All Comments on 'New Year's Eve with Pauletta'

by Boxlicker101

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
LarryInSeattleLarryInSeattleover 13 years ago
Yes, Yes

Reading and enjoying. Thanks.

ballznall60ballznall60over 13 years ago
Love your stories!

Makes me want to head out to SFO immediately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I love him

I really loved reading about Pauletta. I hope you are going to do more stories about him.

Greyfox69Greyfox69over 13 years ago
Enjoying every bit

I enjoyed every bit of Pauletta's story. I readily admit to a bit of bisexual curiousity with a strong liking for silk, satin and lace. How can I not enjoy this "stimulating" story? Continue the great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

your story should've been set in 1980, which is when all this random promiscuous hooking up by gay men was acceptable by the community. you wrote a fantasy, without one lick of romance, and it's fairly obvious that you yourself are *not* part of the GBLT scene. the only kudos i can give is that you made an effort to include condoms and lube, so thanks at least for not having your poor character barebacking his way to a new year's with HIV. how sad that this is still the image of young gay men and what they "want" in 2010...

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 13 years agoAuthor
To: Anonymous

I am too old to be more than a marginal part of the GLBT lifestyle, and I have never been an habitue of gay bars, but I have been in gay bathhouses during the last few years. The patrons of these places show themselves to be quite promiscous, freely having sex with strangers. That's not a complaint; I'm just expressing disagreement with you.

Pauletta had sex with two men he knew and liked, and turned down a man he disliked. In the last part of the story, he was the center of an orgy involving other men he knew and liked and friends of those men. His sexual adventure that night was not nearly as anonynmous and promiscous as you seem to think.

I realize there are many gay men who form stable relationships with other gay men, just as there are straight men who form such relationships with women. However, Pauletta has not reached that point, and is reveling in his sexuality now. In this, he is no different from the way milllions of straight men would like to be, except most hets would prefer sex with women.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationover 8 years ago
Mmmm.

I love your writing. I'd love to offer helpful criticism, but this one is just lovely. I'm so glad you showed Pauletta asserting herself with that uncivilized jerk after the friendly scene with Stan. The scene with Gary at the table was unhurried, generous, and intensely pleasurable (and I was only reading it!).

Thanks for sharing your imagination and your writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous