All Comments on 'The Self Sufficient Hermit'

by curious2c

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Your best yet

Regarding your opening statement, sometimes the good stuff takes

longer. This story was well worth the wait.

Al

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Yet another fine story

Curious2c is always looking for something different. Reading this was a real pleasure. His work is excellent though at times controversial.

CarcamCarcamabout 13 years ago
GOODY, GOODY, GOODY !!!

curious2c is back! I think I have read most if not all of your stories - most of which I enjoyed - but this one hit a special place in me - it is GREAT!! It is so realistic in the human actions and interactions, and you were right, sex scenes weren't needed to make it a good read !!!! Thank you, and I hope I (we, your fans) don't have to wait so long for your next work. Keep up the good work, I missed your stories!!

Carcam

GentleVikingGentleVikingabout 13 years ago
What a joy

You have excelled yourself this time. A true joy to read

double_entendredouble_entendreabout 13 years ago
Enjoyable Story!!!

I really liked your story. There were; however, a couple of parts in it that I thought seemed a bit rough. The first problem that I encountered was when Lucy went from being totally nasty, to really sweet, without anything in between. It seems to me that type of change would require at least some sort of buildup. My next concern was the scene in the store where Lucy and J.W. met each other again. Janice came on far too strong for mere teasing. She is suppose to be from Hollywood. Even in a relaxed atmosphere a certain amount of tact and diplomacy is expected from celebrities, and the people whom they befriend. Other than those two things I really enjoyed your story. Please don't take my comments in a negative light. I have read some of your previous work, and I always look forward to any story that has your name tied to it.

FD45FD45about 13 years ago
Not the run of the mill story

It was interesting, in a 'desert isle' sort of fantasy.

I know you went for a twist story. As already stated by the previous commenter, Lucy changed hard fast. It seemed strained. I would have found it much more credible for him to have to choose between Lucy and Janice and the only reason I say that is that Janice was developed much more as a character then Amber.

One omission I found glaring was how he left the bodies lying around without mention. He went back to fiind the girls clothes, stepping over the dead guys? One would think that after he got them stablized he'd have done something.

You also had a few glaring bits which were VERY poorly written (Yes, it's easy to qvetch.) But they are glaring in comparison! It's like going down a glassy smooth autobahn and suddenly hitting a pothole. You don't realize how smoothly the read is until you hit one of the clunks.

But I liked the story. You are favorited and tend to write stories which were believable and hot. That isn't an easy task.

FD45FD45about 13 years ago

Oh yes.

I'm glad you are writing again.

Thank you.

awsume_ankitawsume_ankitalmost 13 years ago
never wanted it to end...

i am so in love wid it i never wanted this to end. I made 5 desperate attempt to write long comments but since i

m using my mobile for the purpose, smthng went wrong each time. This time i'll have to satisfy wid a small one. Too gud. Ur first one i've read and will surely read the previous ones. Hats off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
don't stop

i always enjoy reading your work

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
I seldom read non-erotic stories, but ...

... but I'm glad I did this one. When I was searching through the stories in this category to read for a change, I saw your name as author and immediately knew this would be a good story to choose. You did not fail me. Encore !!

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago
And yet, another good read

Your stories are kind of like the old Lays potatoe chip TV commercial, "You can't read just one."

This story was as easy and fun to read as any I've ever had the privilege to lay eyes on. I respect and admire many of the other authors on this site, but I think your stories and your style of writing are wholly on another level of emotional quality. I've never been the sort to be all warm and fuzzy, but your stories sure bring me close.

Please do continue to write and I'll continue to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very Good Story with a Curve

A great story that flowed well. It kept me interested all the way. While reading the story I figured I would know the ending but you then threw a curve.. Very refreshing.

brujaybrujayover 12 years ago
Good Read!

Sweet story. Writing style seemed a little stilted, but not to the detriment of the story.

Thank you for sharing this story with us.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE BULLET

and hooks up and saves a life. TK U MLJ LV NV

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 12 years ago
I like it...

stilted my ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
loved it

Probably your best story. Would like to see more like this.

Sid0604Sid0604almost 12 years ago
Thank-you

Another great story. I would have to agree with the previous comments about this being one of your best. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank-you.

faithful101faithful101almost 12 years ago
Another excellent story!

I have just started sampling your writing in a systematic way, having been attracted by a couple of your recent stories. This one is excellent! It shows great sensitivity to real-world human emotions, and it therefore deepens my appreciation of the real world itself, as really good fictional writing should. Thank you for writing this wonderful story, and I hope to see more like it in the future!

john68utjohn68utover 10 years ago
A Very good story

Sometimes its good to just read a story with out all the sex.

don't get me wrong I love a good story with lots of sex, but again sometimes its good to just read a good story.

Thanks for the great read.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 TRAGEDY HAS AN ORNATE WAY

of bringing opposites into the fold. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

You are right, adding sex, into this yarn, would have spoilt what is a good story. Keep up the good work. Thankyou.

curioussscuriousssabout 10 years ago
Just had my annual reading of this classic...

...and I still like it more every time I read it.

This and 'I was a Rock Star's secret' are amongst my favorite stories.

Cheers,

Norm

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
mmmmmmmmmmmm

classic. great story, nice twist. In reality this was best for all.. sometimes though, people do not see that. any sex bar the kissing would have killed the nice story feeling. reminds me of Sales Team in terms of the excellent writing and warm fuzzy feeling at the end,

shadowdustershadowdusterover 9 years ago
Great story

One of the best. Fantastic love story.

writeanother one like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fantastic!

One of the best ever on Literotica. Enjoyed every word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
quirky

really enjoyed this one

it's made me wonder what other jems and hidden treats are lurking in the non erotic category ....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent reality type story line!

Very well written, smooth with some "chop in the stream" with the story line and well executed throughout. High quality from an engaging & genuine writer.

BRAVO!!!

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Enjoyable!

Wow! I really liked this story. You got me with the twist at the end. I thought for sure he was going to end up with actress and have a miserable life. It was so nice to see a man make a 'right' decision when he picked Amber. Good job and thank you for a real good story.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
could have, and should have been in Romance

Might not have had explicit sex scenes, but did have a lot of the love and emotions that lead to them.

Well done.

a question. If the storm raged for several days, and the waves surged to a 100 feet, what was left of the wreckage and the bodies for the NTSB to research?

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfover 8 years ago
You really should...

Expand on this story, I've loved reading what you have here. It needs to be continued, no, it cry's out to be continued. One hell of a story. Continue on from where you left off with Amber and him.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
Who is J.W.?

how did he come to be in that small corner of AK?

How old is he?

How did he purchase the acreage he is living on?

How did he build the business with all the necessary tools and equipment?

if she is only 19 what do they have in common?

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

On one hand this story dragged on a bit, on the other hand I would have liked to see the two love interests fleshed out some more, and to see more interactions, especially with Amber, so that the love declarations felt more believable.

Too much space was spent on him floundering and acting like a shy and insecure boy in the face of the matchmaking etc. which I found pretty annoying

Alaska84Alaska84over 7 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your stories with us!

A large number of Alaskan residents enjoy being in remote areas. If they are fortunate and find someone to share their dreams with they are very blessed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Mmmmmmmmmm

Just wonderful

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
Enjoyable

Realistic. Good character development. Plot focused on a clash of life styles and the choices we must make if real happiness is our goal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

Enjoyed it alot thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5

Good tale with a a remarkably logical conclusion. But i will make a minor negative observation. Young amber wouldve been out salmon fishing prior to now, after all she stripped naked coming out of hypothermia in the shower. Thats pretty bold to then turn into a shrinking violet. But your version presents urgent drama with hollywood reappearing.

WillupbossWillupbossover 5 years ago
NICE JOB CURIOUS

Nice job buddy. Keep up the good work. I enjoyed the twists and turns.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent storyline!

This is one of the best loving wife stories. Totally ignore rightbank’s comments. All of his comment and questions are silly. He forgets that our hero was stabbed in the back by his fiancée. At the end he is marrying Amber so it is a true Loving Wife Story. Rightbank probably wants the author to rewrite this story with sex scenes and have our hero eating Paul’s cream pies out of Amber! Well screw rightbank and push him into Swingerjoe’s camp!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Heck of a short

Really enjoyed this story. Very well done. The twist at the end with JW choosing Amber was masterfully done!!!!

LostlurkerLostlurkerabout 4 years ago
Weird

Was going wellish (although no one seemed to mourn all the dead AT ALL) but the twist at the end came from nowhere and didn't make all that much sense. Not a bad story though.

redking2882redking2882about 4 years ago
loved it.

as someone like J.W. who initially believe in love i could totally relate to him for the first third of the story. i normally dont read non erotic stories but i truly loved this one. probably one of the best stories ive read in quite some time.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
Thank you so much, Loved it!!

Very good buildup to a nice love story. Nice twist at the end.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Good call, I'd imagine Hollywood and rustic don't mix that well.

Was expecting them to have a short fling before coming to that realisation, but I guess this works as well.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Well Done

3rd Read. 1st comment. Really well done. Enjoyed it a lot. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

good story, good research on life, conditions and people in the north. only rebuttal or fantasy is the idea or reality of people falling in love with some one or each other in 2-3 days. falling in lust certainly, but lust is a far cry from love, though it may follow with time if a relationship develops. JK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I overall like the story, but I absolutely HATE the merciless "teasing" (read: bullying). He should kill that interfering busybody cunt of a shopkeeper, and all good people would applaud!

CriosCriosabout 2 years ago

Great story!

Notice author hasn't written anything in a decade. Anyone know if they're still around?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like the old days, a woman wants a man and will do what she can to make sure she try's to show him she's interested in him. Then stakes her claim and pushes the boundaries out. I will bet she will not cheat o him or him her. The only problem with the age difference is he will die first and that will kill her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just another weak story of a pathetic man being manipulated by nagging conniving women who are convinced that they know better than him what he wants or needs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of your best stories and I am just about finished reading all.

NoBullAlNoBullAl4 months ago

Probably the best story that this author has written!! MC is a little rough around the edges but personal experience has introduced me to several ¨hermits¨ that have many similar characteristics!! Unfortunately none of them have so far been lucky enough to stumble onto an as understanding woman as JW did!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very good story. I like it all, with the exception of one thing. JW’s cranky asshole attitude got old pretty damn quick. He reminded me of me after my wife died. But at least I had the good sense to just stay the heck away from everyone for a year or so. And that wasn’t easy since I live right in the middle of a metro area of about eight million people. But other than Jw’s attitude I thought the story was absolutely great.

5 stars

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 month ago

Enjoyed the story but in the back of my mind I kept thinking about the bodies of the dead guys just left out in the weather. Not that JW could save them, but the families might like their bodies back instead of being left to the elements. I'm also thinking that Amber is more of a fit for the MC than Lucy would be. Hollywood and Alaska are two worlds apart, it would only be a matter of time before things fell apart. Liked the way it ended.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous