All Comments on 'The Trail West Ch. 05'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Enjoying it

Kind of a predictable story, because it has been written so many times. The young men turn out to be a lot smarter, tougher and faster with a gun than expected. The women they meet are always pretty and available, so love blossoms. The Father/ranch owner is having troubles with rustlers, etc, etc.

If this sounds like criticism, it is not. I am enjoying the story and look forward to each chapter. I even hope it has a happy ending, although no doubt you are going to throw some problems into the mix, just to keep it interesting.

Why do I think that the rustlers have something to do with John Larson? It might have been good narrative to have some conversation with Daniel about his neighboring ranchers and his relationship with them. In those times and even now, adjoining ranches knew each other very well.

john1946john1946almost 14 years ago
Better and better

The story gets better with every chapter. It's fun to read about everyday things and then a bit of excitement leading into the next chapter. Look forward to more.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 14 years ago
Damn, this is good. Haven't scored or voted I was so busy looking for the next chapter

Checking for the next saga since the end of chapter one. This tale has me with pleasant thoughts all day long and thats saying a lot since November of 09. Can't stand a man with no sand and that boy' got none. Enjoy the hell outa yer tale WMO. Keep it coming. yep. A 5 star story. Mebee it'l get ta Hill Country, Texas son, Texas. Long live Longnecks an Lone Star Beer!

keep yer cinch tight

x

AzPilotAzPilotalmost 14 years ago
Still excellent.

Your story not only has a background in some of your family, you've proved you know something about horses in real life, too. Made it even better for me- not 100% fiction or fantasy.

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 14 years ago
a very good western novel

indeed... the slow-paced story goes with with the slow-paced life style of that era, a time and a place in time, really, from our perspective... where if you sit outside your porch in the dark of night --- being so isolated as these folks were --- you could see majestic starry skies because there's hardly any pollution, man made or otherwise...

bruce22bruce22almost 14 years ago
Nice smooth and easy to apreciate tale

It is a nice fantasy that brings pleasure to us. Thanks!

DeckviewDeckviewalmost 14 years ago
Good pleasant read..

Enjoyed the pace of this chapter!

kennyboy25kennyboy25about 11 years ago

You have a gift. I grew up reading Zane grey and Louis l'amour. This series is a very enjoyable read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Outstanding story.

I do enjoy the people , places and times you write about. Good detail and a view into life of hard times as well as people living out a life full of adventure. Please write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Story

Good Story,but short on facts 640 acres is nothing with 7 ponds and creeks there would be only about 10 acres for grazing. Read a little L' Amour to get the feel for facts!

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
good yarn

but the rustling, even happening while Red is there working, without response is out of character. It makes Daniel appear pretty darn weak as a rancher. No mention of brands?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Geeeezus! This is good stuff!

I'm enjoying the hell outta this story,

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Highly enjoyable!

Nice work. TY

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Larson is stealing the cattle.

Terrific story!

Wildwood55Wildwood55almost 2 years ago

Got a funny feeling about a connection between the ass hat brother-in-law, Larsen, and the cattle rustlin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loving the story but let’s not forget that the Maguires and others settled on land violently stolen from Mexico and the Indians. So thanks hey are basically thieves in themselves.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2294 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories