All Comments on 'The Sting'

by estragon

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
April0647April0647almost 13 years ago
A pleasure to read

As always, I am glad to read your writing and enjoy your wit.

April

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 13 years ago
Hahaha

Very funny. :) And so far, to my knowledge, I haven't had anything stolen, but no matter -- well done, sir. :)

estragonestragonalmost 13 years agoAuthor
Just to Prove No One is Exempt

from my quibbles, I here and now quibble myself:

As a prank, the next evening, she hacked into the United States Military Academy's website, and flunked Robert E. Lee and Douglas MacArthur in basic mathematics, and gave them record numbers of demerits.|One “and” too many. Should be: As a prank, the next evening, she hacked into the United States Military Academy's website, flunked Robert E. Lee and Douglas MacArthur in basic mathematics, and gave them record numbers of demerits.

Meili's prowess assured her of her continued use of the apartment|Too many “her”s. Should be: Meili's prowess assured her continued use of the apartment

General Commanding

that anyone caught trying|I must assume the line-break is a formatting error.

he soon found out that private soldier's bunk|Unless you’re trying a pointless dialect joke, which would be utterly out of place here, should be: he soon found out that a private soldier's bunk

satisfaction of the entrance exams|Don’t you mean “entrance requirements”, not “exams”? One satisfies requirements, and passes exams.

Our Nations' Capital.|Not unless we have more than “One Nation, under God”, old chappie. Singular form takes apostrophe “s”, thus: Our Nation’s Capital.

anything, you homophobic bitch.|I know you’re changing focus here, but it’s too abrupt. Better cut “you homophobic bitch” here, and save it for the dialogue with the Colonel.

The adventure continued.|If you mean “The adventure continues”, i.e., that this is chapter one of a longer series, say so. If you mean to leave us hanging, this is a particularly lame way of doing it.

See, I told you no one is exempt from my quibbles.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Lots of Fun

Interesting ideas and projections.

lioness_71lioness_71almost 13 years ago
Interesting

I did notice some stories go missing, but i just assumed the author took them down.Obviously, that wouldn't have been a very interesting story for you to write.

Good read.

estragonestragonover 12 years agoAuthor
Does Life Imitate Art?

From the Associated Press, December 12, 2011: "WASHINGTON -U.S. cybersecurity analysts and experts say as few as 12 different Chinese groups, largely backed or directed by the government there, commit most of the China-based cyberattacks stealing critical data from U.S. companies and government agencies.

"The aggressive, but stealthy attacks, which steal billions of dollars in intellectual property and data, often carry distinct signatures allowing U.S. officials to link them to certain hacker teams. And, analysts say the U.S. often gives the attackers unique names or numbers, and at times can tell where the hackers are and even who they may be."

Is there a real Huang Meili and a real Jo Cumming?

MaddieKimMaddieKimabout 12 years ago
Oh, estragon

Why didn’t you let us vote? A 5***** for sure. Thanks, I needed a smile today.

estragonestragonalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Life Imitates Art - Part Deux

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/confidential-report-lists-us-weapons-system-designs-compromised-by-chinese-cyberspies/2013/05/27/a42c3e1c-c2dd-11e2-8c3b-0b5e9247e8ca_story.html

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous