All Comments on 'A Failure to Communicate'

by MagicaPractica

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
good ideas

MP,

Very good thoughts.

Matt

PositiveThinkerPositiveThinkerover 15 years ago
Great story

Great story. You've touched on a lot of good points that should help a lot of people, especially the point about a therapist. Thanks.

Happy New Year.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
excellent!

Sensible, grown-up, well-written. It sounds simple but it's not, doing this stuff, thinking about it, keeping an awareness of what your partner might be saying--or not: it all takes work & trust. I'm a dyke but think this article was totally on the mark regardless of gender or preference. Off to look up more of your work, nicely done! Thank you.

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 15 years ago
Great

Great article, made sense, so true.

HikergirlHikergirlover 15 years ago
Very good advice...and some additional ideas...

Very well said, Magica, and you're right, it's not always easy to have these types of discussions. What my partner and I found really helped was a set of sex question cards that we bought online. The questions ranged from tame (what is your sexiest body part) to more explicit (do you have any fantasies or experience with anal sex?) We would draw random cards and both answer them while driving on the way to a weekend getaway. The fact that we weren't the ones coming up with the questions (so no accusations or guilt about bringing up odd topics), and that we weren't actually looking at each other (because one of us was watching the road!) helped us be open and honest.

I once wrote a How To piece here on Lit called "You CAN Teach an Old Dog New Tricks", which compliments your piece, and expands upon what I've written above.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

TonyBCaTonyBCaabout 7 years ago
Awesome

Forthright and very well written. Full of advice I wish someone had given me twenty years ago!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMagicaPractica@MagicaPractica
387 Followers
I'm a passionate, married, BBW looking for an outlet for my writing. I've written quite a few stories of varying degrees of quality over all the categories. I hope you find something you like.