All Comments on 'By Any Other Name'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Is this allowed?

Is it allowed in the LW category for the suspicious wife to refrain from hiring a PI; soliciting ill-advice from one or a posse of friends; AND not having revenge sex? Otherwise a great story.

TJMaxTJMaxover 13 years ago
Thanks Ms Pat...

This was funny and sweet...I always like your stuff! Regards...

EllaLaJefaEllaLaJefaover 13 years ago
Very nice

Jennifer wasn't who I thought but I love how you portrayed the connection between husband and wife. :)

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
I enjoyed the hell out of it!

After watching Jennifer win over my girl Bristol, I somehow knew that was what the story was leading up to. Thanks for another good read P51; you're one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
great

great fun to read

Blue88Blue88over 13 years ago
Five Star....

as usual. LOL, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thought I saw it coming ...

thankfully it was Grey and not Anniston.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Good One

I liked it. I do not watch the show and I don't know who Jennifer Grey is, but it did not matter. Since the wife did not flip out immediately, we know it is fiction. If I or most any man did this, his wife would not believe a word he said. Period. We would have to kiss ass for months to avoid divorce and she would still be pissed off. All that aside, it was fun and enjoyable.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 13 years ago
Ouch

I know who Jennifer Grey is ... I saw Dirty Dancing on video not too long back and read her People magazine story.

BUT ... my first girlfriend was named Jennifer and I have always remembered her. She broke my heart.

Sigh ...

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Well done

The story seemed to be believable and of a concerned loving wife.

It was good to read that she didn't run out and get revenge sex but thought it all out before going on with a plan to strengthen her marriage.

Thanks for the good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow, nice.

Exactly what I've come to expect from you. Absolutely brilliant.

Thank you.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
Loved it got a smile and laugh!!!

very well done. I don't think I ever said or thought this before but that was a FUN read! Short to the point, good characters, great pacing, said all that needed to be said!!!!

Well done 5 star

size14shoesize14shoeover 13 years ago
I'm with the anonymous who wanted to know...

if it was allowed for a wife on LW to do something besides make her husband watch revenge sex with a couple of big-dicked, black studs doing the anal and oral she won't do with him.

What's gay about watching the likes of Jennifer Grey dance or the professionals with the malfunctioning costumes waiting to happen? Hell, at my age Florence Henderson looked good. AND Sorry Bristol, your mom is hot but you are not.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Oh

The chick in dirty dancing. Did she outgrow the nose and develop breasts? Still a good story though.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Nice story.

However, I don't watch "Dancing with Stars." or the English version called "Strictly come Dancing." I also have never watched "Dirty Dancing." it's just not my thing. So you have me at a disadvantage about who "Jennifer Grey" is, sorry.

But that aside, I think this is a good story and it's very good to see this writer still writing. Thank you for all your stories in the past this is yet another very good story.

Best regards

AW

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Fun Read

If I did not know the quality of Patricia51's work I would not have opened the story. It sounded run of the mill, but I am really happy that I read it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
THIS SUCKED

What a waste of time reading that sorry assed story. Why would you even put a story like that on Erotica? That was the worst story I ever read on this site and if I ever see the name patricia51 listed as the author of a story I will make sure that I dismiss it as garbage and bullshit.

NEVER AGAIN IN MY LIFETIME WILL I EVER READ A STORY BY PATRICIA51

mike2710mike2710over 13 years ago
we would be better off...

if Anonymous would promise never to leave a stupid comment.

I like the story. thanks for the entertainment

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Oh yes

Yes, she was and is still a hotty. Good story that brought back memories of the original Jennifer Grey, before she changed her nose that made her oh so very sexy.

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

Short and sweet.

Since the wife did not flip out, this does indeed put it squarely in the fiction department. I don't think ANY wife would NOT get upset at her husband for saying another woman's name during sex.

No matter WHO it is, movie star, celebrity or model. While this certainly is no reason for any extreme measures, hubby would've probably been exiled to the couch or spare room for a night or so, even after explaining.

This is NOT a complaint though! I like it.

Zeb40Zeb40over 13 years ago
Made me smile.

Although not familiar with DWTS, I have watched "Dirty Dancing" with my wife and I can see how Bill could enjoy watching Jennifer dance.

The costume imagery was therefore lost on me, but I really enjoyed the Contours reference. All was explained, and I got a good chuckle imagining the situation. Bill should be grateful for a real Loving Wife.

I greatly enjoyed the story. It did make me face my age, as I bought the record when it was new. Thanks. Paul

cpetecpeteover 13 years ago
Husband and wife are laying in bed...

..and nothing is happening between the husband and wife. The husband turns to the wife and says:

"Whats is the problem-you cannot think of anyone either?"

(thanks to the late great Rodney Dangerfield)

And thanks to the author for a fun real life read!

rgraham666rgraham666over 13 years ago
Nice to see you another story…

…from you, patricia. You've still got it.

sammyjmmsammyjmmalmost 13 years ago
Wonderful Story!

Hi, what a great story!, I truly enjoy your writing and I have to say I liked how you made your female character be so calm and collected, that doesn't happen often in real life but it should. I keep hoping you'll publish something new soon :D. Thanks for sharing your wonderful stories!

Samira

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 12 years ago
I liked it

I have watched the movie several times and it was Patrick Sweazys best along with "Ghost". Along with Jennifer Grey's.

I disagree with one of the commenters. I think millions of wives, especially those that are older and with family to lose put up with their husband's cheating to keep their marriage intact... Otherwise very few marriages would survive.

Toylover52Toylover52over 12 years ago
I just LOVED IT

You have good style and wit, it is such a pleasure to read your stories.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
OK

The best thing about this story is that there was no cheating

YAY FOR YOU

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
traitor

a thick cock smoked, buggered by the fat one, betrayed!

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Fun story; great writing with very original premise thru woman's perspective.

I enjoyed this story and it was a combination of complex emotions. The fralitity of love and self-concept are thoroughly explored in a short love for dummies version. This author is quite perceptive and definitely articulate.

PlinthPlinthover 10 years ago
'I mean golly, he hasn't hammered me like that in ages and ages.'

Lines like that make this story a delicious surprise -- something different; milder, softer, more intimate than you usually find on Lit, but very sexy too, in its riff on married life and its ups and downs.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
IF ITS A NAME OR A ROSE

the bottom lines remains the same, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
****

My, oh my! It was surely a good thing she made the connection, huh? Good read, Pat. Thank you. Cheers! c29

amyyumamyyumover 7 years ago
Really, really, cute

The people weren't beautiful -- the scenario was corny -- the outcome fairly predictable -- all of which were positives in my mind, not negatives. Plus, what middle aged man (my husband included) wouldn't fantasize about fucking the shit out of Jennifer Grey? She looks better now than in Dirty Dancing, and that's saying something!

5* and a good chuckle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WHY?

Does this story have such a low rating?, baffling!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
fun

little story. And our two heroes get laid big time. As for me, I'm fantasizing about some of the pro female dancers thank you very much.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
Cute and funny.

Nice to read a story where

the wife cares for her husband.

Doesn't happen too much here in LW, lol.

Interesting plot with a good

dash of humour.

And well written.

Top ratings from me.

No question about it!

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 6 years ago
Oh yes.

Guys watch DWTS for Julianne Hough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

A nice amusing ad happy story.

Gave it FIVE BIG ONES.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Of Course I Watch DWTS

I give this story a 5 because we can't go higher. Well written with an interesting plot developement. I always watch DWTS with my wife, a good dancer herself, who enjoys the dance routines. What's not to like? All those sexy long legged females, often in very revealing outfits, can keep my interest all the way to the voting. For the wives the guys look pretty good too. When I'm lucky we get to see Carrie Ann Inaba or Julianna Hough perform and I look forward to hearing the critiques. Len is so focused on proper and accurate dance styling that people dislike him and while he may be gayer than gay you have to love Bruno Tonioli’s passionate and uncontrolled reactions to a really sensuous routine.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
I watch DWTS

But certainly not for the stars.

Baddogie59Baddogie59over 4 years ago
A TV Show

My wife watches that show sometimes and I have sat through a few episodes with her.

Don't recall the one your calling out in the story but I found it funny how she figured out where his fantasy girl came from.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
Cute

Level headed wife who doesn’t go half cocked. How novel. 5 Stars

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
Not sure what?

Shows that authors throw in stories I have not seen and no ambition to see

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Second, and this makes me wonder if there is something seriously wrong with me, if having an affair is going to make him act as he did tonight, should my biggest concern be stopping it? I mean golly, he hasn't hammered me like that in ages and ages. Maybe I should just be grateful for her starting this spark in him

Imagine if a husband had said that in a story...the mouth breathers would freak right the F out over that, but if a wife says it, its an oh well. Misogyny is alive and well within the knuckle dragging crowd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok. Liked the story a lot. Gave it fill marks. Have to say I didn't see JG in DWTS. Still, I'm not seeing her putting extra lead in any man's pencil. Aniston in Bruce Almighty? Now we're talking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love this story. This is what Patricia does best, build up angst about a situation and turn it into an adorable, heartwarming ending. 5*

Here's a question for future commenters. Does Jennifer Grey look better with or without the nose job?

I have mixed feelings about it. I think she looks better with it, but now looks like another pretty face. Before she was unique. It was her nose that that gave her a cute teddy bear quality.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

This was really nice well built, thanks

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I have to make a comment about this writers stories. Almost all of the other authors on this site usually have the wife bring deranged, or at least a Narcissist. But Patricia’s are unique, because

they usually involve the cheated or suspected cheated on person using common sense. Believe it or not, most men aren’t ex Navy Seals and most middle age married women, don’t have multi men with 7 figure incomes, chasing them. You, Patricia, are like “ sunshine, on a cloudy day! “ 5 stars.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief10 months ago

What a great story and the ending was outstanding. Glad that things turned out the way they did and that Alice didn't go off the deep end and start something that would have destroyed them.

Calico75Calico759 months ago

Fun story! Great ending!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous