All Comments on 'Hope'

by Maria2394

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
twelveoonetwelveooneabout 13 years ago
*

interesting in the middle. but this is not my type

100

GuiltyPleasureGuiltyPleasureabout 13 years ago
You did it......

.....again! I love the image of the last rose holding out until the bitter end. Hope doesn't die - to be continued by "her seeds". Nice sentiment, Maria,

Tess

PaashaPaashaabout 13 years ago
Almost spring

It's beautiful how your garden grows Maria. I love how nature plays a part in creating a wonderful poem such as this.

Esperanza_HidalgoEsperanza_Hidalgoabout 13 years ago
Wonderful

this one is beautiful from start to stop. Not too much, mixing emotions with the arrival of Spring. It sings to me when I read it aloud, and sounds of poetry is something that personally moves me.

AngelineAngelineabout 13 years ago
I can sense you stretching

your poetry wings here and you still have the gift, you always will. And of course you write about your garden and it becomes a metaphor for so many things. I'm waiting for one of your more narrative pieces because I love when you tell stories in your poems. But this is a lovely image of a poem and filled with emotion. :-)

fridayamfridayamabout 13 years ago
I love your

continuing exploration of womanhood. This is lovely and, for a man, both enlightening and disquieting.

vrosej10vrosej10about 13 years ago
~

This is a good poem but it didn't quite hit it for me and I think this is a matter of taste, nothing to do with your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
!

There's a feeling of coolness, spareness about this which gives it a feel of an end or of winter as a metaphor, but I think it might even be better if gently pruned, particularly in the first few lines.

The light lingers,an understanding, between night and day... maybe but maybe not.

Ishtat (sorry can't register for some reason)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
This certainly is…

One in the same struggles that all living organisms must cope with.

Thank you for the privilege of reading your intuitive expression of the evolutionary and emotional connectivity .of nature and the human species… specifically procreation and/or motherhood.

Sincerely,

Jes_da_man

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ha! I I finally got it

s-u-n-f-l-o-w-e-r/ way cool Maria, sneaking in an acrosstic.

gi_janetgi_janetabout 12 years ago
63 perfect words

we had an early snowstorm this year - the wind conspired with the snow to snap even the mightiest trees. now - in the dead of winter - the lesser siblings, who suffered worse, are the only remaining still dressed in leaves. nature discards the dead to protect the living. thank you for showing the dying as a protective mother.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

Very moving and eloquent.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Ahhh

I just picked up on the sunflower aspect. This is actually very, very good. I have just become a fan.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous