All Comments on 'A Black Superwoman's Planet'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
sam is an asshole

f-off sam

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Truly amazing how bad this is

Sam does not really write words. Not enough intelligence. Words drool from his lips like so much slime.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Garbage

Garbage

TransverseTransversealmost 15 years ago
Hmmmm....

I've read some of your work as well as the comments that people have written about it. I realize that people on here can be somewhat cruel and usually don't provide any reasoning behind their opinions, but I understand some of their frustrations. Though it might seem so, most of these people are not averse to your message of black empowerment. It's your style and some of the other messages you are sending that they find so offensive. Your beginnings tend to read like personals ads, for a start. This is okay for one or two stories, but for more than that it becomes repetitive and makes it seem like you don't dedicate time or effort to your work. Since your black empowerment theme is so important to you, I know you put a lot of thought into your work, and it should reflect that, but it doesn't. Also, this is an erotic story site. People don't want to come here and hear a rant about the horrible state of the world- they came for an erotic story, and maybe some background to keep it interesting. Its a good idea to keep with your theme of black empowerment and positivity, but your focus should be on the erotica and you should work in your message through dialogue, during characterization, or through the events of the story. Also, try a point of view other than first person.Let your characters live apart from you. You'd be surprised at what this can do for the readers' perception of you as the author.

Last, but certainly not least, is the tone. I think this is probably the biggest problem you are facing right now. Your voice is too strong in your stories, and your characters don't have room to exist. Even though the characters in all of your stories are supposed to be different people, they all sound exactly the same. Their overall attitude is extremely condescending and self righteous, character flaws you routinely condemn. Your characterization of women is especially offensive and oversimplified, and you often overlook the explanations behind their behavior.

I hope this helps you to look below the surface of the comments you are getting and see their true meaning. They can be very hurtful- I know, I've gotten a few- but in the long run, they'll prove more valuable than the ones that praise you because they reveal flaws that you might not otherwise see. Please feel free to contact me, I would really love to collaborate with you on a work so that people could actually receive the message you are trying to send.

TransverseTransversealmost 15 years ago
How so?

This is a response to the comment that you left for my story, After Hours. What do you mean 'a breath of fresh air?' It's rather vague, and I wish everyone's feedback would be more specific, I get a lot of comments like that.

lancewmlancewmalmost 15 years ago
I have tried constructive feedback

Samuelx has always ignored it, and gone on writing the same tired stuff the same way, over and over. I gave up. However, the comment below from "transverse" is absolutely right on. Wonderful advice, honest feedback and an offer to help. What could be better for someone who wants to grow as a writer? Samuelx, I hope you take the offer. I sincerely do!

PornoclesPornoclesover 13 years ago
Disappointing

When i read the story title i was expecting the tale of a black woman with superhuman powers, like flight and super strength, who uses those powers to protect the world from various enemies or maybe to make herself empress or something.

Why give your character any kind of special powers if they are going to be no more than a footnote in the plot? The paragraphs talking about her shapechanging and her family were basically pointless filler because you didn't take it anywhere.

And the Destroyers! Wow, pointless. An evil murderous secret society as old as history and they don't even make an appearance in the story. Why did you bother?

This 'story' had no story. It could have been a tale of adversity when the Destroyers discover the lead character and try to kill her but she uses her shape changing and maybe some good old fashioned feminine wiles to evade them and maybe even turn one of them to her side. You know, some adversity which she had to overcome?

As it stands you might as well have written a story about a black couple at college who have some fem dom sexy time and be done with it.

Well, at least it was short and it didn't take long to read (ie. waste much of my time).

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thats what you get ...

... for *reading* stuff by Spamuelx :-(

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
2122 Followers
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...

story TAGS