All Comments on 'Lost in a Lonely World - Epilogue'

by dangerouslydead

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
DrPlutonDrPlutonover 13 years ago
Very good read.

On a sarcastic note: "Thanks for the early morning dose of depression."

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
This was rather emotional.

You have an amazing ability to convey dark emotions. It was a very good read.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
That was intense.

You certainly know how to right about emotions and you are very good at expressing them. Well done for this story, yes I realise it isn't a happy story but still it is well written and a good read. Thanks for writing.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Quite Impresive.

Very fine writing showing what it is to be a human being...

coupleuk1949coupleuk1949over 13 years ago
Amazing

Truly amazing how you can convey so much emotion in such a small piece of writing.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

A very very sad story well written. In my mind you captured something that most of us miss in our lives. Opportunity is fleeting and once lost is difficult to ever capture again. And sadly, the son doesn't know how to do what it takes to make his father immortal. Even his step-father and mother failed him and now he knows.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
this was an awful fucking story...

and i cant believe you wrote it. after all that shit, he believes its his fault!? and its bullshit and beyond naive to believe that just because they were teenagers they didnt know better and its okay. how the fuck can they still be close not only to their mom but darin? their mother was fucking at least three other guys because she wanted to be rich and darin only married the mom because she came with two kids. even after knowing their mother told everyone he was a wife beater, they still spent time with them. i hope they spend the rest of their lives with the guilt and then die painfully. this was bullshit and in no way was it an epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Intense

You had me in tears

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it!

Beautiful description of the way self-centered children and a selfish wife can destroy a good man! It goes on every day in our lives, even if not to the extreme told in this story!

chytownchytownover 13 years ago
Please!!!

This should have been in "READERS DIGEST" Great story wrong site. Good Luck!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Take heed

Men, this what awaits you when you marry a selfish bitch of a woman. Wait that's redundant, let's better say it's what happen when you get married.

They all, with a few rare exceptions, into selfish bitches who justify every evil shitty thing they do as the fault of their loyal husband. Even their cheating is their husbands fault.

The sad thing of this story is how close it hits home for so many readers.

Alberta  AlAlberta Alover 13 years ago
Not surprised that he feels guilty

With his wife, children, friends and the court treating him badly, I am not surprised that he feels guilty when he isn't.

It is unfortunate that he was unable to pick himself up and go on with a semi-normal life.

norcal62norcal62over 13 years ago
Come now folks.

This, as said previously, is written by a bitter, self-pitying man. The male character, as his alter ego, failed to get on with life; living in the past until his death. The story left me cold, not sympathetic to someone who would not grow up and be a mature human.

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
His letter was too kind.....

Self pity is just not very pretty. As the letter concludes, his son didn't know how to honor his father.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
NORCAL!!!!

Your statement leaves me completely cold ! ! !

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
Saccarine

and wallowing in self pity.

Too much.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
IS BEING STRONG FOR BELIEFS

a task or a lifestyle. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Chills ran down to my bone...

Wife cheated only because husband was too busy to provide for the family. Of course, it was so much easier to find greener pasture elsewhere to provide for her two children, just open her legs.

Friend and family deserted him only because the wife smeared him with a wife-beater label.

Children abandoned him only because another man was able to spoil them.

They finally came to him because there was something inside eating them alive.

Of course, now that he is dead, let all the lies, ignorances and regrets all be set aside and enjoy the rest of their lives.

Wonderful writing, but, my god, chills ran down to my bone...

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
fucked by your kids

hope they reap what they sow - always easy to feel sorry when you dont have to do anything about it. good writing - lots of emotion. you get a 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Why shed crocodile tears

Rodger had as much love for his biological father as I have a for someone living across the globe. This story is far too depressing and you wanted it that way but I can't understand why anyone man or female would shut themselves off from the world even if this had happened to them. Surely there would be some kind of emotion felt unfortunately all he seemed to feel was selfpity.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Guilt

As I pointed out in ch. 1 there would be a lot of guilt to have to live with. Well there is and it won't be going away any time soon.

DON"T CHEAT ON YOUR SPOUSE

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
i had to come back

and say that the father sure had a bunch of shits for kids. if they were really sorry they would have parked their asses out by his front door every day and pushed their way into his life. "we are having dinner together dad." "we are going for a drive this saturday dad." "this is my boyfriend dad" this e-mail "sorry" bullshit is just that - more bullshit. they killed his spirit and took his life from him and frankly i dont think they gave a rats ass about him and intended to spend his money and not even care.

good story.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
donate you money and property to people who need it

I would have donated it to a homeless shelter and a charity. Fuck the kids and the ex-wife.

MrVdogMrVdogalmost 12 years ago
amen to huedogg2

not a cent to the family, I'd have burned it first.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
You are one sisck puppy

It's not enough to fuck your character in the first story, you had to write a follow-up so you could fuck him after he was dead.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 WHEN SOMEONE KNOWS THE ANSWERS

how is it possible for all to fail the test miserably, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
WOW!

I would have done the same as the father in your story did. What the hell is money when you are dead? Nothing at all. Why not leave it to someone you loved or had loved than to an unknown person? People are just plain assed stupid these days. It is all fuck everyone but ones self. Pitiful.

I can't login or I would leave this under my user name. I am wackyjackster@yahoo.com. I was the one that found your first story profound. Excellent writing and excellent story lines! Please keep up the good work!!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Fitting

Be great to see a longterm sequel or have the author open it up to allow others to write a followup set several years later.

Thx.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

the kids are garbage. they chose the money even after they found out what happened. if they had an understanding of loyalty they would have parked outside of their fathers house every damn day and made him talk to them but the wife got what she wanted, her children were hers. the money was what was important to them now and their children's children would pay the price.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

May his children feel the pain throughout their lives that he felt. And live with that terrible empty hole.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Damn

Roger should do the world a favor and kill everyone involved, including himself. Then maybe the spouses could raise the kids correctly.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

the kids had darin's values and the whore's morals. he lived alone and died alone and was burried alone because the whore lied about him being a wife beater. it would have been better for the father to have used the money to issue contracts on all of them. the mafia know how to do such things and the women can earn for them on the streets.

like i said before, the kids were garbage. they were only interrested on how THEY felt. if they reallty wanted a relationship with their fahter they could have been ther every damn day at the door when he opened it to go to work and when he arrived back home at night. but they chose their own pleasure and once again abandoned their father, who in the end left everything he had to them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This is a pretty pathetic epilogue.

This poor asshole sure got the short end of the stick! Too bad his loving (!) children just couldn't console him as he died. Strongly suspect this story was written solely to piss readers off. Only one innocent in this hypocritical family is the grandchild.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Life is so Sad sometimes.....

Enjoy it when you can and as long as you can......life is so fickle....

And this is a great story, this is (it) very odd to me that a site like this has some very good deep thought authors and is free. Sex is a very small part of life but it means so much to so many....

bill

5 all the way

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
And there goeth the revenge on Earth

He got his last shot - intended or not and his pain is passed on to the next generation and the guilt grows in all of them -

Hopefully they will accept their part and refuse to allow it to consume them and live and doing what they can to redress some of the wrong so the next generation does not suffer that way (start by not being such horrible spouses as exampled by their mother)

Great ending

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 A DOUBLE ENTENDRE PSYCHOLOGICAL REVENGE

and now they really have to live with their dilemma, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Whine, cry, sob

Oh for Christ's sake this is a PORN site. Grow a pair.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
You can't instill values that you don't have

Wendy's betrayal of her husband doomed her family to a future of selfish disloyalty for generations to come.

hoosier76hoosier76about 10 years ago
I see myself the same!

Too many people take for granted. I really enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
To Anonymous

It is not a porn site you fucking ignoramus! It is about wives, husbands and families!!

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Roger needs to man up!

First thing he should do is disown his slut mother and the interloper! They are dishonorable scum and they need to go. He needs to go to all his mother and fathers former friends and tell them what happened and how the bitch lied about her husband and how they wrongly shunned and innocent man. He needs to get his sister on board with this plan. He needs to restore honor to his fathers name! It can only be done by balancing the scales. Let the Slut and her fucker die alone and unforgiven! Then one day, he can show his son how a son honors his father and reclaims his own honor in doing so!

PhotoproffPhotoproffover 9 years ago
I love/hate this story

Unfortunately too many people go through life without love and understanding. This story has hit a nerve with me. Too often the ones who are loved the most are the ones that hurt the one has given the most. Terminal illness often comes from the stress and depression caused by those who have hurt the one who loved to a fault. Despite my feelings, It is a good story with much feeling. Warranted or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What a.....

mean, pouting, passive aggression shit this guy was. Giving his children a lifetime of pain and guilt. Burn the bitch; fuck up the guy she is cheating with and get on with life.

Poor, poor, pitiful me? No way! Be thankful for your joy and wins. Learn from your pain and losses. "lifes like a box of chocolates.........." GUMP.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5 stars to the story

And 5 stars to sugna's soluton

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
Love it!!! Great story

gave you a 5

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Cheating slut destroyed the man

The cheating slut destroyed the man and should burn in hell for it, along with the asshole who she left him for. As for the children, they abandoned him as well, for that I can only hope they suffer from the guilt for the rest of their lives. Sad to say I seriously doubt that they would because they have already proved themselves to be worthless assholes. Personally I would not have left the bastards a penny much less a single dime. Karma is a bitch so to compete the story both of the children should be cursed with cheating spouses who rape them in divorces and keep them from their children. The wife and her new husband should both get cancer and die painful humiliating deaths. That is what I would wish to happen, but given the plot of the story the most likely thing to happen is that they would just take the money then totally forget that the guy ever existed. No guilt, no tears no anything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

nothing good here. you should have stopped after chapter one. better, you should NOT have written chapter one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow!

Polished ending, it's a shame the previous anonymous commentator couldn't find the other half of his single brain cell to make a joined up thinking type of comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sorry, I can't get enthused with this or the first part

The kids were not kids, not at that age. Having a wife betray you is an ungodly pain. Having your children betray you is unforgivable. And I mean that literally. There is no way I would have given any of them a smidgen of forgiveness. And I sure as hell wouldn't have left my estate to them. I'd have left it to the neighbor's dog first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Because no one was present the codicil went into effect. The tape of their last meeting was posted on the net as well as letter. All their prior friends learned of the lies. The Money was given to a whore, and unknown to him got pregnant with his child but said nothing to him about it. She named the child after him, quit hooking and became a nurse to aids patients. Their son became a great doctor and made even more money than his dad left him. The money was given to the poor in honor of his father who died rich in money but poor in love. His name and namesake were revered for hundreds of years. The ones who abandoned him ended up on the trash heap of history.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 7 years ago
Yeah, and you know WHY he didn't know how...?

Because though his father would have tried to teach him integrity, he willingly hid his mother's affair so that HE didn't get hurt, though it couldn't not eventually hurt his father...

And because he berated his father for experiencing the pain of betrayal by his wife and children...

And because the people who continued to raise him after he willingly abandoned his father were the worst sort of people: a man who knowingly stole the most important things a man could have - his children - and a woman who was both a whore and a mercenary.

And rather than having the backbone to face his father those ten years ago when the previous letter was sent saying how sorry they were, they SENT a letter.

On second thought, he DOES know how to do it - just think, "What would mom, Darin, Sue or I do?" - and don't do ANY of those things.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Finally, may your soul rest in peace

The father is better off dead than living with despicable souls of his ex family around. I'm gloomy after how the story ended, but I am sure there is some truth in it. And like they say, what goes around comes around. So to they kids I say, WHEN YOUR SPOUCES CHEATE ON YOU, AND I KNOW THEY WILL, AND IF YOUR CHILDREN WINES TO YOU THAT YOU ARE BEING SHITTY FOR FILING A DEVORCE, EXPERIENCE THE PIERCING PAIN OF YOUR EVER FAITHFUL LOVING DAD.

And once again, may you all ungrateful, self loving family rot in hell! Amen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

They ALL got what they deserved, a life without him in their lives..."you reap what you sow". In this case, SHIT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Powerful and emotive

Sad story but excellent job.

Thanks for the read.

5/5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
People who jack over other people do not have a soul

To do this to a person, the person would have to be a shell of a person, without a soul. I know a few people like this- or maybe I should say, I am aware of a few assholes who act this way.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 6 years ago
Very . . .

. . . sad. Tears.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
He Was A Very Selfish Man All Along

Yes, others shit on him, but let's examine him. When his kids wanted to reach out to him finally he didn't allow them into his life because he didn't want to see pity in their eyes for him. He was proud and selfish. If his thoughts were for his children then he would have allowed them some reconciliation and allowed them to make amends and say goodbye to him. He would have allowed them to redeem themselves which would have made it easier on them to move along in their lives, but he made it about his hurt, pain and pride and denied his children lifelong comfort.

The last letter was another stake in his kids' lives. I mean he could have sent them a letter telling them he loved them, forgiven them everything, etc, etc. Instead, once again he wanted them to know how shitty them had treated him and that their actions had made him a bitter and lonely man and that he died all alone and miserable.

What I have always seen the most unhappy and bitter people are the selfish people. If he was selfless, he would have wanted to give his love to another woman, to maybe other children she had, to allow his children to come back to him thinking of their welfare. But he wanted to hold on to his bitterness, because his focus was all on him.

Yes, the ex-wife and his children wronged him. But just because they were shitty to him, doesn't mean he was a great human being either. His teenage children mistreated him, but he as an adult and a father (father to child devotion is supposed to be on a much higher level than the reverse) gave them a lifetime of remorse and pain in the way they treated him as teenagers. He bit back hard!

cub4acougarcub4acougaralmost 6 years ago
sad

i hope the kids will have the morals of their real father not their mother and the asshole but i doubt it

hopefully their spouses will do to the kids what their mother did to their father so that they can feel the pain he had

how thw kids could be around their mother after they heard her say that he was a wife beater is beyond my comprehension but considerring that the mother was a saint in their eyes makes it seem believable

personally i hope their lives turn to shit

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I'd have hired hookers to seduce the kids spouses

and sent them all photos

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Dear Anonymous dipshit

You called DD a

"Sick and pathetic loser author

You're a sad fucking cunt."

The only one here fitting that description is you.

Now grow up, get a job, and stop being such a dim cunt.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Well written so 2 star forgiveness is OK But learning a lesson in life is sometimes very painful

Kids need lessons and not behaving as mother and step father

Morals doesn't give you a free pass when you break your vows and stomp on person who you wronged

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
This story is so good it will break your heart

The mother in the story should have her ass kicked. She turned her children against the great man. This poor guy died just wanting love.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
I was wrong

It got bloody fucking sadder. A wonderful read and a monument to family loss and sadness. If there were a trophy for such, it would be retired after this story.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

Sad but very disjointed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

pathetic shit

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Too Dark.

No Justice

Didn't work

Some retribution is Due

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

An after life guilt that will destroy all. Fuck it.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Just as good and sad as the first part! Well Done!!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

THe only thing i hate more than RAACs are these stupid matrydom nonsense. Someone fucks up your entire life beyond repair and you spend the rest of it crying alone hoping someone feels sorry for you. He lived a miserable life for nothing. No one will remember him, no one will care about how shit his life was, the only one who suffered was him, and for no reason. I don't even feel sorry for him , he was a pathetic old man and derserved to live a miserable life. After all he chose it didn't he?

Such a stupid plot

etchiboyetchiboyabout 2 years ago
Dang. Initially gave this 4 stars.

On second read (tears welling up) — 5-stars.

fredbrownfredbrownalmost 2 years ago

This story is sort of "I'll hold my breath until I turn blue and die if I don't get my way, Mama"!

Buck up hero, there just might be more women out there ........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Retribution taken: the children will live with their built for the rest of their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And what did his daughter say about returning all his presents? errrrrrrrrrrrrr. Thought so.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

i would've left them a picture of mom giving Darin a blow while calling the kids snotty nosed little shit.....a tit for a tat

ker63469ker63469over 1 year ago

Loved this. Now if only we had another chapter showing how the kids and ex wife suffered thru life knowing how he died and that they were a large part of it

mazk1098mazk109810 months ago

If I was in MC's place, I'd put a condition in my will, that'd make kids getting their inheritance depending on disclosing what lying a whore their mother is.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Without consequences, values don't matter. What Wendy and Darin did was pure evil. No consequences means no lessons learned. There is no weight to honesty if lying is rewarded. The least Wendy could do is tell her friends she lied and be seen as a pariah. She won't. And Roger should force that issue, but he won't. So that's why he feels stuck. He's never done the right thing when it's hard.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Of the many things that were infuriating about tne plot of this series, maybe the most infuriating was how the MC seemed to just let his bitch of an ex wife do him so wrong without any real consequences.

.

2 **

metal_moonmetal_moon6 months ago

"I was left all alone because I did not have enough money and I vowed that day I would leave you with a lot of money, at least I achieved one goal I set for myself in my lifetime."

Hit so hard

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I won't lie, I laughed. I kept seeing those movie scenes where one spouse is dying, the other spouse is sitting there watching them die, and the killer is ducking down to see the torment in the spouse's eyes (the one not dying, obviously) as the letter goes on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

No stars, for either of these. It's just a man wallowing in sadness for two pages.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

That wife deserves to lead a long miserable life followed by a harsh painful death

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

First story was better. This seemed unnecessary. Maudlin and cloying. Somehow thr father found his peace as he lay dying?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdangerouslydead@dangerouslydead
525 Followers
I write as a part of my anger therapy. It is a stressful world we live in and we can find outlets in different ways. This is mine.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories