All Comments on 'A Single Kiss'

by SweetOblivion

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
twelveoonetwelveooneabout 13 years ago
kiss/this

Let's play a game SO, since you seem to take a neo-formalost stance, i.e I saw your "best of the weak" comment on a poem that tries to set off poetical pyrotechnics and winds up the functional equivalent of a bottle rocket, where am I going with this? Pay attention to the words. You missed something PG did. Now yours, how far do you press the language? "The first drop in her ocean," How far do you align the words?

"moans=high winds", since I see no other contrast, I assume this is an unthinking mistake. How far do you press yourself? Looks like more of the same from you.

Your poem, some questions? Just questions. Why aren't the first words uncapped? What are you trying to accomplish by the rhythm of the first line? Is effortless/caress, true rhyme? Check the "rules". Now, since this announces itself as a sonnet, what do I compare it to?

How do I as a reader judge it? How do you as a reader judge things? I've seen too few comments from you on others work to make that assessment.

See, I can look at this and say it is rather stale, but it tries for something, and most don't even make an effort. BTW, this is nice

"eyes shine like the sea-wet stones"

But again I can read it as "drippy weight", meant to impress...who?

I gave you a 5, somethings to think about; you can delete the comment, as it I was never here.

twelveoonetwelveooneabout 13 years ago
*

I got your message, you can delete the other comment. The problem sometimes is people get too focused on a particular aspect of writing, reading. It's always a balancing act. As far as rhythm goes, this feels a lot smoother than what I remember of some of the others. And you have to excuse me, I just had a month long battle with the princes of metrics.

I already voted gave you a five (earned), keep up the good work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSweetOblivion@SweetOblivion
190 Followers
I enjoy caring relationships with quiet, polite, women with open minds and good senses of humour, be it in a longer-term arrangement or just a one off. If you are up for it, I will engage in daddy-ply, d/s play, impact play and other sensual games. Definitely not into hurti...