All Comments on 'I'm Not Lisa Ch. 01-03'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Outstanding

hope its going to be a long story...very enjoyable reading it

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanabout 13 years ago
Was this based on a country song?

I think there's a country song by the same title, no? <p>

The one I heard was sung by the great Tonya Tucker, in her exquitsite, twaning country voice. (Whoever who sings the song, of course, uses her own name: e.g. "I am not Lisa... Lisa has left you... I am Tonya...," tec.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Very Fine Opening Chapters

The Julie Viewpoint suggests that she is very fine person, with a slight

hang up about her Hispanic blood. Rance appears to be the typical All-American boy, but Lisa is another story. Basically I can't wait to learn more about her!

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Ditto :-)

Three nice comments. Just adding my "ditto." Another interesting story.

LuvinWritinLuvinWritinabout 11 years ago
You kinda blew it for me.

Stanford grad, 2 years experience - I was making $60g a year in the 90s she'd be making around $80 or more now. Why would she drop to a security 'clerk' that should pay around $30g - $40g. I like things believable even if it is fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
It is believable...

Actually with a last name like Sanchez, and being female,she would get paid much less, despite what she deserves, that's just fact. Additionally, jobs aren't being overpaid like they were in the '90s, and she isn't a security clerk, so her wages are believable. Also I don't think she has a hang up about her blood, but rather realistically is aware that many people do, especially when it comes to relationships, that's just another sad fact of our world. But I do think she would have been prepares for the chilly morning, salinas and palo alto both get pretty chilly early in the mornings, like the times when swim practices would be held. At least that's how I saw it... Fine job having a chicana lead... Not enough on here!

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
A Little Over-Sensitive?

"Your family originally from Mexico?"

..........

"So many people automatically assumed we were Illegals, and it pissed me off. Even Rance seemed to be implying that."

How does she get from, "Your family originally from Mexico?" to Rance seemed to be implying that they were illegals?

CurmudgeCurmudgeabout 9 years ago
A few miles south of Pueblo

Nice to see an author on Literotcia that uses a road map when writing, so often I'm put off stride by location references that are just plain incorrect.

I am enjoying this story, I hope you write many more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story

Good story easy pace just thought you would like to know

@Karen E.......surprising to see that I am reading so many of the stories that you have...what I love the most are your comments on them.....very clear ...... And you cut through the unimportant stuff right to the ones that matter

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories