All Comments on 'Keeping Guard'

by sunny55235

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Phxray54Phxray54over 13 years ago
More?

Please consider telling us more of the tale of the baker and John.

OccamspiledriverOccamspiledriverover 13 years ago
Well done

Very good story, thanks for writing it.

TE_RossTE_Rossover 13 years ago
Well Done

I thoroughly enjoyed this short story. You told a tale of missed opportunities so well that it reminded me of another story told about a lone female baker who finds love during adversity. Only that character saw the truth in the matter and grabbed on for dear life.

If you want another take on a similar theme I would advise reading Dr. Jocelyn’s “My Hero” under the Romance category.

Again, thanks for an enjoyable read.

canndcanndover 13 years ago

I really enjoyed the story up to the end...if she wished things were different, make them different. You're not even married to the guy which would make it a bit more complicated. What a wimp. for me, it would have been better if she had acted differently in the end.

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Beautiful short story

I could just imagine the smells of this bakery and the loneliness of the early mornings that this women has in her life. Quite an achievement in such a short story.

The pathos of the scene of the young guard sitting on the curb was well done.

Thanks for this story, I really enjoyed it. Oh, I scored it a well deserved 5 stars.

chytownchytown11 months ago

*****Good read with real emotions. My store was robbed once and I can relate to the feelings. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Please add a continuation to this story. I would love to find out what happened to the characters!

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

One more sentence to make it a 5!

As the tears that had been welling up inside of me began to fall, I wished for all the world that my life was different. Then I realized my future would be what I made it to be.

The Hoary Cleric

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersunny55235@sunny55235
30 Followers
I love to hear from people who read my stories, both with positive feedback and constructive criticism. If you have any questions, comments, or would like to know when I post new stories please feel free to get in touch!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES