All Comments on 'Promise'

by Britease

Sort by:
  • 143 Comments
jasonnhjasonnhabout 14 years ago
Obsession

This is a story about an obsession. Once one takes root it will resist all efforts to dislodge it no matter what the consequences of following it through. It's hard for me to understand such a thing because I haven't been subject to any obsessions but other people certainly get caught up with them. He made a smart play and probably a real one. You might forgive someone for something but it could still completely alter your relationship with them. He made a promise to calm his wife's wedding day jitters. No reasonable person would expect such a promise to be fulfilled years later. He also promised forgiveness for a one time slip, not an extended affair. I was a cute story with a slightly unusual theme and therefore refreshing to read.

nyminusnyminusabout 14 years ago
Ok Brit I habe to admit that I have

No comment about the story except as to why people can't write real stories like this one. NYMINUS

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
The Bard Moves in Mysterious Ways!

What else could he do? He defiantly was a genius, and played it straight an honestly. After the mind fuck she laid on him, I personally am not sure I would ever really be able to trust her again, and I would sorely be tempted to kick her out, or leave, or declare an open marriage and go get some strange. But that wouldn't be a very happy ending at all, and you know how much I LOVE a Happy Ending, and this story delivered that an so much more.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 14 years ago
Nicely Done

A very nice twist on on a popular theme. Smooth move by Ken and I agree with his assessment that he could forgive her but that her actions could alter the way he felt about her and their marriage. Good character development, good flow and a good ending, at least for me. Thanks for your hard work and please keep it up.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Great Story

Scary and real. It could have gone many negative ways.

With my mentality I would have all ready had the papers ready to

greet her with afterwards. but then I would never make such a promise, though if I had I would have had a hard time not honoring it. Actually the best solution would have been to tell her to go out and enjoy herself and cancel the marraige rather than painting yourself into a corner. The I have never experienced another,,,,,,,,,, is a real problem for many people independent of promises. Thanks very much for taking the time to work out this happy ending!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 14 years ago
Nice story!

it was really tense there for a while. This had the juices flowing.

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Interesting but daft story.

What a stupid woman. And what a stupid man. But on the plus side it did get me thinking. As far as I am concerned if my wife ever thought of doign such a thing then I would certainly question if she really wanted to stay married to me. But as always your quirky sense of humour is in the story. So, this was a well written story and a good read.

dirtdigger1955dirtdigger1955about 14 years ago
Quite good actually

He realized what he had, and so did 'she'. Now, might I suggest dancing lessons?

H20waderH20waderabout 14 years ago
WAY TO GO!!!!

I will never get enought of your stories. this one is a 'bloodly' work of art. i am am open reader and allow the writer to lead me wherever he wants me to go. this was a lovely story. More please

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuyabout 14 years ago
Bloody well done!

You built the story and suspense quite well. I love how you left the end in doubt until the very last. Nice depth and good job with the characters.

tallguy333tallguy333about 14 years ago
Excellent

Great story well written keep up the good work

Lono404Lono404about 14 years ago
Missed the big lie

Ken never called her out on her monumental lie. The in the sight of god she took her vows and lied to god; making the marriage conditional on her desire to cheat on him. This marriage has built a house on a broken foundation. Despite Cilla giving up the idea, her love is/was conditional. There may be another chapter in this story if they ever face that lie and the damage that it did.

Loved the story as it created an emotional bond with the characters where you were rooting for them to find their way

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneabout 14 years ago
Very Good Story

Enjoyed it thoroughly. Please keep them coming

Geezer1Geezer1about 14 years ago
Very Good

I could feel his pain when I read this story. I had more trouble understanding the wife then I remembered the wedding night and how he "picked her up" earlier. She was a cheater waiting to find the right man. I like how you ended it and had her fail to carry through with the "date". I liked the way you had him set her up to see the potential consequences, however, I do wish you had addressed his potential trust issues. How did he EVER manage to trust her again knowing that she secretly wanted to sample other men? You almost need a sequel to show how he handled this natural feeling. Did she stay true to him or finally cheat, just hiding it from him? The way you had her acting on the dance floor--dancing most nights with other men and ignoring her husband--I would believe she would ultimately "slip" and if not have an affair, at least one or more one night stands. Oh, well, in any event WELL DONE. You are one of the best writers.

JennyBearJennyBearabout 14 years ago
Very good!

You had me quite worried for a while, I had heard all those stories about wimpy Brit authors. Just kidding, I could resist taking the cheap shot. Thanks for writing.

cancapercancaperabout 14 years ago
liked it

i liked it and the hell with the fire and brimstoners they have their time but it isnt this one thanks steve

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 14 years ago
Wait a second!

What about her promises to him? Surely she recalls her wedding vows, doesn't she?

ukcuckodukcuckodabout 14 years ago

To long winded, very boring

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 14 years ago
Very interesting story

This one was an emotional roller coaster. I agree with a couple of the previous comments concerning <i>her</i> wedding vows which she apparently forgot about. And the "obsession" comment is correct. Had she gone through with her plan, I don't believe the marriage would have survived. Good story.

torchthebitchtorchthebitchabout 14 years ago
Tsk Tsk Tsk.

Jason is Plato. Button is Jenson.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
Major issues NEVER actually confronted

serious plot holes and character inconstencies. Sort of what we come to expect with this author. CIILA IS LIKELY TO CHEAT ANYWAY!

Proof? 3 points.

WHY THE WIFE CAME BACK... it proves Nothing. All it proves is that Cilla has figured out that she can fuck this other guy without the husband -ken -ever knowing. In the story this super wimp ken says to her ..I would prefer that you have the affair and I never know about it...

Duh.....

She doesnt want to divorce and lose her meal ticket and good life. She just wants extra cock and NOW she has figured this out... because the answer was provide by Ken.

MARRIAGE VOWS. The wife's early religious character Does make her fixatation on His Promise believeable. but the fact that the husband or their mutal friend never brings up the Marriage vows..a far more SERIOUS promise with legal implications -- is simply NOT believeable.

THE WIFE'S LIE TO HER FRIEND... the wife lied over and over and over to her friend Anne. Cilla said that has been talking to ken about this "promise" for years on a regular basis. Yet Anne never talks to Cilla about this. Ken enver says in the mini counselling session with his wife and Anne "Cilla why have you been lying to Anne about this promnise all these years...?"

This is criticaly important becuase it shows that Cilla is NOT acting in good faith

----------------------

SUMMARY cilla is going to cheat.

thefranzthefranzabout 14 years ago
Nicely done

The promise was a neat idea to alter the usual LW fare. For me, good LW stories are always about individuals reacting to extreme emotional pressure. What they do is not as important as the consistency between character and action.

Thank you for a great yarn.

BTW: If Britease says, that she won't cheat, she won't. She's his creature after all and this is a story!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
nice tale...

no need for major introspection.Unless you';re drunk.

eliocecheteliocechetabout 14 years ago
Only a remark

Great story and very well written.

I have only a remark about the religion issue: for us catholics (I'm Italian)the disclaiming of a promise is a very very minor fault than adultery. Again compliments.

Elio Cechet

cornballcornballalmost 14 years ago
damn

You bloomin sod. You about scared me into fallin off my chair. I thot she was gone to do the dirty deed. Anyway I'll forgive you for scarin me but you have to keep writing more of the good stuff like this, Thank you my friend for all the hard work and great stories. Cheers and all that.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 14 years ago
A very good story

I think I've always liked everything you're written, and this is a good example of your work. This is the second time I've read it. I'll agree that it's hard to work up much sympathy for the wife. The only thing she has going for her is the promise her husband made before marriage, which was a really stupid thing to do but under duress people do a lot of stupid things. There are plenty of women, I'm sure, who have the same urges and the same feeling they're missing out on something because their husband is the only man, or one of a few, that they've had. And any married person who hangs around with singles is bound to experience some of those feelings of envy and regret over being restricted to a single partner because no matter how great your husband or wife is, the way we're wired hot new sex is ALWAYS more exciting that same old sex even with someone you love. If she didn't have the promise and tried to get her husband to go along with her seeing someone else, we'd have the usual Lit scenario which ends with divorce or reconciliation or cuckold-in-the-making plots. It's the promise that makes this stand out. And as others have said, Britease had the husband react in the only realistic way he could. As he said, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. He could honor his promise to forgive her, but forgiving somebody and continuing to love them are two different things. This is an important story the way some stories are because they make points that other writers will remember and which will affect future stories in the canon. Finally, it's Britease's story and if he says she won't cheat and will be happy in her marriage, you have to take him at his word. Unfortunately, the bad thing about being a good writer and painting a believable picture of a character, is that when you do that, no matter what you say, readers may have a hard time believing you. I have to side with Harry in Va on this one (I think he wrote this) in that I think that the wife you create in this story is going to have the same temptations and urges in the future. Not that she will consciously plan to cheat on hubby, because she's learned that he couldn't stand it. But, she's also learned that while she can't do it with his knowledge, if she does and he never finds out and never gets hurt, well, why not? It's the rationale used in tons of cheating stories and I think it works that way in real life as well. Britease is the author, but I'd say this holds promise for future stories if he ever felt the urge.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
DQS - re-read this story.: How does an author raises THESE sorts of issues / conflicts then NEVER resolves them ?

DAQ if you have always liked EVERYTHING that Britease has ever written then your intellecual abilities have gone way down in my view

BRITEASE is a Not as bad writer but is an AWFUL author and NO story shows this more than THE PROMISE.

to this author's credit this is a new wrinkle in the serious LW genre. BUT after raising severel CRITICAL issues in the story the author never even has them discussed much less " solved" by the end of the story.

Britease does this all the time. And if you had a Brain you would see it.

The KEY point is that the wife ONLY used the promise card as it were WHEN she was about to be caught... if the hsuabnd had not wanted to have sex with her.. she never would of said anything!!!!

the wife has STILL cheated -- she did not use to get out of jail card (the promise) because she REALLY believed or thought she had one time promise.

then You state this

".... Finally, it's Britease's story and if he says she won't cheat and will be happy in her marriage, you have to take him at his word....?

No!!!!.. Britease ending cannot possible be accepted at face value.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Good writing good story

Thanks

ginrunnerxginrunnerxabout 13 years ago
GREAT

I have to agree with BILLY it's about time that a cheating wife realizes what she is about too loose and quits before it's too late ..... Thanks, very nice

BH

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
This is a trickier story then first glance would indicate

What exactly is forgiveness? Does it simply mean that he can't throw it in her face? It's a matter of dueling expectations.

Her view would be that he would not be allowed to modify his treatment of her for performing this act. Already, he's reneged. If she slept with David and they still got a divorce, with the simple statement that he forgave her, she could very well consider his promise meaningless.

But is it really? If my son stole money from my wallet, am I obliged to continue to leave my wallet out for him to dip into? Is Ken not allowed to modify his behaviour to protect his feelings?

This is a thorny issue and could, not will, but COULD be an acid on their relationship.

Frankly, I'm with Ken on this. If she was that lovey dovey with someone else, that is NOT a one off thing. That is establishing a relationship. Unfortunately, as she self confessed, she wanted to be seduced and romanced and yes, frankly loved by someone else! She felt entitled. This is how many women feel. If it doesn't touch the heart, the game is not worth the candle.

But that is not what Ken was offering. Or at least their expectations were in conflict.

Loved this story. I made me think.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
What an unreasonable ass!

She should divorce that creep. She will get the house, children, and child support so she will do fine.

He needs spend the rest of his life knowing that he, divorced twice, is a two time loser and that he lost the love of his life because he is an unreasonable jerk.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Wow!

Where are you coming from Dwornak? I am not a throw them out type, but she has already cheated on him. At the dance she had already failed the husband test! She did not even want to leave with her husband after spending the evening romancing with David. I thought the husband was a wimp for not moving to the other bedroom after her flagrant display of no affection for her husband that entire evening. The rest of the story was iteresting and I have nothing against it, but still she had already decided "Not" to forsake all others at least once! So what wedding vows did she follow? Why is the husband at fault? Why don't you complete the story where because of a stupid promise he didn't mean...she is allowed to cheat and romatically get to know David before sharing a night fucking? Please explain to this dummy why he is wrong to not want to share his wife's love and affection with another man? I did not read where their's was an open marriage...

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
he's a pussy

a promise, he's crazy and so is she.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 12 years ago
Trust

Your happy ending would never happen. Over the time she argued for her cheating, and it is cheating, she destroyed any trust he would have in her. Once the trust is gone so goes the marriage. Everytime she went out he would wonder. It would eat away at him. He would become convinced that she was cheating. Her problem then vecomes how do you prove that you haven't done something? Impossible! Her insecurity has ruined her marriage, she should never have married in the first place. And for that I could only give **.

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
No way

I don't believe the ending! After all of the arguments about needing to try another man, after all the years of wondering what another dick would feel like you expect me to believe that she all of the sudden had a change of heart?! Give me a break ! What kind of man makes such a ridiculous promise? Why bother marrying if she wasn't sure? the ending wasn't very realistic especially since once she gets something in her head it's set in stone. It's hard to believe her giving up & also her not bringing up the stupid promise five years down the line..

katibkatibover 11 years ago
Great Story

I'm lured to the LW "genre" because of its opportunity to investigate and expand on emotions. This well-crafted story has plenty of emotion. However, the full expansion of emotions was cut off by the author when he ended the story as he did. He chose a cutsy ending --perhaps and perhaps not a realistic one -- and gave up the chance to fully reveal the emotional hurricane that can blow the currents of jealousy over a once loving couple. I'm disappointed.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
SOMETIMES THE CONSCIOUS IS A BAD GUIDE

and then the ID/EGO takes over, TK U MLJ LV NV

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Never

would I trust her again. I might stay married to her because of the achildren but there would be no sex.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Thought Provoking

I'd like to think that she wouldn't cheat on him put the groundwork was laid. Now she could do it without him suspecting.

Very good tale. Makes you think.

newjaynenewjayneover 11 years ago
A well-told, fun tale but...

There was a serious flaw! Because of her religious upbringing, she believed that a promise was something that had to be kept? Therefore, in reality, all he had to was remind her that, AFTER he'd made that promise, she'd made somewhat more substantial promise - before her God and all those at the wedding ceremony - to forsake all others. All he really had to do was remind her of that.

Wonderful entertainment though (and thank goodness they went 'upstairs' and not the 'apples & pears' - that would have been just TOO much!)

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Interesting tale. I was hoping for this ending.

BDEarthBDEarthover 11 years ago
It's not over yet!

Nice story Britease; I hope it's continued. However, she already has had the itch for more than a year, and she's talked at length about it with her friend. In real life this would not be the end because another guy will come along that she will wonder about; and maybe at that time life won't be perfect between her and her husband, and the itch will come back. Next time she won't let him know...will she get away with it or will she get caught. Could be a great Chapter Two!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 11 years ago
Great

All marriages contain a risk of cheating, don't kid your self. We give up freedom to marry, and we give up more freedom when we have kids. Blessed be the ties that bind! Sometimes they seem like chains. If nothing else, she mist have realized he really loved her, and the magnitude of the pain she was inflicting on him. And the potential loss to both of them. In the end They reaffirmed their love and commitment. Of course the temptation / risk to cheat is still there, it always was and always will be, for all of us.

Good story

Chilley

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Both

Interesting. Would like to see both endings.

Thx.

FD45FD45almost 11 years ago
Well, I'm not an Internet tough guy

So I am stuck admitting the inadmissable: in marriage, men and women are tempted to cheat. It is that simple. I would even venture to guess that it happens in every marriage; the path not taken, the 'might have been' or, in this case with Cillia the storybook romance.

The mark of character comes with what you do with that temptation. Do you pass it up, or do you indulge?

This girl had a promise. That complicates issues. I think we all agree he is a fool who was desperate to get married. I feel a touch you sympathy for her...but not too much. It is entirely possible to live life with only one cock (I am living my life that way...oh...wait...I'm a guy and it was standard equipment...)

PARTICULARLY as a religious person, particularly one who was, in her own words disgusted with some African infidelities going on by missionaries. So what happened to her values? Brit doesn't tell us that.

Herein lies the problem. She was engaging...desperate to engage in an emotional affair with some other man to prove her 'sexual' worth. This...gnaws. It will erode at their marriage unless she strongly reinforces her boundaries.

No husband can compete with the romantic 'new cock smell' and I don't think this idiot realizes this. This isn't a 'happy ending'. This is most likely a detente.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 11 years ago
Nice story

People who like this story might be interested in Using a 27 year Old Free Card by Slirpuff.

OverthefallsOverthefallsalmost 11 years ago
Pretty sure people will let you know

What they think. Personally I thought that it was well done. Well written dialogue (except for a few British mistakes with the Queen's English) that seemed very true to life. The only problem I had was when you pointed out that she came from a very religious background. How was she reconciling his promise to her versus her wedding vows which I'm sure included something about "forsaking all others"? An argument based on those vows should have over ridden his promise. In making that argument, Hubby should have mentioned telling her family about her behavior. And I do believe, had she gone through with her affair, that he would have divorced her. Have you ever considered writing the same story with a different ending? Or do you know of another author that picked up your baton and ran in a different direction?

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Distrust

Not one to distrust a wife that hasn't actually physically cheated, but I this case there is no way I could have stayed married to her. At least not without some serious counseling. She has felt the need to step out for a year? That doesn't go away in a single night because of an epiphany. She has some serious issues to work out. Yes he made that promise all of those years ago, so he was partly at fault. But the fact that she could look at her marriage and her life, and want to cash that chit in knowing what it would do to her marriage raises some serious questions about her commitment. What happens when she meets another guy that she finds attractive enough to sleep with. The next time she may not have that much guilt about it. Maybe the guilt would drive her to do it behind hubbies back. The desire is still there for her. I would have some serious issues trusting her again.

Another thing. Why is it that the ladies in these stories always feel the need to cheat just because they were virgins when they met their husbands? If your husband is satisfying you, why is there a need to see if someone else can satisfy you more? If a guy were to tell his wife that he needed to get some strange because he wasn't that experienced before he met her, and he needed to see if there was something better out there, she would call him a dog and have every woman on the planet saying that she should leave him and take half.

JackallsJackallsover 10 years ago
Well done!

Great story.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 10 years ago
Keep coming back to this story

Read this several times, want to shake her every time.

Well written.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WHEN SOMETHING IS THOUGHT OF

could it ever be forgotten and put away. TK U MLJ LV NV

9pool9poolalmost 10 years ago
Gave it 5 Stars

Because it was so gripping. But I have to agree with the other commenters. This is not a happy ending. Their relationship problems have not been addressed. The trust issue will always be there, as will the issue that she only married him because of a promise intended to ease her concerns. Her obsession is not healthy and not likely to resolve itself without some attempt at satisfaction and she has clung desperately to his promise in an effort to justify her behavior. That's not an epiphany she will suddenly arrive at on her own. Perhaps years later she may see it in hindsight, but even that is not likely.

So this story could have been better. It should have either finished as a "consequences" tale or had them get together and address the elephant in the room. I suspect you avoided this because you did not know how to address it without killing the marriage and for that reason I probably should not be giving you 5 stars, but I did.

DepopuloDepopuloalmost 10 years ago

self cuck and anything thats self cuck is 1-5.... oh and you good sir author are a usless fuckwit

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@Depopulo

How in the world is this self cuck?

He fought as hard as he could, I think it was obvious he wasn't going to stay if she did do it.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Finally A LW Wife Who Gets It!

So many of these moronic wives have no idea that any normal man is NOT going to accept his wife fucking another man, "Get Out Of Jail Free Card" or not.

IGotYurWifeIGotYurWifealmost 10 years ago
Stressful read - palpable tension

Great read. Once again you got me infuriated and anxious. I felt his angst, regret and sense of impending marital loss. Took me right to the edge and then pulled me back.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Best of the lot, plot-wise

Cilla was right. Anne really was on his side! :o)

looking4itlooking4itover 9 years ago

Two things, I honestly believe she did it and Friday night was a "brilliant" way to throw him off. Just saying, the way you set her up as this self centered single minded slut-to-be, I dint see her giving up. Regardless, I don't think either of them realize right now what this has done to their relationship.

Second thought (argument?): I assume at the wedding SHE made a promise to him in front of friends and family. So, as a person who is so fundamentally committed to keeping promises, which is most important...the secret promise he made to her or the public promise she made to him...

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
I think she did it , too.

She spent too much time planning all of it. For years she had been mentioning it to her friend. She kept it from her husband because she knew he wouldn't like it, promise or not. It was all just an elaborate plan and she pulled it off brilliantly. But she is such a stupid cow that at sometime she will throw it in his face, how she did it and it didn't change anything. But it already had. After all the drama that she put him through and the stubborn disregard for his feelings, she had already killed the foundation of their marriage and all it was going to take was one little snipe that she had already proven she was capable of hitting him with. And what about doing the deed with someone she works with. Everyone she works with will know what she has done and of course when asked about it by the "girls" at work she will bleat loudly about the promise and every time they go to a work function he will be the laughing stock of the party. And of course, the man she "experiences" will think her husband is a wimp and smirk and make remarks so he'll have that to contend with. Divorce is in their future and it is going to be a bloody mess, maybe literally. He would have saved a lot of trouble and heart ache if he would have just let the self-centered bitch go before the wedding. Then he could have gotten with Anne who would have stayed true to him and wifey could have fucked her brains out getting to "feel" another man.

Well written, but I hope the author doesn't really know any people like these. Would be sad, stupid people are not fun to be around.

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
story

something that seems to be forgotten here is that she went into the marriage with the idea that she had one chance for fling. so if he wouldn't have made that promise would she still have married him? seems she forgot that fact in her thinking

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
Made Me Think!

Boy, did this story make me think. I think this guy brought it all on himself. If a girl dBoy, did this story make me think. I think this guy brought it all on himself. If a girl doesn't want to marry you, so be it, move on. When you have to talk a girl into marrying you with promises of a 'get out of jail' card, you are not going to have much of a marriage. He should have just moved on and let her get all the experience she wanted-without him.

When she brought up the promise, years later, he should have said, OK, I forgive you but it's time to say good bye. He had the right idea, but it just came to late.

I also think that she had already cheated on him, she had too much time invested in her plans to just drop them. The Friday night cancelled date was part of her scheme to get away with it.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
loved it

very nicely done. like a guy that's only had one woman. I really liked this story, the mechanics worked well. a wife gives you a get out of jail free card, you tell her and see the hurt, what do you do? she made the right choice, but darn sure took her a long time to see the hurt she was causing.

carvohicarvohiabout 8 years ago
Am I feeling a sense of chagrin...

I guess that's the right word. I thought I'd read all BT's stories; then this popped up on the random section. I checked it and realized I missed it. Jeepers, am I glad I got to read it.

Two things I especially liked:

Cilla bailed on the infidelity at the end. I admit she had me going. I thought for sure this marriage was in the toilet.

Second, I do enjoy the idiosyncrasies of every day language in England. Lately I've been watching Doc Martin, and I find it a very warm series. I like that word - arse.

Thanks for a good one. Sorry for the late comment.

Jedd Clampett

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
You Know

Despite her deciding not to go through with the deed, it seems there's going to be a lot of dialogue between them in the near future. Luckily this is fiction, because that conversation will never take place.

Just me being nuts.

telboy17telboy17almost 8 years ago
Great Story - Careful what you wish for/promise.

You can't blame her - She wanted him to honour his promise. Great twist when he said he would honour it by forgiving her but not necessarily be able to stay in love with her.

In her favour she realised herself that she couldn't go through with it. Her own love for him trumped her desire for another man.

DrKenStoneDrKenStonealmost 8 years ago
Consequences - His wife is a child acting childish

Having sex with someone other than her husband is part of a greater sin. The sin of betrayal includes, forcing him to make the promise in the first place, marrying him while holding out hope of a sexual encounter with another, lusting after others and lastly tormenting her poor husband. He would be better off with someone that was in love with him not this mentally unbalance child he married.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Didn't really care for the stupid bitch

Or how wimpy the cuckold husband was behaving.

He should have played her stupid game and left her to her own devices while he went out screwing around on her and see how much she liked it then.

Or exposed her stupid ass to all their family and friends to explain why the divorce was occurring and to show the courts proof of her neglect and cruelty towards her family.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 7 years ago
Don't

write cheques you don't want cashed, especially post dated ones. TK

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
Overly long

Good story. Realistic. Good character. The problem I had was with the flashback to how they met and leading up to their marriage. It wasn't necessary and it took away from the narrative flow,and the drama of her asking him to keep the promise.

VenustasVenustasalmost 7 years ago
Church Vow Trumps

Cilla had religious beliefs and given the mention of bridesmaids it would have been a church wedding. Now a church wedding ceremony includes vows made before God, which include 'forsake all others'.

Surely for a religious person, a church vow would trump a prior ordinary promise! Therefore the promise is null and void. In any case the promise was to 'forgive one slip-up'; there was nothing about forgiving a planned extracurricular copulation.

There has been speculation in previous comments as to Cilla having already done the deed. I would say given Cilla's aversion to lying and cheating, I conclude she hasn't.

1WiseSage1WiseSageover 6 years ago
Who Broke Their Vows???

The husband did!!! He cheated his wife!! He promised her one free fuck after she married him. That was part and parcel of his marriage vows. If he was ANY kind of man, he would have stood behind his promise. But clearly, he is nothing other than a liar, a cheat and a back-stabber. Rot in hell you low-life, piece of shit!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Damnit, you had me spitting nails to the end! LOL Excellent ending!

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
Mostly like your stuff...

This was well written (as usual) and had me at the end of my chair but sorry I didn't like the ending. Not that there was anything wrong with it.

For me, the trust was broken the minute she brought it up. I guess I'm impulsive. Wouldn't matter how long we'd been married. On reflection, MAYBE I could have dealt with it the early part of our marriage but certainly not after kids and all those yrs. I do understand her dilemma but also understand his. Gotta man up and keep your promise. I would have...did with my ex...to forgive. To me that means I would let her live. No way to forget. And as he said he didn't promise to love her afterwards and I think that is a valid argument. I'm sure many of you would see that differently. IDC. It would have been over for me. Sickness health forsake etc. it appears he kept his vows...and his promise. She chose, at the end to keep hers but as far as I can see she broke the trust. It will build even more as life goes on and eventually she will cheat...and in a sense I don't blame her but again a promise is a promise. It is her choice to keep or break those vows and I believe it will happen and maybe even once just so she can see and I'm sure compare.....which would be inevitable.

In a relationship, once you start to fuk each other things do change. No matter how well she hides it he will know she cheated and it will change their relationship for the worst. She also said "Once". to fuk another man. In this scenario she wants to wine and dine and be romantic. That was not part of the deal. It appears to me that she wanted to have an affair, not just a quick fuk to see what it was like. Be wined and dined etc. It could very well be that she would want to keep a lover and not just stop after she found out what it was like to be with another man. Anyway I look at it that is what I see. Ok..I promised but didn't promise afterwards. For Give? Well I mentioned that above. After all those years and children then this...I would have ended it. Who can define forgive? Forgetting would be out of the question. Once the bell rings it cannot ever un-ring.. It would hurt too much and I wouldn't be able to live with her under those conditions. Never trust her again. I know from personal experience that no matter the past you can start over... It's going to hurt but it can be done. With me it took about 5 yrs before I could get close again. Being numb for 5 yrs is not pleasant but I did thaw and have some one in my life again and I’m happy.

Obviously you done good Brit. Your story got to me and that’s is the point isn't it? Art is to affect. You accomplished your goal..at least I think that was your goal. In any case 5*s.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
Another thought

Possibly they could have had a 3 way thing. That maybe would satisfy the promise and they would not have to split up...?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Page 2

She gave you the free pass. You are out. Run away, run away you dumb ass!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
and

now you made kids with her. Damn. You are so fucked now.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
page 2

I could have done it then. I can't do it now. You and I are through. Feel free to fuck the whole navy. I'm out.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Well I guess his patience paid off

Doubt I'd ever feel the same about her. Probably just fuck her till the kids moved out.

Pappy7Pappy7over 6 years ago
It was never said that he gave her a "free fuck"

card, he just said he would forgive her. He already told her during her totally stupid rant that he would forgive her but that it would change their relationship and that he didn't know if he could love her or even live with her afterwards. I also think Anne would have been a better choice for him, hell anyone would have been better than that stupid cow. Someone as obstinate as she was would not have given up, ever and when the selfish pig got her free dick, she would have felt entitled to another and then another, ad nauseum. Moral of the story is: if you have to promise your fiancé she can screw someone else, sometime in the future, don't marry her. If she freaks out that badly, run Forrest, run.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 6 years ago
No way

If my husband even just mentioned the idea, my bags would be packed and I'd be gone!

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
I've only had one cock in my life

But it's my own, lol. The virgin thing is a ridiculous premise...people must be so caught up in themselves. I guess life is pretty good when you start only having to worry about stuff like that. There are many criticizable things, but I'll just point out that to be over an obsession without going through with it is pretty good. Honestly, the author writes all the males like they're a touch mad from mercury or lead poisoning...sort of excessively neurotic, the annoying kind.

And what I really wanted to say is that this story is nothing but a reason to go on about how much tea means to "the British."

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Should

have walked away the night before the wedding.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Yet another utterly stupid character

Britease's women characters are so utterly stupid that makes me wonder about his experiences with women since I know British women are not so stupid as these. Is this a serious misogyny or just really bad experiences?

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
SOMETIMES IT RHYME OVER REASON,,,VERY STUPID

but if reason can make the correct decision....win win,,,TK U MLJ LV NV

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
A well-told story.

It wound me up good. And I do like a happy ending.

Silly, silly woman...

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 5 years ago
But she already had had her fling!

"her mother totally unaware that her daughter had spent half the night practicing for the honeymoon"

She didn't spend the night before her wedding with Ken. She (and probably Anne) went out on the prowel and got laid, probably more than once.

But in any case, how did Ken learn "her mother totally unaware that her daughter had spent half the night practicing for the honeymoon"??? Not in the story.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Why would I want to punish her?

He is the stupid guy he made the promise why did he have all that drink is he an alcoholic

I quit drinking like that except for once or twice a year when I am not paying attention due to circumstances game playoffs or similar and it doesn't happen every year

No sorry for him

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

4 excruciating pages to come to the reliable fag cuck shit from Bitchtease.

OPrimeOPrimeover 4 years ago
Oh not so fast out the door Cilla

"Before you leave dear Cilla I need you to sigh these divorce papers."

"But you said I could do this and you would forgive me."

"I did and I will. I am not sure I will be able to do it before the divorce becomes final. We will just have to wait and see."

"But..."

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow

The reason her personality changed was because She did have Sex with another guy .. Then She plays her husband like a Violin .. Sadly He believes in her and still loves her ..

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Enjoyed

I really enjoyed your story, but I can't believe a man would make that promise. I wouldn't want a wife wouldn't want a wife who asked for it. Good story all the same.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Second reading still dumb ass to make that promise

If she won't go through with it with promise

No big loss

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60about 4 years ago

When she said that she couldn't go through with the wedding... He should have believed that. She was not really sure if she wanted to get married, so... DON'T. That was a huge mistake right there. Making a crazy, insane promise was mistake #2. Believing that all was well in the marriage at the end...GIANT MISTAKE#3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I couldn't continue with this trash

The whole marriage is based upon that promise that she has a get-out-of-jail-free card? The whole marriage? So her kids her family all of that is secondary to getting some strange dick in her vagina? I'm sorry but it's a ridiculous premise. Further as soon as she said that any man with half a sack would be out the door because she's batshit crazy

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 4 years ago
You got me!

I didn’t expect a happy ending to the story. I kept wondering which “promise” was the most Important to her. The promise to let her sample another man or her wedding vow in church. I do enjoy a Feel Good story. Thanks for sharing.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 4 years ago
Nice.

Right to the edge of the cliff and then.... 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice! 5*

I’m a fan of happy endings. She realized her mistake in time.

I got the London slang. I spent a few years working for one of the central London boroughs and enjoyed my time there. Even though I live in San Francisco now I still remember my time in London fondly and go back there to visit quite often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
All of the prenup hall pass stories have the same problem

Confronted prior to a wedding with "the fiancee who has cold feet because she needs to fuck around", any normal man would say "Adios! Glad you told me you aren't committed to the marriage before we were legally entangled and, worse, there were children." No amount of skillful writing can overcome this fundamental problem. The husband isn't written as a cuck, so it's entirely implausible that he would have made such an idiotic promise. Second, Cilla can hardly insist that he keep his "promise". She promised to marry him, and then essentially broke that promise, which was the set up for coercing the ridiculous hall pass. Another problem that shows up in many of these stories is that the husband is written to say that he wished she had done it and not told him. I don't know any men like that who actually care about their wives and marriages. In real life, I'd be very skeptical about her change of heart. I'd suspect that she realized that she'd pay a high price if she overtly went out to get fucked, so she'd decided that she'd bide her time and do it some time when she was sure she wouldn't be caught. I gave this a 3 for the technically good writing despite the deplorable plotting.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
so if he did the same thing

everyone that gave this a 5 would do the same thing....BULLSHIT! Everyone would be saying he's a bastard, he's a fucking cheating asshole. Take him to the cleaners.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous