All Comments on 'Storms Never Last Ch. 04'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 14 years ago
I'm breathless

Jake, for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I was in the process of reading the three chapters of "Storms Never Last" for maybe the third time, when up pops this Chapter 4 today. Talk about coincidences! <p> <p> <p> As I've said many times before, you are the best. This just proves it again. Thanks.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
A good story is like an old friend.

It makes you really happy to see them again and, once your time together has ended, there may be a touch of sadness mixed in with the fond memories that linger on, but always there is gratitude in your heart for having known that friend.

Jake, it was a really good story, capable of evoking many different emotions from the reader's consciousness. As I have said elsewhere, I'm never disappointed with one of your stories. I do thank you for sharing another fine effort with us.

lochtonlochtonalmost 14 years ago
Great Story!

I really enjoyed the story - can't wait for "Death Rides The Range" !

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
CRAP!

CRAP!!

auhunter04auhunter04about 13 years ago
dont ya love it

some joker says crap but dont have the guts to sign his name,,and if it was crap why did he read it to the end...Damn people are strange. If'n he dont have the guts to sign it why should you or anyone else give a rip about what he says

AAAnyway, I enjoyed the story, and being raised on a small horse ranch close to a college which became a university in Arizona, we had ranch kids galore, including the home of the Rodeo Team for said school. Now I cannot fault anything you said in your story. Technically accurate.

I liked the grief part from losing his wife at least twice... once to drugs and dragging her back from that abyss to only loose her in another way.

The dumb ass remark"you know who the father is?" fits to a t, I know for me and many another man will agree we have all done something stupid like that..I ducked flying pottery.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Nice

Very smooth story. Easy going and real. I like the references to Zane Grey without mentioning his name. He had a cabin under the Mogollon Rim, or Tonto Rim he called it in his stories. Just above his cabin, on top of the rim and down to the Verde river was held the last indian war in the Country between the Apaches and U.S. I lived just North of there in Flagstaff in the 70s. There was a lot of Western history in that area. Apaches, Navajos, Paiutes, Utes, and Hopis to the North, Pimas and many other desert tribes to the South. Billy the Kid Country to the East.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Well Ok then

This was a bit different - it shifted around a lot - both emotionally and geographically and in it's perspective -

A bunch of characters with lot's of change and growth and confusion -

Acey was a fascinating character - she had depth and strength and character far beyond her years and seemed very strange and even aloof but yet committed and awesome - probably the best man at her wedding and the most desirable woman too -

Great execution of a convoluted tale -

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
another good one

Once again, a great story..... a lot of good philosophy of life.... thanks...... Ontos

ukdukeukdukeover 6 years ago
Excellent.

Thoroughly enjoyed the story.

Thank you.

RGRollRGRollover 3 years ago
Second Western

Bring it on!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Still waiting for "Death Rides the Range"

It's a long time in the works

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

God, but you are GOOD!

So many of the writers here, and I applaud their effort, just don't seem to get beyond the cookie cutter Stereotype tropes. They are in such a hurry to shear sex on the pages that the story itself is just a cheap vehicle, to bring it on state. These writers should read people like you, Todd, Saddletramp, and others, who use creative Imagination to weave Page Turner stories such as this one. Quite a few appear to have the talent to write but not, it seems, the ceeativity to weave an entrancing story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous