All Comments on 'A Tribute To My Ex-Husband'

by DeniseNoe

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Why

Did you get divorced, I can understand why he might want one, kids, a normal life, ect. but just wondering why?

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 15 years ago
Excellent essay

It sounds to me like you two still love each other. <p> I read the essay you referred to in this one. I can sympathize - some of the women who grew up in the depression should not have had children. In my house growing up, it was being called "stupid," "idiot," "imbecile," et cetera - even though it was a farm situation and my brother and I both worked hard every day. For me, Independence Day was when I shelled out $300 for a '64 Chevy when I was 16 - driver ed was after school with no bus so I hitchhiked home after each session - I was essentially gone after that and never looked back. My poor brother for some reason never really escaped - he still is subjected to the same treatment 30 years later.<p> By the way you are an exceptionally good writer DN - clear, concise, compelling, and correct.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
It is unusual

Basically the question of why he married her would be the first to answer. If it is a true declaration there is a lot behind the curtains to be looked at!

cippy2kcippy2kalmost 15 years ago
ugh

ever hear of rianna? what happened to her would be worse if I were your ex..women should go by the Muslim code..stone or death..my culture is pure and you deserve stoning

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
not really much detail...

so read more like an agency report but the guy's a saint if this true.If the previous comment were true and not just meant to incite righteous loathing and inspiration for the elimination of any sharia adhering male Muslim on the planet I'll eat my wife's panties.Come to think of it, I'll do that anyway.Of course, since I'm not beneath a slug on the evolutionary scale, I'll ask her first.Pistolpackinpete

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Puzzlling article

The alleged author is obvious fictional since the writing is articulate and logical and contradicts the imaginary subjct of the article who not intelligent enough to hold a job, learn to cook etc and is legally classified as disabled. The obvious questions are; why did he marry her, why was he so extremely generous to her in the divorce and what is the point of the article?

the Ct. Yankee

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wrong category - should have been humor!

Quite a wicked sense of humor to draft & submit something like this. Interesting!

fourthwirefourthwirealmost 15 years ago
Touching And True

As is the case for so many of Denise's stories, my heart was touched by her honest and humbling account of herself, including of course her human frailties and limitations.

Years ago, when I read on one of Denise's blogs how her husband voluntarily paid alimony and had legal papers written up to ensure it, I questioned he ex-husband's sanity and intelligence.

And much the wiser now, I can see how wrong I was.

Tom's love for Denise transcends their separation and divorce. And I have the barest glimpse why just why it might indeed do so.

Denise's sharing of her life's details including her inability to hold many jobs touched my heart.

And for writers, that talent is precious. Thank you for sharing with us, Denise.

cafebabecafebabealmost 15 years ago
VALIC as secure as AIG

Your VALIC is as secure as AIG - in fact it's a unit of AIG. Good Luck.

movermoverover 13 years ago
A Little Tongue

In cheek? I hope so, as that is the way it read to me. I about had a laughing fit. Thank you for a very enjoyable short story/essay.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous