All Comments on 'On Writing Celebrity Fantasies'

by AchtungNight

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
JammyJimmyJammyJimmyabout 15 years ago
Excellent Work!

This guide is really well written, with a whole raft of handy hints and tips in it. I can't agree enough with the need to google your celebrity either, because you never know where you discover a hook or two.

A generous and genuine piece of work! Thankyou!

Calit69Calit69about 15 years ago
Well done most informative

A new entrant to Literotica. Busy reading and exploring a number of genre's some of which are seriously naughty but illicitly nice. Your article is well written, erudite and very informative. Unfortunately find celebrities an absolute bore. I feel very sorry for the indiviuals who live their lives vicariously. Will give one of your sumssions a read and see if it hits a button. Thanks

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowover 10 years ago
Good, solid advice. Major problem.

Enjoyed your carefully thought-out conclusions on this genre of writing. However, this is a site for porn fiction. No matter what disclaimer you put on it. Any such story posted here that includes more than a little PG-13 romance (and how many of those are you going to see here?) is instantly going to get the author, and probably the readers, filed in the "possibly dangerous potential stalker" category, by the celebrity involved and possibly by law-enforcement, as well. Supreme court cases notwithstanding.

So, post these submissions at your own risk. If someone is stalking your subject, you and your employer might get a visit from people with badges, once they get a warrant for your ip adresss.

AchtungNightAchtungNight9 months agoAuthor

Apologies for not saying this sooner. Sometimes I ignore my stories for long periods of time, sometimes it takes a while to get the right words into my head and then voice them. First, I appreciate these comments. Second, talldarkfellow is absolutely correct. I echo his sentiments and remind readers that they were mentioned in my essay in a toned down manner to make readers more at ease. I trust readers of my work to police themselves on issues like talldarkfellow describes. If you need a model for how you should act when meeting a celebrity after you write an online adult fanfic about them, consider the following true story. 10 years after I published such stories about Alicia Witt online, I heard she was now active in the music industry and giving a concert in my hometown. I got a ticket, just intending to be another audience member among dozens. Then later I heard the concert was canceled due to low fan interest and the covid pandemic. Then I got an email saying I and a few other fans were to be given free passes to a small VIP performance Alicia would give at a local hotel bar in lieu of the concert. I went, it was great, and afterwards the audience had the opportunity to interact with her, get autographs signed, and so on. I considered shaking her hand & introducing myself, as any fan would and many who attended that event did. But, recalling my stories and our circumstances, I ended up doing nothing but smiling & waving at her from a distance, accepting her smile in return, then walking away. Any fan who writes a story about a celebrity with porn elements must do the same thing. Once you put down such stories about a celebrity, about any person, you must accept that you are now a potential controversy in their lives. Sometimes they can forgive it, sometimes not. Google Stan Lee’s experiences with the real life woman on whom he based his comic book superhero Kitty Pryde for further details. As a fan & a writer, you must be willing to accept your place. Or reap the consequences if you don’t. Enough said.

AchtungNightAchtungNight9 months agoAuthor

One additional piece of advice. Accept that you may have a distorted picture of the celebrity. I heard Stan Lee created Kitty Pryde, named her after someone he knew in college, and that woman had issues with her name being used. She was honored but also distressed. She ultimately had to accept both. Sometimes you hear the wrong information and post too quickly, caught up in emotion. John Byrne created Kitty Pryde, not Stan Lee. I had the wrong information. Research! Per Kitty’s Wikipedia page, the origin of her name is correct however, as are what I knew of the feelings towards Kitty from the woman who allowed the use of her name. So let me reiterate what I said earlier. The decades of stories about Kitty are also real- many of these include sexual fantasies. Now consider the effects of all that on the woman who gave Kitty her name. Can you still handle writing a story about a character if you know this (as I did when I wrote my stories about Kitty and other celebrity characters)? Good way to test yourself as a writer if you do, but trust me, it can still bother me decades after I write my work. Perhaps that is a sign I’m feeling the right way about things. Hope it’s the same for you and you accept that your fantasies can never be more than fiction. Nor should they.

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandt5 months ago

I have taken a slightly different approach to my celeb/fan fiction stories here and focused on their sex lives before they became famous. (See my "Before They Were Stars" series)

I found this much more challenging as well as rewarding since it requires a great deal of research into the earlier lives of the celebrities yet allows for the inclusion of fictional events that many of my readers can't tell are real or made up by me. I love to leave them guessing.

Based upon scores and feedback from readers, my approach has been appreciated, except by the cousin of one of my celebrities (Deborah Norville) who was concerned about the details I provided in my story. Since I had included so much factual detail, such as the correct school she had attended, named local hang outs, where she had worked, and things that the celebrity was involved in at the time, he felt that people who knew her might believe the fictional sex scenes were also factual.

AchtungNightAchtungNight5 months agoAuthor

BobbyBrandt- I appreciate your feedback. I have used your approach in my stories also- witness my Passion of Erika Christensen series, also my depiction of Keri Russell & Evan Rachel Wood’s early relationships in The Rendezvous. Research is key to developing such character details, but yeah, they should remain rooted in fiction. Hopefully I’m walking the balance beam. If any actual celebrities or their fans wish to reach out to me personally about it, please do so. In private message is preferred- this site does have its trolls. Thx.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAchtungNight@AchtungNight
116 Followers
I am an Internet fanfiction author who enjoys penning fantasy movies starring my favorite celebrities. I have posted some of my erotic writings here. More can be found here- https://archiveofourown.org/users/Achtungnight/pseuds/Achtungnight Enjoy! Note- for those interested i...