All Comments on 'The Country Cop'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Another winner

This is another in a series of interesting, different short stories. I'm always happy to see anything new from this writer.

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Got to agree ... this one is a winner

Enjoyed the suspense and wondered when the axe would fall on Chilly. I have to admit the ending was better than I imagined.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
AAAWW yes

life in the small towns . This writer is pretty close on mark, different folk same stories. Pretty well done I might add...too bad those times are almost gone except for some pretty remote places

tastethejuicetastethejuiceover 13 years ago
What Can I say

Never a truer word, country cops run rings around their city counterparts, but yesterday was always better when we were growing up. The cop in the town I grew up in was every young fellas "uncle" and was treated as so, with a firm grip if you were stupid enough to get on the wrong side of the law. Well done.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
bucolic bollocks

Yep, small towns we all get sentimental about, decades later, after running away as fast our feet could carry us.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
IN THE OLDE DAYS

that was how it was supposed to be and It Was. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
BRILLIANT TALE

having lived in country villages for many years can vouch for when city coppers arrived and started shoving people around like they did in towns they were soon put right as to how things were in a village and they soon learnt if they wanted villagers to co-operate otherwise they got nothing...no help...no warnings ...no respect...they either changed their ways or soon headed off back to the towns...

BlakkdannBlakkdannalmost 2 years ago

I remember the story about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. After dreaming up Sherlock Holmes, he actually took on some high profile cases and solved several. However, he admitted some defeat on a minor break in. While he was still analyzing the evidence, the local bobby had located the perpetrator and arrested him and tossed him in gaol!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Undeniable talent to explain real life. WOW!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
1284 Followers
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

SIMILAR Stories