All Comments on 'Breach of Contract'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969about 15 years ago
Nice one Postscriptor

Far more 'real' than most stories like this and it ended happily as well. look forward to your next story.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Good Story

The guy found a way to break her lock on the situation. It certainly was better than calling her bluff on the rape charges which would have only caused more problems. By the way, I do feel that the court of public opinion was a better tool than the accusation of fraud in regular court.

Thank PS

apollonaapollonaabout 15 years ago
Nicely done!

Brilliant little tale here. Origional, plausible and funny. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Interesting but off centered, you might have had

the marriage annulled on breach of contract. As I recall from years ago and someone may be more up on this. State laws. back when adultry was a crime, required sexual intercourse at least I believe once a month or divorces could be granted based on that. Spousal rape is really a funny thing. When does sexual acts transform into physical assault and rape? I do remember a few years ago a lot of headlines about a girl being killed in hard sex but I dont recall the guy being charged with rape or murder as the sex was consensual. Only mentally ill people behave as the woman described in this story. She had a good lifestyle and kept a clean house, she did enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Clever Story!

Sex is an expected part of the marriage arrangement.

If you don't want to participate, let the other party out of the relationship if that's what they want. To withhold and not even acknowledge the other person's need is selfish. No amount of housework or cooked meals compares to making love to one's partner. I appreciate the way your character handled his delimma, never once giving in to the baser instict to cheat. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Common porblme, origional solutioni

well written, reasonably plausible. I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Brilliant!

i would shake the husband's hands, if he is real. i commend the author for this story. not settling a life less than full. great story.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 15 years ago
This was original and I really liked it.

Short, tight story and right to the point. The spouse with the lower sex drive controls the sexual part of the relationship (in the absence of rape, of course). In the majority of cases it is the woman whose sex drive is lower. There are instances where it is the reverse, but by and large, men have higher sex drive due to testosterone, a biological fact of life. If one partner is dying of cancer, has a bonafide condition such that sex is painful or physically impossible, then it is understandable if marital relations must be placed on hold. After all, we married folks say, "For better or for worse, in sickness and in health . . . " when we tie the knot. Hopefully we mean those vows when we say them. In other words, most married partners who love one another won't cheat or divorce if the problem is not the other partner's fault. But if one spouse has low libido and refuses to do anything about it, refuses counseling or a check up (as in this case), then the issue becomes much more difficult for the other spouse. What the spouse without sex drive is actually doing is refusing to acknowledge that the problem is one facing both of the marital partners, because it is indeed a partnership. If co-owners of a business divide it such that one produces a product and the other handles the sale of the product, it is quite obvious the business will fail if production fails, or if sales are not maintained, or both. So each partner must do their part. While a marriage does not need to be solely based on sex, it certainly is an important part of expressing love and reinforcing feelings of intimacy and closeness -- it's the way we humans are wired. The husband in this story was smart not to try to force sex on his wife -- there are now precedents in the courts allowing rape charges to be filed in such cases -- and he really did the only thing he could do in order to try to solve the relationship problem his wife did not want to face. His solution may or may not work in real life but it, and the twist at the end involving his brother-in-law as his lawyer, was certainly original and brought a chuckle into this story. Thanks for writing.

jonnyrebel82jonnyrebel82about 15 years ago
A very interesting idea

Okay, I'm only in law school, but I do think the suit would have merit. Far more interesting to me is the underlying idea that a pre-nup might hold a marriage together!

<p>

I've come to have the same horror of divorce that my friend Joesephus had, and I wonder how many marriages might be made better if the parties knew that divorce wasn't an viable option. I think folks might be a bit more careful in getting married if they knew that divorce would would be so costly.

<p>

I think we often go into marriage with the idea that divorce is an "no-fault" option if things don't work out. Sort of like breaking up when you're not married, only with property.

<p>

In this case, you still have the possibility of joint action if both parties agree that the marriage is over, but that a whole different story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Very nice

You are a welcome and refreshing addition to this genre. Please keep submitting.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 15 years ago
Nice beginning

...but it ended too abruptly.

KOTKKOTKabout 15 years ago
Magic absolutely magic

First I did thought she was having an affair, but thank god & the author there was no cheating. Wonderful story, brilliantly written. Poor Amanda was a naive women who was afraid. Good that David didn't go after outside women for his basic needs(sex is also a basic need). Thanks for the change & wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
PostScriptor

You accomplished something with this story, that few can claim. The usual negative moaners, either didn't read this story yet, or they won't comment on it. That's an accomplishment by itself. As mentioned by others, an original well written story. Good entertainment. Thanks.

Orion623Orion623about 15 years ago
Imaginative

The story is a nice turn-around on the more typical situation in which the husband neglects seeing his physician while the wife is off for annual check-ups, GYN exams, mammograms and a host of other reasons to see her doctor on a regular basis. A lot of men won't see a doctor unless their arm is hanging by a thread after an accident with a saw. PostScripter manages to bring a different look to the Loving Wives genre.

cageyteecageyteeabout 15 years ago
A really new idea!!!!

We need them badly and PS, you have come through big time. Others have commented on the lack of the all too common anonymousii (anonymouses) <my Latin is bad and sometimes my English is worse> but we both know that most of those prey only on the LW postings. It is very nice not to have so many angry, hurt and fearful commenters, some of whom have difficulty spelling most of the 2, 3 or more syllable words they use. PS this is a great idea. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.

lancewmlancewmabout 15 years ago
Wonderful and original

I loved it. Nice pace to the story, light and serious.

sherlock40sherlock40about 15 years ago
Great story

An excellent alternative to the common "I'll just fuck around since I can't get it at home" story. Two intelligent people who, after a shock to the system, take steps to fix their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
great story

a truly great story that looks at marriage problems and pre-nups from a fascinating angle . . . very well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
So cute

Very nice, and sweet. I really enjoyed this light read.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 15 years ago
Good story : How about an ALTERNATE ending?

You get a lot of points from the for originality and this story was quite original even though the topic was fairly common.

<br></br>

The sticking point for me in these types of stories is the refusal of the wife to even entertain the idea that something <b> MIGHT </b> be wrong with her or her sex drive. That is really hard to get past. If she still loves her husband... then she has to make an attempt to understand WHY the loss of intimacy appears to him to be a total rejection of him as a man.

<br></br>

I am NOT saying that the husband / man's perception is accurate. Sometimes the woman / wife does in fact lose the sex drive and it has nothing to do with the man/husband.

<br></br>

But in a marriage there has to some consideration for each other. If as a married couple they are having sex for many years on a fairly regular basis... and then suddenly it stops... it is going to cause problems emotionally and intellectually.

<br></br>

<b>Therefore for the wife to totally reject any idea that something might be wrong is a total rejection of them as a couple and the Husband as a Man. In these stories the wife is saying: ....<i> I don't care how YOU react... I am not even interested in listening to what you think or

feel... you aren't worth my time.</i> </b>

<br></br>

I too have seen shows such as Oprah where it seems that the majority of the women identify with this perception and believe that the loss of sex drive is just tough cookies for a husband.

<br></br>

On some of the more sophisticated adult shows be it those on LIFETIME or The Health Channel there is some talk about the overwhelming amount of research which shows WHY in married couples the sexual drive is so important for men. Essentially the argument is that men are less sophisticated emotionally then women so the sex is a way of communicating to the male/husband that he is still wanted and needed.

<br></br>

Lastly... this story has a fairly happy ending. <b>But what do you do... as Husband / Man when she REFUSES to get the help. She still refuses after years and years to go see a doctor or therapist.?? </b>

<br></br>

I know a few husbands like this in the Stay At Home Dads groups here in VA. Most of these dads / men / husbands are all still deeply in Love withtheir wives and loves their familes and dont want to leave/ separate/divorce. But some of them do step out.

<br></br>

Is that STILL cheating?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Great Job Author

Novel approach to selfish woman's avoidance of emotional sharing so very important in any relationship whether human or human to dog.<P>

Harry to write the alternate ending which should be interesting as will the other writers like kind comments about his first effort.<P>

KUDO's Author - you are looked forward to.<P>

With Very High Regard

SweetLittleLiarSweetLittleLiarabout 15 years ago
Joining the chorus!

In the world of Literotica, this is a highly original twist to an all-too-familiar theme - and an extremely well-written one. Congratulations, and thank you! I look forward to reading your other pieces.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
yeah it was a MAGIC

I just loved this story.This could have been loving wife story but it's great that the author posted it in "Non-erotic".

Bravo author!!! BRAVO.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
great concept

This, is a great concept.

I personally know of several men that this idea could help.

I am going to send them the story site

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Clever story

Nice job Original plot with cute little trick ending. Thanks for witing a pleasant story. The Ct Yankee

txblushtxblushalmost 15 years ago
Very original

I can relate to a lot of this story. However, I'm neither a man, nor do I have a pre-nupitial agreement. Loved the way you handled the male character not being ugly but not settling for less. And instead found an original solution that saved their marriage.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
A rarity: original in the land of LW stories!

I got all I could have wanted in a story: a new angle in a seemingly thoroughly investigated thematic field (it's just an illusion of course, there will always be more stories to tell in every theme). <P>

I particularly liked the psychological nature of the plot twist. From what seemed to be a coersion, where the husband felt he had nothing to loose and the leverage of loosing the finacial edge of the pre-nap seemed like the last resort for him (in fact he had nothing to loose at that point), suddenly things took a surprising turn. <P>

The story could have developed in the direction of highlighting the blackmailing aspect of the husband's ultimatum and her presumed frigidity (and rigidity in rejecting every offer to help), but instead, the twist came when we learn about the wife's worst fear, which was not loosing money in a divorce arrangement but what she imagined could be her sexual abnormality being incurable... Once she was able to talk about what scared her - she and the couple were well on their way to resolve it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Thanks I needed this story

might be a lifesaver for my own marriage

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 14 years ago
Nicely Done

I just discovered this story and your work, I will have to read more of your writings. Very nicely done. A good story with a twist unusual for this genre. I enjoyed it very much. Ending a little rushed maybe but a very good read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Very Interesting

Nice short story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I'm so impressed.

Postscriptor, I just found your list of stories and am going through them one-by-one. Marvelous...your sophisticated insights re the mind and behavior, your command of the English language, I haven't enjoyed stories on this site like yours in years. Terrific and thank you

kelly_kellykelly_kellyalmost 14 years ago
So smartly done.

This story outnumbers the other loving wife stories. Very cleverly written, and refreshing. It's a luxury to have a "loving wife" in a loving wife story.

I do wonder — what David must have done If Amanda really cheated on him? My congrats to the author to come up with such a refreshing storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
I'll look at some of your other stuff.

I enjoyed it, fun read, well written and a bit of fun twist at the end. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great story - made me LOL

I actually laughed out loud at the ending.

I'm one of the women living the other end of the story - a 37 year old woman whose 40 year old husband doesn't want sex (and hasn't for years - I haven't slept with him in almost four). Unfortunately I completely understand how this man feels; I only wish I could get to the heart of the problem for my husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What about the parents?

Make me wonder if the parents are still alive. If so, he should have clued them as to what sort of a crappy thing they did by insisting on the pre-nup being that iron-clad. Great story, though! I reread it quite often.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 13 years ago
LOL

Good twist on the unintentional application of a prenup. Pretty sure I haven't seen this in a story before.

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
Had to laugh at the end

Nice story and the wife's fears were believable and well used, Aces post simply Aces.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHAT A GUY WONT DO

just to get a little nooky. TK U MLJ LV NV

Scotsman69Scotsman69over 12 years ago
An original

and beautifully written tale. Love the tightness of the writing.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 12 years ago
Enjoyable Fairy Tale

Would be nice if such a situation could be so easily resolved. Would never happen.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Good Conclusion

Well the husband wasn't happy and he did what he had to do to get his wife back. Sexually I mean. I wouldn't happen, of course, but it was a good read.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 WINNERS AND LOSERS

and the domino theory. TK U MLJ LV NV

Dubby49Dubby49over 10 years ago
The sting

in the tail was awesome. Loved it.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
contrariwise

PS, nice short story, clearly written and cleverly laid out. And I love the ending, very funny.

This is one of the stories I randomly selected from the Literotica site for my reversal experiment. Where I take the dialogue (verbal and internal) between the main male and female characters and reverse it.

Most of the stories are written by older men for the varied pleasures of older men. It is fascinating to see how much more believable the development of dramatic roles when the women are the victims of male stupidity.

Just as in real life but rarely in the fiction posted to the Literotica site. Giving me an interesting look at the unconscious psychology of the authors and their self-selecting audience.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loved it

A beautiful tale. Five stars.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Great write and read -

He did love her and was willing to fight for -= and she was worth fighting for - even if we doubted it at first.

He was right she was faithful and he was right he should not have to live that way.

Excellent solution.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
good case

In those places where divorce for cause is an option, not only no fault for everybody no matter what, refusal to have intimate relations with your spouse is legal cause for divorce and given higher standing than adultery in court.

Do you go into a relationship wanting it so you can be alone?

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
CULPABLE BLACKMAIL

as an attempt to sacrifice freedom. TK U MLJ LV NV

carvohicarvohiabout 8 years ago
Shucks!

You've stuck a ton of good stories in 'non-erotic' or defined them as 'novellas'. Now why would a normal human being do that? Then again, why would any normal human being be writing on this site? Worse, why would a normal human be reading here?

Five of course,

Jedd Clampett

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
ANNONY!! Hey stop your fucking yelling dumbass

And if you don't like a story why the fuck do you keep reading them. God you must be on retarded fool. 5 to offset your dumbass 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
4-Star But I Wish I Had Given You 5

I always rate a story before I read comments. If I had read Anonymous, I would have given you the extra star to offset his poor rating and undeserved verbal assault. I rather liked the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Cute, but also serious. Too many people wait too long to seek help with dysfunction.

I hope they fuck their brains in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
True to life

This basically happened to me. My wife had a hysterectomy at 40 and took Premarin for a number of years which is a form of hormone replacement therapy. It's a fake hormone with side effects and possible health issues so my wife eventually got off that and our sex life went to about zero. I survived a few years taking matters into my own hand so to speak, but it's obviously not the same. Then I went on statins for high cholesterol which resulted in giving me erectile dysfunction. So I stopped the statins but the ED didn't go away. So I investigated what could be done for me and discovered BioIdentical hormones for men and women. They are hormones made from plants with the same chemical makeup as our real hormones. They aren't put out by big Pharmacuticals because you can't patent thIngs that are natural. So I now take testonerone and progesterone and my wife takes estrogen and a small amount of testosterone and our sex lives have returned to normal for us about twice a week. I feel like a man again. Since these are BioIdentical they also have no side effects. Search the web for BioIdentical hormones in your area and get your sex life back again. My wife and I are both 63. Good luck to others in this situation.One more point about statins - they reduce cholesterol which by the way is what your body uses to make testosterone and your other sex hormones so guess why so many in the USA have ED. I stopped taking stains and the FDA and medical folds are slowly changing their thinking on cholesterol - better late than never.

Dubby49Dubby49almost 7 years ago

I loved the last sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice

I liked the story. It had me smiling at the end and then I cracked up with the last sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Agree

I just want to reinforce johnnyrebel's comment that some enter marriage thinking divorce an option if needed. Maybe 2 decades ago, a woman who worked at the local factory told me that she asked a recently married work colleague how it was going. Her reply was. "oh, he'll do for now."

Paul in Oklahoma

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Pre-Nup

I never would have signed that pre-nup. though we wouldn't have had the story otherwise!

There's no reason why a no-fault divorce should result in financial ruin to either party.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
well that was a new one

And well done at that. Nice work PS im impressed. this seems to be a plausible look at how these things happen and a novel reason to break a pre- nup. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I’ll Bet

Yeah, I don’t think “Brother” attorney would have even had to win the case to precipitate a family feud. I can just imagine Thanksgiving dinner the next time the whole family got together. That would be a whole ‘nother story all by itself. Very good story, PS. Thanks.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Lol good one

This was a real good twist on divorce, very enjoyable.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great story

Short, but very complete story. Don't think that I've seen anything like this before.in LW. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"David, what if I go to the doctor and the counselor and they can't find out what's wrong with me?" Amanda began to confess, to share her innermost fears.

"I no longer care," I said "as far as I am concerned the time for you to fix this has passed, the papers WILL be filed and we WILL be divorced - even if I lose this case and have to walk away without one damn penny to my name I am leaving you. There is nothing more to discuss."

Ocker53Ocker53over 3 years ago
Liked It

Short but covered everything⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AileyInnAileyInnabout 3 years ago
The sex may well be the catalyst to the solution...

Taking advantage of a guy through a prenup is more sinister than withholding sex...

CaptFlintCaptFlintabout 3 years ago

Nice twist at the end. Well played.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

"What if it's being caused by something like a cancer, or some horrible, terminal disease?" she suggested, finally revealing her deep fear.

then he would be free of the bitch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Had it been cancer, or some horrible terminal disease, which started three years ago, she'd be dead!! Well written and a new slant to the divorce scenario. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good, a welcome fresh slant. Wish I'd come across this story much earlier! 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sometimes, you just need to slap someone in the face to get things going again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

cute story

Rhoan1921Rhoan1921about 2 years ago

A happy ending, lucky there was both love and leverage to nudge things along

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cute story!

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

4 stars - good twist using the law to force his wife to seek medical assistance.

It is just too bad that she was too stupid and stubborn to take responsibility for her own health.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cute story. But wow six months? Only if there is a medical problem, which was the case here.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

six months that would a breeze compared to my life now. after my wifes menopause hit her in her early '50's ,sex was a thing of the past . loss of intimacy is now normal lack of ANY physical contact to the point of no snuggling at night,no kisses even. ten years or so later it's a lonely existence ,but i loved my adult children too much to walk away . our daughter died of breast cancer the end of january 2015 ,and that didn't make us closer,if anything thing she withdrew even more from me . i thought at one point she might even commit suicide . the birth of our third granddaughter, seems to have helped her mentally . sorry for my rant,but its anonymous so ....

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Last paragraph was genius. As was the lawsuit to attempt to break the prenuptial, but really too rattle her world and get her some much needed help.

xMulexMule3 months ago

5*

I suspect this problem is more common than one would think.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very proactive of this husband. More partners should do this when they're cut off, if it's not for cheating. If it's cheating then just burn the bitch

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous