All Comments on 'Don't Ever Give Up Ch. 04'

by SpotInTheSand

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Why

First, good story and writing. Now, WHY do I get the impression she has already been out with a team member (even with or without sex) and when does she hook up with Carlos? My point, Tim and Julia are both educated, intelligent and astute individuals so...he walked out on her once and I would have suspected that after a try or two to reach him she (most women would)would have decided to go out and put some space and men between them. Now, again, she left in anger, this is not a stupid woman, she already sulked, got emotional, thought things through and really does not need to go through it again. If these two are that mature you need to have him lose Julia...PERIOD, his asshole childness is unbecoming, a supposedly mature adult, besides, she could realize that she knew she would end up spending the rest of her life always wondering where his emotions and mind was...who needs that. The no to Miami was probably just to buy time and think and I think she should now take it, date Pat and Carlos before she leaves and call Tim a bad memory. I know this is his story so...get him some help and let him start all over with Brandi or someone else. Personally, if I was his friend, I would have literally beat his ass by now and YES, let Julia find a real grown up elsewhere and not Tim two years down the road at a company meeting in Miami...screw that as a fairy tale. Thanks; unfortunately, I have this fear you've already written the whole story but thanks for reading my comments!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Awesome

I love the dynamics... because in the real world we do sometimes stick with 'jerks' a little longer than we should and for whatever reasons. But since we are trying to live out our fantasies here please stick with the fairy tales. (And yes this is a woman speaking) He should loose her and put through crazy pain... but he should have to fight like hell to win her 'back' (hmm he never claimed her).

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Interesting and well written

Initially I was going to say that I did not like it as it was too painful to watch their dance. But I like the author's craftmanship and creativity. I feel for both Tim and Julie and understand their problems.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Fantastic!

Fantastic update. The character progression is interesting and realistic. Don't listen to this chap about having Julia move on with one of the players etc. In real life even educated, intelligent, successful career women take a big gamble on a man they love agreeing to friends with benefits relationships in the hopes of it developing into something else. Looks like Tim is at the cusp of making a commitment and Julia's sudden fire will make him value you her all the more when they finally do get together. I hope you don't give up on those 2. BTW you could have dragged this out a bit to have a full fledged novel worthy of publishing. Still I'm eager to see the end and will be at my computer with baited breath until tomorrow. Fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
wow

Just read through all of the chapters and it was a great way to get warmed up on a snowy day! Looking forward to reading more soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
No longer upset

about this. I decided to take it as you must have intended it: slapstick. As always feel free to delete if you must. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
well written story

to bad the main character never grew emotionally beyond the playground. She should have taken the job in Miami if only to get away from this immature asshole. Her blowjob cohersion was manipulative at best, but face it, he's a jerk. What grown adult can't get over being dumped by a partner after 3-4 years? Is still afraid to talk about it?Especially after spending most of that time with a someone else. Also, to respond to a previous post, why the hell would a succesfull, well educated career woman want to go out with some college athlete? Kind of a step down isn't it?

ILiveToRead44ILiveToRead44almost 9 years ago
4* for Julia

I feel really bad for Julia, but so happy she left him. Tim is a jerk and does not deserve to get her back. I really don't feel any compassion for Tim.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A triple pathetic jerk, hardly a hero for a main character. Leira did well to dump him.

I only continue to read to see how more pathetic a man can become without disappearing up his own asshole. Julia should dump him as well.

The scores continue to tumble. From 5* to 4* to 3* and only because well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well done

quality writing.

when the story and characters get under the readers skin so deep that they take umbrage at the Authors work ,,, mission accomplished

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
This started off great but is becoming stupid and redundent

Perhaps it's a good thing you quit writing. Your Cookies and Milk story was great with the main character being just slightly annoying and dense but still likable. This main character is a fucking Douche Bag and deserves a life of loneliness. This character has ZERO redeeming qualities that make me want to even root for him. I'm giving it one more chapter and if he is still a nasty asshole dipshit, I am done.

2 Stars and consider it an early Christmas Present.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
hard to like

unfortunately Tim has become an unlikable part of the story.

it is hard to get invested in him, let alone feel sorry, or even basic empathy for him.

he is quite possible the stupidest fuck tard on the planes. Good thing he is a good looking millionaire with a great job and a big dick. Because he has the emotional capacity of a goldfish. If he cant show basic kindness to those he cares about, he is just a waste of air on this planet. Maybe he will get into a car wreck on his way over there. It would be nice to see him loose his job and find out she still cares about him, not just his perfect situation.

oh gee, the broken, brooding superhero. What is he, Batman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Tim is the guy you love to hate

I get his pain and see the pain he perpetuates on himself and Julia but that will make the payoff that much sweeter. I see myself crying at the end of this!

TotosRevengeTotosRevenge5 months ago

Still hating your lead male.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpotInTheSand@SpotInTheSand
1499 Followers
December 2, 2023 -- I know it's been a while (again). I have a 13 or 14 part series that's just about done, revolving around a couple of the more major supporting characters from Brad's Road Trip, specifically Chapter 7. About done, as in, all chapters but the last one (possi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES