All Comments on 'In a Bottle... Ch. 03'

by Zeban

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Keep it coming

Please don't disappear, keep it up until you finish.

crazycujocrazycujoabout 13 years ago
keep it coming...

yes....try to make time to finish or reach definite stopping point. thanks....

ZebanZebanabout 13 years agoAuthor
Of course!

I'll be around for some time, so no worries about me disappearing.

Check my profile for updates if you're concerned about it taking awhile.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
yay! more please :)

so glad you're going to finish this story after it seemed like you dropped it! seems like a rare thing on this site...

fantastic beginning, can't wait to read more, i'm definitely hooked!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Amazing story....

.....but why is it that nearly all the genie stories get either hung up in between or stop altogether?

ZebanZebanabout 13 years agoAuthor
Still working.

Probably just coincidence. Perhaps the type of author who is attracted to genie stories is the type of person to have a sporadic lifestyle. Maybe it's a cursed genre! O.o

In my case, I am a slow reader, a slow writer, and a perfectionist. Not a great combination, I'm sure, but I love reading excellent stories and my goal when posting things online for everyone is to hopefully write a piece worthy of a earning a 5.0. According to the votes you guys have cast thus far, I'm doing better. I haven't gotten any E-mail feedback in awhile, but if anyone feels they want to give me any it is always well-received. I have a pretty well embedded plot in mind, but I am all for ideas and perspective.

Feel free to tell me: Do my transitions need work? Do my characters come off as cookie-cutter and two dimensional? Would you like to see more sex? Less sex? Does the story move too slow for you? Is it too predictable?

Anything and everything is helpful, so long as it is honest! :)

- Zeb

PhxSamuraiPhxSamuraiover 12 years ago

keep um comming this is a fantastic story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Getting Lucky

Great work! I like the idea of a night alone with each of the genies. Hope to see that happen in future chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
update please

I would like if you would give a ETA please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Magic

Why didnt he learn all kinds of magic?

ZebanZebanabout 11 years agoAuthor
Re: Magic

Conversation between Alan and Misty in Chapter 3:

"Could I wish to know magic?" he asked more hopeful than skeptical.

"Essentially that is possible, but what you desire is to become like us. Humans are not creatures of magic, so it is more difficult for you to access reserves of magical energy. Because of this, most magi -- humans who have learned how to use magic -- focus solely on one type. It is scarcely within the limitations of our abilities to fulfill the desire to know one of the types of magic."

Essentially she is saying that it would require a more powerful being or years of study for Alan to learn multiple schools of magic - unless he can figure out how the magi are doing it so quickly.

pnkssbtzpnkssbtzabout 11 years ago
Why didn't he learn all magic you ask?

If he learned all magic, then the inevitable tragic event that I foresee happening in the next chapters couldn't happen.

I also don't understand why he didn't free the other 3 Genies as well like Misty...

GrelkGrelkabout 11 years ago
Thanks for the answer

Btw I just realised how powerful illusion is cuz he can make someone belive their in alot of pain, blind them with light, deafen (is that even a word?) them with sounds that only they can hear, make it smell/taste like crap for them and ofc invisibility, duplication, fake things, like if theres a hole in the ground or some trap hes made he can do so they cant see it. Btw can he make fake emotions? Like fear, anger, sadness? Or make someone whos tired feel fresh?

Wow I rambling and I cant belive I just thought of all that... ah well if you want some help with magic I think I can help.

Thanks if you actually read this ^^

Grelk

GrelkGrelkabout 11 years ago
More

Even worse is he could make someone feel and see themselves getting eaten by bugs or something... Wow... Im such a sick person...

InfiniteFoldingSpaceInfiniteFoldingSpaceover 10 years ago
I'd wish for a *really* large lottery, and the

knowledge of the only winning numbers (that seems to be the only way to instantly get stinking rich w/o the IRS asking a jillion questions).

CuriousDisbeliefCuriousDisbeliefover 4 years ago
Magic

I am really enjoying your story, but I really wish you had given a brief sentence or two to the different types of magic. Without that knowledge, I am left wondering why Alan chose the school of illusion over the other schools. Even without that knowledge a statement by Alan saying "I choose Illusion because ,,, ." would have cleared up the mystery of why he chose the school of illusion.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

I would free them all with my last wish...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userZeban@Zeban
395 Followers
Chapter 8 of In a Bottle... is dedicated to Dave, you've proven to me that you never know where you'll find new friends in life. I appreciate your time and outgoing attitude. - - - There isn't a whole lot to say about myself. I enjoy reading good books in the fantasy genre ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES