All Comments on 'Esther and Me Ch. 04'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 191 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very good !!!!

Excellent work !!!!!! this is one of your best ones .

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
GAWD! I Love A Happy Ending!

You did again, a perfectly enjoyable story. Although some of us "Torch The Bitch" types would have preferred a less bland and amicable divorce. The lack of tears and histrionics on his wife's part made it seem as if she almost willingly traded her marriage for the swinging lifestyle.

OldStormyOldStormyover 13 years ago
Wow!

Well, that did it for me. The absolute best from your pen yet. Even though it was obvious what was going to be the outcome it was still worth the read to confirm it. An extremely well put together story. Who cares what happened to Sarah, she became extraneous to the story. More stories please, and to hell with the nitpickers.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Outstanding

Well written and very enjoyable. The direction was a little predictable. I suspected that Esther had some money and I was right in my guess about the daughter after the first chapter. I do think Catherine was a little cruel on the cruise when she was hanging out with the gay guys. She KNEW Steve was upset about her being with them but she kept stringing him along. That was pretty nasty. His ex wife was a moron. After 30+ years married just deciding that she has the right to go fuck a bunch of guys is beyond stupid. And she didn't think she had done anything wrong, which was a little unbelievable. I was glad he had the opportunity to tell her off. I would have liked to have seen some repercussions ripple through her fuck buddies. But it was a good story about moving on after a betrayal. Granted, most people aren't lucky enough to meet an Esther but even if she hadn't been rich it would have been a great story. Esther was a great old gal.

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

Jasonhh has already pointed out some stuff that had occurred to me. I have little to comment on chapters 1-3, which is a GOOD thing, by the way. =)

As for the cruise. First of all, this was supposed to be a romantic cruise for Steve and Esther, wasn't it? Yes, Steve hurt his ankle and was practically bedridden, which puts a damper on things. But Esther DID offer to stay with him, AND Steve told her to enjoy herself without him (but not in the cheating sense, ofcourse, which is entirely weird to have to explain). BOTH of them are considerate of eachother.

UNTIL Esther starts hanging out with Don and his buddies. Not only does she dance with them much more than Steve wants her to (and lets her know), she also lets them see her topless from VERY close-up. Like, right next to her. Does a woman completely let her guard down, forget her modesty and reticence as soon as she knows a guy is gay? Seems to have happened with Esther.

Worse, when Steve tells her about her spending too much time with Don and his buddies, she tells STEVE off. And this was supposed to be a romantic cruise for them?

Steve's complaint was that she was spending so much time with them, and not with him, on top of his fear that Don and his buddies were trying to cozy up to Esther.

And that is all swept aside by Esther's statement that they were gay? That makes her ignoring him and telling him off all OK? Much of this drama could have been prevented if Esther had had the common sense to say that they were gay BEFORE all of that, especially given her history with her ex and cruises.

But even then, what if these weren't gay men, but a whole bunch of female BFF's? What if Esther had ignored Steve and spent all of her time with other women? "Don't worry Steve, they're all gay!" doesn't seem to work then, does it?

No, what she did was cruel, and thoughtless at best.

(It doesn't help that I really thought Esther did all that as a belated revenge fantasy against her ex husband...)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I kind of missed reading your stuff.

Unless I missed seeing your name on the list over the last couple of months, until this serial of stories hit, you had not put anything up for awhile. This was an enjoyable read. The only thing that was a little off base was the nonchalant attitude that the ex-wife had about the whole swinging decision she made behind his back in the earlier chapters. It's hard to imagine that she felt that even if she got caught, their years together would buy her a free pass. As some body else said, a little more discussion about the ramifications the ex and her group of friends had might have been good to read as well. But I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing! Ohio, USA

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great!!!

Loved each and every chapter!!!

kieberskiebersover 13 years ago
Excellant

Great story, and will be one of the best you have written. And while I knew, once she was introduced, that Esther would pass on, it still managed to cause a slight watering of the eyes...LOL Thank you so much for the time and effort you put in to your work it is greatly appreciated.

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

.............Ignore my previous comment. Or, at least, replace all the word "Esther" with "Catherine". I cannot believe I made such a huge mistake. I got too caught up in replying, that I used the wrong name, gah.

My apologies.

(Also, after re-reading my own comment, I'm changing my position about Catherine. She's not cruel, merely thoughtless and inconsiderate.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
All I can say is...

wonderful. I enjoyed all of the story, characters, dialogue, plot, etc, etc.

It was a great series and I was sorry to see it end. It was easily your best story.

Michael

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Very, Very Good.

I did get worried when the husband and wife went on the cruise. But apart from that a very good read. It kept my attention right up to the end. Thank you for writing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it!!

Wonderful, from start to finish! You are one of my top 3 or 4 on this site and I always look forward to your stories. Bravo!

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
The Gay Guys on the Cruise Ship was a bit off...

It wasn't credible. But the story overall was first rate.

curioussscuriousssover 13 years ago
Good Story

One or two previous comments summed up a couple of my misgivings (the Cruise, etc.) but overall this is a good story, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

You're still improving - please keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good Story

Kind of hard to read with tears in my eyes about Esther passing. I enjoyed all chapters, except I was just about ready to quit reading when they were on the cruise. Gay Dancer. I didn't see that one coming.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
I enjoyed

Glad to see I am not the only softy with the death of Esther getting me teared up. Which says good writing creating a really good character that reminds me of my family. Overall good read. Keep up the writing because I will keep reading and enjoying.

chytownchytownover 13 years ago
Great Story!!!!!!!!

From start to finish!!. "Thank You For A Great Read"

toesmantoesmanover 13 years ago
Great work

You just keep getting more accomplished as an author. This is clearly one of your best to date. Very romantic feel overall; and like others, I got choked up at Esther's death {I just lost a very dear friend of many years}. Interesting to talk about the town squares. Some years ago, my wife & I looked at a "retirement" area called the Villages. Interestingly enough, my sister-in-law, who lives in Orlando told us about the scandal there, several years ago, when there was a public heath alert about the oldsters spreading around STD's. I guess there is still some fire in the boilers after all. Made me smile when he questioned Sarah about getting checked out for any STD, since she was obviously doing it bare-back. Keep writing, I look forward to every new posting from you.

movermoverover 13 years ago
Thank You

Marvelous story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 13 years ago
Wow! SP has learned how to write.

I think this series is one of the best on the site. Living well is the best revenge, and this couple has it figured out. Can't help but love Esther - what a character! SP's first few stories were pretty rough, but this one is excellent.

bobby9909bobby9909over 13 years ago
Another good Job, Slirpuff.

I enjoyed the whole story. Interesting twist, placing the story in a retirement village...

In short, Sarah was discovered, dealt with, and dispatched. But do you wonder where she went and what happened to her after the divorce? Perhaps she could be the focus of a short story?

Thanks for a great series...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The GAY...

twist was just too easy for me.

cpetecpeteover 13 years ago
Fiction or Real life

Fine story!

I agree with Bobby9099 that the wife Sarah POV would make a nice compainion short story-on a parellell track as to this story. Sarahs side of the coin

One section in Chapter 2 where Sarah is warned about STDs from hubby-I was reading one of my wifes medical mags and there was a section about Health Care providers needing to add STD tests in routine blood checks for residents in retirement communities. With the little blue pill STDs are "...at an astronomical rate in compareison to the past decade among seniors..." Add in that adult entertainment is on the internet/cable/sat TV and swapping ads on Craigslist -so no longer does Grandma/Grandpa even need to go to the video store anymore.

Truth following fiction-or Fiction following Truth

Thanks for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wonderful story

I almost dropped to a 4 because of the cruise, but the rest of the story made up for it. I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering how Sarah will be spending her "golden years" with all of the wonderful loving friends she's made, 'nough said. Might be worth a postscript.

I've meet someone like, ok similar to at least, Esther and after a couple of bad marriages this lady made sure that a very wonderful woman and I were steered in the right direction. We've been together 21 years now and like our "hero" I make sure to say a thank you to that lovely lady.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
One of SP's best stories

The writing was certainly better than most other stories by this author. Only a few mistakes, and they did not detract from the story. I think a lot of the story was original. The author definitely has some interesting ideas. Thanks for writing.

C_frommnC_frommnover 13 years ago
Excellent

Loved It!!

one of the best story on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Dayum!!

You do realize that this website is all about erotic literature right? Hence the name, Literotica. You had me invested into this story line. I just had to read it all the way through. I have to admit something to you. I teared up. Yep, you read that right. Me, a big guy, in his 40's...I teared up when Esther passed on. I knew it was coming. It's not like your storyline hid any of it's facets from us. Everything was well telegraphed beforehand. No real surprises. Even the tremendous wealth was pretty obvious ($22 MILLION dollars? WOWSA!!). Anyways, great storyline. Thx for sharing such an interesting piece of fiction. And if it isn't fiction, can I borrow/have a couple hundred thousand?

TE_RossTE_Rossover 13 years ago
Outstanding!

It's difficult for dialog to carry a story, but this story would have been hollow without the richness and naturalness of the dialog. This is one excellent piece of storytelling.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Well thought out tale.

I admit that I was about ready to leave the ship and Catherine and that I found it irritating that just the word gay solved everything. How many gays are bi? You mean with all the guys dancing with her no one tried to hit on her? Unlikely. It Slirrpuff's shoes I would have had him come back from the cruise with the ring in his pocket and then Esther would have had an even more important role in getting them together....

Thanks I really enjoyed this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Sarah?

An epilogue or a comment on what happened to Sarah would have concluded the story.

DeckviewDeckviewover 13 years ago
Excellent story, but Sarah?

Enjoyed from beginning to end. But Sarah was never filled out as a character, and no closure at the end that included telling us what happened to her. With Sarah pretty much a cartoon character, the foundation for the story was weakened. Still, a great read. Thank you.

cpetecpeteover 13 years ago
Spinoff

This story-fine as it was-cry's out for a "spinoff"-Sarah's story.

SP has a lot to work with-the wife Sarah getting bored at home, a tipsy lunches with her girlfriends and the "naughty" stories they tell. Girlfriends telling Sarah to "live a little".....and off we go.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Agree with Deckview but even more so....

....no interest for me in reading about rebound loves, especially when no closure of any degree with the reason i started reading. Still a well written and thought out story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
solid tale

This was a good read overall, touching and romantic in just the right measures. Sure it was a little predictable, but that's not such a bad thing.

The only detractor was your quotation mark virus. Many times I had to stop and reread because a descriptive paragraph was set up like someone's dialog. Mostly that's the editor in me, but one good proofread should clear up a lot of that. Another solid Slirpuff tale!

Metheus in ME

katranmankatranmanover 13 years ago
A finish?

Well written and a fine story. I do, however agree with the others about the lack of closure with Sarah. That needed to be included, at least how Steve's marriage affected her and what her reaction to how he handled her cheating actually was. Another chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

writer's block or vacation?

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Great story

Thanks for a great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Five Stars!

Thanks. I loved it! A final resolution with Sarah would have made it perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
entire series was...

excellent. Definitely one of your best, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Did I miss something or does Steve have two wives

I might have missed a chapter but I never read about a divorse. The last thing I read was that he wasn't going to divorse her because of money issues...

VickieTernVickieTernover 13 years ago
Well!

At Chap 2 it was a well-turned infidelity story, with the ...err loving wife at last replaced by a well-matched hot girlfriend. Who knew it would become a mature love story, with two people who care resolving all their issues and finding there never were any, and an 88 year Momma Cupid dying happy that her work is done? Esther is an utterly memorable character, but Steve -- among the many betrayed husbands in this area of Literotica -- is an exceptionally well-balanced one. It's nice to be reassured that there are such. Congratulations! Lovely!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great!

Thanks for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Author - one of your much better stories.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
BIGAMY!

Good job Slirpuff!

I like the story a lot!

That said, he never got divorced!

I believe his ex-wife´s lawyer will be soooo happy!

gcg41gcg41about 13 years ago
GREAT STORY

I ENJOYED THIS STORY FROM THE BEGGING TO THE END WELL DONE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Your tales vary from very good to fabulous, this comes under fabulous.

Being of the older generation myself,

it is good to be reminded that satisfying sex does not finish at 35!!

Well done.

KyuzioKyuzioabout 13 years ago
Once again, you show me why you are one of my favorite authors....

Great characterization in Esther! A great story!

OldStormyOldStormyabout 13 years ago
To 'Anonymous re 'Bigamy'.

Though not spelled out I think if you read chapter 2, page 4 about half way down that the 'divorce' was covered be the settling up they did in that para. Remember, it is a story, not a test to see what points you can pick up.

Cheers,

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
Um.

Interesting to set it in a retirement village. Points for that.

But you are writing them as if they are wild Boomers. The generational feel didn't work for me. Not at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great story but happy ending?

Very good, even great, story made so by some of Slirpuff's best character development that I've read, especially Esther. My only problem is with the supposed "happy ending". Catherine put up enough red flags during that cruise that it made Steve look like a moron for forgetting everything that she'd done for three days just because she was laying beside him in a dock chair when he woke up from a drunken stupor. When Catherine gave her explanation about the gay dance instructor fiasco, Steve first question to her should have been "How did you find out?". You see, a man usually finds out that another man is gay because the gay guy hits on him. With a woman, a gay guy is not going to hit on her so you do the math. Obviously, Steve didn't. Throw in the fact that she ended up very wealthy, seemed very controlling in the end (I think her quote to Steve was "I just didn't want to step on your masculinity without first asking you") and I'd say old Steve has himself another divorce waiting to happen. Of course, that would only be realisticly speaking and we all know that this is just a story.

rdd1953rdd1953almost 13 years ago
great

well i have read all of your stories to this point, and each of them gets better. i have decided after reading several authors on here the best are men over the age of 55. you sir are one of if not the best here. keep up the good work

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Esther

Esther is pure and simple, one of the best developed and interesting characters I've come across on Lit. I'm not too ashamed to admit that I teared up a little when she passed. So, thanks Slirpuff for a really good story.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
I've read this 3 times so far

and it keeps getting better. Thanks again

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
3 times???

you serious?? I don't think I can take ya serious no more dawg...

BTTapBTTapover 12 years ago
Beautiful story

The drama on the boat was probably not necessary, and the whole story series could have been shortened. However, I loved the characters.

The first wife's lack of remorse was galling-to both Steve and me. Her words-that she would quit her cheating, that she loved Steve, and that she really wanted to remain married, that she was just experiencing new things-were so opposite of her behavior in showing almost no remorse or guilt, not begging Steve to come back, and still going out every night and socializing/dancing with her swinging buddies; that the character didn't ring very true. I guess the author wanted Steve to have every reason to make a clean break, but it seemed pretty abrupt. I would have liked to have seen a more "real" first wife, and perhaps more indecision with Steve in that regard. Perhaps the first wife being more of an impediment to the new relationship, rather than the gay dance instructors, would have been a better dramatic device. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the tale-maybe your best work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Wait a minute

That ugly detour on the cruise had her being so cold, unfeeling, inconsiderate that it was totally out of character for Catherine. It's almost like it was cut and pasted out of a different story, and one about a totally heartless bitch. For me, that behavior continues to be a glitch in the happily ever after portion of this story. Gay pals or not, her being that way without regard to his feelings would be a deal killer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Enjoyable story, but ...

This was a great story with an unusual plot, being in a retirement community and the way in which our main character ended up there. Saying that, like the past Anon commenter, I thought Catherine's treatment of him on the cruise pretty cold and enough to end the relationship. Doesn't matter if she didn't intend on having sex with them - her ignoring him a few times like she did would have been enough.

Esther was a great character. Sympathetic in her way, loyal, and carring. Loved her.

MadBrownMadBrownalmost 12 years ago
GREAT STORY BUT?

Very well written but, I too did not care for the insensitive manner she treated him on the ship. After all, he had already been shit on by his former wife and she was well aware of that. As far as Don being gay, he found entirely too much time to be around Catherine. Any man who was in love with a woman would naturally be suspicious of this sort of attention from another man, gay or not. Maybe he was bi-sexual .

hoosier76hoosier76over 11 years ago

Best story I've read in a long time! Thanks

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
and the fucking cheating cunt

and the fucking cheating cunt has a strange cock and that is it! hardly a fair trade but the bitch deserved the loss. bye bye cheating cunt and hubby is worth 22 million now.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
FANTASTIC ALL THE GOOD GUYS WIN

and love is always easier the second time around with a little communication. TK U MLJ LV NV

phil2213phil2213about 11 years ago
Great story BUT!

I'm on the bandwagon with other readers who commented about Catherine's behavior on the cruise ship. The insensitivity of being with your true love spending time with others just doesn't cut it. I felt the author blew it on this issue, which ruined the story or at least, detracted from it severely. Personally, I would have left the cabin first and I would've left for home first opportunity. The cruise behavior killed the story to no end....sprained ankle...dancing with other men... fraternizing with other men. I was very generous in giving this story 4 stars which it barely dwarves.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
I agree that Catherine was insensitive on the cruise.

She knew that his wife had crapped on him and she should have been more sensitive to that fact. And letting Don hang around her tits, even if he was gay (and she neglected to tell our hero that) was quite insensitive, also. That might have been a deal-breaker, easily.

Sarah got off with no revenge except losing her husband and her meal ticket. No revenge for fucking all those old men and some of the women and she was never sorry until after he told her off loudly. And he never did a thing to all the old farts that were fucking his wife, he should have thought of something to fuck them up. I loved the story except for what I just mentioned. Thank you for writing. Esther was a trip!

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
Good story

He didn't take back the cheating spouse that has to count as a major plus in the LW category.

Catherine's behavior on the cruise makes no sense and should have been left out. That section caused me to give this chapter a 4 rather than a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
OneBrainCell would love to

smoke cansellyou's pindick, but euchunoids don't have genitals so that is out of the question.

Strap-on time baby!

Samhain8415Samhain8415over 10 years ago
Envelope ?

What was in the envelope?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Might be your best. Well written. Five stars. Would have liked to see the wife suffer a bit more, not revenge wise, but growing old alone and full of regrets.

OldpartOldpartover 10 years ago
well written

But is about all I can see good about this story. A wimp husband, no wonder the wife wanted to swing. Gays can't get it up for a woman? A weak part of the story, but maybe fits the wimp persona. A waste of time reading it for me but since it is very well written I did not vote what I thought of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

What happened to the ex?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Catherine THE CUNT ... why you ask .....

The Bitch "knew" Don & friends were gay ... YET .. she conveniently failed to mention that "little" tidbit to Steve for days knowing he had been deceived by "another" WHORE in the past and would be watching for the same actions in the future. Plus her previous cruise with her "ex" ended in the same way for her as Steve .... still, since it wasn't her being shit on this time it was ok to flirt like a two dollar whore in front of her "supposed" boyfriend!

COME ON SLIRPUFF .. The CATHERINE "THE CUNT" knew what she was doing when she wore her "teny, tiny bikini" and flirted with the same men over & over with no regard for Steve's feelings .... Hell, the truth is ... She didn't care either way!

But once again it's the man's fault for not understanding and forgiving the woman's deceits!!

TOO MANY AUTHORS DO THEIR DAMNEST TO GIVE "COVER" TO THE UNFAITHFUL WOMEN IN THEIR STORIES WITHOUT REGARD FOR THE MEN WHO GET SCREWED OVER.

RAAC AT ALL COST ..... right SLIRPUFF?!?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Hmmm

On the one hand, I'm a big fan of BTB stories. On the other hand....I hear the best revenge is living well. C'mon guys....he ended up with a hotter, wealthy woman who loves him enough to dedicate herself to him, and him alone. He gets someone to put all his faith and love into, without fear of loss. The ex wound up with cheap sex and multiple partners who could care less about her personally, and logically, will end up alone for the remainder of her days. I reckon that's about as crushing a defeat and as bitter an end as anyone could ever get, anything more would be overkill. I commend the author for ending it well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wow!

Any story that makes this old logger cry automatically gets 5 stars.

This one got 5 stars.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Sarah got off way too easy

She manipulated Steve into selling that house that he loved just so she could cheat on their marriage. She deserved to end up with nothing, and Steve should have gotten at least the opportunity to choose to get back his house.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago

Excellent story. 5 stars!!!!

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Reread the Cruise scene

Sorry...she would have and should have been history. She was blatantly deceptive and lacked all empathy. At first, she was justified in her behavior. Guy was pushing her to enjoy herself while he was laid up. Honorable behavior on his part...honorable behavior on her part.

HOWEVER, one thing stood out as glaring: She essentially told him to fuck off about all her clothing choices. Okay...she isn't a twenty something wife. I can see that...sort of. She was establishing boundaries for herself as a person. While I wouldn't like it much, it is understandable. And if we are playing the 'boundary game' she has no kick coming when I set some up of my own.

Which he did, telling her to stop playing with Donny boy and his crowd, she again told HIM he was being a jerk, don't move, I want to be with you. It didn't happen once.

It happened on the topless deck (where she swore Steve would be next to her. So much for THAT)

It happened the third night at the dance club when Steve set a boundary and she stomped right on over it, dancing with whomever the fuck she wanted to will he or nil he. Boundaries are for men to respect, not women. At least this tends to be a trait I sometimes see in your writing, Slirpuff.

AND...here is the thing. As noted by a prior poster, who CARES if they are gay? She was essentially telling Steve "I found someone ELSE to have fun with and I really don't need to attend to you at all." It could have been girlfriends constantly going shopping. It could have been her going to Limbo classes to the extent that Steve felt essentially abandoned. She blew him off and told him he was unimportant...twice in a very hurtful way.

Because he was pretty clear. He made it PERFECTLY PLAIN that he did not like her hanging around with THOSE MEN. She didn't care. Read that again: She didn't care.

And...not to put too fine a point on it, we only have her word that they were gay. Was Don checking out Steve's package? Was he saying "Oh Steve...you need some company. We should play a lot of cards since you are laid up like this. Let me keep you busy." No. Because a GAY MAN would be after another man, not sitting ALONE on a topless deck oogling a topless woman. And the first time Steve blew up at Don on the topless deck about 'memorizing every pore on Catherine's tits', a DECENT gay man would have self identified himself or respectfully bowed out. He didn't and PUSHED the issue by inviting her to the ruin! And Dancing. And...well, you get the point. So Don was an asshole, gay or not!

Slirpuff...this was forced writing to create a problem. Reading it dry, the readers have a right to be incensed. You doubled down on the mistake by having him THAT NEXT NIGHT give her the ring. No conversations and she is flaunting herself to all and sundry AGAIN! It made the protag look desperate and weak.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
the cruise

The cruise would have ended being a couple for me, she knew what caused his divorce and still played games.

Even Esther thought she went too far.

Were they gay ?

Would a gay man be "memorizing every pore on her breasts."?

She was too uncaring about what he felt to marry her or even keep as a serious girlfriend.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Cruise

I have to agree with those who want to take Catherine to task over her gay friends.

As soon as she saw that Don was uncomfortable with all the attention they were giving her she should have said a) I'm sorry for neglecting you and b) you don't have to worry, they are gay.

And as someone said, for gay guys they were AWFULLY interested in her!

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
KarenE...

Usually I agree with KarenE, and still do, but I took her ship behavior, like a test for both of them...And it made them stronger...Very goos story...5 *...Thank you

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 9 years ago
highs and lows and highs

You really put me through the wringer with the cruise guys, but I finished the story with a smile so all's forgiven.

Great story, one of my favs, thanks for sharing.

Jason

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
not buying

Gay men would hit on him, not spend all their time staring at the woman that he is with.

What proof that any of her dancing partners were actually gay was given?

Her word to him about the topless sunbathing deck: "don't worry, you'll be right next to me."

So why did he search half the ship only to find her there with another man not him?

Her word is not worth enough to trust her to keep her vows, or to blindly believe that those men were gay.

The cruise was intended to be a romantic getaway for the two of them, but she seemed too interested in getting away from him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loved It!!!!!!

I found this story a novelty to "Loving Wives". You've had quiet a few good stories. I have to say this is the best one I've read yet. Being of the age of your characters, I can say I found myself easily pulled into to it. What I found very enjoyable was, the story did not follow the typical cheating, love/hate format. This was truly a Romance and left me feeling good at the end. I would like to see more of this type of story from you. "BRAVO"

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
no btb

not enought btb he should of kicked her to the curb right away she did not even say she was sorry and would only stop if he wanted her to and when on ship she should of told him that the guys were gay right off instead of asking what is wrong with him

phil2213phil2213about 9 years ago
One of the best by far...Totally dramatic and entertaining.

Definitely an easy Five Stars plus! Loved the characters and the drama on the cruise ship was over the top(WTF). After Sarah, I thought this poor fellow had enough grief and then this Author recovers us poor readers by letting us in on the simple fact that Catherine's potential suiters' were in fact GAY. NOT VERY NICE TI SANDBAG YOUR READERS!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
@ phil2213

Assuming that they really were gay, but we all know where assuming will get us.

Seriously I have my doubts about that, why would a gay man spend so much time staring at her boobs?

phil2213phil2213about 9 years ago
@twOcrOws

The issue can only imply speculation on my part or any other readers. The issue can only be addressed by Slirpuff with any degree of certainty. I humbly defer to Slirpuff on this matter. However, your taking issue with this only intensifies the obvious drama Slirpuff was perhaps anticipating. However, I am not the person to answer to this dilemma as previously stated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
@TwOCrOws

Read it then went back to make sure. See the fact is that his writing was brilliant in it's use of Steve's mentality. He doesn't like to share and has a slightly jealous streak when his women is approached especially after the situation with his wife. While it only mentioned that Don was looking at Catherine it was Steve's view that Don was staring at her boobs, reading through you can make the obvious intended deduction that Steve's possessive jealous side make him believe Don was doing so while Don was merely having a conversation while being engaged with Catherine. Now not to try to lay stereotypes but he saw 2 men return with her from shopping, never in my life have I seen straight men who enjoy shopping which eludes to the gay vibe. You need to read into the story line instead of just taking in the tidbits.

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Why would a gay man spend so much time staring at her boobs?

He could have been envious...

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42about 9 years ago
WOWWWWEEEEEE............

Even better through the third read. Just totally super story. Thank you

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Gay or not

The fact is, she was EXTREMELY disrespectful in completely ignoring him while playing with her new friends. She wanted to have a good time with them, and didn't give a shit about his objections. Unless she is utterly clueless, or totally self absorbed, she KNEW he was upset at being brushed off, and at all the attention she was desperately seeking from those men, so WHY didn't she tell him they were gay, long before she did? What did he see? He saw her flirting with those guys, he saw them with their arms around her, he saw Don openly staring at her breasts, he saw that she sought Don's company over his, time and again. What conclusion should he have reached? She went on the cruise with Steve, so, if she had ANY sense of decency, she would have spent her time with him, instead of ditching him at every available opportunity, to be with other supposedly gay men. After all, he only has HER word that they were gay, despite all appearances saying otherwise. I don't think she was doing anything with them other that desperately seeking to be the center of male attention, but she was hugely, and knowingly, (Unless she's an idiot), disrespectful to Steve. That in itself would be enough for a parting of ways!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

@cpete Re: Sarah’s side? What side? Her friends were into swinging, she was interested in trying it, and instead of TALKING to her husband about it, she just goes ahead and fucks some other guys! I’m SURE that she would be interested in HIS side if he started screwing other women behind HER back!

Re: The cruise. It STARTS out basically okay, with her not dancing any slow dances, though her comment that she hadn’t “had that much fun in ages” is a little troubling; what does that say about the amount of fun she has been having with Steve? The next night at the club when she left him at the table for TWO HOURS was a bit much, and what was a GAY guy doing with his arm around her? If it was innocent (which it WOULD be if he was really gay), why would he suddenly remove it when Steve walked up? And why were they upset at him and plying her with drinks if they weren’t trying to get into her pants?

While she was right that he could have left her a note (just because she was passed out was no reason not to), when he found her, instead of calling him a “jerk” she could have told him THEN that they were gay. And when they got back together after he walked the ship he missed ANOTHER opportunity to tell him! Even without the other issues, it’s common courtesy to ask a lady’s escort his permission before asking her to dance, and a lady doesn’t dance with another man if her escort objects – and that’s if they’re just on a casual date, never mind an exclusive couple!

And again, yes they are at least supposedly gay, but HE doesn’t know that, and they certainly SEEMED to be hitting on her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I'm in total agreement with what krosis666 wrote, on 06/22/15.

She damned well KNEW what he'd recently gone through with his ex and yet, when he bought that romantic trip for THE TWO OF THEM, she treated him like he was a wall flower at a high school dance and, even when he objected, was too fucking dense and insensitive to pick up on the fact that he was right. He nailed her with that door key card speech and the dumb cunt STILL didn't get it? I wouldn't have gotten drunk that night and she would never have gotten that engagement ring because I'd have been off the ship at the next port of call and on the next plane back to Florida.

Gay my ass. Men pick up on gays and Don came onto 'Kate' aggressively, ignoring and showing NO interest in Steve. It's far more likely that he was bi-sexual and had every intention of putting the meat to Kate and sending her back to the cripple with her cunt full of his cum. In any case, there was no fucking excuse for the way she treated the man she came aboard to dance with. If that had been me, what she did and the way she acted would have ruined the whole trip. My self-defense barriers would have been fully engaged and I'd have been done with her. She was acting worse than his ex did by betraying their marriage when she fucked all those men... and then talking as if it was no big fucking deal.

That's another thing in this story.... What happened to that cunt? Where's the payback when bottom falls out for her.. when she's one of the three desperate whores competing for every one man.. many of whom are non-functional or just aren't worth the bother? She arrived with a dependable and faithful performer but stupidly ended up becoming just another common pass around pussy who got publicly shot down when her husband loudly embarrassed the shit out of her in front of the whole community. That was NO WHERE NEAR enough punishment for what she'd done. Her group of swingers should have found out that a new member had infected them with AIDS and he could ask her 'What if I hadn't found out that you were sharing my pussy with all those other men you were fucking and had still been with you? You'd have infected me with AIDS, wouldn't you?" Then he could have continued, "Your family must be proud of you. I'm sure our kids are. What a legacy they can pass on to their kids, "My Mother, The Slut, Cheated on Dad and Got AIDS.""

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A Rotten Trick

Slirp has created a truly bristling character in Esther. She snaps, crackles, and pops off the page even if her words did go quite a bit overboard now and again (Lucy and her "black ass", wtf). At any rate, even though she seemed somewhat larger than life, her natural contrast to the moribund tone of most every other personality really did save the day, so to speak.

Others have mentioned the gay dancers incident on the cruise ship. One can understand the need from a plot development point of view to have some curveballs thrown to the divorced hubby and Esther's daughter, Catherine, but it was sorely mismanaged.

Why make Catherine out to be so arrogant, careless, and heartless? The reader is constantly lead on with her flirting, dirty dancing, and drinking with the hunky younger men. This goes on and on and is whipped into an enormous soul wrenching, toxic froth before she blithely reveals, Surprise, They're Gay, You Fucking Moron!!

That was a very low blow. It is a manipulative and cheap psychological parlor trick. I started skimming at that point and swooped in to read this and that paragraph; rings, marriage, Esther, nurses, death, $22 mill, bla bla bla.

Sorry, I don't appreciate that type of gutshot.

And ex-wifey really deserved a massive, soul-crushing smackdown. But all she gets is a few extra decibles....what?

I'd say that Slirp switched midstream from Columbian to Maui Wauwi.

IrfonIrfonalmost 8 years ago
One of your Best....

Really enjoyed it - Thanks !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great

THANK YOU for a great story it was very enjoyable reading and I hope you keep writing, Again, thank you!

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
HOW DOES ONE SAY GOODBYE

to one Hell of a feisty Lady. TK U MLJ LV NV

CarnilliaCarnilliaalmost 8 years ago
Good but...

I agree with those who said that the cruise part os badly written.

It makes no sense that they men were gays. Gays men don't acti like they did. And even so, they way she acted knowing what he had gone through what totally thoughtless and I would had been a deal breaker for me.

I also was waiting for a bit more of info about the final destiny of cheating slut.

Well written and interesting but some major plotholes for me.

IndyOnIndyOnover 7 years ago
Great Story!

Very good story and well written with lots of emotion so you get a 5 from me...The comment below from Carnillia only gets a 1...Car....You need an editor! The men were gay...not gays. Gay men don't act....not gays men don't act....And even so they way she acted should be the way she acted.....he had gone through what totally thoughtless should be was totally thoughtless.....and I would had been a deal breaker should be and it would have been a deal breaker,,,,and finally plotholes should be plot holes. It amazes me how often both authors and commenters don't re-read what the type before posting and should at least take advantage of Word for it's spell check and grammar editor...Go Figure! Nice job Slirpuff.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Very entertaining.

Only wish I could have found out how the nearly 60 year old whore enjoyed being a cheap well worn piece of ass in her old age!

What a stupid bitch!

While I felt that part of the story lacking, the slut was totally overshadowed by the other players!

Very good story!

cap5356cap5356over 7 years ago
the best

this is the best story i have read on here. u have to feel for the guy in the beginning when his then wife pulls that bullshit on him and he isn't the wiser to what is going on around him. then he meets up with his going to be mother in law and his life does a complete 180 and she opens his eyes to what is really going on in his life. like she said she had plans for him and so glad they worked out in the end. keep writing.

IrfonIrfonover 7 years ago
Still terrific....

.....even after several readings !!

It has a 'feel good' factor that cheers me up every time.

Thanks Slirpuff.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous