All Comments on 'Drug Bust'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Was this published before?

It seems that I read this story before or at least one very close to it.

magmamanmagmamanover 15 years agoAuthor
Story inside a story

This is just a scene from a detective pulp I have been working on. Since I mostly do shorts for adventure collections/romance I never really wrote a cops and robbers before. I wanted to try something on the lines of the old Shell Scott type stuff.

Funny thing is, after I posted it to review, a few days later I was watching a cop show on TV that had a similar scene.

Yep, oddly familiar to me too.

MGM

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Personally

Under the circumstances I would choose death. My honour is my own. I do not cheat and would not cheat if my life depended on it. And even though the man in this story is not married, what he is doing amounts to cheating. Forced as it is, and I understand why they did it. I would not do it. If you think that is crazy, that is your choice, but you do not know honour as I do.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
As usual good

You had them pass a big bump in the road. I am amazed at Tears of Sorrow, he is apparently so up tight that he would get the girl killed in order to defend his honor. Anyone who thinks along those lines has no business going into to undercover work... He would be a lose cannon.

<P>

I was expecting one of the two toughs to turn out to be

an undercover policeman too in order to follow the old Russian proverb that when four people get together to

plot against the government, three are from the police...

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 14 years ago
GOOD STORY!

LIKED IT! REAL LIFE!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THATS WHAT PARDNERS ARE FOR

watch backs and fronts. TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2701 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...