All Comments on 'High Performance'

by Anitole

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
BriteaseBriteaseover 15 years ago
Beautiful

Streets ahead of so many other contributions. Thanks

hunin_hunin_over 15 years ago
wow

made me shed a tear

ParmenideParmenideover 15 years ago
Well done.....

I have truly appreciated this story… Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
No one should ever get away with it.

What needs to be done will be done....... It was a wonderful love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
A bit on the minimal side...

Boy, I'd hate to have the wrong first name when this guy came around! That was the only evidence he had, and it justified killing the guy?<br><p>

Story needed a bit more substance. The love story part was find, but a more expanded search for the killer would have made it more plausible.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
Reminiscent of "Guys and Dolls"

A good story which reminded me of the famous “Guys and dolls", the crime stories with the human heart at the center of the plot. Thanks.

fregenfregenover 15 years ago
Liked it

Like to think I would have handled it the same way. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Liked It

Good read, he did what he needed, some day he'll move on. thanks.

MichaelphyteMichaelphyteover 14 years ago
Makes me want to read the rest of your stories

The style was hard for me to follow , but it kept me reading and I too shed a tear at the ending.

evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeover 7 years ago

Well, you got me! Especially with not wanting to wash the sheets 'n oll. After more than a year since my man's death, I still sleep on the floor next to the bed. You have one of the craziest styles I've come across - your realism is accurate, but completely abstract, you jump time-frames with such ease that the reader always falls in exactly on deck, but not always clear on why or how. The way you did the sketch on grief was very clear and very human. Especially in the commercial world, writers can get very tacky on the subject to scratch up a cheap emotion or two, but you kept it very clean. Thanks for lovely story.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
A tough story to read

He took out the trash

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Problematic

This story was way too disjointed. Made it hard to follow. I think it could have been a really good story if the author had adhered to a timeline a little closer, or made the time-jumps a little more coherent and easier to follow. Just my 2 cents worth. I’m not a writer, just don’t have the gift. But I’m a pretty fair judge of writing, both good and bad. Of course, that’s just my opinion too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another well written, and haunting story. Life is more like this then we can admit. More visceral. It would be better if more could write this way. Keep up the good work. Write for Marla.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Now that's taken care of business. Liked the story but kind of sad it ended the way it did for Marla.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnitole@Anitole
270 Followers
If you wish to find me on Twitter: @AnitoleJ I also have a few of my stories independently published on Amazon. My first novel Coyote: A Pansexual Erotica was published in the late summer of 2021. I am planning a second novel by the end of 2021 along with a few shorter p...