All Comments on 'How to Write for Literotica'

by Bakeboss

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
shandalshandalabout 14 years ago
it also helps to have an interesting back story and good characters

One of the things I personally dislike is when someone posts a story that is just plain sex without any type of back story or believable situations and characters.

I love the writers who take the time to build up to the erotica, so that when you get there you have bought into it, and it really means something as you like, (or dislike) those participating.

Build up is like sexual teasing and foreplay. The anticipation is great, and when the pay off comes it is a lovely release.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Sound advice, plus

Consider the simple trick that many authors use: Using the first person so that the protagonist's experiences, if articulated correctly, become those of the audience. And there is nothing better than being made to feel that you are there rather than sitting back on the couch, watching porn actors go through the motions and moans. Awful stuff!

Building up the event is always advisable (previous note) but it is important to know when to quit "stimulating" and get into copulating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Write About What You Know

This auther sucks dicks, thats what he knows and should stick with, gay.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
what a joke

what a complete joke . . literotica doesnt give a shit how crappy something is . . I have seen far to many stories with atrocious spelling and grammar . . and if it is a writer like samuelx with his cut and past blatantly racist crap . . literotica seems to lap it up . . about the only thing literotica DOES stick to is no stories allowed with any sexuality by characters under the age of 18 . . which is a huge joke considering in mexico the legal age is 13 if I remember correctly . . in spain it is 12 if I remember correctly . . in germany it is 14 (unless the person is in a position of authority over the minor . . and in the islamic countries while any sex with anyone out side of marriage is illegal . . there is NO age limit on the age for marriage . . I have a copiy of a newspaper article about an 8 yr old girl who filed for divorce and got it , , because not only did her husband rightfully expect to have sex with his legally married spouse . . he was also beating her . . . . . . . . literotica needs to get it's head out of it's collective ass . . and you need to stop wasting electronic ink by writing idiotic articles like this

abroadswordabroadswordabout 14 years ago
Good Advice but

I had a few stories rejected initially by Literotica because I use English (UK) spelling and not a Merican english, also they seem to be very fussy that the "Quotes" include the punctuation and periods not like I was taught that the punctuation comes after the quotation marks as I was taught.

Otherwise masses of boring background finds me fast forwarding, yet I get criticism not so much on here but on BDSM Library, but my stories are too skeletal for many people.

The rewrite a story idea is good, but if that's your scene maybe you should become an editor.

I did one for a Japanese writer once he seemed pretty pleased when I sent it backbut it was so much work that it became a chore, so I only did one.

The story quality has definatey gone down recently.

Final thought when I dry for ideas on one story I move to another some I complete and submit others I abandon but then maybe six months later I come back to them and edit them and maybe complete them, sometimes shorten one and submit as part one and see if people like it. There's nothing worse than a story which gets no feedback.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I think it depends

On who is reading and approving your submission for posting. I've read some stories which wouldn't pass a 5th Grade English standard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

It's insulting and oxymoronic for you, the champion of shitty 800 word stories, to dare write How To Write For Literotica. I dare say this story should have been posted in the Humor Category because it's funny.

Were you serious when you wrote this or is this a joke? Or don't you really care what the Hell it is you write, so long as you score a point in the Survivor Contest and win your lousy $500.

Why bother?

You insult those writers who take pride in what they write. Certainly, we don't need someone like you to tell us how to write for Literotica. We just have to read what you write to know how not to write for Literotica.

If anything, you could take a lesson from any one of several hundred writers here, those who don't write crappy little stories, just for the sake of winning the Survivor Contest.

Have you no shame? Don't you take any pride in what you write?

Tell me, what do you get out of this? Does anyone seriously read what you write? You've been writing stories here for 3 years and you've yet to learn anything. If anything, you're getting worse instead of better.

Have you written any story that has a plot and character development?

The fact that you're a woman masquerading as a man fools no one, Erin, sorry, I mean, Bakeboss.

BOSTONFICTIONWRITERBOSTONFICTIONWRITERabout 14 years ago

I loved this story. I've learned so much from this 850 word How To story. Now, finally, I'll know who to write a story for Literotica.

Boy, I was wrong about you, Bakeboss. All this time, I thought you wrote little shitty stories and that you were a shitty writer. You have proven me wrong with this story.

Pardon me, but I must read this again and again and commit it to memory. I printed it out and have it posted beside my keyboard.

I only wish I had this story before. Definitely, I'd be a much better writer with the help of this great How To story.

Thanks for this story, Bakeboss. You are, by far, the best writer on this site, in the whole wide world, even.

YoursSINSerelyYoursSINSerelyabout 14 years ago
Not very Helpful

This wasn't very helpful to me. Too bad I wasted my time reading it. If you think sex is just in and out motions, that must explain all of your other stories being so blah. Try Shift F7 for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Are you kidding? Or just what are you on now?

From a writer who has one "H" in over 200 tries - Are you really encouraging others to be as good as you could be?<P.

You could be more than you choose to be so you have no credibility or reader respect. Were you to change more toward some of life's realities instead of the assinine without a brain copies of crap perhaps you would feel better about yourself and us you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

You and samuelxxx should have co-written this little ditty, you have the same amount of talent, ooooo. What a waste of space you are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
I honestly think some of you commenters miss the point...

Yes, it's great when other people like what you write. But there's so much fun to be had from having a go at writing a story yourself, regardless of how it turns out - and I think that's what the author's trying to say.

Is this the most informative essay ever written about how to write a story for Literotica? Er, no. Of course not. :-) But if you take it as a, "hey, why don't you have a go?" piece, it does the job very well indeed.

reneemyreneereneemyreneealmost 14 years ago
!WoW!

I gleaned some useful information from this article. Thank you.

estragonestragonabout 13 years ago
Elementary

but useful to encourage a beginner.

susurrussusurrusabout 13 years ago
I find it interesting

that - as usual - the great majority of the negative feedback on this article was written by the ever prolific, ever opinionated Anonymous.

Whatever your opinion on any part of the author's other output, the infomration here is sound. I've read many an article over the years on the technical aspects of creative writing, and they all read pretty much the same as the information contained here.

sexlover_94sexlover_94over 10 years ago
helped a lot

Thanks. It helped a lot. i have written a couple of stories so far, but they didn't go so well. I think this will help me make it better.

thanks again.

xusarxusarover 7 years ago
real amature true stories

Why don't you have a section for true stories? I would like to think that their are a lot of people with a real experience story to tell. We do and would likecto see a section of nothing but true stories.

Jonathanmartin322Jonathanmartin322over 6 years ago

Going to take your advice and give it a try.

AngusStewartAngusStewartabout 5 years ago
New here and appreciate the tips

Thanks for posting this article. I appreciate the tips and will keep them in mind as I begin the journey.

ETobserverETobserverabout 2 years ago

good tips BUT my story was REJECTED by some rookie editor talking about not enough punctuation - WTF?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous