a lot of insight on how far leftist minds work and where they're coming from - so thank you for that, it's a gift I wouldn't have wanted to have missed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Fair enough

He is all of ours' president Just like George Bush is (was). What's good for the goose is good for the gander: he will receive our respect just as his moveon dot org folks gave to our our current president.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
It's over

Just what we needed, a BASTARD, CRACK SMOKING, AMERICA HATER in the Oval Office. This nation is doomed witrh a NIGGER at the helm. I can't wait until his two pickaninnys fulfill their destiny as "black" girls and bear children nine months after experiencing their first menstrual cycles then become some ghetto gangsta's chickenhead. Let's not forget this MULATTO'S airbrushed caramel, ape-jawed, wife, Michele "I Hate Whitey", she of the shorn clitoris and formerly coal black skin. She will soon engineer a destruction of our values from within.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Fear

Imagine if we would let go of our fear and realize that the excellence of one does not threaten your own achievements.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Hope

Hopefully the world has changed in terms of people accepting each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Insular vision, the world has not changed

As an outside observer I fear that most are overstating the importance of this election. The real acheivment was beating Clinton, after Bush any Democrat would have won. It was 53-47, and McCain won the south. Progress perhaps but historically significant on a global scale.? None of the examples you use are as globally important as the fall of the Berlin Wall, the re emergence of China as a world power or the resumption of the Islamic war on civilisation after a two century pause. -- UK CYNIC.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Now

I can relate to Mrs obama, for the first time in my life I am embarassed to be american. We just elected a chicago politician who has accomblished nothing but the art of talking and the people and beliefs he brings with him are 180 degrees from what this country was founded on. The lack of media scrutiny hasn't been so biased sense J.F.K. Lets hope the results are better, but I don't think so. P.S. If blacks were the majority a white would never be elected, so I guess whites should be congratulated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Hope

The election of Barak Obama has given all in the world the one thing that has been missing for so long....Hope.

Hope that there is something better, hope that we can, as human beings, live together in a world where for too long ignorance, predjudice and fear have prevailed, and when all is said and done we are all one.

Here is one who hopes that a new dawn is breaking and with it.................. HOPE

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
having lived thourgh the Carter years

The thought of having to survive 4 years of jug ears and his socialist ignorance is more than a sane person should look forward to with anything other than loathing. For the first time in my life I am *not* proud of my country.

The Russians and the Iranians are already challenging us, hell, they didn't even wait 24 hours, the ISI & Taliban are cheering, and Hezbollah and Hamas are stepping up against Israel. Everyone else recognizes weakness when they see it: what the hell is wrong with the folks that voted for the empty suit?

The world wide economy will completely tank, as it already is in the process of doing, and Juggy and the morons in Congress will spend money like drunken sailors until the printing presses break down.

We're screwed, and not in an erotic way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
BaraCk Obama

Being unable to spell our new President's name, I doubt you know enough to write an accurate essay on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
hate him

That person is going to destroy this country. I cannot wait until his impeachment and conviction. He does not deserve the respect of anyone in the world

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
So true

That was a very good essay, and very much needed. Unfortuantey looking at the comments that have been made; I see this country has taken a great step, but we are still so far behind. There is no need to use such hatred to expres your feelings. You may not like our Presidential pick and I understand and respect that; but resorting to cruel name calling is not neccesary and offensive. Nov.4 we made history and some good steps toward getting the respect we so much deserve from around the world. I for one am very proud of this country.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
The leftists are at it again!

First of all, let me say that you did a decent job of writing your piece.

That being said, let me add a few thoughts to what everyone else has said. I will give Obama credit for one thing, He did own a home before he moved to the White House. The Clintons didn't!!! The Clinton's never owned a house until Hillary needed one to establish residence in NY!! What a freaking joke! Buy a house, become our senator!!

The whole of the Arab world, along with other radical states (all of Africa) Cuba, China, N. Korea, Vietnam, and others are cheering because finally they have a freind in the American Presidency!

As for his presentation.....he couldn't do shit without his tele-prompter. that's why he didn't like debating. I'm sure Michelle wrote his scripts for him because he always called her the boss.

Speaking of her, she is a freaking embarassment to the White House! Other First Ladies had class. Dress very nicely! Had a purpose in their lives. Presented a classy image of American women (which they very well deserve). Ms. Obama walks like she is behind a damned plow, or trudging thru the ghetto streets of Chicago.

Obama's transition team includes the worst America has to offer from the back streets of Chicage and the Mafia to the likes of (Why isn' he there)Bill Ayers, and the back alleys of Washington DC, Murder capital of the world!

I do not remember ever hearing that the Rev. Jessie Jackson or the Rev. Al Sharpton ever endorsed him. If they did, they sure didn't campaign for him.

So many people interviewed by the left wing news media admitted that they voted for Obama because he is black. NOT because he is the best man for the job!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
O has established no record outiside of

voting ultra liberal to judge him on. What he has done since is hold a press conference calling himself a mutt (note his autobiography saying at 12 he rejected his white hertiage (the one that put him in exclusive schools to Princeton)) and wanting the traditional bringing the country together, while not accepting any questions from Fox News. ABC, NBC, CBS & CNN were defacto Obama campaign outlets.

I can't say when my Native American Great Grandmother came to America, I can track my g... grandfather to a specific ship in 1632. He can not track any slavery in American in his ancestry and besides there is not one alive in America that was a slave unless they were Christian slaves taken by Muslims from 2008 going back. YOU can follow the Messiah if you desire, my religion says he has not returned. YOU can worship, I will not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
The haters come crawling from under the rocks…

Sadly, the collection of comments proved your main point: be afraid! Even if this collection of mostly vociferous hate racist talk combined with mind numbing nonsense of “extreme left” represents only a small percentage of this country, it has been proven more than once that the cancer of racism is alive and well (hopefully slowly fading) with the older generation. Still, I have no doubt that for the foreseeable future, groups like the Neo Nazis, the KKK and other miscellaneous “white supremacists” should be constantly watched by our dedicated agents of law enforcement, to keep them from spewing their potentially lethal venom. Better keep them under their rocks..

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
We passed hope and change.

We missed both of these when we passed up Ron Paul. McCain and Obama were two typical, run-of-the-mill Washington insiders; they have no new ideas, they have no interesting outlooks, they offer nothing but more of the same policies that have been slowly draining us for decades. How can we get change from a Senator who went on and on about expanding 1960's-era programs? How can we get hope from someone who spent the last year and more telling us how boned we are, how everyone needs a giant government handout to survive year to year, how successful businesses are evil, etc? Re-electing Bush, Carter, Nixon, Johnson, Clinton, Reagan, or the elder Bush wouldn't be called change at all, so why pick a mini-me of any of them?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Go back to school!

Very well written. I will give you credit for that. Not much else, though.

There were no hate-killings in this country after 9/11. I lived in Virginia at the time and I have never been more proud of this country most especially our children. They went to school every day in Northern Virginia (a true melting pot of society) and cried with their friends of every race color and creed over the deaths of so many parents (our school lost 7).

Fear? Absolutely the adults felt fear just as we felt fear during the "sniper" months, but no one went out and randomly killed people who looked Arabic. Nor did we run them out of town. They were neighbors, friends and co-workers and they grieved with us.

I sincerely hope for all our sakes that Obama is what those who voted for him believe him to be. It would have been better for all of us however, if our first black president was qualified for the job.

Go back to school and relearn!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Long Way

So many negative comments here, this country has a long way to go to resolve race relations

mjm202036mjm202036over 15 years ago
I'm just curious...

I didn't read all the comments, but I noticed that several mentioned many of the reasons I did not vote for President-elect Barrack Obama. But I see that a lot of people who apparently were his supporters consider that "hate-filled" comments, just because they didn't support him. I will now support President-elect Barrack Obama when he becomes president, as I would any President of the United States of America that truly does "uphold and defend the Constitution," as he will promise to do in his oath of office.

I do see the significance of having the first ever president of that is not white. I think it is about time that we had proved to, not just the world, the racists of this country that we will not let their racist views dictate our lives, but what is scary is that some people voted for President-elect Barrack Obama because he is black and for no other reason. That is not the reason to elect a President of the United States.

As for the "Change" that was promised, now that it is the end the beginning of December, just under a month since his election to office, President-elect Barrack Obama has chosen almost nothing but Washington insider and former-Clinton staff members. Did everyone who voted for "Change" want to go back to the Clinton era?

So, I have high hopes for the President-elect, but I think all of us will have to wait and see what happens over the next four years. I don't see an uprising in this country over us having a President who isn't white. As a matter of fact, I don't see an uprising at all. I just see American's accepting that we have a new President and hope that he will be a good one.

So, great essay, WFEATHER, but I don't agree with your belief that America will be torn apart by the election of a non-white President. I would even be surprised to see an increase in the assaults on non-whites by whites in this country. I'm sorry you feel so prejudiced by past experiences in other countries.

wife2hotblkwife2hotblkover 15 years ago
Excellent

Your essay was a wonderful of the reflective style. I found it fascinating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
You are entitled to your viewpoint but

Colin Powell should have been our first black President. The man is amazing and would have been a great president. However, he feared what it would to his family with how nasty it gets for a black Republican to run for office. He wasn't worried about White Conservatives, he was worried about black and white democrats. All one need to do is look at how the Democrats have gone after people like Michael Steele when he ran for office. It's vile and repugnant.

It's been over a year now and Barack Obama has proven to be 4 more years of Bush on so many levels. I hope the next President that is elected in 2012 is better.

rockslyderockslydeabout 14 years ago
I'm stunned

I'm genuinely stunned that you fear for Obama's safety, especially from a racial standpoint. I'm older than you, and perhaps growing up in a different region of the U.S., I wasn't exposed to racism that you seem to have witnessed. This is 2010, and with all due respect, I think that opposition to Obama, is based almost entirely upon his Idealogy. For many, using the race card is a rhetorical tactic. Your use of the word "radical" is, perhaps, the most puzzling to me. You, portray this country as one in which "diehard radicals" are lurking about, waiting for an opportunity to murder innocent ethnic minorities. Perhaps your fears are genuine, but the facts show that this is quite rare. It's not my intent to piss you off, but, historically, the democrat party is the refuge of racists and biggots, from George Wallace, Bull Connor, Lester Maddox, William Fulbright (Clinton's mentor), Al Gore Sr., (who led a filibuster against the civil rights act of 1964) to current Sen. Robert S. Byrd of W.V, (Former Grand Kleigel of the KKK) who also filibustered the civil rights act of 64. BTW, for a long time the KKK was synonomous with the Democrat party.

I wonder why it does'nt occur to some people that changing a prosperous capitalist nation into a Soviet style, socialist nation, Isn't considered radical.

Aside from that, I love your stories and look forward to reading more of them when i have time. You're a superb writer!

LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattleover 5 years ago
I hope...

...by now you realize what a horrible mistake it was.

TheOldStudTheOldStudabout 1 year ago

He set the country back decades...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous