All Comments on 'Irish Eyes'

by Web_Spinner

Sort by:
  • 786 Comments
KoreavetKoreavetalmost 14 years ago
Just one problem

Property acquired before marriage ain't community property.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Stunned!

I'm stunned that no-one has commented on this wonderful story yet.

It was well told and highly entertaining. It was a little predictable, but it was such a nice tale that it didn't matter much.

Thank you author for your efforts and I look forward to reading more of your submissions.

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 14 years ago
Outstanding!

Good Tale! Not all Gloom & Doom.

hawkeye007hawkeye007almost 14 years ago
I wish...

I wish there was was a Caitlan in my life. Well done!

bazemorelarrybazemorelarryalmost 14 years ago
Old West

I can almost imagine being on this ranch and seeing the things you describe in your story this is truly one of my favorites and I will store it and read it again and again keep up the writing you are really talented Larry

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nor is:

Inherited property. The growth since marriage would be communal property but not the pricipal. Great story anyway and thats all that counts. Well done. Mike in Missouri

PArebelPArebelalmost 14 years ago
Lovely

In the short time you have been posting you have become one of my favorite authors.<BR><P>

Keep up the good work.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 14 years ago
GREAT STORY....

wow... I am impressed... and I do NOT impress easy at all....

Not a thing wrong with this ... very strong characters...

BULLY!

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 14 years ago
WOW

Someone finally impressed Harry. I didn't think he liked anything or anybody, but that's okay because he keeps us on our toes and helps us to become better at writing with his critiques.

Good plot, good flow, and good character development. I too appreciate a good honest romance with a happy ending instead of all the doom and gloom.

Thanks for your hard work and excellent story. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
You'd Best Be Careful

Spinner - - - This is only the second of your stories that I have read, and it seems to me that if you keep up the quality of what you do, perhaps Jake Rivers, DG Hear, Telephone Man, and the Wandering Denham Forest will be forced to welcome you into that special inner circle here on Literotoca. You'd Best Be Careful or you'll make it for sure!! Nicely done thus far, and you've been added to my Favorites list.

Sincerely, Prof. Ramstein

sexmatesexmatealmost 14 years ago
Damn that was GOOD!

That was a very satisfying read!

I did enjoy it from begining to end. You have obvious talent, and I now look forward to more!

Thanks for comimg here to post on Lit. I am going to read the rest of your posts!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
More please!

With the quality of your story-telling and writing, it is scary to imagine how good you would be with a full length novel!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great

What a wonderful story!

Boyd

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 14 years ago
So much better than your last posting.....

....and what makes you one of the best here is your mastery of dialogue. So readable and realistic. Harry just saves praise for only the very best.

bartolobartoloalmost 14 years ago
Sorry, I disagree, you should indiacte locations, weather, etc

Your story starts out as one story and then becomes a second story with his move (Where?). He came from Texas but went where? The ranch is large so from the movies I'd assume that the ranch he worked at was, in fact, also in Texas.

You started with a cheating wife story and that got my attention. I wanted to see how you'd handle it but you did little with this story. Rather, you have him begin a new life somewhere in Texas, New Mexico or Colorado? The second part of his life in which he purchases the Wilson ranch is interesting but not have been better if you had also carried through on the cheating wife story at the same time. We never did get to know Janice's character and to hear her story. Well, all is well and ends well.

Web_SpinnerWeb_Spinneralmost 14 years agoAuthor
Story takes place in Montana

On the first page it is mentioned that Carson is in Montana and twice again on the second page.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Excellent

Apart from some details, this is an excellent story and well worth the reading. Nicely done! I hope to see more soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Excellent story

This story read like some of my wife's romance novels, and I loved it!

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Outstanding

great story, keep up the good work

m48gunnerm48gunneralmost 14 years ago
Thanks,

I tend to read the "loving wives" stories, but they get so depressing after awhile and your story is such a "pick me up". Appreciate the good writing and characterization. Thanks,

zed0zed0almost 14 years ago
I LOVE A HAPPY ENDING!

Shades of 1oodmen, Wander DeForest, JackR, DhearG, HDn, OhO, H2O, PDQ, Rehnfertist, Zeke's 7 thru 103and Blu's#2 thru #99, don't forget JPP, and TMI, and all the other happy ending rich guy writers who spin such wonderfully heart warming family value fairy tales. Creating worlds where most any and all of life's problems can be solved by simply throwing enough money at them (combined of course, with a few well placed shots, kicks, punches, or karate chops). As trite and as formula as it is, it just seems so "American" some how, and I am proud to be an American, and I freely admit; "I love the hell out of this shit!" But, I gotta wonder about somebody who marries "well" as a career goal. I find it hard to believe that the slut wife would give up so easily and just go away for a measly 40K. And that Wilson and his crew would ever see that kind of hard time unless it was their third or fourth offense. One must also assume that Wilson was too cheap (because with a spread like his, he couldn't be broke) to hire a decent lawyer who would have never let the prosecution admit a coerced confession. Shorty could have walked by turning states evidence against the Sheriffs department! State prosecutors love to eat small town Sheriffs who threaten to turn perps over to their victims. Surprisingly they actually consider "the lynch mob mentality" of coerced or extorted confessions by an officer of the law a much worse crime than trespassing, and grand theft cow. Besides Bill probably would have acquired the Wilson ranch during the subsequent civil suit after about three to five years of litigation, then liquidating forty to eighty percent to cover lawyer fees. And "MARRY CAITLIN!?!?" Gimme a break! Even if Caitlin was a hottie, does Carson really wanna marry some local chick who has "dated" dozens of the towns eligible players? Even if she didn't sleep with all of them, there are probably more than a few who have "been there and done that," and would love to swap "I fucked your wife" stories with Carson for many, many years to come. That being said; I very much enjoyed your story! Generally I never read the tags or the comments before making my own comments, but since it was long, and in the romance category, I sneaked a peek to the last page and noticed Harry liked it. Intrigued, I read the whole story (and liked it too) but felt obligated to throw out a few constructive/destructive nit picks since Harry gave you a "slide." Should I ever post a story, AND Harry likes it, I would expect the same consideration from you.

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 14 years ago
Wonderful

Could be a loving wifes story, but who cares. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
good story

over-all very good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
A truly pleasant read

This was time well spent :-)

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 14 years ago
Good Story; Great Ending

Refreshing, credible, and well paced.

victoriangentvictoriangentalmost 14 years ago
Great story.

Refreshing. I enjoyed your story and appreciate your efforts.

Now I would like to address Zed0's thoughtful comments. Which of his "numerous contributions" did all this wisdom come from?

Why can people not just read a story and enjoy it or just dismiss it? Why do you think you have to rewrite the story? If you are a regular reader of Literotia and cannot suspend reality to a certain degree, then I assure you that you are in the wrong place. You should be in the library in the non-fiction section.

Just a thought.

Again thanks for entertaining some of us for a little while.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Another masterpiece

I just have to say marvellous. I am really impressed.

Your German fan

Jürgen

bigguy523bigguy523almost 14 years ago
Great story.

Thanks for such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Another great story from Web_Spinner

I love your stories. Whenever I really like an author's style I look at his previous ones. How do you write so many stories in a short period? Or do you have a stash of them ready to publish? Either way you have a consistent style which I, for one, will look forward to in future. Are we seeing another egmontgrigor in the making, folks?

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptalmost 14 years ago
Excellent story

I really like your stories. The characters and storylines are superb. I can't wait to read your next one!

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1almost 14 years ago
Another winner

What can I add to the other comments except that this was a great story. Love happy endings.

EmmSeaEmmSeaalmost 14 years ago
A very pleasant, gentle story

Whilst I enjoy stories with a bit of angst and tension, after a while they get kinda wearing. It's great to read a story like this. Thank you Web_Spinner for your efforts.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 14 years ago
Nice

Well done. Engoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
WELL DONE!

Not rare, or medium rare, but extremely WELL DONE!! Just perfect!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
beautiful story

Very well written, the build up was so erotic, please write more!

john1946john1946over 13 years ago
Great

What can I say about your stories but great. Love the way you let it all come together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A fine story!

I give this one a five plus, a fine piece of work.

WyldMTWyldMTover 13 years ago
Another GREAT story!

What can I say, Another great story!

McCaslandMcCaslandover 13 years ago
Awesome!!!!!

Ive enjoyed all of your Romance stories. I hope You'll be writing more soon.

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Golod romance.

I believe it takes time for a true relationship to blossom, and you paced thisone very well. You were correct, Catlin was not Janice.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
I really enjoyed the story....

It has a little bit of everything from betrayal of a cheating wife, transition to a new area and life, romance with a hauty redhaired Irish beauty and adventure with rustlers. Great story....

Fighting41Fighting41about 13 years ago
A Wonderful Story

A very well written story with very well defined an developed characters a true pleasure to read thank you

JeffTomJeffTomabout 13 years ago
Thank You

Good story. I would have liked to here a little more about how bad the X wife is doing.

The amount of sex in the story was/is just the right mount, not to grafic.

Thank You for sharing your work with us/me!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
What a treat!

I was perusing the top list and remembered this story from a previous reading. It was just as enjoyable the second time through. A well-crafted story with characters with heart and soul. And the sex comes as a natural consequence of the story.

Thank you for sharing with us. And I'll always be looking for your stories in the future.

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Lovely Read

Enjoyed again for the first time!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Stumbled across this story. Really is a refreshing and wonderful tale!

Author, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
!

Fantastic! The best I have read in a long time!5171

jahlove69jahlove69almost 13 years ago

loved it........ Fiji as a honeymoon is wonderful.... miss my home in Fiji now :(

but really lovely story... keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Bravo!!!

This is a good one! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
WHERE ARE YOU WEB SPINNER

YOU STORIES A 5 STARS THIS ONE IS IMPRESSIVE.GREAT.. YOU HAVENT WRITTEN ANYTHING THIS YEAR ?? LOVE TO SEE MORE OF YOUR WORK..

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wow

i don't normally read the romance ones but i somehow stumbled across this one and i have to say that i absolutely love it. keep up the good work

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
So glad I finally read this -

I have seen it listed in the similar stories box a number of times but did not trust it due to the tags that were on the story I had just read - thought it would just be a bad LW story - not an awesome romance -

Really well done thank you for your work and time -

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
Great

A nice tale of love on a ranch, feels like one of those female romance novels from a guys perspective loved it.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
I've seen this around a lot

And I finally started to read it.

In fact, this is my second go.

I enjoyed it. It was well written, didn't get to soppy or maudlin and had reasonable characters.

My one caveat is putting Bill in charge of the ranches. If he can't keep track of his stock to a couple hundred, it's no wonder Wilson was eating his lunch and probably tearing a piece of Colleen too. But I know nothing about ranching, so that might just be my ignorance showing.

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
A GRAND TALE !!!!!!

And fine story right to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you.

I really loved your story.Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice

I liked this, it had a couple of nice moments in it and overall was a cute story. The only thing I would say is that for someone who has a PhD, Caitlin seemed a tad naive? Maybe you were going for that? But the fact that she would apply for a loan from a loan company without having done any research and that she only 'wondered' at the low interest rate seems a bit off to me, but maybe that's just me.

jiminabjiminabover 12 years ago
Very Good

Spinner I really liked this one. Thank you for the read. To anon above,,she did not have a PhD. She was a vet. Yes it does have a Doctor title but not a PhD. Your comments about the loan are valid but it is a story. And a great one. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
not a phd

a vet had a DVM - doctor of vet medicine.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
nice story

liked it alot; will read more of your work. thanks

xtremeddxtremeddabout 12 years ago
Refreshing. No cheesy comments or "wining"

Web_Spinner,

All the positive comments echo my sentiments.

I'll read this story and turn a bad day to good.

Thanks to Lit. and you for sharing on Lit.

best wishes

x

chytownchytownabout 12 years ago
Second Time!!!!

Reading this story great read thanks again for sharing.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Great Tale

Nice to see an author focused on living well after the debacle.

ginrunnerxginrunnerxabout 12 years ago
Great Story

One of the best, gave it a 5. Thank for your time and effort, keep up the good work.....

Bob

ForherloveForherloveabout 12 years ago
Web-spinner is #1

Truly a love story if ever there was one. Raw sex is not always the best. I'll be looking for more of your work

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 12 years ago
Written so well...

I believe I know these folks. I grew up in Idaho and the ranch culture was the same there as in this story. The author was right, the story wasn't about where, it was about who.

Thanks, I miss living in the country with my red haired woman.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Now what do I do?

I loved this story. I'm in college to become a physician but now all I want to do is buy myself a place in Montana so I can ride horses everyday and find myself wife like this!

AgrabahAgrabahabout 12 years ago
Well written, though...

It was generally a great plot and everything, but it somewhat ruined for me when he suddenly, had a change in heart and decided to make a move on her out of the blue. It could have been worked into the story a bit more smoothly.

But other than that, it was a very decent story.

Sid0604Sid0604about 12 years ago
Thank you

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. I thought it was great. Thank you.

Sid

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I gave it 5 stars...

... lovely story, but I'd have gotten a prenup.

ananduananduabout 12 years ago
one of the better stories here

loved the story. Hope the others are as good

rated it 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Fantastic!

Wonderful story! I come back once in a great while to read it again and enjoy. This story sucks me in and makes me feel like I'm right there.

MadBrownMadBrownalmost 12 years ago
Beautiful Love Story

Very beautiful and touching story

buttman52buttman52almost 12 years ago
WOW.....:)

Your story hit a nerve about a cheating wife,butt I got over her.Thank you so much for writing a story I loved to read.Please keep on writing and I will keep on reading

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Just had to come back for a re-read

Still one of my favorites

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A great story

Very heart warming, and fun to read. I brought a smile to my face.

pogo123pogo123almost 12 years ago
Excellently done

Excellent read !! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your well plotted, well told and technically well written story. My compliments.

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 12 years ago
What RePhil said... this time I voted too.

W_S,

Got around to read it and found I'd missed A Great well written story.

Thanks for sharing your hard work on Lit.

x

sucker4romancesucker4romancealmost 12 years ago
kept seeing this story...

... and thinking id like to read it but i never got around to it, so glad i finally did! wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
BEST OF THE BEST.

Really enjoy your writings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow !

I'm a normal guy of 48 years and that story brought tears of joy to my eyes ! Excellent - What a great story. Congratulations. There's a tiny bit of "The Quiet Man" movie with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
well written

loved the story. good detail and emotionally gripping. good job!

chaser73065chaser73065over 11 years ago
Its Gggrrrrreeeeeeaaaaaaaaatttttttttt

Its a very well writen story great character development and it flows well and draws you in keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
this would make a good movie

This would make a good movie

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Beautiful story, I got lost in it when I started reading. Thank you for writing.

MRSheaMRSheaover 11 years ago
sorry

I accidently hit 1 star when it should have been a five. Wish I could change it.

JonnyZeldaJonnyZeldaover 11 years ago
Great story.

My only criticism, and this is my ONLY criticism, is that I wished there was just a bit more tension between Carson and Caitlin, just one more argument or moment of tension. Those were the most interesting scenes between them. To see them have one more fight after they started seeing each other and then have intense make-up sex would've been awesome. Again I'd like to point out that this is my only criticism, this is an amazing story, and reading this has given me some great ideas. All the characters feel real but the two lead characters are where it's strengths lie. This definitely stands as one of the best stories on the website to say nothing of the romance section.

carvohicarvohiover 11 years ago
Hey! What's up?

First, this is great story. I loved it, gave it a five. I'm troubled. Web Spinner has a cluster of stories all written within a short time in 2010. Where is the author? Did he die? Did he just stop? Has he gone commercial? Where is he?

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
great story 5 stars

We all have heard of the Janice's of the world. I have never married one like Janice, thankfully, but this story certainly demonized her appropriately I might add. Carson played it cool and handle his catastrophe. A bad marriage can take its tool on any human and this story handled it with great ingenuity and subtle charm. I enjoyed the story the characters were wonderful and likeable with the exception of Janice and her sister. Thr author unfolded this story in a nice even pace. Carson hiding his money buying the ranch foiling Janice's plan to extort his fortune was enjoyable and consequently getting dumped was delicious. When Carson foiled the wrestlers saved Caitlin bought the ranch divorced Janice and married Caitlin ...it doesn't get any better than this. I would like to have seen an epilogue but it stood alone without it.Thanks author for the entertainment ..very well done! !!

bseeker6969bseeker6969about 11 years ago
Question to commenters

I agree with Carvohi. The writer is MIA after 5 yrs. A ton of stories posted in July '10 and gone. I have found a lot of heart warming stories by authors that are MIA. I like the suck and fuck stories once is a while but this author's (hey, I know they are stories) genre are what makes life feel good. My situation was somewhat like the character is this story, minus the money we never had cause she blew it gambling. Anyways, I wonder if some of the authors could be well know writers or headliners and shift nyms to keep the focus off their reality. Thoughts? I am going to book mark this one to come back and read future comments on this.

LuvinWritinLuvinWritinabout 11 years ago
writers come and go.

There are lots of good writers who post several stories then leave. One of my favorites, Elianna, posted a half dozen or so chapters in a novella and never returned to complete it. I dread the thought that she may have died or something. But I think for most it's just that they move on. Maybe they've turned pro. Wouldn't that be a lick in the ass. Maybe you bought a book from an author that got thier start writing stories for Literotica. lol

Archangel_MArchangel_Mabout 11 years ago

Superb story! Just a brief note: you might want to have it re-edited at some point; there are a number of small errors scattered throughout the text. Just typos, no structural faults; they don't mess up the story, but they are slightly disruptive. :)

Bravo!

laddy2096laddy2096about 11 years ago
Loved it!

To answer all the above-maybe, just maybe, web-spinner found his own Caitlin and Double C ranch?

laddy2096laddy2096about 11 years ago
Sexist

I just realized that my previous comment is almost sexist in assuming the author is a male... i stand corrected...

DawnJDawnJabout 11 years ago
What a sweet lil story!

I love it! It's a nicely paced, well written love story and more! Absolutely delightful!

myassisdraginmyassisdraginabout 11 years ago
Wnderful story...

Webspinner, that is a real nice story, your writing rates right up there with moogplayer and romantic1... Just wish I could give it 10 stars....

I agree with an anonymous commenter that it would make a great movie as Montana is one of the nicest staes I have visited.

I live on the Canadian Prairies.

charlie48charlie48about 11 years ago
More please

Wonderful story

jenellesljenelleslabout 11 years ago
Scrumptious Story

This is a love story and a beautifully written one. I was going to take a break about halfway through and finally stopped at the end.

I have never been to the northwest, but I have see pictures. I started a story of my own that will end in Wyoming. There is still some room there and people who are neighbors in the true sense. I think you captured this well.

It might be interesting to see this from Janice's eyes. Did she learn anything? Did she, perhaps, one day find someone? I love happy endings.

Keep up the good writing. Thanks for a tale well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
OUTSTANDING

one of the top ten writers who's stories are great, 10 rating, reads

Thank You

davidotero1961davidotero1961almost 11 years ago
One of the best if not the best story I have read

Thank you for this story it was a well written and clear story. Not to much violence and alot of love made it more realistic, thank you for a Job well done. One thing Janice should of been punished Just a little bit more, she deserved a good ass whipping among other things.

123456...8
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous