All Comments on 'The Temple Called Love'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Whow! What a powerful story about love.

It brought joy to my heart and tears to my eyes. Thanks.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great

I wish there were more stories like this one.

Boyd

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 13 years ago
Wonderful!

The stories here are always about sex....but rarely, if ever, about love. I've wondered if anyone really knows what love is. That is, up to now.

Mandy01Mandy01about 13 years ago
A tale of love and romance the likes I have never read!

Thank you for posting this little pearl of wisdom. You are one who has it nailed. Tear of joy have soaked my face and I feel no shame in saying so.

This one goes into the vault for later reading. Full mark my friend.

Amanda

livnthechilifelivnthechilifeabout 13 years ago
A true love story

This is the story I will use to explain to my children about sustaining love & how to keep a marriage strong. Thank you for this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Classy

This is a beautiful gem to be found in the daily offering of rocks. Your clear thoughts on this timeless emotion are very cleaverly embedded in a span of generations thus greatly enhancing their inpact. Extremely well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Thank You

Thanks for a fantastic read. I have only given one or two 5's and even then questioned whether they were deserved. This one was a clear choice. You are very , very good.

Pls continue to write

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Beautiful Story

I've been married 38 years and have a young grandson. I'll keep this story and read it to him when the time comes.

shaman43shaman43about 13 years ago
Thanks

Love the thoughtfulness of your comments on love. The plot of the story is wondrous. Thanks for the sunlight today.

PassKeyPassKeyabout 13 years ago
Fantastic!

I agree with Mandy,quite a story. I also shed a few tears. <P>

Like the granddaughter, I will not tire of it. <P>

Thank you for writing such a tender tale, mon ami. <P>

PK

Dinora3228Dinora3228about 13 years ago
Bravo

My words are inadequate beside this story.

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Wonderful

Evokes a deep emotional reaction and probably will lead us all to thinking quite a bit about meanings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
KUDO's Author - A Highly Recommended Read About The Way Life Can Be

Very Touching - Very Real - Very Moving!<P>

A Message wrapped in what could be - for anyone.

Very nice work Author - more please.

size14shoesize14shoeabout 13 years ago
Thank you

I'm moved, touched and inspired.

Phil

M_Craig_SimmonsM_Craig_Simmonsabout 13 years ago
Brought Joyful Tears to My Eyes

I loved this story. One of the stories that brings tears of joy to your eyes.

JeffTomJeffTomabout 13 years ago
Slow but Great

This story started out slow, but it was well worth staying with it. Great story. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great setting to great story

Best story on this site. A great reminder for all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Five and a half stars out of five

A gernuine tear-jerker beautifully and thoughtfully told.

oldoelGDoldoelGDover 12 years ago
6?

On a scale of 1-5 stars, this one is a 6. It is something we all need to remember, and build on. I can't, for the life of me, think of why a woman as young and pretty and sexy as my wife truly is, could love an old guy like me. But, I tell her how I feel about her every day. I don't know how many more years I have remaining, but when I go, I'll wait for her on the other side, praying that I'm on the side I know she will be on.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
PS I LOVE YOU

the old ways were the best ways. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good story but:

If she felt otherwise , lusted for someone else it might have made this story a great one:

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wow....

What a fantastic story. Though my wife and I didn't start out as farmers (close though!), we've had somewhat the same love story. She is my life.

We fell in love at 8 and 9 years of age, or at least, I did! And while she strayed away from me in high school, nearly breaking my heart irrevocably, we were married at 18 and 19 years of age. And now, nearly 40 years later, we are still in love, even deeper love than when we first married. She is my life.

I like to keep her off-guard. I will buy a card every so often that mirrors how I feel about her. Then I will write a personal note. Sometimes it is a few paragraphs, often it is several pages. I remember once when it was six pages, front and back. But the main thing is that I profess my love for her, trying to make clear just what she means to me. She is the most important thing in my life, beyond anything else, even our children and grandchildren. She is everything to me. She is my life.

And should she die before me, I shall die soon thereafter, for she is my sun, my moon and my stars. She is my life.

Jodi? I shall love you forever..................You are my life, my reason for living.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Beauty and simplicity -

Love is easy to find - sometimes - but very hard to keep always - not that the work is all that hard but it is often hard to remember to do it heh.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Thank you for writing this story

We all need to be reminded how the roof to the temple is held in place. I think we need to keep adding pillars as long as we are together. Nor should we neglect those already in place, the pillars of romance often, as this story points out, need to be repaired, rebuilt, and strengthened and once in a while replaced.

a very touching tale.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilabout 8 years ago
Yes

This story is thoughtful and well written.

ManSellingMoonsManSellingMoonsover 7 years ago
Wow

I was left speechless by this. Amazingly done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful beautiful story

Any further praise is just gilding the lily. I am inspired.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyalmost 7 years ago
The Parthenon imagery is brilliant

Thank you

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 6 years ago
Thank you!

I am right now reading this to my girlfriend to celebrate the 45th anniversary of our first date. Fabulous!

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 6 years ago
Thank you Again!

My wife/girlfriend cried buckets and buckets.

Absolutely loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not Fair

It's hard to read with tears in my eyes and running down my face.

How deep the author has thought. How grand his ability to express those thoughts with words. The author concocted a series of heart-touching scenes for the framework into which he placed those magnificent words expressing his deep thoughts.

As far as Literotica goes, this story sits at the top, adorning the Parthenon of love.

They don't allow us enough stars to adequately rate this story.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautiful.

A heartwarming story containing a spellbinding analogy nothing short of elegant in its simplicity and ability to describe the indescribable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What is there to say

This is the most beautiful story I have ever read. Too many of us don't tell our spouses often enough much we love them. I would suspect if more people were like this, the cheating spouse stories here would have no meaning to anyone.

extemporeextemporealmost 5 years ago
Marvelous !

What a deeply touching story! The father's explanation of love to his daughter was very moving and when he found out he hadn't really TOLD his wife of his feelings,

his "sermon" was wonderful as well.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 4 years ago
Well said!

Life often requires us to struggle for our own survival and that of our loved ones, and it's all too easy to overlook the simple communication that reminds them that they are as important to us as the air that we breathe. You've spelled it all out simply and clearly. thank you.

Hans

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Beautiful.

Simple as.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A true concept of loving wife.

TrambakTrambakalmost 2 years ago

The description of the temple was exceptional.

jsch1947jsch1947over 1 year ago

Your imagination is breathtaking.

A truly original tale, not something the reader can predict.

Brilliant doesn't even touch it.

I am in the process of reading every one of your contributions.

I have loved most of them. I guess you're batting around .960 or so, LoL

I loved this one a LOT,!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have honestly read all of your stories, in a day, you write so well with so much feeling, thank you for sharing them with me

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Excellent, beautiful.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

Poetry lovers have been floored when they first see those words.

Shakespeare did not write that. Nor did Elizabeth Barrett Browning, nor did Byron. Paul of Tarsus wrote that to a very, very messed-up church full of messed-up people in Corinth, an extremely messed-up, notorious city.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous