All Comments on 'Sophia Continued Pt. 03'

by northlander

Sort by:
  • 130 Comments
AllosaurusRexAllosaurusRexabout 13 years ago
Thank you

You have finished a wonderful story wonderfuly well, as it needed to be finished.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Nice Close out of the Novel

It is nice to have had some of our questions responded to and to a certain degree have a final chapter.... Though one can never be sure. I am sure that the marriage of Don and Barbara could have been in the final chapter of a romance tale. Some how I feel like I did after I read Tolkien's outline of novel that he never got around to writing..

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 13 years ago
Thank You, northlander...

...for this conclusion to a wonderful story. That was a BIG pair of shoes(Castlestone's) to fill, and you did it.Congrats!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Who is Sophia...

After reading Castlestone's original story and and your followup...Who the hell is Sophia??? I must have overlooked something somewhere. However it is good to get a conclusion for a fantastic story. Thanks.

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 13 years ago
Thanks

Thanks, This was one of my favorite series and I really looked forward to the concluding chapters.....we may not know exactly how he would have finished it and his dry humor was special, but you did an excellent job bringing closure to the series. Thanks, I for one really appreciate it..Good Job!

jriggandukejriggandukeabout 13 years ago
Thanks again

You have done a masterful job of bringing things to a close. I do miss Roscoe though! Great job!

As for the person asking about Sophia, in the original ch1 Don mentions that Maria looked like his favorite actress, Sophia Loren, hence the title, Sophia.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great ending

I am going to miss Don and Maria's story. Could wait for each chapter and then it suddenly stopped.

A few weeks ago I stumbled on sequel, and I really enjoyed reading it to the conclusion.

Thanks, you did a great job. I will read your other stories as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thanks.

For giving us a great ending to this great story. There are a lot of stories on lit that have been around for months, or even years, needing an ending ...... think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thank you.

I really appreciate your ending the Don & Maria story. Your ending was great, and everything came out the way I had hoped. Actually it came out even better than that. You have a real talent for keeping with the story and finishing it to completion. I like others hope you will find other stories that need completion.

Your completion of Dilemma was appreciated, I will check your story list frequently to see more of your work.

Again thank you.

Lee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Thank you for finishing the story started by CastleStone. It was a nice story, but I would still like to read CastleStone's chapters 5 and 6 to compare his ending of the story with yours.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thanks.

A great finish to a great story.

Ani100Ani100almost 13 years ago
Good to have a conclusion …

… I cannot imagine how hard it was to try and continue the original story. I thank you for attempting it, it made me doubly appreciate how wonderful the original author was. That sounds horrible. I didn't mean it as a slight. I was devastated when I read that Castlestone had died. Not devastated for me, but for his friends and family. In his writing you could feel a genuine joy of life, food and love. He was funny, bold and infectiously life affirming in his writing.

However, I can't help thinking that some of the choices you made were not ones he would have been happy with. Don banned from the kitchen because he made a mess? Never! He cleaned up a tree that had fallen through a window, only once did he leave a mess for the cleaning crew and he was originally unwilling to leave it then. To ban Don from the kitchen would mean an end to THE PIE and THE CAKE, tragedies beyond the pale of life itself for Maria and "HER" girls and not even acceptable to Maria's friends (Kathy, Vanessa and Freddie). I would have added more food in there. Castlestone made a point of saying that he intentionally added food scenes into the stories at the risk of boring some because it is one of the things he feels is important to life, so I wonder, in hindsight, if you feel you should have continued along that vein. Also movie nights with "her girls" were a strong bonding feature for Maria yet they in this version spent time in their room, not something that happened often, if at all in the originals. They were truly a part of the family, not relegated to the sidelines of their room. The time it takes to write must have played a large part in some of your decision making and compared to the original writing I felt it was very rushed. Understandable because, as I said it takes a lot of time.

These things simply made me realise how good Castlestone was and I hope you forgive the critique and accept thanks for taking the time, effort and commitment to bring the saga of Sophia to a conclusion.

One last thing, as you are in contact with the original editor, can you ask why the name Sophia for the story? Obviously it is Sophia Loren the actress that Don compared Maria to, but apart from a small reference to her looks and the DVD houseboat I was expecting some kind of hook to link it to the title and we never got there. I would be interested to hear your theory on that.

Thanks again for the conclusion

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
awesome!

Thank you for finishing the story! Never mind the nah sayers, i appreciate you taking the time for the sotry!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thanks for finishing it.

Thank you for finishing the story as it really needed an ending, while CastleStones where better in my oppinion and your chapters seemed rushed somehow I appreciate how hard it is to continue others work rather then make your own.

R.I.P CastleStone, and thanks for finishing it northlander

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you!

Nobody can finish what someone else started easily. but whether there were stylistic differences or not, I did appreciate you bringing this amazing story to a conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you

I very much appreciate your efforts on Castlestone's behalf. To me it was fast, however; I believe the story ended how he would have wanted it too. This was a difficult task which you and those that helped pulled off nicely. Some people can't appreciate it with their snide comments. Let them eat cake. THANK YOU for you. Please don't hesitate to finish other stories as well. You have the gift. Good job.

OldlockguyOldlockguyover 12 years ago
It's harder than you think to finish off someone else's story

As I know from recent experience. I myself don't think it is too fast a conclusion. Castlestone's style was very unique and personal, even quirky, and therefore very hard or even impossible to imitate. That individual quality was one of the reasons a lot of people enjoyed the series but it makes a follow up series very difficult. The truth is, that though I very much liked the original, if it had a flaw, it was actually its length. Castlestone was drawing things out more than I would have wanted myself.

Once Northlander decided not to go all out not to imitate the original's style (a wise choice, IMO)it was inevitable that the story would reach a conclusion more swiftly than Castlestone would likely have done.

RIP Castlestone and thanks, Northlander!

slaverowanslaverowanover 12 years ago
Thank you!

It's an impossible task... trying to think as someone else and put yourself in the place of their characters.

Thank you. A beautiful ending to an beautiful story xxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Good, but not great. Please don't take offense, but it was too easy to see that this was written by a different author. Food and humor was involved in much of CastleSone's work, but these two were sorely missing in your work. In spite of theses differences, you brought closure to this story.

Toylover52Toylover52over 12 years ago
To repete anothers comment

Nobody can finish what someone else started easily. but whether there were stylistic differences or not, I did appreciate you bringing this amazing story to a conclusion. It may not have been in the same flavor as the original but still a very fine effort, Thank You.

bali306bali306almost 12 years ago
great story but..

but the detail about don sibling and kathy sister and many characters are mising from original

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

It was nice to see a good story finished. I was saddened when I saw the original author died but Northlander did a nice job of finishing it up.

WanderingaimlesslyWanderingaimlesslyalmost 12 years ago
Liked it

Missed the references to THE PIE, CAKE, TURKEY etc....... but still like the finish

NFINFIover 11 years ago
Nice try, but you utterly failed

While it is commendable that you tried to finish the Story of Sophia you failed real hard at it. The main point what kept me reading all of it one go was that the story was well written with a love to detail, especially the cuisine, which was sort of a glue for the whole thing. Envision the Lord of the Rings were written like "They got the ring, the set out to destroy it and managed to do just that, the end." - not much of a good book, ain't it? Much like the sheer endless description of landscape in those Books, the meals and the interaction between the characters is what makes the original so captivating, spell binding to read (did I mention that I read all of the story, of both authors at once?).

What you did, aside from some mayor character butchering due to way too fast story progression, was to leave everything which made the story essentially what it is, out.

Castlestone put incredible love of detail in his work, gradually leading you to the top of the arc, then splashed you with cold water and began again at the foot of the mountain. The original story let off with Maria and Don having their "trial" date and Don suspecting that there could eventually, in a miniscule way a very, very slim chance, that this could maybe, just maybe more than just another trial run and what you did was kicking the story in the back to forcefully progress the story arc, unfortunately the downhill wasn't a gentle flow, as is intended in Aristotle-style theater, but a stone-cold dead-drop into the abyss.

As a consolation, your writing is not bad per se and not as abysmal, as this comment might make it to be, but it definitely does not come even close to Castlestones formidable writing, love of detail and development of characters.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
SEQUELS AND SPIN OFFS AND 1----2----etc

USUALLLY ARE NOT UP TO THE ORIGINAL.....THIS IS MORE THAN ADEQUATE AND IN GIVING CLOSURE, IT LEAVES ROOM FOR ANOTHER EPILOG. RESPECTFULLY tk u mlj lv nv

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
It was ok.... Not great😜

Although I liked that you shortened the length of the chapter but I can't help but feel that you also shortened the ending. What happened to dons sisters marriages, since in castlestone's chapter the sisters were worried their husbands suspicious might uncover their one a year flings, so I'm curious as to why you didn't cover this? I'm also a bit upset that you had don placing blame on himself for what the people he thought loved him did to him. Castlestone had promised that Barbra would pay for what she did & since he wasn't able to finish the story that never happened, but in your story Barbra was dating Richard! So WTF dude?! First off can you explain why Richard would actually date such a treacherous slut such as Barbra after a she's done to don? Barbra is a fucking slut--do you actually want me to believe that she's changed? Once a slut always a slut! Richard didn't seem like a moron in castlestone's original story, so why did you butcher his character as well as don's? It makes no sense at all to me as to why Richard would date a woman such as Barbra the cum slut. I also found myself a little irritated that you tried to turn Barbra's character around, she cheated on her husband for 3 years with 24 different guys yet you try to make it seem as if she's a changed woman who deserved a second chance, well she had numerous chances & she flushed them down the crapper each and every time so why try to make her character likeable ? I furthermore thinks its ludicrous at your attemp to have Barbra finally going public & repair the damage she inflicted upon poor don, why did she wait 8 years to do this? It makes absolutely no sense at all. Her actions were hollowed & too little too late. She should've done the interviews & publicly defend don the day of the divorce, all she did in your series was blame don's sister & her attorney for ruining dons life, she didn't seem to accept that she was a grown woman who had a choice in the matter of cheating on don & destroying him in court & she failed on both counts so her mundane attempts at restoring don's good name seems like complete bullshit. I don't think Barbra suffered at all, she might've started suffering from buyers remorse but she didn't feel the pain I as would reader would've enjoyed heaping on her. I liked that Maria invited her to the wedding to rub her slutty nose in it but I wanted more. I don't think Barbra was courageous for finally coming clean with the public about how she truly had fuck don over, she waited too long to do this. You totally butchered the characters I'm surprised you didn't put Barbra & don back together since you seem to be trying to redeem her character. Castlestones story had me lauging your version didnt have the humor nor the cusine but you warned me about this. Your version of Sofia was ok but I didn't love it. I feel this story was missing a few key details, but other than that an ok read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I hope your goal was closure and not reproduction

If your goal in continuing this series was to give closure then you accomplished it ( at least partially ). You however left out everything but the bare minimum . You butchered Don, no getting around that, you warped his feelings abruptly and it threw the rest of story off ( everything), but you followed castlestone's original direction in what I believe most fans would have guessed was the ending( more or less). When I found out you did a continuation I was excited for the ending I felt was long overdue, and you delivered in a direct freeway point A to Z kind of way. My personal grievance was you didn't seperate the point of view like castle did, you just wrote and I found it hard to keep track of who's point of view I was reading from. You took 10 to 30 literotica pages of Castlestone's original manuscript and condensed several months of day to day adventures to 5 pages of fastforwarded plot points, totally forgetting that this story was a journey and not a one shot story .I am grateful you took it upon yourself and wrote this continuation with help from the original editor so thank you for choosing an ending out of countless possibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
An unenviable task

Plenty of critics and some valid points but some a bit vitriloic as well. Well done for attempting to conclude someone elses work. Watch your use of a & e Eva/Eve, Maria/Marie.

A pass mark from me.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Thank you again -

I, as many do, appreciate your work and the finish to a great story -

I do agree with the observation that the pace picked up a bit too much and many expected details got lost - like the sister's lives, or the interaction at the former office with her lovers - but what is there I think you got right and we would have had nothing without you -

Every writer has their own style and approach and you clearly worked to paint the picture as CS would have while holding the brush in your own hand - hard to do. But thank you again -

FullCircle56FullCircle56almost 11 years ago
Good End to a Great Story by Another Author

I'm not a prolific commentator, but this was a very adequate end to a story that needed one. No one can write or even begin to duplicate another author's style. Your unenviable task succeeded. Thank You for trying!!

Ca501Ca501almost 11 years ago
BRAVO!

You did CastleStone proud. Your style is different but the story deserved to be finished.

wanoldmanwanoldmanover 10 years ago
ADDING MY THANKS

I only found CastleStone yesterday. To read in the comments that he was gone, was disappointing to say the least. I really enjoyed his stories and style.

Then, in another comment, to read you had finished Sophia, I had to locate you and finish the story. Very impressed with your handling.

Now I can read and enjoy YOUR stories.

wanoldmanwanoldmanover 10 years ago
ADDING MY THANKS

I only found CastleStone yesterday. To read in the comments that he was gone, was disappointing to say the least. I really enjoyed his stories and style.

Then, in another comment, to read you had finished Sophia, I had to locate you and finish the story. Very impressed with your handling.

ow I can read and enjoy your stories.

kansasjackkansasjackover 10 years ago
Thanks ...

For completing this story for myself and many others. As far as the negative criticism is concerned ... fuck them. After all, it is just a story.

keep on keeping on ...

smc331smc331over 10 years ago
Thank you.

Castlestone left some awfully good stories behind - and some awfully large shoes to fill. Thank you for providing closure to the series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks for the effort, BUT

Northlander

I appreciate the effort, but really wish you had NOT made the attempt . Poor as CS's punctuation was, he didn't make as many plot or writing errors as you have On top of that, you completely changed many of the characters from what CS had developed

" While I couldn't use his material"

Why not. You could have a preface that clearly states the facts. " This chapter was written by CS, and was being edited, We have been unable to contact CS for xx months, and with the permission of his editor, I am presenting MY version of the plotted, unfinished chapters"

"Paul Hughes was a big man who quite honestly disproved the theory that black males were better equipped that white males. He was so impressively equipped that his previous career had been as a well known porno star known as Poleaxe Paul."

??

That would tend to PROVE the theory, wouldn't it??

Eve? The club owner's name was EVA, and the way things ended between her and Don, originally, there is no way in hell they would be so cozy as you portray them (nor can I see her getting warm and fuzzy watching Maria and Don dance, as she was originally written )

"Maria and her friends made me see that I wasn't 'helping' so much as 'controlling'. "

Um,

That isn't even close to the Don that CS wrote about

"The original two million dollars was a fair settlement. "

Except for all Barbara's bonus checks deposited to an account in the Caymans, right? And the presumed but never proven "hidden assets" of Don's, which were subtracted from his portion the known Community Property Or the "freeze" asked for by HER lawyers that lost 3.5 million?

"In the Judge's case, it was decided she was not part of the conspiracy since there wasn't sufficient evidence against her"

Lack of evidence?

She did not recuse herself when she found out one of the lawyers was her cousin. She called an "expert" from the bank that Barbara worked in, and determined with NO evidence that Don had hidden assets. Not even a slightly biased Judge would do that She was FULLY in on the conspiracy to totally trash and economically destroy Don

"Robin, my flower girl, followed by Megan, Cathy and Vanessa slowly walk down the aisle ahead of me, followed by Freddie."

Who the fuck is "Cathy", and why was Freddie following Maria?

"Richard passed my hand over to Don and then stood to one side."

The Father of the Bride (or whoever gives her away) DOES NOT stand with the couple during the ceremony. He/She sits with the rest of the Congregation

"and he asked if we wanted to dissolve the company. Marie felt we should hang on for a while.'

Who the fuck is "Marie"??

"Maria was the first pregnant model for the company. The other girls started handling the mature and the disabled"

"Maria was the first pregnant model"

OK, that makes sense

"The other girls started handling the mature and the disabled"

So who was the mature model, and who was the disabled model??

Don banished from the Kitchen unless invited? Very VERY unlikely And he DID NOT leave any kitchen he worked in a mess, as Louise states The Don that CS wrote COULD NOT do that

Barbara is dating Peter (with Don's blessing) Who the fuck is Peter?

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 10 years ago

I thank you for you effort.

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

There certainly were a number of problems with CastleStone's original work - among them poor punctuation, problems with the way he got characters' thoughts across and the many point-of-view changes without announcing them annoyed me as well - but at least he wrote a story so exciting, I couldn't put my tablet down!

Your continuation is a respected effort in order to find closure after the story of a dear writer colleague has left us before his time, with at least this work forever unfinished. I commend you for wanting to fix that, but I can't say anything else positive about "Sophia Continued" because I was really let down by it. That's the risk you take by continuing another writer's works, though.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
thank you

for the closure

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great work by both authors!

Sorry for the untimely response, I just came across Literotica.

Stepping in to complete an unfinished work is a daunting task. Those who can't write, criticize. I started reading Sophia, Part 1 ten hours ago and haven't been able to put it down, neither the original parts nor the continuation by Northlander, until I just finished. I haven't down that with a written work since I first read "the Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien in one weekend back in 1968.

Kudos to both authors.

As for the one commenter who wanted to know who Sophia was, please look up Sophia Loren on line and look for pictures of the most fascinating female eyes of all time. (And the pictures of her showing that voluptuous body aren't anything to sneeze at either. If Maria looked like Sophia in her prime, Don is the luckiest guy since Sophia's husband.)

For CastleStone:

Requiescat in pace

Max604Max604almost 10 years ago
Thanks!!!

Thank you for finishing the story. You did well.

juanviejojuanviejoalmost 10 years ago
5***** for Northlander.

Amen for Kansasjack and his wise comment. I agree, Amigo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good..

It was a very good effort, but when was it implied that Eva had met the three witches before, much less started to form a rivalry with them. The whole thing about Eva wanting to nail the three witches came out of the blue, and not in a good way. Don is still a wimp, but a really nice guy.

But I really appreciate you finishing the story, it brought some much needed closure. I don't like pining for an ending that wouldn't come, especially for a good story like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well Done

Glad you finished it, one of my fav series... No gamma lamp didn't seem to affect it too much.

CocoaNMiloCocoaNMiloover 9 years ago
BRAVO......... and THANK YOU.

The original was a GREAT READ and you continued the character profiles, the plot developed well. I was engrossed in reading this and was satisfied through to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
thanks

thanks for finishing this story - this story - it was too good to leave unfinished. Too bad the original author died as he had good promise

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I wondered what would happen and original Part 4 stopped???

Thanks to NorthLander for finishing Castlestone's story! I wondered why it might end unfinished until I read the transition. And also being just a little bit dumb, I wondered all the way through why Sophia instead of Maria was the title of the story. And if she looked even a little bit like Sophia, I can unserstand the attraction as she was one of my favorite foreign actresses in the 60's.

Thanks again and I look forward to reading additional posts by both of you.

ColinthedogColinthedogover 9 years ago
Thankyou

You have given conclusion to a fine story by a fine author.

phil2213phil2213about 9 years ago
Kudos to Castlestone for a masterpiece and Nortlander for his bravado.

Absolutely entertainment at its finest and professionalism of Northlander in completion of this masterpiece. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Seriously good story from the start ... My favourite by far :0)

Seriously good story from the start ... Your continuation was seamless and is of the highest standard ... "Sophia/Sophia Continued" has been my favourite read by far and I don't expect to read better anywhere.

Both Northlander and castleStone should be very proud of this work.

Thank you both wherever you may be, for all your hard work :0)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Kudos

************ speaks for it self :o) great job !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
don't mean to offend. ..

I don't mean this as an offense... but you weren't the writer to complete this work... that isn't to say that you arent a good writer... but you and castlestone perceived the world in entirely different ways... and you have totally different personalities... and it shows drastically in the characters... his story was just that... storytelling... wonderful engaging storytelling... yours was more a description of events.. while I appreciate the closure your ending gave... it was a little disappointing following the delight that was "sophia"... I know you gave it your best shot... and again... we appreciate the closure.... but im still left with a feeling of looking at a repair with duct tape and thumb tacks... jmo

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thanks.

Not the same as Castlestone, as I really missed his humor.

It does close off the story and your story was appreciated on its own

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Too many incosistancies

There were too many different errors in names and other fine details to give it a 5 star rating. But I appreciate your willing to give it closure that the story like so many others needed. I miss the humor in the previous original chapters; however since you are two different authors it is to be expected. I certainly don't hold it against you. Thank you for an ending to the saga.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
Why did you rush it and make so many foolish errors??

You wrote: What really hurt was when she said that the biggest enjoyment for her was not the sex, but the feeling of power over me that began to replace her feeling that she was always in my power. ...

YOU HAD IT BACKWARD..... IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN..... FEELING LIKE I ALWAYS HAD POWER OVER HIM AND HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
My thoughts on authors and their lamebrained excuses to justify cheating

Nearly all these authors bend over backward to make up excuses to justify these low-life bitches cheating on their hardworking and faithful husbands. I think they deserve to have their own wives giving THEIR "Till death do us part" pussy to every hot cocked stud who rattles THEIR door handle and then see if they’re still willing to accept and justify it.

In this story, the flat-assed truth is that the filthy, self-centered cunt reveled in fucking other men using the very instructions in the books that her husband had bought for the two of them to learn from... even callously making NOTES in the margins and hiding the books to keep him from finding her hot updates. She did it with no conscience, no memory of what she’d seen him do to save her from being raped by three guys, (because he’s a wimp) no conscious awareness of the fact that he has a very large cock compared to nearly all of the guys she’s getting fucked by and no guilt about hurting a man that she knows has never done anything but worship the ground that she walks on. Yup... women like that are "justified" in doing what they do but they need to be more careful so they don’t get caught. To them, it’s perfectly alright if everyone they ever knew knows that his wife is a cheater and whore, as long as her sucker never finds out. But if he does... "It wasn't anything"... "I didn't mean to hurt you."... "I didn't know what I was doing." ... any b.s. story she can frantically spew from her mouth to get him to forget that she's a dirty piece of trash.... and, when that doesn't work, IT'S HIS FAULT THAT SHE WENT OUT AND FUCKED EVERYONE WHO EXCITED HER PUSSY BECAUSE IT WAS DANGEROUS.

There is no forgiveness for a woman who’d do something like what this filthy cunt did.... She saw it through to the end of the divorce... saw him being defamed and destroyed and did nothing to stop it. If anyone deserves a cheating Muslim wife’s execution, she’s THE CHEATING WIFE.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
You wrapped it up pretty well.

Not the same without the humor, etc. but not bad..... except for one major fuck-up in describing Poleaxe Paul as disproving the theory black men being larger than white men. If he's HUNG, how was he DISproving the 'theory'? Wasn't he CONFIRMING it??

Anyway, thanks for finishing the story for CastleStone. He was a highly gifted author whose work will be missed

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumover 8 years ago
SOPHIA was..... SOPHIA LOREN ... BIG TITS.... BEAUTIFUL WOMAN... SEXY ASS

... BIG TITS.... BEAUTIFUL WOMAN... SEXY ASS... COME FUCK ME, I NEED IT SO BAD. . . . .

THAT'S who Sophia was. (for the people who missed it in the early part of the story and never figured it out)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Closure

Nice effort to provide closure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Nice job, thanks for finishing the series.

While some may complain that the stories were not as verbose as the original series, the length of each segment feels about right. By the end of the original series we knew where this was going.

winterreisserwinterreisserabout 8 years ago
Try writing stories yourself!

Far too many negative comments by readers under the cover of Anonymous and non-submitters with only a username as cover, for my taste.

OK, I doubt if I have the talent for writing fiction so just keep my efforts at the editing level only; trying to be impartial when I do make a comment! Some other's might try to do likewise.

anon49anon49about 8 years ago
Thank You for finishing Story

Good job, thank you for finishing story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you!

I was devastated when I realized that CastleStone had passed away.

Think you for bringing this fabolous story to an ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thanks!

Thanks for finishing the story, must be hard to finish someone else's work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Comment

So these 3 continuation chapters are your own work? Or is some of it the parts castlestone already wrote and was being edited. Is there any way if these aren't what he had typed up already, that you could post those? Or would you get in trouble. Nothing against this ending it was good but if there was another direction, I'd love to read it. As I'm sure so would many others

McAnonMcAnonalmost 8 years ago
Thanks BUT..

Thanks for an elegant if unlikely fairy story ending. However if the dialogue is accurate then none of the participating women and man should have been anything less than 18 stone, and that includes the kids. The 2 main characters would have been unable to get in the shower together unless it was a family sizes cubicle, For goodness sake just say we had a nice meal as it is it sounds like a Henry VIII banquet on speed.

5* is an obvious vote for the entire story.

VapspegeoVapspegeoalmost 8 years ago
You filled a void

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you.

No words to thank you for spending time to give fitting end to Sophia. Once again great work done and do keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
THANK YOU

northlander,

I thoroughly enjoyed CastleStone’s Sophia chapters 01-04. When I realized nothing had been posted since the middle of May 2009 I was quite disappointed. You provided a well written “feel good” ending and closure to a very entertaining initial submission. If I had your ability, I would have concluded in a similar manner. THANK YOU

Is there any way that you can post a link to your conclusion @ the end of CastleStone’s Sophia chapter 04?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
SlippreySddleBum or whatever your name is

How about you drink a Big ole Glass of Shut the hell up!!

Thank you for your Stupidity

VapspegeoVapspegeoover 7 years ago
northlander

I just learned CastleStone passed away. The Sophia series. Is one of my farorites. I can't write a story using that much imagination. Thank you for stepping forward to complete the stories, you did very good job.

Thank for your effort.

LalawmanLalawmanover 7 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for finishing the story - though somewhere in it there should have been the CAKE, the PIE, the TURKEY and the CHEESECAKE!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent Closure!!!!

I feel you did a remarkable job here. Congrats.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks

Thank you for finishing the story according to what I saw in the comments section of the original stories, the original author died in an automobile accident. Thank you for finishing his work.

cybojicybojiabout 6 years ago
This was hard for you.

Castlestone wrote such a detailed, humorous, book. To attempt this would have taken me years to get it right. I commend you for for your internal fortitude to do this. To the naysyers, I hope the PDA gets after them and no CAKE either. Lol. R.I.P. C. S. this would of made a great sitcom.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A good ending to a great story

Thank you for a good ending.

RJP

brownmobbrownmobover 5 years ago
Thank you

I read the original 2 years ago and was sad that it was never finished, till today and i found this ending, well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
RESPONSE TO ANONYMOUS 12-30-13 (referred to as A)

A quotes

(quote) Paul Hughes was a big man who quite honestly disproved the theory that black males were better equipped than white males. He was so impressively equipped that his previous career had been as a well-known porno star known as poleaxe Paul. (end quote)

Then A questions, "That would tend to PROVE the theory, wouldn't it?"

I was also confused by this, and had to read it a few times. Then I realized my mistake was assuming it to read "Paul Hughes was a big black man." when what it actually reads is, "Paul Hughes was a big man."

Paul Hughes is white.

A quotes,

(quote) Robin, my flower girl, followed by Megan, Cathy and Vanessa slowly walk down the aisle ahead of me, followed by Freddie. (end quote)

Then A questions, "Who the fuck is "Cathy," and why was Freddie following Maria?"

1). "Cathy" is the "Kathy" of CastleStone's story.

2) I also took it that Freddie followed Maria, until I realized the author did not intend "followed by Freddie" to go with "me," but with the preceeding clause. In other words, in front of me is a group of 4 people who are followed by Freddie with me bringing up the rear. Northlander did not state this clearly. I can only guess that he separated Freddie from the other 4 attendants because she was the Maid of Honor.

A states,

(quote) Barbara is dating Peter (with Don's blessing). Who the fuck is Peter? (end quote)

I could not remember who Peter was. I had to search. On page 1 of Sophia Continued Pt. 01, Barbara makes contact with Peter Symons, a tall, good looking private investigator who brings her and introduces her to Richard (Maria's ex), who helps Barbara take her confession to the proper authorities.

My not criticizing the rest of A's observations does not imply agreement, although he does have some valid points. I do disagree with his somewhat acid tone -- even differing with people we can be polite and kind.

As to northlander's story, some commented that it was too hurried. For me, I felt CastleStone was not hurried enough. I skipped and scanned considerable material to get to what carried the plot forward -- something I did not do with northlander. Not saying northlander is better, although I did give him 5 stars.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A few things

We had moved much of Maria's clothing to my apartment that day,

Why would you move the women with 200 million dollars into your 3bed 2 bath apartment and not move you into her mansion?

Peter and Barb getting together - in the original Peter left Maria becuase he liked fucinking women younger than 21

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
On point

You stayed on point using fewer words to complete the story. Yet you did a fine job of writing.

biguytaz915biguytaz915over 4 years ago
Thank you for finishing this story

I read all of the originals just recently not knowing the original author didn't finish the story. 2 days after I finished his portion, I searched this site hoping someone took up the cause.

Thank you, now I don't have to play it out in my head how it would have worked out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thank you!!

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
merci beaucoup monsieur

Thanks for the closure. - Frank

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well done

Thanks you did a great job of tying up the loose ends even the style was close enough to be consistent. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
excellent!

As someone mentioned, the style is bit different. By the time it Sophia part 2, I was tired of The pie cake, etc.

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

great job with giving the story an ending. style was different, a bit more serious but it was an excellent piece of writing.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 3 years ago
Again Thank You

Northlander, you came to my attention and gained my respect by completing the Sophia stories started by Castlestone. Every so often I re-read both his and your stories about Sophia, I have even to the point of watching Grumpier old men and down loading unchain my heart.(the movie which stars a older Sophia Loren)

I can again say thank you for your work I think you miss Castlestones writing as well.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 3 years ago
This is a need work

I missed the writer of the original story finish to the story I’m sure his finish would have been great.

Since he couldn’t NORTHLANDER you did a excellent job. Of course the style is different it’s a completely different writer. So what he did was still an excellent job of finishing the story. Lets face it, this story required an ending he provided that for us, ThankYou Northlander.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 3 years ago

Thank you for this conclusion, my fellow canuck

(I know...once a brit, but now, one of us).

I entertained the idea of finishing the original

for a few years, but I’m happy you did it since

it did require some closure. Well done, Sir.

LeFrog

LoejtcLoejtcover 3 years ago

Thank heavens the story is finally satisfactorily ended.

The writing styles may be different but in fact Castlestone's version was getting so tedious that I was skimming most of it.

Northlander brought the story to a reasonable ending and with far less verbiage.

Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Well done! I was so relieved to find that another writer had completed the Sophia storyline as it just screamed for closure. I agree with the comment regarding Castlestone's stories getting overly long as the series progressed--it was obvious that he loved writing about the characters but I felt it could have been as effective with more brevity. But that is just my preference. Again, well done 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
It was a noble effort

Thank you for finishing up the story, hopefully it would have made castlestone happy

KS

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Thank for finishing the story your writing topped it off just right to bad about the castlestone, the original author.

bereznikbereznikalmost 3 years ago

A nice ending to the story. thank you for completing the tale,

JacktacularJacktacularover 2 years ago

As said so before, thank you for giving us a proper ending.

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Thank you ending the story so well. It seems you are no longer writing either which is a shame as you obvious talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for finishing a very good story. I believe you carried the content very well.

Frog

NathanColeNathanColeover 2 years ago

Thank you for giving us a proper ending, and continuing the legacy of the writer and his story.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

Very well done. Thank you fir the ending that was so badly needed. You really did justice to the original author.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Great ending but my memory sure failed me as I noticed I read commented on this story over 6 months ago.

Even the good stories kinda get shoved back on the old hard drive. Good story and thanks again for a nice ending and thanks to the editor also.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous