All Comments on 'Live to Ride Ch. 01'

by Carnage5413

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Boys Wreck Ignition Soft Wear is Pad !

The Chapter Heading includes the word 'Prodigal'. I don't believe we share the same definition of prodigal, being "Someone who returns home from travelling, having repented of former extravagant behaviour". Overall, I see no evidence so far of the repentance. in fact it seems like 'more of the same'.

But Life started to go downhill for you at Word Twelve. When your Voice Recognition Software had your *cut* hugging your body.

And 'like minded' was a bad word choice for like-minded. A Hyphen makes all the difference.

And then the logic hole you can drive a bus through . . Nowhere was any mention made of and previous contact necessary to arrange the reception. rather necessary, unless the girl has been stretched out on the bed ever since he left.

And he tucks the gun back into his 'cut'

Needless to say they 'do the deed', but now we bring up the thorny issue of 'personal freshness'. The biker was overdue for a shower on arrival, even moreso after the activities, but still . . "no time for that shower now".

. . .I know I'm reading English and you're typing American, but "scared" and "scarred" are two different words.

. . and "100 of your closest brothers". Please use "a hundred". The numerals break up the flow of the text.

. . and why are the words "Motorcycle Club" capitalised? I'm sure a similar tale about stamp collectors would not warrant capitals.

All in all, a simple line, not a plot really, over-strewn with motorcycle references,

But thanks for the writing.

Kilroy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good Start

So far, your doing good. Starting the story out with information about why he was away, and giving a lead in for further chapters.

From personal knowledge, the type of motorcycle groups you are leading into; are called motorcycle gangs. Also, if you don't understand the 1% and 8% remarks; don't be throwing those terms around too literally.

As to Kilroy, when a club, group, or gang; are known as well as the writer is intending them to be, the name does become capitalized. Usually, capitalization is a way of showing respect to the club, or gang. And you definitely don't want to show disrespect to the gang that I believe this author is trying to refer to.

As to the 'cut': The sort of 'cut' the author is referring to is a version of a belt strap that goes from one shoulder, across the body and to the opposite hip. With attachments for guns, ammo, etc.

Would like to see further chapters, to see where the story leads.

TJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good story

Good intro. But, what is a 'cut' - is this a bike gang term?

RHinSCRHinSCabout 13 years ago
I'm with ya

Good so far. It is clear that the anonymous commenter before me doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. The quickest way to get stomped is to call a club member a gang member. He also did not understand the percentages in relation to the story. The cut he refers to is vest that signifies what club he is affiliated with. I suggest the commenter visits a clubhouse and asks a few questions. :) This one doesn't just hit close to home...it is home.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
I suppose we'll never know what a 'cut' is,

a Misprint for Gut (ever see a skinny bikie?)

or an ammunition Belt (also called a bandolier)

or the gang/club/tribe Jacket.

and as for walking into a motorcycle club/gang headquarters with a clipboard questionnaire . . .

I think I'll rely on the egregious descriptions (and explanatory notes) handed out by Carnage.

'Back atcha'

Kilroy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
What a "cut" is

Usually a "cut" is a denim jacket with the sleeves cut off on which a club member has his club patch (colors) and any other adornment sewen on. My definition may not be correct and I won't take offense unless you're offensive.

HMEditsHMEditsabout 13 years ago
Biker Lingo

Just a short note to the commenters, a lot of the lingo was left unexplained on purpose.

The snubnoses, shovelheads, cuts, patches and so forth, in my opinion, add a touch of realism to the setting.

For the same reason the members are never mentioned by name, only by "call sign", the Motorcycle Club is capitalized as is the Clubhouse and all the future locations.

As for referring to it as a Club instead of a gang, we took the same approach as the Mafia not calling themselves Mafia. It's basicly an honor thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
just what I was thinking

After I had a crazy nonstop obsession with Sons of Anarchy, I thought, "This would be a great story line for erotic fiction... I wonder if anyone wrote anything inspired by SOA." and then you did! Whoo hoo! I hope you decide to make this epic! I'm expecting it to be!

Carnage5413Carnage5413about 13 years agoAuthor
Thank You

Thank you all for the feedback and criticism. Chapter 2 was submitted today and should appear on the site in a few days, though it will now reside in the Novels and Novellas section as me and my editor decided it belongs there. The main criticism I have received is that I do not explain most of the terms and idiosyncrasies of my story, this is on purpose (I will not explain my reasons here, if you need to know send me a pm) If you are that worried and need to know what something is, Google it (it's an amazing tool)

DragonSlayer_OKDragonSlayer_OKabout 13 years ago
Outstanding!

Being a scooter tramp myself, it was a very enjoyable read. Only one complaint...much, much too short.

Carnage5413Carnage5413about 13 years agoAuthor
Little snag

Hello all, I ran into a little problem posting chapter 2 and had to resubmit it. Thanks your for your patience. If your were waiting to read the next chapter in this saga I have planned, it should appear in a few days.

Carnage5413

Just_cruizinJust_cruizinabout 13 years ago
Respect and understanding

What a great build up. I don't pretend to fully know the inside workings of a Club,but being a female and also a lone rider, I have associated with and been on some rides with patched up members. I know if I was male I would belong to a club, I love the brotherhood lifestyle. A family that has the same core mentality. The terminolgy used so far is authentic and real. Its about respect, if you don't really understand its probably going to go "over your head". I have been a fan of Literotica for quite a while and am always looking for "biker' stories, so I will be an avid fan of this storyline. Its also well written and I have just read the1st chapter of what seems a very credible storyline. Well Done.

PS... hehehe..I thought the same about the shower,I know how grimy one can get after a long hot ride. But what the heck,its literotica,go with it! A mans natural scent.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Cuts and inacuracies

The " cut " refers to the denim jacket,cut off the sleeves and you have the cut, nowadays a leather waistcoat is worn but it is still acceptable to wear denim.

Anyone in a motorcycle chapter who leaves a chapter,must hand in his colors (cut) and resign from the position held,i.e. sarge.

Should you wish to stay a member,you are allowed a time out period,however this is usually no longer than 2 months,or you are expelled and colors must again be handed in,but the officers position must be resigned at the start.

The exception to these rules is if the member deems himself to be nomad,but again,he resigns from the officers position of sarge before he goes nomad,but he gets to keep his cut/colors of the club,but changes the bottom rocker from the club area to nomad.

Keep it up author,you have the storyline,i just wish you had done a few more hours research before writing the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous