All Comments on 'Horses in the City'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
Phxray54Phxray54over 13 years ago
You could write Emma's song...

I was surprised that you didn't include some of the lyrics from Emma's song. "The street lights glowed against the darkened sky." Maybe you can include some lyrics in the next chapter, if you choose to continue. Thank you for the wonderful story.

Horses playing hockey? LOL

Tarheels_FanTarheels_Fanover 13 years ago
Wonderful Story

This is a wonderful story. I hope you have another chapter planned. If not, thanks for letting us come up with our own conclusion. Merry Christmas

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
LOVED IT

I just love a real romance story.

This is one to enjoy...

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Always Delighted

I'm always delighted to find a romance story written by either you or MugsyB. I found the title to this one intriguing and wondered where this story would go from there. Thoroughly enjoyed it!! Thanks for this Christmas gift ... and if it does continue with more ... finding Lila ... meeting the family on the farm ... etc., it will be another delight to read.

Enjoy a blessed Christmas season.

peteinchicagopeteinchicagoover 13 years ago
Great Story

But I have to say I could care less about Emma, nothing that happened to her wasn't something she caused herself. Lila's the one I was hoping to read about. Still, for a story about such an unsympathatic character, you turned out a great story.

willieonewillieoneover 13 years ago
Beautiful!

It begs for more chapter though so hope you continue on where they left of like finding her sister and him re-connecting with his family!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 13 years ago
I like it

but I want to know the rest. And I also want to know what happened to Lila. I didn't think I would like Emma but I did by the end. I think I'll end up liking Lila more if you write her story though. Hopefully she won't be quite so self absorbed/martyr-like. Emma was so "woe is me... I was a bitch and now I have to live with the consequences of my actions. I deserve to suffer forever" I hope Lila has more spunk. I did like how Emma grew and came into her own though. I want to know how it ends and I hope you continue with these characters.

donaldedonaldeover 13 years ago
excellent story

was a excellent story well written and very much enjoyable i hope that you do another chapter or a sequel so we can see if she finds Lila and if Luke patches up with his family thank you for posting and please have a merry Christmas and a happy new year

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Another winner

This was a great story. Touching, heart warming. A true Christmas romance. Like others, I'd like to see if she found her sister, but it's not necessary. The story is complete as is.

JazCullenJazCullenover 13 years ago
Great!

As always I am blown away with your talent. I particularly loved the way this story was about Emma, how she made a mistake in her life and her struggle to learn to forgive herself and start living again. Wonderfully done as always.

Oh, and loved the Tabitha & Jamie cameo! LOL Artfully done PL as only you can!

Happy Holidays to you!

Jaz

catman71catman71over 13 years ago
deserves a ten

and it seems complete,yet you have lila to find, and luke and emma to totally meld, and move to better things together, hope to see more of this story soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

What an excellent Christmas romance. Like someone mentioned, I was expecting it to be about Lila so for the story to be about Emma was a great surprise. It was soft and sweet and I just love it.

meowman1990meowman1990over 13 years ago
PRETTY PLEASE

Please tell me there's more as much as I loved the ending I can't take it if this is it please make a sequel or chapter 2 your writing and this story especially are phenomenal

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Love Potential

You are a Professional. This is class Love Lit. Tinged with Xmas cheer and sweet warmth. Clearly the acorn of a novel or even a set. The Lovers, their families, careers and complications, special events this year. Mil, Sol, business links, Sam, the other waitresses. Etc. My critique would be that erotica IS site title dominant. Your stories remind me of sightings of beautiful sexy clad girls who, maybe with good reason, close up at the approach of a man, or woman. Passion is not exactly your strong point, and promise is a hollow glossy shell. This had potential. Hot it is not. I am almost 100% certain hints on passion and eros type are not required. In the final page I thought you were going to shoot thru, little realising the gun was pointed at Libedo's feet. This would be too little, too late, anyway. My score thoughts closer to 1 than 10. Potential, but shamed - after such inspirational titling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Ps

Song writing is more difficult than tricky poetry. Chorus success my greatest accord. It may have been wise to skip, but hints and maybe an opening line as suggested in other comment, then imagining a melody or tune that is a Hybrid of well known songs. (Not a singleton dice with copyrights)Closing line. Explain your hybrid to readers and their mind will, or not, hum the words along. Title is usually key eg. 'Magic Light Luke'. These clues may appear patronizing, not intended. NB The late great Marc Feld aka Bolan point, forgotten even in his lifetime, was that no matter how much toil and time you put into lyrics most people sing only a version of their own sense. Metal Guru, Is it You.?

hathorbr1hathorbr1almost 13 years ago
More! I want more!!!

OMG that was soooo beautiful! Please write more about these characters. I want to know if she finds her sister and if he reconciles with his family. I want them to get married and he sells his book...oh my gosh, I'm babbling, sorry. I just loved this story! Great Job!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Tingly and Giddy

I love this. In fact I love all your writing, but this put a smile on my face after the worst week, which inspired me to thank you.

Wishing you a happy holidays,

Reid

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Beautiful

This is my favorite of your's I have read. Simply beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing it.

pastit49pastit49over 11 years ago
A truly beautiful story

Please finish this . I want to know more of the lives of these people . There are many reconciliations that need to be made even for the happiness of the main characters . This could be a novella/novel

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful...

I love this story. I wish you would write a sequel (or 10)...=D

I like to read stories here, but never signed up for an username. I read some hockey stories here and saw you helped with the beta...I am looking forward to your hockey stories.

Living in SW PA, and as a Penguin fan, the hockey ones get close to home...lol

Keep up the great writing...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
SO TOUCHING AND SO ROMANTIC

so glad they found each other and fell in love...both had been through a lot of heart ache but now they have each other....we need a sequel to say if she found her sister and what happened to him - did he make it up with his family or what.....a beautiful story with no rabid love scenes just the gentle love making at the end...but we need to know what happened next....

PennMusicPennMusicover 10 years ago
Wow...We need more of this

I agree with the anon below...You need a few sequels to this. We need to know what happened with them.

5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Please complete. Just loved it

J_RReaderJ_RReaderover 8 years ago
Another lovelly story

Once again I must complement you, you do have a wonderfully romatic touch in describing how they find each other despite personal problems.

If it goes on like this I may have to add you to my favorite Autors.

Thankyou.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
beautiful

well written

thank you

I hope they had many chapters together

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I would join with others asking for more!!!

I've read your Hockey stories, and enjoyed them. Have not been on this site for very long, so I'm just getting around to reading your other stories. This one needs to be a series! Ignore those who criticize you for not enough sex in the story. For those looking for "stroke" stories, there are plenty of choices here. Some of us like character development. The story left me wanting to know what happened to Lila, and did Luke ever get back together with his family? I'm from Southern California. It is amazing how many girls come out here expecting to become some sort of star and end up on the street. Most are probably ripe for some con artist to take advantage of them just like Sam did to Emma. Don't stop this story now!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

It’s a very nice story but there’s way too much hinted-at but yet unfinished business. I mean, did Emma ever find Lila? Did Luke reconcile with his dad? Did his novel become a best seller? Too many questions left unanswered. Inquiring minds NEED to know.

brownmobbrownmobalmost 3 years ago

Waiting on the next episode, looking forward to it 5*, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

NO! What happened? Where is Lila? Do Luke and Emma make it? PennLady please give us a sequel! Please!!! 5* but I need more.

mildcolonialboymildcolonialboyover 1 year ago

Very nice story. Yes it could be the start of a novel, all the characters come to life, including Sol and Millie, so we want to hear more about them. Many loose ends that could be followed up, On the other hand it can also stand alone, We see how they come together and how this changes their attitude to life and helps their artistic creativity. This a story inits own right, That this happens without all their issues being resolved is part of that story.

So either way, (as a first chapter or as finished story) it is very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lovely story. It stands on its own, but also could easily be continued... I know I want it to continue!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just an incomplete story!!!

2*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What the fuck is the point of the story if she didn't find Lila!! Why fucking bother the reader with the Lila drama if fuck all is done about it!! Absolute bullshit

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Worst 'romantic' story in literotica. Emma is a drug addict whore, who pushed away the only person who loved her just because she can be a slut to a manipulative asshole. 1 star

kaotic2kaotic23 months ago

This story was great. I loved the progression with Emma. I only wish there was an epilogue with her and Lila.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Foo ey

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
1733 Followers
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...

SIMILAR Stories