All Comments on 'Dilemma Continued Ch. 01'

by northlander

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
More

Wow... the plot thickens!Go on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

I always felt that story needed a follow up. Unfortunately, Joesphus passed before he could if indeed he intended to come back to that story.

I like the tone of this and the way you are handling it.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Extremely well written, Josephus would be proud!!

Thanks for following through with the plot line, looking forward for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it ...

I will comment more later, but the writing is good and the story pretty much intact. I know Joesephus wanted others to finish the story and would be pleased by this effort! I have quibbles but that's all.

Jonnyrebel82

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Excellent Continuation

Now that it has been declared that he would have wanted a continuation the only question would be the excellent quality and the creativity. So far so good

C_frommnC_frommnover 11 years ago
Nice

Staying true to the story. I always felt there should have been at least 1 more Chapter an Epilogue summing up everything.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

It is impossible to live up to the original by Joesephus, so I won't rate you on that basis. Four stars. Thanks for the effort. However, since it us a continuing if another authors work, I feel compelled to make a few comments.

First, the original clearly had a spiritual motif. Joesephus was able to weave it seemlessly into the story without making it a religious tale. While you carry some of those elements in this chapter, you don't seem as comfortable with it as the original.

Second, I am surprised that you chose to change a few of the details. The most significant being her resentment that he left and the notion that she was taken advantage of. This is not in keeping with the original. I sense you are setting up further exploration of this notion, that perhaps he will discover more to the story. This changes the emphasis of the original. That is your prerogative. But it is also my prerogative to be a bit disappointed in that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hacky....

As a followup to a one of the most poignant and well plotted stories on this site, we get the tired device of putting aside and forgetting about a major plot point as a cheap way of ratcheting tension.

Sad really to view these 2 stories side by side...

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Truly a worthy sequel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Curious. In the original, Lorelei had no resentment towards the MC. She knew she had destroyed their marriage, and felt she was not worthy of him. Now while it was never said one way or the other in the original if she was upset about not being able to communicate with him, that is open for interpretation. Lorelei de as ite turning into a crusader, is human after all. As far as being taken advantage. The original dies mention that as the official opinion of Lorelei's therapist. But is not something that she accepts instead owning her part in her 27 minutes of marital destruction. Nit saying I don't feel sorry for her. But she certainly felt she had killed their marriage, and while she despised the professor and sought justice (and even some revenge), even Lorelei said how she would respect a husband who forgave her and reconciled after what she betrayed. If anything in the original, Lorelei was her harshest critic. So far a promising sequel. But it is not Josephus.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a nice recovery. The miscarriage is a great plot device to put Loralei's intransigence in context. What a thoughtful narrative to set up the following chapter.

inka2222inka22224 months ago

There were 2 minor inconsistencies between this and Josephus' original. First one was minor (mental hospital for the ex - original said it wasn't related to professor); and second was big (she very clearly said in Josephus' chapter 2 that she was NOT taken in by his professorship etc.., like Cindy makes it appear in the letter. She clearly states she doesn't know why she didn't say "no" but that she was NOT attracted to him etc...

Martyr2002Martyr20024 months ago

So every woman in his life to date is a scheming duplicitous bitch? They all go behind his back, keeping secrets from someone they’re supposed to care about. Not a good start so far.

Though from the correspondence I had with Josephus back when he wrote it, your pretty mich in tune with the author

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous