All Comments on 'Johnny Comes Marching Home'

by Web_Spinner

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
john1946john1946over 13 years ago
Love it

Another fun story with a happy ending. I could read these all day

mwb73mwb73over 13 years ago
great story

another great well written story, please keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Another hit out of the park. Keep up the good work!

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 13 years ago
POSITIVELY OUTSTANDING

I guess I am just a sucker for this kind of story but it was riviting. I couldn't quit reading it even though I was pretty sure where it would end up as soon as I started. MORE PLEASE. No, I am not another Anonymous rater either. For some reason my machine won't interface properly with Literotica so just sign me SW MO Hermit.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Good Story

Keep on writing!

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 13 years ago
I'm Impressed!

Great Story, keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The first time I read one of your stories

I was like "ehh, could have been better"

but now I love them :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great story

great story if they were each ten years old or retarded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Five stars!

Simple plot? Yeah.

Predictable? Oh, yeah.

Mushy? Absolutely.

But the ingredients were there to make this absolutely delightful. Plot was tight, grammar excellent (even though the author slipped up a couple of time moving from first to third person) and it was very enjoyable. Thank you author for all your efforts.

sexmatesexmateover 13 years ago
Another damned good story by you.

Where have you been hiding?

These are the types of stories I have been looking for.

Kudos for this one and the previous ones I have commented on!

And again, thanks for writing!

ACFallonACFallonabout 13 years ago
Wonderful!

I truely romantic love story!! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Terrific!

Something like "Moog Player" would write. Passionate, sad, and full of love!

racoon1174racoon1174over 12 years ago
Awesome!

Just finished reading all of your stories and I loved them. You have a great talent and I and I bet everyone else on the site would love to see more. Thanks for the great effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not to disparage Moog Player in any way.

But I like this better.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
Thick headed -

You bet we can be and often - it is the price paid by decent men who want what they think is the best for those they love even if that best hurts them and they are often too slow to actually find out what that might be LOL

sparknclasssparknclassabout 11 years ago
Care to write a sequel?

This one ended rather abruptly. I think there's definitely room for a sequel here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I like it alot

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I read this Veterans Day 2013

Good story. Even more poignant when read on Veterans Day.

{and the posting confirmation security code was {A76A} -- how appropriate for Veterans Day!}

PennMusicPennMusicabout 10 years ago
Nice...

You really should write another chapter or two with them about their future. This was a great story and should be continued...

*** 5 Stars ***

risingthunderboltrisingthunderboltabout 10 years ago
Story is awesome.But

sometimes you used I instead of johnny

MoogPlayerMoogPlayeralmost 10 years ago
Outstanding!

I've read several of your stories, and I must say, you're one of the best on this site. Keep up the great work.

MoogPlayer

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow!!!

For a big bad soldier man, he sure was some kind of wimped out pussy. Gary's ass needed shaped up for certain. What did our big bad soldier do? He wimped out and let the asshole go on smirking. Mandy needs to move near an Air Force Base and find someone with balls, they got 'em there.

Always did figure ground pounders to be a little short of confidence around the fairer sex.

gyfurunegyfurunealmost 10 years ago
Reply to WoW!!!

This is a reply to WoW!!!, who, of course, posted anonymously. (I was a ground pounder in the Marines) Your attitude sounds like the arrogant ass that Gary was. You seem to like to label people, and put them down to build your self up. Especially if you can do it from the shadows, or behind people's backs, the way that Gary did in the story. You missed the whole point of this story. It was about caring, friendship, and putting other people, especially ones that you care about, first. If you are lucky, you will figure out that caring about others is what makes life worth living. When you figure that out, you may find that others will start caring about you as well. Who knows, you might become enough of a “wimped out pussy” to get a “Mandy” of your own to care for you.

Think about it and good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
a comfortable story, each pale next to "Irish Eyes"

A solid effort

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
GOOD

Dude, it is not finished. Granted I'm with the others in saying irish eyes, you write some of the best stories on the site & u r 1 of my most fav authors.

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8about 9 years ago
The ending, loved it

What a beautifully written story. I was in two minds whether to read this one, especially when you stated at the beginning there was no sex in it. Wow I'm glad I read it. Your fast becoming my favourite writer. Another 5 star effect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great one

I guess I'm going to have to read all of your stories.I've read 4 so far and they have all been good.Keep writing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 8 years ago
Enjoyable Romance

Plot is predictable. But still a fun ride. Well done!

LoveDeniedLoveDeniedover 8 years ago
Disappointed in Mandy

A lovely story, to be sure. A beautiful basic sentiment.

However, I find myself disappointed in the character of Mandy. Her actions don't jive with that of a life-long best friend, let alone one that also happens to be in love with said friend. She sounds like a selfish, spoiled brat. Liked the portrayal of Johnny very much though. A guy like that would deserve much, much better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Odd

Mixture of first and third person narration.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
john comes home

That was one of the best. I would like to reduce the other votes to 4* or raise this one to 10*

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

ScotrickScotrickabout 8 years ago
Excellent, but...

...the story ended very abruptly. A few paragraphs (or another story) to continue the theme would be welcome.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
GREAT STORY

FAN BLOODY TASTIC! Just a query? When Mandy tore strips off Johnny over the boyfriend! Next breath she says she was going to dump the cheating bastard? What a turn around? I never can understand the women's minds. Love you all GREG! 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great and lovely romance story

I like this story by many reasons:

Is a good romantic story

no sex in this history

Is the innocence of both them

5* for you.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Let's see if I have got this right!

Mandy has been fucking all of her boyfriends for the three years in college while Johnny was in the army. Johnny was still a virgin when he started going to Mandy's college. So why is Johnny so hot for the slut! Mandy didn't save hers virginity for him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To the anon of 10/02/16 with comment titled "Let's see if I have got this right!"

...You don't know either of the facts- about Mandy's and about Johnny's virginities- with certainty. Having a boyfriend or not having a girlfriend isn't an absolute proof of one's virginity or lack thereof.

Also what happened or did not happened before they got romantically involved is irrelevant as neither of them was committed to each other and hence they have full liberty of a sex life.

Moreover, one thing that's far more important in a romantic relationship than virginity is true love. They have that & therefore they shall do just fine. I bet you wouldn't have said those same things if it was stated in the story that Johnny has sown his wild oats overseas and Mandy was still a virgin. That would've been your dream story, wouldn't it? You know what, you bitter cuckold hypocrites should stay in the "Loving Wives" category and get your daily dose of therapy from those BTB stories there. Don't come & pollute the "Romance" section with your negativity & hatred...

~MD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
meh

Guy's a schmuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really good story

I liked the way, the two of hem were good friends growing up and remained good. friends. Liked the way they finally got together. You should write more about them.

mambrkemambrkealmost 7 years ago
How?

I will never understand, how a guy as stupid and as dense as Johnny is, could survive a year in a war :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
GREAT STORY! BUT IT'S NOT FINISHED PROPERLY

Loved it! PLEEEEEEEEEZE finish the rest of the story!

Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us!

Love you alMinisterEG.

OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

OH OH OH First Let me say that I have total Respect for the Vietnam Veterans

The year was 1970 I was a Junior at High School ! This particular night I went to my Girlfriends Home for Phisical workout with her (ha ha) Anyway there was a violent storm coming and Her Brother the Junkie was watching the 6.00 pm News

and President Nixon sprouted shit about increasing the Effort in Vietnam And our Fuck features Billy Big ears Prime Minister Bill Mc Mahon says that Australia will increase the Forces to go there and National Service age will be dropped to 18

I absently said WE MUST OF RUN OUT OF 19 AND 20 YEAR OLD NOW THEY ARE KILLING 18 YR OLD ! All of a sudden my Girlfriends Brother tells fuck features on TV to go to hell and A lightning struck the TV antenna and blew the fuck out of the TV

Ben went white as a Ghost and said do you Think God did that I just looked at him and said I hope so ! Funny thing Parliament Blocked his move to lower the age of National Service so maybe God was listening TRUE STORY BYE!

Denny CraneDenny Cranealmost 7 years ago
Best friends?

Don't best friends stay in contact with each other? The whole time he was in the Army, they never talked? No letters? No emails? No contact at all? That's not a best friend.

Regardless, I loved the story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hey Denny

Wake the fuck up! It's a story what would the writer write about if everything had been perfect all of the time.

Nice story (PIXL worthy)

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
I Liked the Story

Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

The comment below about the News Broadcast in 1970. Bloody hell I remember that like it was yesterday! Most of Australia was pissed off thoroughly with Billy Big Ears

(BILL McMahon)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
To Mambrke

You obviously haven't served or you would not have made that stupid statement!!!!

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Delightful Tale

A bit of maneuvering is the heart and soul of a good Romance Story. They did not even have to break up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

Very good writing. I find that I really appreciate romance stories now and I'm really tired of the loving wives bullshit. I like feeling good at the end instead of being pissed off. Thank you so much

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Some times the truth hurt's more than the lie. RW

Love is more than the Emotions and feelings we share with others ,or our selves for that matter ,What we do as a person tell's others so much about us even more than the words we write down trying to explain what were trying to do or say, giving of your self,your time,and your money if you can.to show some one else, how you value them…….

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago
Great

Great little story just ashame the ending wasn't longer

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
@ mambrke

That statement you made probably only scratches the surface of things you will never understand. I think this is a pretty darn good story and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Sweet Little Story But

The Lions are the traditional Thanksgiving team. At least you didn't bring the Patriots in to it but did you have to add the damned Cowboys.? Signed: BTW

kmreaderkmreaderover 4 years ago
Actually it’s both!

by Anonymous

08/27/19

Sweet Little Story But

The Lions are the traditional Thanksgiving team. At least you didn't bring the Patriots in to it but did you have to add the damned Cowboys.? Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Me to this story

me: *reads the story and starts crying because it’s over and stories about best friends falling in love get to me*

somebody: hey why are you crying?

me: BECAUSE

npr0nnpr0nabout 4 years ago
Nice story, might need an editor...

I love the flow and general theme of the story. But there are some passages where „Johnny“ becomes „I“ and some other parts are missing words.

Story 5/5,

Execution 3/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice story

But weak.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Sweet Story

Kept them from getting together until the very end. Lovely story; well worth 5 stars

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Freedom

I know people like their own freedom,but why would Mandy want the expense of sharing an apartment when she could live with her parents.?What did she do for money,she ran a car so obviously needed money for that as well as rent.?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty Good Story

It was, in my opinion, very predictable, and it did have a few weak points, but it was still a very enjoyable story. And @nitpic: People want their freedom simply because that’s human nature. And I think that’s particularly true of 18 and 19 year old young people who feel the need to break away from the adults who have been there nitpicking at them their whole lives. (Yeah, pun intended). I know that’s the way I thought, wrong or right. Yeah, I remember it well....:-)

Aussie1951Aussie1951about 3 years ago
Yeah not bad I suppose

Pretty Predictable as someone else commented. Not your best story by far, but still I gave ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Some of us guys are pretty dense about what young ladies want and feel. So ladies, if you really love a guy and want him, don't play around sending signals, speak up and let him know. The same for you guys, speak up! Very good story, reminds me of youth and my first kiss,

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggiealmost 3 years ago

This is the second story I’ve read like this. You may have written more and I just haven’t read them yet. Both having feelings for the other, yet not telling them. Ho hum. I was reading drivel like this in grade school. You should find another story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really sweet, love that they both wanted to be together but couldn't find a way to get there until the end. Would love to read more in depth stories where best friends date/marry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@ mr. dgfergie ref. "Very good story, reminds me of youth and my first kiss,"

Was that first (kiss) the one that cheated on you, was she your first wife SLASH cheating, conniving ex?

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 2 years ago

Once again, strange ending. That and too many unexplained, important details. Mandy certainly did not wait for Johnny and was not shy about bringing her boyfriend over for the first time she sees her "forever friend" again. Them acts weird as if Johnny is doing something with Susan. And after all that she, all of a sudden wants Johnny boy. And he is not the smartest either. Disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One sided romance with Mandy whoring herself on campus with Johnny holding torch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Could have been a really good story, but instead, he ends up being in love with the local gutter slut and skank. Surely a vet deserves more than sloppy seconds from the town whore. Bummer you didn't see the real possibilities with the premise you began with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Could have been great, instead of Average. It needs an ending that justified the long build up to an ending that was too brief, too quick, and stinks of a “let’s get this story over with, I’ m tired of messing with it”!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Deserved a better ending. 4*s

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Could

Could have done with some action,like him kicking Gary's are.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoalmost 2 years ago

Well crap. Now I'm all misty. 5 stars again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So Mandy was fucking around.....just too rushed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

THIS IS NOT ROMANCE!! MANDY IS A SPOILED STUBBORN BITCH!!

MAN UP SOLDIER

Rocky62Rocky62over 1 year ago

Mandy displayed a bit of an over the top hair trigger, run away soldier run

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your male characters are weak wimps!!

Worse when they are soldiers/Marines....you turned them into wimps

Your female characters in your supposedly 'romance" stories are arrogant sluts

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This must be for the self-delusional femdom crowd. No soldier wants to be let around by the nose by a snotty, arrogant shrew.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story. However, it ended too soon. An epilog would have been cool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fabulous 5*. The only thing I would change is when she confronts him in the yard and asked him what was wrong. He should have said he had heard her talking about "one guy who she hoped would ask her out" and decided he had lost her, so he was backing away. She would have said "that's you, you idiot" and then kissed him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

horrible story, worst ever from this author... If Mandy loved Johnny she could have waited for him while he was in the army instead of playing with Gary. It's definitely not love on her part, but affection. Johnny is really a wimp and it's annoying to read. I hope they break up soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Mandy was a slut!! Definitely NOT ROMANCE

DaikkennDaikkennabout 1 year ago

I would like to see more of these two

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 1 year ago

Nice ending, Super Cheesy, but nice. Raaaaplh!

LechemanLecheman12 months ago

Great feel good story - thanks!

graadoograadoo11 months ago

What's up with all the negative vibes from you bitches? I get it you were probably burned by an ex-wife but I am guessing that most of you don't know what a relationship is really like. Geez, grow up people it is a story that you didn't pay for. And it was a good one. People grow up and learn lessons as they grow up. Some of you motherfuckers need to grow yourselves.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Dang, a tear jersey! And it worked!! When is chapter two, or more?

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Same response, again, will get more reads from me.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

There should be another category in literotica for your so called romance - 'sluts and whimps'.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice romantic story, but the interaction between Johnny and Mandy were not like very old friends, more like newly met friends. Old, old friends are so at ease with one another that they almost take each other for granted. They don't ask permission to enter their apartments to watch TV. I know because I have a childhood friend, a girl, and that's how I behave with her and it doesn't bother her one bit. If I was with a girl, she doesn't stop to wonder whether I will misunderstand if she comments anything good or bad about my girlfriend. And I never misunderstand her or am angry at her comments because I know that she only has my best interests. In fact, I give her opinions the utmost consideration. That is how it is with a childhood buddy.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Whore and slut getting jealous? Now, that's new.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice, but awkward. Do you think they have a miscommunication/misunderstanding problem?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A bit short on the ending.

MountainMan1336MountainMan13362 months ago

3 stars, I was hoping Johnny would kick the shit out of Gary just for the hell of it Then again Johnny was in the army not the Marine Corps so I guess just as well.

LanmandragonLanmandragonabout 2 months ago

Not my kind of story - a bit naive, and the main character is a bit simple.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous