All Comments on 'Choices Made'

by Vulcez

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments
PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Closure never happens....

....at least this sweetly!

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Great Short Story

Essentially the whole story of their life, past and future, were laid out in a few words. The stupidity of Pookie is amazing! And Mike has followed the confusion with a Live Well.....

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Very Good.

What's that saying? "The best revenge is to live WELL" Mike is doing just that. The ex-wife was really, really, stupid.

Anyway this story was a very good read. Well done.

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

Wow, I think I would've reacted the same way as Mike did.

I was a tiny bit surprised when Mike told Gretchen to just leave that bastard after she said how she was watched and treated, instead of just shrugging or something. Then I remembered that they had a lot of good years together.

But to take her back, or even help, after just up and disappearing? Nah, Mike was right with that tirade. She made her bed and now she has to lie in it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 13 years ago
this could of been a REALLY good story

but the ending is way too short and waaaaaaay too silly. Sufre its good to see Mike figure out and POINT out what a self centered cunt the wife is... but it all happens way too soon.

Dont get me wrong it is a good story and I see how the the author was going for some sort of symmetry. But the wife's actions are so outragous and so sudden is the break that this story needs much more " depth" and background.

the billionaire the wife took up with doesnt let her use a cell phone to call her own kids? does anyone with half a fucking brain believe that?

ohioohioover 13 years ago
I think I agree with

all the commenters before me. It is a strong story, emotionally powerful and packing a very satisfying revenge for the husband (and the sympathetic reader). But I also think that Harry is right: a less abrupt wind-up for the story could have made it even better.

Thanks, ohio

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Great story

Thanks enjoyed that one

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Really good for what it is.

This is perhaps the best, non-violent, "torch-the-bitch" story I've read in years. It was also concise -- the readers are usually smart enough to read between the lines without the necessity for a lot of detail -- and that made it even better. Well-written and to-the-point. Vulcez must have done well in debate class. Thanks for writing.

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 13 years ago
Classic...

'the grass is greener — NOT' story. Or perhaps 'buyers remorse' might better describe it. But a lovely thought. She got her lifestyle of the rich and jaded, but lost everything else. And it was a fine twist in the story when the new girl came in to claim her treasure. Loved the digs that Pamela got in as well... Alas, Gretchen knows that she is not a fond memory for (what was) her family!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Good!

Really enjoyed the story! The cheating ex-wife appeared to have gotten herself caught up in a near "slavery" situation while searching for the easy life. Too bad! Her old family is better off without her! Thanks for sharing. Ohio, USA

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well done - glad to see another slut wife bite the dust.

Great submission- author.

Mongo837Mongo837over 13 years ago
Great

Needs a chapter 2

kelly_kellykelly_kellyover 13 years ago
Wonderful story...

NO Rambo, NO "connections" with Mafias, NO boxing or karate — A (simple) man/husband — betrayed by the person he loved very much (his wife) — having his "say". Very refreshing story in LW category.

~Kelly~

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Good

The only thing that would have improve the story is if the man would have told his ex-wife to eat shit and die.

Boyd

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Very powerful

I think it is very clever how Mike is almost placed like the reader of the story for a while. Gretchen starts to tell her tale of woe and I felt myself feeling some sympathy for her situation. As Mike says, he was feeling the need to be pulled in to fix things as well. Then he comes to his senses and makes a VERY eloquent speech as to why she is undeserving of his consideration. She hadn't asked about her kids. What kind of mother would not do that first thing? She was responsible for pain for everyone else. She is an adult and is responsible for her own choices. Now the sympathy is all gone. We clearly see the selfish woman that Gretchen is. Then the coup de grace, Pamela walks in and is gracious and loving, all that Gretchen is not. This was a great healing step for Mike. It seems he has been living like this conversation with his wife. He struggles with what had gone wrong and how he was responsible. The epiphany in the conversation was the epiphany in his life as well. Gretchen was the one who did this. It is HER responsibility. And now he is free. Very well done. Some others have suggested taking a little longer to wrap up their conversation. Maybe. But what else needed to be said or proven? Gretchen has been completely unmasked and discarded, Mike is free and has moved on with Pamela. It's well concluded for me.

Sloburn38Sloburn38over 13 years ago
I like it

A really good story, that could be longer. Well written and with a good ending.

mrpmarlowemrpmarloweover 13 years ago
Wonderful

Even though want to know more (like gretchen's later reaction) I must say that this story is more without it. Thank you for a wonderful read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Harry beat me to it ...

The only glaring mistake here was the absolute control of Gretchen by the Billionaire. That made no sense. BTW, why would he settle for a 45 year old when he could a model 25 years younger. Contrary to Gretchen's opinion, there are lots of American women who can speak multiple languages and are sluts.

I still rated your story as a 5 b/c you did such a good job.

Thanks,

Ttom

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Thank you very much.

I am your fan now.

Getting tired of busters like Just Plain Bob, Daniel Q Steel, Winterfrog ....

OldHidekiOldHidekiover 13 years ago
Simple and to the point.

She burt her bridges well.

cpetecpeteover 13 years ago

Vulvez you have spun a fine tale and nice read. Classic short story of the good guy betrayed and beaten down-yet coming back to win and in the ending getting the girl.

In fact this story begs for a follow-up or pre-quel. even a companion piece from the wifes POV would make a great addition.

Thanks for submitting

teh568teh568over 13 years ago
I Agree With 'CPete'

I agree with CPete that this is a good story throughout. I also agree that there should be a follow-up story to this...perhaps from her point of view.

chytownchytownover 13 years ago
Great Read!!!!!

Short and Sweet!!!!!!

katibkatibover 13 years ago
A short story is...

A short story is just that: short. And this one is excellent. It needs no sequel.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Nicely done

A very smooth reading and compact story. Well thought out and edited to make it a pleasure to read.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
she did him a favor

cant fault her. she thinks she is moving up, but she ended up in a lonely cage. 5 stars.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
Well done!

I have no complaints and lots of praise for this story. Every aspect of it was well done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent!

A very well written, creative, and original story. You did an excellent job writing this tale.

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3over 13 years ago
A Great story but no real closure...

given the short exchange. The wife invites him to lunch and then leaves him and never returns or calls her kids? She runs into Mike "accidently" after 3 years to let him know that she is a vitual slave to her lover? While it is possible she fell out of love with Mike and traded up to her lover the whole "I am a prisoner" makes no sense. There are nutty rich people like Howard Hughes but keeping someone a prisoner would make him too vulnerable for the people around him She is a US citizen so all she would have to do is get a text or letter out through her shopkeeper friend. The fact that she talked about only herself first shows that she is still a self-centered bitch.

grogers7grogers7over 13 years ago
Good

Better than "The Letter". Keep writing, I am looking forwards to more of your work

mallahmallahover 13 years ago
An epilogue perhaps?

I think this needs an epilogue, not a chapter two. You could have it begin about twenty years in the future. Either at Brianna's college graduation or at either Pamela's or Mike's funeral. Hiding behind a tree or headstone her children spying her watching and some kind of confrontation. The story itself is self explanatory, it had everything in it. Revenge, anguish, anger, satisfaction and closure. A very good flash story. Please keep writing. Papatoad and dangerously dead should be proud to add you to their ranks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Very Real

Like life. I would like to have heard Gretchen's plea for understanding about how she was "trapped" into and captured in the non-marriage she had with her millionaire kidnapper.

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Give us more more closure!

Great story how about saving Gretchen from her nightmare

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
Very Good Story!

Really enjoyed it. Mike telling Gretchen off was good stuff. Even Pamela got a dig or two in. No need for a second chapter. But maybe a completely separate followup story would be good where the ex-wife redeems herself enough to at least re-connect with the kids. No doubt Mike is better off with out her though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Cold

She was, he wasn't!

You can't love and trust someone for twenty years and, even after they totally without a care in the world walk out on you, not have some feelings. Any guy would want to be supportive but the hurt and anger wins out and three years, betrayal and cold hearted dismissal of her life with him - Nope, not going to happen.

A guy will always have moments where he sadly remembers the good times, and with hurt remembers the coldness and betrayal, the fact that she had been made into a whore - too bad, she deserved it - she got what she asked for - another mans sex.

Because of the children and his twenty years of bliss, this is a sad story - but, well written - Thanks!

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Well concieved and well executed story...

I can almost feel the husbands pain when his wife made her little annoucement. At least he got a measure of revenge with the lawsuit and the final(perhaps) conversation. I would just feel bad for her children.

CyberSearcherCyberSearcherabout 13 years ago
More please

I agree with a few of the comments, you need to save Gretchen from her nightmare and we need to hear Gretchen's plea for understanding about how she was "trapped" into and captured in the non-marriage she had with her billionaire kidnapper.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
good story

also, regarding cybersearcher's comment "you need to save Gretchen from her nightmare"

my recommendation: lock her in a room with a bottle of pills, or a gun with one bullet in it.

well, we do have to respect her freedom to choose don't we?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
I love how once it starts the malice drips slow but sure from husband like a percolating espresso

God ,this hurts to say but Harry was right in pointing out that her being shunted off from contact with her children is not credible. It was too overt a plot device by the author to rally the readers into spurned husband's corner.

If the author made another false step, however, I was not bright enough to catch it. This was a " espresso'' of a short story as in this packs a exquisite , contolled dose of bitterness in such a diminutive amount of space.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Harry is not right

The 'prevented from calling' excuse IS credible. While it is always risky to second guess an author, I would guess that in real life, she never intended it to be a true explanation of why she never phoned. It was an EXCUSE to try to make herself not look so bad. So instead of being not credible, it was a device to further emphasize Gretchen's selfishness. GREAT STORY. Signed - Surreptitious

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHERE DO CHOICES COME FROM

do they originate in the mind or the soul. TK U MLJ LV NV

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

Unfortunatelly I missed this excellent revenge story! Naturaly 5 stars!

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
Believable!

One of Hungarian pop singers who got suicide in the 70s, his mother let him and his sister in Hungary and went to the USA. She did not send any letter to her children. She did not know her son famous star in Hungary! Vulcez stories and a Papatoad last story show true type. Yes there are a little % mothers who desert from her children (and husbands).

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very good & better than "Why?"

This complete and short story is much better than Why Ch 1 which left unanswered questions to be explored in as yet unpublished chapters. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good

I liked it. Still I think you could do another chapter. Great job!

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
This was nicely told!

Everything in it was reasonably realistic.

The husband automatically leaned forward to try to 'fix' things for his ex because that is how he was hardwired for 23 years. Yes, he caught himself but I can see myself being drawn into that almost mistake.

The woman's motives resonated. Women WILL fuck around...but they need a good reason (or what they think is a good reason). Stepping up that high, even with a risk, is something a woman would do. That a man that powerful and rich would not do the right thing by her isn't a reflection upon her, but upon protecting himself. So her predicament also rang true.

And one of the parts I liked the most was this story wasn't fully about revenge (though in her cold bed, I can see that his words would etch into her soul). Instead it is about releasing the bitterness in his soul so he could free himself from a burden. This is much more important for the self then any amount of inflicted pain.

That he could pull a twofer is even better.

I see your resume is light but hope you continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great!

a great short. some may want it expanded, but i like it the way it is.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
RRS?

A Romantic Revenge Story = RRS

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Gretchen's Story?

I would love to see her side, especially the aftermath of remeeting Mike.

Thank you!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Gretchen's story ?

I agree with Mike - fuck her lol!

Short sweet and to the point.

ValerionValerionalmost 12 years ago
Gretchen's Story?!?

The only reason I would want to hear Gretchen's story is the revel in her pain for a while. Fuck her and the horse she rode in on.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 FREE AT LAST...FREE AT LAST

and now onward and upward, TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Excellent

Wonderful. So Gretchen has regrets?

FUCK HER

Gretchen thought she traded up but all she did was become a whore to a billionaire.

Fuck her again.

HA

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
The super Romantic Revenge Situation

I think there are few better feelings when the earlier betrayed boyfriend/husband could meet his ex girlfriend/wife in such situation when she is in unsuccesful future situation with next mate.............and she sees the ex boyfriend/husband is happy!!!!

Fantastic Revenge Situation!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
very interesting

I'm so glad I dont have to read pages for this great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Why?

It seems like everyone paints Gretchen as the "Bad Guy" here. It sounds to me that they both were hoodwinked. Realistically, I bet a very small percentage of people that were in Gretchen's shoes could refuse a glamourous life with an attractive person that with the help of their workplace had put on a full court press. Only to find out later that she could have no contact with her previous life. Be Honest, could you refuse everything you've ever wanted if it was presented to you by an attractive person? Great story and example of "If it seems too good too be true..."

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Why? Are you kidding?

To the anon of "Why" this was not a job opportunity this was a life choice. She didn't consult with her husband or children SHE decided on her own. If she decided on insufficient information too fucking bad for her. She was being pursued for a while before deciding yet kept everyone in the dark. Now she can live her life in a golden cage of quiet desperation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Short

and to the point. love it.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Neutrality

And the most important he reached the neutrality: "For the first time in a long time I felt free. Yes, I felt free and even a bit happy."

-with Pamela................

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Live with other in happyness......................

One of songtracks of a Hungarian movie' "Csinibaba" is this song and the exhusband could sing it if he :spoke Hungarian (Unfortunataly I have not found any English translation of the Lyrics):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO4sxK6c_RE&feature=plcp

The translate of the title is the next "Live with other in happyness.............Very cheerful is the Lyrics with full of sarcasm.........................

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Amazing tale. Brilliantly told and very satisfying. I love the genuine nature of the dialogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More

Write the follow up

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a lot left out

what should be done about the bosses on her job.they help destroy marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
4 * out of 5.

Unfortunately, the first story of yours I read was "How Are You?" and I compare everything else you wrote plus most everyone else's to it too and this comes up short. This would have made a better first draft and then added to it later to clear up some parts. Some more info on the lawsuit against Gretchen's old company would have been good along with having the lawsuit hit the papers. Still an enjoyable read though.

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 10 years ago
Good Story

It all takes place in a store and was less than two hours. Characters are a little one dimensional as we only see then at the store. The real story centers on events that took place in CT when she drops the hammer on him and is running off with a rich low life.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
5* plus

please do more this was great.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 AFTER 3 YEARS OF PAIN AND SUFFERING

he finally gets himself a nut. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
How 'Bout That

The cunt left her husband to be a whore and now feels bad. Screw you whore. You're now paid to be alone in a big house.

Fucking cunt.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

The billionaire playboy sounds like a controlling asshole, which is no less than the ex-wife deserved for that horrible treatment. That said, I would've liked a bit of the story from her point of view to get a better feel for the conversation they had. Did she whine, because things didn't go her way, or did the ex-husband misinterpret her sadness?

sdc92078sdc92078almost 10 years ago
Of course he controls her

He already knows she can't be trusted not to bail the moment something that seems better comes along. He's not going to marry her OR let her wander around on her own. He'll pamper her but keep her on a leash and display her like a show dog.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Funny Thing About Cheaters!

Science can tell you that we are all within .1% of being identical to each other! What is also true is that we all have the same basic needs as humans. Where we get into differences are in our psychological make up. Some of that is due to environmental influences that have caused neurotic issues. Some of that is due to random brain chemistry and some of that is due to personality, and personality disorders. With therapy you can improve on neurosis quite a bit, You can treat brain chemistry issues with drugs to some degree, but you can do next to nothing for personality disorders. Those people think there is nothing wrong with them. In fact they are screwed up and will never change! Do not waste your time on them, if you have gotten involved with one of them, cut them loose and do not waste time mourning the relationship! Kick up your heels and thank your lucky stars! Cheaters are most often people a personality disorder! They will not change! Additionally, the act of cheating is proof that their disorder has exceeded their intelligence. They make poor decisions! This means that they are a bad bet for any type of partnership. Especially marriage. You are better off without them! Did you know that you cannot get a security clearance if you are a cheater? Yup, that's because security specialists have found that once a cheater, always a cheater to be true! It extends to all areas of their lives! So if you have been cheated on, and you have discovered the treachery, cut the scum loose and make sure that everyone you care about knows about the cheater so they do not get screwed over too!

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 10 years ago
Uh huh... and did she listen to herself...?

She lives very very well... her words... and she's a prized whore...

She's watched constantly... her words... but she manages to have a private conversation...

It would be very hard for her to leave... her words... she said nothing about impossible...

She was having an affair for eight months and she loved him... too bad she didn't really know whether he loved her... though clearly she proves that how a person who should be important to her feels is inconsequential...

And if she can manage these little escapes to this coffee bar, you mean to tell me they don't have a phone whereby she could have if she really wanted to call, or attempt to call, home...?

She's definitely a contradiction in facets...

So she's a whore and no one cares about her... she threw away the people who deeply cared about her and choose to be a whore, hoping to upgrade to a wife...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What a misinterpreted situation?

@sdc92078 She is not interested in her own daughter's life..............It is not a misinterpreted meeting. This cunt is a true egoistic cheater and she did not get marriage from the billionair. She whined about herself and she did not ask about her daughter at all. The cheater egoistic ex wife did not ask about her abandoned family!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
extremely sad , but i loved it , Love, Betrayl , Greed , Lust , Stupidity , Power

she's bought & paid for by the billionaire, just another possession .

no more no less , he never ever intended for her to be his wife/partner

he just enjoys owning people & once your bought they own you body & soul ,

she has a wealthy lifestyle , & a good job , put is expected to fuck on command , whoever, wherever, whenever ... & the billionaire loves that power over her.

she has two choices ,

1. she can quit/leave/walk away from it , but as she said "it would be dificult"

billionaire would ruin her reputation (whats left of it) & she would lose her career , nobody would employ her , best she could hope for is stacking shelves in walmart or waiting tables ... & even then the billionaire might put pressure on the employer .

so without someone to fall back on

( like the x husband & family she is screwed )

only job she could get for sure is a street whore ..

and the billionaire might fuck her up even then ..

2. she can stay working for the billionaire,

until she gets too old & worn to please his guests & v.i.p associates,

at which point, she gets replaced by a younger fresher whore / toy,

& becomes a plaything/toy for the amusement of his low lvl staff .. or worse ...

alternately he ceases her employment , no other international company will hire her as an interpreter due to her previous connection to the billionaire , so she's old , used , unloved , unwanted & no career ... working tables or stacking shelves ..

or a cheap 50 year+ worn out hooker , doing depraved tricks to get by.

did she get what she deserves ,

idk ,

i'm a man & i've thrown away 2 relationships that have been special.

(stupidity,selfishness,arrogance)

i pray i get a 3rd chance with someone

who will care for me & can love me

& i pray i am old enough & wise enough to have learn't from my mistakes

(and that i will not be a dumbass again)

i've always been 100% monogamous,

just got caught up in work for the 1st

& drifted apart over the most unimportant things for the 2nd

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent!

Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
really what could you expect from an american wife

show me the money...typical at the alter now.

db448db448about 9 years ago
Nothing exclusively American about greed.

Greed and betrayal have been around long before America became a country and there is nothing inherently American about adultery. From lords to peasants England has had her share of wondering eyes (and other parts) since before the Roman occupation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Gretchen isn't trapped.

If she's alone at the Tea shop then she's free to do what she likes. If she is fearful, go to the Police. Otherwise gather her things and fly back to the States. Disappear in the good old USA. Her "boyfriend" apparently doesn't like publicity. Make a stink if need be. And all Michael is doing is marking time. Why was he there in the first place? Hanging out with his chippy "bird" of a girlfriend? He hasn't moved on. He's just making time. Not a very clever or interesting outing. Maybe next time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Did not we read same story?

@ Anon you are wrong. The ex husband is the family center because he has connection to the kids. The ex wife is shitting on her kids! She hoped a marriage but she got a working connaction with sex service to her employer.

The husband was successful to send her to the hell that she did not and is not hold any connection to her kids! He sent her to the hell polite way and he lost his last burden to his ex wife with this polite way sending to the hell.

BTW he has girlfriend Pamela...................

Once more the cheating cunt ex wife is shitting on her kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krosis666krosis666over 8 years ago
Jasonh

Hit the nail on the head!

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
What Goes Around,Comes Around!

Gretchen is a low-life in wealthy clothing! While nothing could ever heal the hurt she laid on Mike 3 years earlier,he got the best kind of revenge. He was able to speak his piece,and with Pamela showing up,demonstrate that he'd moved on and was "happy",while his ex wallowed in her self pity.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still a favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Tell Gretchen to hell to bad her boyfriend did not kick her ass

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Too bad it took so long for her to realize she was just a whore.

She became a whore the first time she fucked the rich guy for what he spent on her. The company she worked for certainly knew she was a whore, and used her accordingly. Yeah, she did get hoodwinked but unlike her family, she knew what she was doing going into the affair. And more than likely this wasn't the first time her company had used her as a whore. Probably part of her job description from day one. Too late now, but I might have the kids' DNA tested, if for nothing else to see about donor compatibility for the grandkids. When she gets too old to be a profitable whore, and she will, her master will just sell her into some 3rd world country as a slave and she will eventually be beaten to death.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
CHOICES AND CHOOSING

how often does that work out. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Unfinished Story

The story was going along great and then it's over..Incomplete! What happened? Did you get called for dinner or something.. I hate it when a story gets finished hastily!! Very unsatisfying!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This reminds me of this joke.

A man walks up to a woman at a bar and asks, "Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?"

She replies, "Well, that is a lot of money! Yes, I will."

He then asks, "Well then, will you do it for 10 dollars?"

She replies in an incensed tone, " Of course not! What do you think I am? A whore?"

He states, "I'm sure we've already established that. At this point we're simply haggling over the price."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Satisfying

Nice compact story. Well plotted and nicely paced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it!

Did the same thing to my ex. She contacted me after running off with her boss and leaving me with two distraught kids. The whore never contacted them, or me, and suddenly appeared at my door one day expecting me to smooth things out with the girls so she could reenter their lives.

No fucking way. We were better off without her. I warned them their mother might stop by their homes and when she did, they let her have it. That was 13 years ago and she's never contacted them again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I would always in a whiny voice say, "Come on upstairs, Pookie, and give me some loving. I'm in need, Pookie. I gotta have you. Please Pookie, lets go get naked."

any bloke who comes out with this kind of smarmy shite is bound to get cheated on, for christ sake speak like an adult and give her something to respect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved the Comeuppance!

I loved the comeuppance the ex-wife received in this story. What a heartless, children-abandoning whoring for eight months bitch!!! She deserves all the misery possible for not having any contact with her kids alone. I wouldn't have give her the time of day...

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
Aftger eight months you'd think she'd know what she was getting into.

For that reason, the comeuppance is a little weak.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

Wow, she'll buy the coffee! It's the LEAST she can do! She destroys him , he doesn't want to talk, it's all on her!

SHE'S earned the right?

"I thought it could be fun to do something a little out of the ordinary for a change." - Yeah, something fun, like dumping him!

"You have always had an interest in my happiness and this is something that will make me very happy" - Haven't you had an interest in HIS happiness?

She's in London. They can't exactly hold her prisoner!

Why didn't she call the kids before she left?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Her Side?

We already know her side? She was cheating with a rich guy, basically whoring herself out for her company.

She then runs off with him with barely a farewell to her family (never even talks to the kids!) obviously not knowing what she was getting into.

Now she is LITERALLY a high-class(?) whore who is unwilling to risk her jet-set life-style to escape.

The only thing left to tell is how she murders the fat cat in their bed and goes to prison!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Perfect ending!

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumabout 6 years ago
EXCEPTIONALLY WELL WRITTEN STORY BUT....

I don't think the manipulative slut, whose only regret is that she now realizes that she's trapped, is at all capable of feeling the kind of devastation that she callously dealt to her husband, when she dropped her 'I'm fucking a billionaire so keep the change and I'll see ya... Bye.' bomb on him.

Justice is served. She's now just a whore that her billionaire pimp provides to anyone he chooses to 'facilitate and seal a deal'.

5 *s

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueabout 6 years ago
Fake, I can see the pixels

What a clueless woman. That itself isn't so bad, but the guy married her at some point, and that's dumb. She offered him to buy her coffee? I'll offer a prolapsed uterus.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Beautiful!

What a little gem. Karma IS a bitch!! 5*****.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
This Came Up on the Feedback Portal ...

So I decided to re-read.

Why couldn't she call home during those "lonely" nights in the big houses? Are her calls blocked? Why not call the Police from the shop, have them come and escort her to the airport, or to wherever her "keepers" keep her papers? They have no legal grounds to keep her from leaving.

They had been married for 24 years, it's been 3 years since she left. Assuming they got married at even 20 makes her 47. How many more years is she going to be such a prize?

enjayemenjayemalmost 6 years ago
Great flash story

One location, three main characters plenty of dialogue and a twist in the tail. Well written.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVulcez@Vulcez
750 Followers
Blues guitar playing, skiing, hiking junkie; I love classic rock music. I'm a veteran of that nasty Vietnam War and have made peace with my demons (well, most of them). Originally from Upstate NY now living in Colorado.