All Comments on 'Priorities-Jack & Emma'

by muirmadra

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
maybe a lack of....

...mutual interests can derail a marriage.Lack of mutual growth?Pistolpackinpete

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 15 years ago
so a hard working Husband Justifies cheating?

It seems so. The fact that Husband has not taken his wife out to dinner is IRRELVANT. The wife cut him off sexually for months ...was going out on dates... and was planning to go away with the other guy for 3 days.

<br></br>

all while still married. I guess it is good news Emma came to her senses but getting into a shower to hvce sex with Jack... is not going to solve her deeper issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Again a case of the wife not communicating with

her spouse. Luckily she matured soon enough to save her marriage. But she has already "cheated" twice. Dumb broads are dumb broads no matter how good they look.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Very Good!

Wake up call, we all get them, cause we see everything from our point of view. Talk, talk and more talk, keep the love flowing, if not it can slip away. Thanks for a great story.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Good Story

Glad to see you back. Nice to see that you were able to put in a lot of interesting background and had a wife who was recoverable, though for some it was all over when she had dinner with Preston, and for others the moment she said that she was going on the trip with Preston independent of anything Jack said. She lied though, she did pay very careful attention to what Jack wrote! Basically thought there was a strong discontinuity between her inward thoughts and her final actions. I really think that Jack was foolish to take Marie with him. I wonder if he left the door open or if she picked up another key at the desk!

For me a nice story about life among human beings, for others a terrible story about a wimp. I have to admit that his reading a Western while she was cleaning the house turned me off a bit. After all she works too and so they should have a sharing policy and normally if his was outside work than he would relieve tension by being seen hard at work. Now I will get called a wimpish Moron!

Thanks again for your contribution, muirmadra

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Very good story and very erotic as well

Harry? I don't know if you are upset because Emma didn't cheat or perhaps you wanted her to cheat and you are upset because the husband didn't cheat either. This story is about two people taking their eye off the ball nothing more. The writer gave us the information that Emma DID NOT have sex with David Preston. She ONLY had two dinner dates with him. Hell My wife has had many lunch dates with her various bosses over the years and she hasn't told me about them until after the event. But I trust her 100% you obviously do not trust any woman. Tell me did someone cheat on you? did a wife or agirlfriend do the dirty on you? maybe it's because your lack of trust in them. They may have done it just to spite you.

ohioohioalmost 15 years ago
not every cheating wife story

actually has cheating in it! They got close, but unlike the usual pattern they used their brains rather than their...other parts. Good story, full of strong emotions. Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
You're a great writer with a lot of style

but I thought the story was too appeasing to those who would have ripped you to pieces if, despite the love and family, he had forgiven her for really straying. Because us clusterfuckers hate all women and need to see them burn if they so much as look past their husbands. That's why in the real man's world we are bringing the burka into fashion. It suits our morality.In the end I felt you maybe didn't dare(and I am often wrong) take the story the way you really wanted, because you wanted critical approval and also a much welcomed happy ending. There are signs on this site that writers are pandering to the fantasy killjoys, a bullying but vociferous minority. Would you, muirmadra, have forgiven her if she had slipped? (Purely rhetorical mate, I know it's just a story, and thanks). Mancelt.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
It would be hard to believe that she didn't cheat

She was seduced and went twice on a date with the guy, who is a known womanizer. What makes him think she didn't fuck him. Just because she said that she didn't? well what did he expect her to say? Should she have told him that he fucked her brains out all of the time he was away? She lied, told him nothing happened, and then when she found out that the promotion wasn't real, she came running back to her meal ticket. Get back in good with her husband by using sex to turn any suspicions away from her fucking her boss.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 15 years ago
to Anonymous Poster asking ME a question

you wrote/asked me

<br></br>

<i> This story is about two people taking their eye off the ball nothing more. The writer gave us the information that Emma DID NOT have sex with David Preston.</i>

<br></br>

wrong again Retard. All we know is what the wife tells her husband. <b>Given her lying WHY accept what she says at face value? </b>

<br></br>

Looking for Proof that the latest story from KNOWN a liar and fool-- in this case the wife Emma-- does NOT mean I hate all woman.

<br></br>

Nice try turd face.

<br></br>

even worse you LIE about the rest of the story. You wrote

<br></br>

<i> She ONLY had two dinner dates with him. Hell My wife has had many lunch dates with her various bosses over the years and she hasn't told me about them until after the event.</i>

<br></br>

what about the 3 day trip? YOUR wife has gone away with her boss for 3 days?

<br></br>

married woman dont have DATES. Married men dont have Dates. If your wife is REALLY dating her boss... and not having a working dinner meeting... then you are a Moron.

Zeb40Zeb40almost 15 years ago
I don't believe she physically cheated.

What we have is a clever seducer taking his time to achieve his goal. I believe he was going to set the hook on this "business" trip. Emma may have resisted, but who can tell. Notice, she did make arrangements to go to Valdez before she called Douglas Preston to verify the mythical promotion. A nice story about two loving people who temporarily lose sight of what's important, and, hopefully get back on track. Nice little tale. Paul

zed0zed0almost 15 years ago
Really Good!

I Love a Happy Ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Harry, I hate to disappoint you but many females

have male bosses and often go away for business trips. The difference between your female partners and my wife and many other wives who go away with their bosses they don't cheat they don't have sex with their bosses they may occasionally go out to a bar with them but if that was cheating in your eyes what would happen if say a woman went out with a man who was a eunuch and couldn't do anything even if he wanted to would that still be cheating? after all the wife did, god forbid talk to another man she did accept a drink from another man and god forbid even more let the man pay for it and then got home in one piece. No sex in any shape or form. Lastly Harry why are you second guessing the writer the writer states that no sex occured between them so personally I would accept what the writer says. All this is academic anyway why not write a story yourself Harry? then you can have all the cheating wives stories you want. You can make them as slutty as you want try it Harry, go on see how good you really are instead of putting down every story that may or may not have a woman who cheats.

lancewmlancewmalmost 15 years ago
I have been challenging Harry to write

He never responds. He prefers the bombastic displays of a petty person who cannot do it himself. Even his reviews are typically statements about himself, his likes and dislikes, what he trusts and does not, and not about the quality of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
While I don't agree w/HarryinVa

She DID cheat. Did she have sex? I'll take the Author's word and say no. But the sex part is merely the "Coup de Grace". Playboy had wifey going out on dates AND lying to Hubby. Anything else is just detail.

Ducky7Ducky7almost 15 years ago
Good story

Even the emotions were real and felt. I liked it. Sorry some think that what the wife did was too far to repair. But that is when the repair can be made without a divorce.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 15 years ago
This one was pretty good . . .

First, the writing quality was excellent. Second, the plot was plausible. Third, the characters were believable. The author captured a sense of reality in his story. We need to remember that (in a broad sense) women give sex to get love, and men give love to get sex. These lines blur quite a bit but quite honestly, many men just like Jack might feel that Emma's lack of physical affection and sexual intimacy towards her spouse reflects a lack of love. Further, many women get physically turned off when their men fail to give them time, attention, romance, and emotional support. Obviously, the many years of marriage reflect a generally good (and loving) relationship which landed on the rocks because of a lack of communication, in my view. Why didn't Emma simply say to Jack that he was spending so much time on his job, she felt as if he placed her second all the time, in fact, she felt unloved? And why did Emma ignore Jack's attempts at intimacy to the extent she did not wish to make love for months? Women are supposed to be the better gender vis-a-vis communication. Did she ever tell Jack she needed more, and then she would feel more romantic towards him? Only with the spat over the broken glass did we hear a hint of her actual feelings ("at least David understands my needs . . . "). I must agree with others that Emma crossed the line first. Instead of trying to make her marriage better, she chose to buddy up with her boss in the law firm, a known womanizer. Probably she felt flattered that this powerful lawyer, who had his pick of lots of women, felt interested in her. She no doubt lied to herself as-to where it was headed, but Jack sensed it right away and correlated it with her change in attitude towards him and their marriage. Again, very realistic and a credible story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Great

Another home run here...thanks for the hard work...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
The wife was a bit of an idiot.

Instead of talking to her husband, the man who mattered, about how she felt, she fell under the spell of another man wanting to seduce her and turn her into a paid whore. Question is why do braindead women have kids to make mroe braindead people? Maybe because the only thing women that are braindead can really do is fuck and have kids. But then again are girls bred for brains or beauty to fuck?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Sorry folks I have to do this about lancewm

Wow lamce you have just as many stories as Harry in VA. Guess you both have the same talent. No thats not true. Harry breaks down stories and finds the problems with them. You on the other hand critique Harry because you dont like what he says. Makes you low man on the totem pole eh?

thebulletthebulletalmost 15 years ago
a nice story of 2 people coming to their senses

<p>very nicely done story. I know I'm an idiot because I take the author of a story at his/her word. If the author says no one cheated, I believe it. Harry on the other hand, knows that the miserable lying bitch always cheats at the first opportunity.</p>

<p>I've been challenging Harry to write his own story for about 5 years now. I haven't noticed any response. But I have noticed a deep hatred for about 95% of all LW stories. He always finds a reason - there's always a reason. What a dork!</p>

<p>Them that can, do. Then that can't, criticize. </p>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
A Good Story

That has a good ending, thanks for it.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 14 years ago
I love a happy ending

And this story has a good one. Contrary to many comments about what the wife really did, I say that she did just what the author said she did. My wife would never go out to dinner or anywhere with another man but that's just her and not all women or people are the same. Good plot, story line, and flow. Thanks for your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I like it.

Every now and then, we get a little to focused on what we are doing, that sometimes we forget and take people close to us for granted. It is not always that things are under our control, a lot of times we do have to set priorities, as the title suggest. I am happy with the ending, although not as erotic as I would have like it to be, it gives us a perspective as to what really is important to us.

What I realized from this story is that our priorities should not be fixed and rigid. Yes, we do value our work, but I do value family very much, and working for family, gives me a purpose.

What Emma did was to reevaluate her priorities, something that we all must do every now and then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Gotta agree with Harry: going away on business trips vs Dates w/Boss

The problem here is the difference in terms.

Is there a difference between Dinner meetings with groups of People vs a dinner date with the Boss that your spouse does not know anything about?.............yes there is.

Is there a difference between long Business meetings with the Boss or office group that your spouse knows about vs 3 day weekend with 1 guy that the spouse did NOT know about.... and the wife would NOT cancel when asked ? ........................yes there is

hell even Emma admitted these dinner dates

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
both had a wake-up call

marriage was headed into the crapper, plausible last minute save, good story

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Both got calls and -

To be honest both answered = well -

BetterEndingBetterEndingabout 12 years ago
Excellent

Thank you for an excellent story. Please keep writing!

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 12 years ago
now this was a good story

not sluts, no wimps just a man keeping what is his, his.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Story

Both realized they were wrong for the problems in the marriage and tried to fix things so this was a great story with a good happy ending

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Story****

Great read I really enjoyed this story. Thanks for sharing.

mike2710mike2710over 11 years ago
*****

Now that was a Loving Wife. Thanks for the entertainment. Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
now that is what i call a story

well done. a great read and a great conclusion..

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Absolutely amazing. High quality writing, beautiful descriptions, depth of emotion. It is too bad she had to face the prospect of divorce before realizing her errors.

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Great story

The story is relevant and examines the very core of the seeds of disaster of a relationship or marriage. I felt the author was very well equipped in the subject matter and he was masterful in the nuances of the issues presented. I could very well see the dissolution of this relationship as it was at the ebb of disaster. The husband gave it his all to warn his wife. His wife was absorbed in her vanity ignorant of her seduction by her boss who was playing her masterfully. The binds of love were at grips end and the fail safes were aborted by their vulnerable emotional states caused by their grotesque interactions or lack thereof. The wife read the letter/note left by her husband and she realized, fortunately, that they were both in free fall with no emergency chute. She had to react and chose her ultimatum. I liked her choice and I think her husband did as well. The story explores the possibilities people face in their lives consciously or subliminally without considering the feelings that are generated by their actions without the luxury of Good effective communication of their own feelings and their partner's. The upswell of emotion was thick and transparent and powerful. This story moved me to be a better person. That is very serious stuff to say the least. The happy ending wasn't tentative. Instead, it was a joint effort in making things real for eachother. Giving up a job as the wife had done was a total act of love and a total act of respect for herself her marriage her family and her husband. People can be groomed for seduction simply and steadfastly when are wounded emotionally as the wife was in this story. She was blinded by her own vanity and myopic view of the aggressor in this drama. The author was skillful in making this quite transparent. I enjoyed reading this story very much and I walk away with enlightenment to very real issues of human interaction. Thanks author for a tremendous story. I wish it could've gone on further as I usually do with really great stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Yep

In the nick of time, they create clarity about what's really important. Given the fact that she was the one who almost wrecked their marriage, it's fitting that she's the one who saved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Communications!!!!

Married couples must communicate even if it pisses each other off period!! Case in point with this story, so close.

Awesome writing!!!!

SplitAcesSplitAcesalmost 10 years ago
I hate to say this, but

Monkcalm, you sound a mite cynical. The women you describe are sluts and whores. They can also be described as evil. Women are not all evil. My mother for instance, is a saint! As I do not frequent bars and clubs; I seldom run into evil women. In fact I have great respect for, and often admire most of the women I know. There is a reason for the phrase "birds of a feather, flock together". I suggest you broaden your horizons, mix with a better class of people (preferably sober) and change your outlook on life. You'll be happier.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
THOSE FORCES THAT BECKON

all roads lead to one Choices, TK U MLJ LV NV

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
Pleasantly surprised by this one...

I admit I started this one and after the "book" portion ended up skimming a large section... maybe to about 60% of the way through... then I started reading again.

By the time I'd finished I went back and read a good portion of what I'd skimmed... and after doing that I went back and read the whole story.

I don't know what was throwing be off about it at first but am glad I gave it a second chance.

Definitely enjoyed the time spent to read it. Thanks.

wargameronewargameroneover 9 years ago
Excellent story.

The story shows what could happen if we take our eyes off what is important to us. We all need to keep what is important close to us and our hearts. Distance between hearts only invites tragedy. Loved this story. It earned its 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
subtle differance

He decided not to have an affair even though he thought she probably was without intervention on her part.

She on the other hand only decided to clue in after he told her he would divorce her.

Thats after lying and going on two dates with Preston.

At least he was written as smart and intuitive and she wasn't as dumb as some are portrayed.

EddboyEddboyover 8 years ago
he really had nothing

to apologize for... if she was unhappy about the amount of time he was working she should have said something but instead she turned to another man and gave her husband the cold shoulder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
why should HE apologize for ANYTHING

She was unhappy

She didn't say shit to him

She dated another man

She was about to screw another man

His mistake was in taking her back. What happens the next time she turns into stupid bitch ?

cadzkaycadzkayover 8 years ago
nobodys perfect

You don't have a perfect wife or a perfect husband. She may have been naive at first but she wised up later. He realised what's important in life. Though going on two dates with another guy is a bit much at least she came to her senses.hope they work things out.

jimbo103jimbo103over 8 years ago
life is nothing but an amalgamation of change.

in your 20's you have a set of priorities, in your 30's the priorities change/morph,

in your 40's the priorities change, in your 50's your priorities may again change, but when you look back to your 20's now, cant stop a smile creep on my face & a teary eye.

it feels a bit cruel that the woman had to quit her job due to a predator,

but its a good thing she did, however strong/independent we delude ourselves to be, we always need a helping hand, someday somehow, someone will exploit us when you let them persist.

we all need love, just sometimes we may confuse love with other attributes, we all make foolish decisions, but its also upto us to change our foolish plans as we see fit.

no doubt had emma gone on the business trip, the most likely outcome would most definitely be a divorce even if she had not cheated, for her husband would never believe her again, & that would lead to further destruction on any & all respect she has for her husband & she would wind up initiating the divorce with the husband agreeing with a divorce, the result will be emma would be sad for a while but move on but forver mourn the love she had & realise her stubbornness that destroyed a marriage, her husband would no doubt move on but be sad for a while for the relationship will always appear to him as have been one sided for all his effort & love he put in.

so i guess i see as both would loose a lot emotionally in a divorce even if there was no adultery, it was highly astute on both they way each acted out, the husband leaving a prophetic note, & the wife's decision to put their marriage above all did save them both.

Love is irrational, slow to grow, easy to destroy, hurtful & fulfilling. it takes lots of effort & time to really discover to depth of love you hold for someone.

"keep away from love if you dont have the strength for heartache. its part & parcel of the territory"~ the wisest advice i ever received, yet i never could follow it

cap5356cap5356over 8 years ago
such a deep story

this story seems to really hit the problems with marriage right on the head. we tend to forget that it takes daily work to make a marriage work. saying i do doesn't keep the same things as of that day all the way through life. things change and you have to change with them if you want the marriage to survive. love your storys

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
so wait

His wife going somewhere with a pussy hound is horrific divorce material, but he has absolutely no problem with a cock hound slut who openly states her intent to destroy his marriage? He wouldnt fire her in a heartbeat, though he believes himself lacking in 3 days of self control? The hypocrisy is mind blowing.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
@Anonymous 11/29/15

If you thoroughly read the story, as far as Jack knew Emma was dead set on going with David Preston to Vancouver for three days.

And well on her way to being seduced.

Jack was left to believe that his marriage was over.

What do you expect of him?

Life goes on for Jack, with or without Emma.

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
I will be short

I liked this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I assume that those of you who are talented authors.....

Ignore those anonymous critics such as those that have commented negatively on this story. Well done! It's nice to read an occasional true love story on this site and in this genre. However, I do admit liking a well written drama involving infidelity also. Thanks for this effort.

NATHANBRITTLESNATHANBRITTLESalmost 8 years ago
I Agree FD45...

...I enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
not sure why...

The nasty comments. She was targeted, tempted and might have given in. I abhore those wives who discuss intimate marital issues with anyone other than spouse. I repeatedly warned my wife about talking about our problems with her friends. She denied it. I told her I knew she was lying but would overlook it if she never did it again. A month later one of her friends let it slip out that she was still doing it. Given her lies and disrespect, I no longer trusted her. No adultery on either part but our marriage ended that day

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 7 years ago
5

Awwww, a family survives thru common sense. However i envision young muss hot to trot showing up at his door in a fuzzy onesie ... zip that open at a 45 yr man and bobs your uncle !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

the whore has no love nor respect for him. it's just a matter of time. he is a big fucking PUSSY for not leaving her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
AFTER SIX MONTHS OF ROMANCING HER, HER BOSS STILL HADN'T FUCKED HER?? WOW.... WHAT A SUCCESSFUL LAWYER HE MUST BE.

ESPECIALLY WHEN HE HAD HER ALL TO HIMSELF TO FOCUS ON.... SEVEN NIGHTS A WEEK, FOR THREE FUCKING WEEKS.... WHEN HER HUSBAND WAS GONE TO ALASKA.

IN REAL LIFE... HE WOULD HAVE FUCKED HER AND SHE WOULD HAVE FUCKED HIM BACK SEVERAL TIMES.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Story

And very well written. I liked it a lot. As someone else said, I don't understand all the negative comments. This is the "Loving Wives" story section. And sometimes a loving wife really IS a loving wife. Jeez, I guess some people really do get off on watching a train wreck. 5 Stars. And thank you for the story.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 7 years ago
Well done.

Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent, well written story 5*

Simple but effective tale of neglect, temptation and near betrayal. Hopefully she has true remorse and he stops being complacent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Don't Mean To Disturb...

...but I say the curb!

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Third time

And still love this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@anon - ''Excellent...''

The last to paragraphs containing author's relationship insights should be required to be slowly and loudly read at every wedding. Married couples should have it framed and prominently placed in every room of the house.

As to the comment referred to in my ''title'' my take was his so called complacency developed as she drew away from him enchanted by her lothario boss. Couples seldom

realize more hours are spent during the week with colleagues than with spouses. Being a predator's PA means an abundance of one-on-one time. Over time he intentionally ingratiated himself to her...expensive gifts should have alerted her to his intentions. Besides two dinners I am certain the preceeding six months included private lunches and coffee breaks.

Her belief Preston knew how to treat a woman whereas her husband did not is narcissistic and divisive. From the beginning her husband had warned her about her boss. Instead of remembering her husband had never made such comments about any other male should have been taken to heart not discounted...she defended him to her husband...she took his side against the man she had known and supposedly loved for decades. She came to yearn for the lifestyle the predator showed her. Predators are all narcissists...very charismative, superlative manipulators and she was mesmerized by him.

Yes some could rightly claim Jackson was complacent...but the story indicated during their verbal spat that his every effort was rebuffed. Tough to talk about the problem when the wife outright refuses to objectively reflect on her husband's take on her boss and his motives.

Instead of defending the seducer she should have asked herself why was this guy giving expensive gifts to a married woman, what kind of person - cannot call him a man - would persistently keep asking another man's wife

out on dates. Why was he asking about her marriage...why did she engage in that conversation.

She loved the attention and revelled in being courted by a rich successful lawyer...she came to look down on her husband.

She came to believe she deserved better than Jackson. She would show him. Finding out a much prettier, younger, firm lush breasted woman was eager to replace her had never crossed her mind. She figured she would have a weekend of romance while her husband remained home lost and alone without her. Though she convinced herself nothing inappropriate would happen, she told herself she deserved a ''The Grass is Always Greener'' interlude - cannot recall actress name who left almost destitute husband Cary Grant with the kids while she

boffed millionare Robert Mitchum returning with mink coat which friend Jean Simmons modelled in lingerie.

RARE ARE THE WIVES WHO ARE NOT BLIND TO THAT WHICH THEIR HUSBAND SEES CLEARLY!

I had similar situation with my wife's boss. The second she introduced us I could tell his intentions. Guys like that pay lots of attention to the wife at functions while ignoring her husband. The guy had my wife on his side until her started publicaly groping all the females in the office and encouraging the other males to follow suit. One grabbed my wife's breast...true they are full and firm round big nipples though conservatively covered. She stood up and slapped the guy's face. I had insisted she keep a journal of the sexual harassment but in early 80s the atmosphere was different than today. Nonetheless she took journal and went to next higher up boss who knew me and I him. He also knew I had been a hod carrier for 15 years and was extremely strong...he had also witnessed what happened to a guy who accosted my wife in a bar a few years earlier. My wife told him I would be visiting the office if he didn't fix it by the next day. Her immediate boss was found to be bedding a married female in another department but also came out he had for years been molesting his second wife's daughter...started when she was 11. Out on bail he gassed himself.

The guy that groped my wife. At the office Christmas party, I took his wife by the hand, walked her under the mistletoe and passionately kissed her, then turning her to directly face her husband, I slid both my hands under her

sweater and bra and massaged both her breasts. To the quiet and shocked crowd I loudly announced we were even, but we could discuss it further if he so chose.

Why did his wife not fuss. The day after he groped my wife, I went by his place after I got off worked and told her what happened. While I was there I had her call my wife for confirmation. I also told her I would be getting even and would let her know where and when. The fact that I had always been nice and complimentary towards her at functions and she knew how much I loved my wife...she commented one time I was only guy she ever met whose eyes never wandered and that the other wives were jealous of mine. That and the fact her husband was fat, combover hair and thick glasses on his huge nose and she was plain and more than a little chubby and a man ten years younger, muscular and great looking was going to kiss and caress her with no recrimination.

I did get a little chastisement from my wife being as I not only cupped both breasts while he had only groped one but the bare skin factor was mentioned more than once that night. Next day was Christmas Eve, so after kids were down I told my wife to check her stocking...the full carat diamond earrings did the trick...though the two carat sapphire ring the next day made certain the subject was closed.

weathermanksweathermanksabout 6 years ago
Great!

Loved it! And anything with a happy ending is just what I need. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
to other authors

Many other authors complain about the ''conspiracy'' that prevents their stories from breaking the 4.0 mark.

Reedrichards, thecarolinadreamer, swingerjoe, and others have made denigrating remarks insisting unless author writes over the top BTB story, a high score is unattainable.

Muirmadra's stories are not BTB, but then the wifes choose fidelity.

Muirmadra's score average above 4.5. Sad to say, Muirmadra no longer submits stories.

I return to his page quite often when in need of an escape for a number of hours. His stories always renew my faith, the belief at some point I will experience and treasure a relationship such as he describes...

Still looking for my EMMA!

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Your

Stories are Brilliant! There is not much more I can say! Well yeah there is " It's Bloody Freezing were they are at Valdez"

Anyway Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Happy

Just discovered Muirmadra's stories today, and I love them. This is my favorite, with a foolish wife who wakes up just in time, and a level headed husband who does the right thing. A real loving wife and husband story. Wish there were more. If you're still with us sir, thank you. If you have gone on, Rest In Peace.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Loved this. Perfect story.

Only, tiniest little quibble — the sample bucket would probably be stainless steel.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Second read

Another good happy ending. I really enjoy muirmadra's stories. Another guy I wish was still writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very close

Great story, both of them came very close to making mistakes they couldn't come back from. Glad to see both of them realized they loved each other in time to walk back from the brink!

5 well deserved stars.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 3 years ago
Loved it

Priorities are the bedrock of a good relationship. It doesn't have to be romantic dinners and dancing, just showing your partner that they are first and foremost the most important thing in your life. That's the bedrock that a loving life is best built on.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

Nice.

This was where reconciliation works.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked the story but dont understand when telling a story on this site writers feel the need to stop mid-story to go into useless backstory.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Could use some payback on Preston.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

6 months??? You wait 6 months without to make up your mind to do something about the relationship... what's with the writer's of these spineless men... whimps and victims... they deserve to be cuckold... I wouldn't even last 2 weeks before there would be a serious Sunday come to meetin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story but too many silly errors.

rednose2457rednose2457almost 2 years ago

excellent story. Pride and anger get in the way but what's really important in life saves the day.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 2 years ago

Well done. This author was recommended to me by a friend and I'm glad she did.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

WISH you were still writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

'the stranger looked downward to the ground, '

What a stunning description!

No wonder they love your writing so much. 'They' being the people who stand on the trail and look upward to the ground.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story. Their marriage came under fire but they came out stronger. His letter to her was a wake up call. Nut he realized that he had been neglecting her and hence set the stage for a predator like Preston to weasel his way in. She had zero intention of sleeping with Preston on the business trip but did like being courted, something her husband had forgotten, but who knows what would have happened. Drugged drinks? Drunken intoxication. Preston had some plan to try tonget into her pants and she might not have stopped it. She was smart to call the father about the fictitious promotion. She learned she was being played. Her husband was right. And it isn't clear that her husband thinking she was having an affair with Preston (two dinners when away with nothing else affectionate or intimate happening is not an affair, it is a problem not an emotional affair) might have been vulnerable to Marie's seduction. Doubtful but possible. Wake up call for both. Invest in your marriage or watch it flounder.

deependerdeepender9 months ago

"...healing his Colt..." Like all grizzled riders of the western range, he carried solder, rivets, and horse liniment in his saddle bags.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story. She had hurt him by having two dinners with Preston but worse she talked abiut their relationship and their issues. That is not good. Gives the wolf something to target hence the lies about the new management position and the three day trip to Vancouver. Forget Marie. That was more to scare Emma. He wasn't going to sleep with Marie. Tempted by a sexy girl? Sure. But he was in control. But he made it clear he did not trust Emma anymore. That since thise dinner "dates" it all fit now how their relationship had deteriorated and no sex. Forget making love. Some of her concerns were probably valid and had festered before the predator took his shot. He then added fuel to the fire, accusing her husband of cheating (which it appears she vehemently did not believe) and then switching to his devotion to the job (which the MC was at least in part guilty). The letter was telling. Forget Marie. It was that he was basically ready to file when he got back. That caught her attention. Also his suggestion that didnshe verify with anyone else about the promotion (good call, get the predator's lies out into the open). It snapped her out if her malaise and her infatuation with being courted by Preston. It wasn't Preston himself, and I believe despite his accusations and over the top anger about condoms and birth control before their fight ended, she had zero intention of sleeping with Preston. She instead was enamored with being courted by someone, having dealt neglected. She knew she crossed a line of infidelity when she accepted the two dinner "dates" when her husband was out of town. It took her husband accusing her of cheating to get her to confess that. However, had she gone on that trip, seems quite clear Preston the predator would have made a move either via alcohol, drugs, or both. Even then it seems risky to go for a knockout blow.so quick and possible have it boomerang. So probably some X with liquor. Get her onto a dance floor and back to a hotel. Honestly Emma would have come clean if that had happened and woukd have endeavored to burn Preston out of guilt. But her husband knowing that he had warned her and she got outraged instead of listening, might not fully forgive her. Dunno depends on circumstances. Anyways he was assertive when he accused her of cheating and took umbrage with her promise to freeze him out if her panties, and then with the letter, laid out a very possible future. In turn ahe followed his advice, called the predator's father and saw through the bs. Then she was smart and assertive to meet her husband there. Little confused why it took her 4 days to.get up there, but suppose trave to Valdez, Alaska is not trivial. No she did.nit go to Vancouver, and probably called the father that Friday , then resigned. Glad they got it cleared up. Both took the other for granted.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why did it take her 4 days to get up to Alaska? Ok she didn't go to Vancouver and probably resigned on Friday. So why the time gap? Seems like she woukd want to surprise Jack as soon as possible. All they really needed was to communicate. Her infidelity by going out to dinner twice without telling Jack is not good but not terrible. But talking to the predator about their issues is a problem. And her not losing respect for the asshole when he suggests that her hsuband is cheating when away is a real problem. There she shows how naive she was. As she was with respect to the fictional promotion.

AllNigherAllNigher3 months ago

I liked the story.i know others harped on the timeline. That didn't really bother me. What did was his reaction to a woman in his shower. He didn't seem particularly surprised, and to gently tell Marie he couldn't do this would likely make his wife think he'd planned to cheat and changed his mind. Great fodder for a new fight!

A more natural reaction would be too jump and yell what the fuck!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermuirmadra@muirmadra
544 Followers
A young 58 year old California boy born in Florida, raised in the Northwest and settled in Southern CA. Someday, I may actually grow up. But, not now!