All Comments on 'Interview with Selena Kitt'

by Selena_Kitt

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the chance to see the behind the screen view of one of my favorite writters. I just never seem to be disapointed with your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Nice to know u!

so nice to learn more abt u..ur a super lady

PuggyWishbonePuggyWishboneover 13 years ago
I'm curious to hear more ...

... about the revolutionary impact of bread knives on the writing profession. I mean, like anyone else, I certainly enjoy a nice sandwich after a grueling afternoon of editing (I am particularly gratified by the way the bread insulates our fingers from the greasy meat), but somehow I get the impression that's not exactly what you had in mind.

Regardless, I won't dispute the truth of the metaphor. Sliced bread is an unalloyed good in any context. So is a Selena Kitt story. Please continue to write big piles of them. And then treat yourself to a sandwich.

wannabe_eroticwannabe_eroticover 7 years ago
I wonder ...

I often wonder if I should write erotic stories. I certainly enjoy reading them. But as a grad student in English/Creative Writing, I never get to explore that genre. I know that's not surprising, given that it's rather taboo and difficult to discuss openly in class, as most students squirm, but the feedback would be nice to have. I read a pretty mild poem in class one day that I had written about a charming serial killer on a cruise ship who seduced lonely women and then murdered them during sex, tossing their bodies overboard into his "family crypt". Even that was considered too racy for many. I thought it was brilliant (my confidence, not arrogance). I was left wishing that I had a critical outlet for my attempts at erotica. I think that so much of what's written is very poor - bad storylines, no character development, no seduction, no anticipation, but lots of very quick bad sex. I'd like to learn to write erotica well.

Anyway, thanks for your interview comments. I think they were great. You really inspired me. And I love the normality of your life ... wife, lots of kids, folding laundry. I'll follow your links to learn more. Maybe we'll talk one day. You would likely be quite surprised at my profile. Good luck in your writing. Thanks, Selena!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous