All Comments on 'How to Write a 750 Word Story'

by SunrockSin

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
HoosierFriendHoosierFriendover 15 years ago
1018

According to my work processor (Open Office Writer), that's how many words it took to make the case for a 750 word submission. Hmmmmmm. Ponder that.

michchick98michchick98over 15 years ago
The last paragraph...

I think the last paragraph says it all, especially the last two lines.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
1025 if you add his title

That is the actual number of words. The title is also important to add, right?

KramBKramBover 15 years ago
Great Tips

SunrockSin did us all a big favor by submitting this article. Even in the longer (much longer) stories on the site fail to follow the basic model of having a start, middle and end. The idea of submitting a well done short story of 750 words is challenging and will help hone a writer's abilities in all their efforts. So Thanks SunrockSin for the great tips.

coolpencoolpenover 15 years ago
Yep!

You got it in one - or 750! Delightfully cynical and brutally accurate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Snarky

in the extreme How 'bout asking for your money back if you don't like the stories?..... oh, that's right, the writers put forth the effort to provide them for free......how unkind of them for you pros

Sensualist2Sensualist2over 15 years ago
cute

Ok. But why does it always have to be the fat slob of a guy who visits the worst sex of her life on her?

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great Advice

Samuelx, PrincessErin, and BostonFictionWriter should read and adhere to your advice. Thank you for submitting this article. It was well written and provided some very good advice for all writers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I only see 2 H's among the numerous stories

listed in your profles---Sood writers score them on at least half their stories--So much for your advice

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I don't care how many H scores you have...

You have nailed this topic!!

starrkersstarrkersover 15 years ago
Well said

It's not the number of words, but how they're strung together that counts.

John_the_AuthorJohn_the_Authorover 15 years ago
Great advice

Being published, I know how important word count is. I found it out the hard way when my first book rang in at 210,000 words and sold two copies! Editing is very important; so many times I've seen postings that could've swapped out one word in place of a five-word phrase.

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 15 years ago
I agree

I agree with what has been said and as a previous commenter stated I at least am reading this and will take his advice.

GigglingGoblinGigglingGoblinover 7 years ago

A lot of these guides are tiresome or contribute little. I found this guide kind of intriguing. As they say, brevity is the very essence of superior and witty exchanges of dialogue, or however the saying goes. I liked this a lot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous