All Comments on 'Dilemma Continued Ch. 03'

by northlander

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
You've really taken the story line and run with it...........

Can't wait to see what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
One More Loose End

You are doing an excellent job of tying plot threads together without unrealistic coincidences. Like others, I am anxious for your next chapters. Here is my only suggestion about another loose end: Cindy was abused and raped while in college. Yes, her attacker is probably retired, but we do not know that. Even if he is, some retribution could be given to him by a computer or by Lorelei's professional skills. I think Chris' motivation to seek justice for Lorelei's attack should extend to Cindy's as well.

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years agoAuthor
I had thought of that

Anonymous

I had thought of that but there are significant differences in the cases. In Cindy's case her relationship was absolutely consensual. The guy doesn't show his tru colors until after she tells him he is going to be a daddy. He is still an asshole but you don't go to jail for being an asshole.

It is estimated that probably at least 85 percent of sexual offences go unreported and I figured that in Cindy's case it would be one of them

lawrenclawrencover 13 years ago
Keep going

The story has kept my interest, and I wouldn't mind if Chris fathered a child with Lorelei.

lawrenclawrencover 13 years ago
voting

I mistakenly voted with a "one" which was not my intetion at all. Is there a way to change the vote?

rpsuchrpsuchover 13 years ago
two things

Lawrence: vote again. They keep a record of all votes and my understanding is that if you vote more than once they are all canceled. You won't get the second, but you'll void the 1.

Northlander: It may be a crime to be an asshole. Depending on what he wanted and what he did to get it this may well be rape. The problem is that it is only slightly less difficult to prove than the existence of God.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Moving Smoothly

We definitely do not have the original group of commentators with us! There were many violently opposed to Lorelei being a surrogate mother. Personally I thought it was a nice tie off and that Cindy probably knew what she was doing when she proposed it. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Not to pick nits....

But all four eggs were already fertilized...that was Cindy's dellima...to her they were living souls. Understanding Cindy's position is a major reason Joe's story was so powerful. So few people really understand the Christian religion.

My wife and I briefly considered in vitro several years ago. Several reasons kept us from proceeding. Not a small reason was that several dozen eggs would be fertilized and discarded (a small flaw in Joe's original story - there are ALWAYS more than four eggs fertilized - they usually implant several and abort some if more than one or two survive.) We couldn't be so selfish as to establish several points of life and then snuff some out just so we could satisfy some need to have a baby.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoying it

Not sure why he would feel like he was facing a dilemma. The blame has shifted completely to him. He is the ass. He should be on his knees begging for forgiveness. Just as I suspected, date rape drugs are alluded to. Thanks.

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 8 years ago
now

the author has Chris as a coward in running away, rather than the emotionally destroyed man unable to face his realty. Many people withdraw within them selves when suffering a loss, it doesn't make them cowards. I can see where this story is going so I'm out of here. TK

Surfdude1965Surfdude1965over 2 years ago

North I am afraid that you dropped the ball on this one. A major point there is a big difference between an embryo and an unfertilized egg. There would be no story if we were talking about an egg. Cindy believed in the sanctity of life. Chris would go through hell to honor her wishes. You can freeze a healthy embryo indefinitely without any damage. I appreciate the effort though...:-(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sadly Chris n was so broken (literally) that he fled and cut all contact with everyone, nit just Lorelei. He also spurned his parents for a long time. Cindy healed him. He still had every right to get a divorce. But by running he lost all agency. Of course he was traumatized. But he never once thought of what Lorelei went through. Last chapter was powerful. This one was formulaic.

Martyr2002Martyr20023 months ago

Even his own mother thinks little of him. This man has been victimized by everyone around him. He needs to run, run far away with his little ones before this sick mindset infects them as well.

They are all evil characters, including his dead wife. They all kept secrets from him. Why? They did it because they knew they were doing something wrong. If it wasn't wrong then his WIFE of all people wouldn't have felt the need for secrecy. As a christian she is now burning in hell for all eternity for her sins against her husband.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous