All Comments on 'I'm a Queer? The Doctor Forgot to Tell Me'

by nofaceinthemirror

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
vrosej10vrosej10about 14 years ago
Sing it Sister!

I am feeling ya. There are freaker things than being gay. Fuck the man and fuck your parents.

nz_marienz_marieabout 14 years ago
God is not a bigot, only humans are capable of that

I am not a churchy person but I do believe in a creator and that he loves all his creations, people, animals, plants. And he does not care what color you are or your sexual preference. Be yourself and love whomever you wish to, we are not here for very long so there is no point is wasting your precious time pretending to be something you are not and being miserable. Your parents, who seem to have chosen a future of bitterness and hatred rather than see their daughter happy and in a loving relationship just because of their small mindedness. All I can say is I pity them.

William smythWilliam smythabout 14 years ago
Deeply Personal

I do not feel competent to comment on such a deeply personal message as that contained in this poem.

One can only hope that the author is able to overcome the bigotry she faces.

Myhands316Myhands316almost 14 years ago
Judge not the Master.

Sweetheart, Judge not the Master; for the contempt of her creations. Your mind and body have suffered, this is true... What is important is the purity of the soul that comes shining through... You are love, and it showes, glowing bright enought to illuminate all those you've touched...

Only for you T.

Maria2394Maria2394about 13 years ago
just be you

and treat people the way you wish to be treated and you have to answer to none but yourself. never apologize for being you and as far as God goes, I personally believe that God made no mistakes and He meant for us to be who we are, as we are, as long as we hurt no one. :)

~ maria

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
If you are what you are

Enjoy it. Your feelings will tell you that you do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
*****

Five.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
So what?

I couldn't tell you what to do, because I don't believe people have the right to tell others what to do, except to preserve them from harm. I'm the wrong sex, so I can't offer advice or insight... I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through, so there's no common frame of reference to commiserate.

I can only offer compassion for one soul recognizing pain in another. I can only say and believe with all my heart that the cynicism and misanthropy I am prey to are just paranoid defenses, & I'd rather be wrong, have misjudged the world. I'd rather hope that things get better for you and your family overcomes their confusion, fear of the unknown and bigotry. I hope you get a happily ever after with someone who's a great friend and a great lover.

JT_ThatchJT_Thatchalmost 9 years ago
Wow.

This poem is fucking unreal. You're deeply talented. I also love the supportive comments here. And I happen to agree with the overall census: do not blame the master. You are as God intended.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous