All Comments on 'My Sister's Love'

by antonia_pleasures

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Scholarship?

$2000 scholarship to Harvard? Wouldn't even cover food.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
good but

why do writers post stories with out going through editors first? way too many STUPID goofs that should have been caught in proof reading by the writer and WOULD have been caught by a good editor. find a good editor and do a rewrite and never ever post a story with out going through a good editor first.

DBRS

bumtombumtomabout 13 years ago
Everyone's a critic

As the old saying goes, "Those who can, do; those that can't, criticize."

Remember, most of these authors are amateurs. Sure there are a lot of stupid mistakes and occasionally some people don't have English as their first language. At least it wasn't written in British English! It was passable and very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
sloppy

Stuff like this is not enjoyable to read - "When she flew over to Massachusetts, we all left the airport in years."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
This story made me laugh

"When she flew over to Massachusetts, we all left the airport in years. "

WOW! The TSA is getting really bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

Wow, a $2,000 scholarship against annual tuition of $50,000?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
"$2000 scholarship to Harvard?"...

...Hmmm.

Maybe there's a Harvard Community College? You know, the one in West Bumfoch County? With the dorms in trailer homes, and classrooms in abandoned fallout shelters [or vice versa]? I think that would appeal to goth-type peoples.

Just have a laugh, why don't you. Go with the flow, let your imagination carry you over the bumps. And if 'ya gots ta critisize', reason it out first.

Author:

-don't just trust spell-check: it checks for spelling errors without view to context ['years' should have been 'tears'? there's a reason QWERTY keyboard set-ups suck]

-do research: at least Google for Harvard University 'tuition', 'expenses', 'fees', 'student aid', etc. If you can't do that, or can't find time, you could substitute: "full" for "$2000".

AuthorisedAuthorisedabout 13 years ago
Okay so it wasn't perfect......

...but the main thing is that you had the ability to put a decent short story into print. You can learn to fix the errors but you can't easily learn to have an imagination, so well done for that.

Keep up the writing and just take a bit more time and effort with it.

I enjoyed the story so keep writing.

Good luck!!!

Col aka Authorised

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I liked it...

I liked the story, it was a bit short but had good imagination and was fun.

The errors can be corrected and did not detract from the story to me.

I hope you continue this story!

Good Job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

DUMB

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Well.

Great story, but a 2000 dollar scholarship would cover about 5 books. I got a quick cum so thats alright.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous