All Comments on 'Continental Breakfast Included'

by greenmountaineer

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Maria2394Maria2394about 13 years ago
unusual

that I do not understand what you are writing about. A couple of things bug me...

I'm thinking perhaps a comma after * so did she*

~So did she so to speak,

and this-

but felt just incandescent heat

from the reading lamp she flicked

I am just completely lost on... are you saying that is all she felt but was perhaps expecting more than just incandescent heat?

anyway, I like poems that make me think and you are always good for that :).

~ maria

twelveoonetwelveooneabout 13 years ago
*

Well, this was an interesting journey from Ft Smith to lukewarm coffee this morning and the most excitement I've seen is my flippant comments, well a 100 for that.

UnderYourSpellUnderYourSpellabout 13 years ago
~

well I read it over and over but I'm still lost, poems without punctuation tend to do that to me, it's sometimes hard enough to understand the author's meaning without having to guess where the commas go as well

GuiltyPleasureGuiltyPleasureabout 13 years ago
As......

.....others have said, a difficult read which is a shame as it has the bones of something better. There are some lovely lines and images but the whole is muddied for some reason.

I like poetry with some mystery but this has too many red herrings for me.

Tess

ishtatishtatabout 13 years ago
???

It's slightly weird to read something that seems well written but with which I somehow fail to engage...and I can't figure out why, and therefore can't really comment sensibly!

vrosej10vrosej10about 13 years ago
~

I have some of the problems with this one the others did, but I think I get the first chapter. The dude is reading possibly a romance novel either to enhance his romantic skills or his lovemaking skills. The second one suggests he did the research but when his lady comes knocking, he doesn't deliver. Am I close?

greenmountaineergreenmountaineerabout 13 years agoAuthor

I'm going back to the drawing board on this one, given the comments. The 1st stanza was an attempt to portray a loveless relationship, probably a marriage, in which the woman fantasized about a sexual affair. In the 2nd stanza she acted upon the fantasy, only to have been left by her lover after his needs were met, leaving her alone in the motel, lost in thought over a cold cup of coffee in the morning.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I obviously need to bring the narrative into sharper focus.

vrosej10vrosej10about 13 years ago
Damn sorry Green

I miss read the change of gender in the pronouns in the first stanza. it makes more sense now. Still need a little more clarity but some of the misunderstanding was down to me...I'm more than a little off at the moment...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous