All Comments on 'A Long Christmas Good Bye'

by Jenny_Jackson

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
с

д

DG HearDG Hearover 14 years ago
Sad

Sad but well done. A few spelling errors but easy to see past. Nice to see the other side of Jenny Jackson. Wished is was longer, was getting into it.

With Respect

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Absolutely Beautiful

Thank you for showing so clearly how love triumphs, even over death.

CAP811CAP811over 14 years ago
touching

Well written, easy to read narrative. The most effective (and touching) part was Roberta's recollection of all the Christmas's past that she and Edward had enjoyed.

Old_BlueOld_Blueover 14 years ago
Just another side of Christmas.

Very good. I found it filled with unspoken emotion and depth of feeling.

Thanks and best to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I have been there

This story struck a very personal chord with me. Several years ago I spent every day for 11 weeks going to see my beloved wife in intensive care. I was there the night she died and believe me you hit the emotions perfectly. In fact ,I was in tears by the time I finished it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Gifts from the Heart

Gifts from the Heart are the best gifts to give, they don't cost a bundle, they are given freely and the joy on the face of the receipient is your return gift. May you and yours be blessed. Thanks for a very good moving story of lifelong love that endured to their end.

Regards Jewellee Australia

hoo_hoo_boohoo_hoo_booover 14 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you, delightfully done. I loved the way you described them in the end, it was so good though I wondered what they'd done with the crash cart- often its presented and not used and that could have been what happened.I loved the writing style and the unabashed poignancy. Thank you again.

AnnaOreithyiaAnnaOreithyiaover 14 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you so much for the short but touching story. I wish you all the best!

_Lynn__Lynn_over 14 years ago
Moving . . .

True love. Good luck in the contest.

elfin_odalisqueelfin_odalisqueover 14 years ago
Thanks

With love, this is a beautifully drawn portrait.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I can understand why

I think it is how it will be for many who are in love

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
So touching....

Beautifully written. Reminded me of Bicentennial Man and The Notebok where, the couples also pass together at the end. All the best in the contest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
beautiful

Beautifully told story.

northlandernorthlanderalmost 14 years ago
A Wonderful story

This is probably the way many couples would love to depart this world if they had the chance. Thanks for a beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Why have you disabled public comments on your other story?

Why have you disabled public comments on your other story?

The one about Belfast? It is so poignant and true. I mean, they never reported all those hangings in Long Kesh, (they even say there weren't any and the death penalty was removed in the UK years before the troubles - but if you say it is a true story then it must be!). Just how many did the Brits hang? And how did Gerry Adams and Martin Meginnis, convicted IRA men who did time in The Maze (and the Crumlin road and the Magabbery and the jail up in Derry) survive to go on to careers in politics, rejecting their former support for bombing and shooting innocent members of the public?

And all those other deaths that were covered up - it is great that you have brought them to light (I mean, no couple were reported killed in a car bomb in 1979, but you say it happened so...) Although I'd like to know who planted the bomb by the way - car bombs sound like terrorist weapons, but you clearly don't think the IRA were terrorists even if they did kill all those people in the Abercorn pub in 1972, and Omagh, and all the rest of 1728 people murdered by them.

Oh yes, and who are "the Ulsters" that Sean is a member of, and who would hang him? I don't remember hearing of any organisation referred to by that title?

And all those terrorists buried in the hills to the east of Belfast - have you any names of the victims? Numbers? Are we talking tens or hundreds or thousands? Any idea who buried them there? Because there are no reports of any of that. Certainly not by The Brits.(although the IRA did kidnap and torture and kill and secretly bury people, but not in North down, east of Belfast, a Protestant heartland)

And the girl shot in the bar - how did that happen? Why wasn't that in the news? Why was a soldier shooting innocent civilians in a pub? What happened at the public enquiry? (because there was always an inquiry after an army shooting - and in some cases fault was found and army soldiers were prosecuted by the British/Northern Irish legal system)

Oh and the church with the thirteen steps - what street is it in?

And all those bombed out pubs - who bombed them? And why weren't they rebuilt with the money given in compensation for terrorist acts by the (british) government?

And what was the name of the orphanage?

Sorry to ask all these questions. But I would really like to learn the true history of the troubles, since you so obviously know it so well (although the fact that the Castle Bar is in Ballycastle suggests your memory may be faulty.)

Or is the truth that this story is just hopelessly poorly researched and full of falsehoods that insult the people of Ireland by trivialising the dreadful truth of recent history?

Shame on you. Pull the story off this site.

DocWordsDocWordsover 2 years ago

Beautiful story. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous