All Comments on 'Six Characters in Search of Erotica'

by glynndah

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
litfan10litfan10almost 14 years ago
Too cute for words

I cannot help grinning; this is so CUTE! It is hysterical how you worked so many little truisms into this without bogging anything down. Thank God you remembered your password. This was quite the kiss from the Good Witch!

D_K_MoonD_K_Moonalmost 14 years ago
Author, author

You have the knack of writing characters that are just a bit off plumb, and you've done it again here. A delightful little tale that had me chuckling from start to finish. Well done and good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
No Pirandello acknowldgement?

You acknowledge Ravenfox in your intro, but fail to give credit to Luigi Pirandello who wrote "Six Characters in Search of an Author" way back in 1921!

You could at least pay a slight homage to the original. It might also have helped if you read the play to see how he moved things forward. The premise is a difficult one to pull off successfully.

glynndahglynndahalmost 14 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous...

I read Pirandello way back in high school. All I really remember is the title, a group of bewildered characters wandering around a blank set and a bunch of dialogue that was quite confusing for the most part. So you see my story's nothing like...

Oh.

Never mind.

mynameisbenmynameisbenalmost 14 years ago

I liked it. The story is light and fluffy, with just the right amount of lacy little underthings to come off and fall seductively to the floor. There's no need to bog this story down with descriptive scenery, for the fun lies solely in the characters. The letch, the cougar, the young stud...there's a mirror for everyone who has ever taken a shot at writing to look into and laugh.

It takes a special kind of magic to charm one six times over in so short a piece, and the good witch certainly has it. She has it in spades.

driphoneydriphoneyalmost 14 years ago
A Wave of the Story Wand, and the Good Witch Does It Again!

Fun story, and fully deserving of the FIVE I'm going to give it. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A Fairy-godmother's bubble of pleasure

Hilarious. And funny too.

Not NormalNot Normalalmost 14 years ago
Hehehe

Funny stuff Witchy.

VikariusVikariusalmost 14 years ago
Regular porn is tedious

This story has humor. Regular porn (excuse me, "erotica") is tedious, and the comedy really helps the sexy bits be sexy, because there's nobody taking themselves too seriously. Thumbs up!

HB1965HB1965almost 14 years ago
Clever and inovative

glynndah's writing has style and a marvelously wicked sense of humor. I enjoyed this tale from start to finish. I look forward to more of her tales.

gravyruggravyrugalmost 14 years ago
Nicely done

I chuckled.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Reluctant to vote in case you're one of andtheend's alts.

But it was so good I had to. Almost , almost excellent. Pleeeease don't be one of those alts. completely throwing lit into confusion and dishonesty...

Tio_NarratoreTio_Narratorealmost 14 years ago

Nice idea, Witchy, and very nicely written, but I felt the ending came a bit to quickly. I would have liked to read the characters continue about the author and how it related to what they would do.

theravenfoxtheravenfoxalmost 14 years ago
You're So Much Fun

I have 5 bombed you, m'lady and if I had an alt or two, I'd set them on you as well. No last place trophy for this bit of erotic humor!

You entertained me and I thank you for making the Nude Day contest fun again.

Now, where did Dirk get to???? :D

michchick98michchick98almost 14 years ago
Fun read!

I must say, I think this is the first story of yours I've read, but I loved it. Well done. Good luck in the contest.

annanovaannanovaalmost 14 years ago
I read the original too...

this was a perfect twist on it, setting it marvelously well into the world of erotica. I just hope I don't think, "It's so much better when you're quiet," when I'm with my man tonight. ;)

DG HearDG Hearalmost 14 years ago
Fun Read!

It was a fun read Witchy, A little humor never hurt anyone. Good luxk in the contest.

DG

JaymalJaymalalmost 14 years ago
Fun and Salutary

How to have fun with erotica cliches - I'll be terrified next time I write of falling into one of the pits you've exposed here, glynndah. Great dialogue, fresh and funny. Pirandello would be proud. Probably.

littleblackdress50littleblackdress50almost 14 years ago
I don't wanna be Myrtle either!

Fun and funny. I just had to 5 bomb you. Really great story!

easyridr101easyridr101over 13 years ago
The looking glass lampoon

Point well taken - all porn and most erotica is commedia del arte redux: a bunch of stock characters who rattle around within the cramped space of the erotic vocabulary until the energy is used up -- orgasms all round -- followed by falling back in a lifeless heap. But the other side of this little charade is the writer, who sees his/her audience as the same crowd that inhabits these little immorality plays. We look at each other through the two-way mirror of the page and see ourselves staring at ourselves.

All this ponderousness aside, your jibes are spot on, hitting their targets close to their hollow center.

curl4evercurl4everabout 9 years ago
Beautiful!

Brilliantly funny! Definitely something to bookmark for inspiration. Extremely humorous interactions and stock characters who know not to take themselves seriously. THANKS for the great start to the day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hilarious!

I just love this, but you forgot to mention 9 1/2 inch dicks or 36DD boobs. ;)

Handley_PageHandley_Pageover 8 years ago
very Pirandello

Magic, Lady.

Encore. . . . .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous