All Comments on 'The Legacy Ch. 01'

by kingkey

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
kingkeykingkeyalmost 13 years agoAuthor
more to come

Chapter 2 is waiting for them to post and chapter 3 is with my editors.

foxy_lady76foxy_lady76almost 13 years ago
nice

nice beginning...awaiting for the next chapter

MizTMizTalmost 13 years ago
Waiting

to see what's next. I think this is a really good chapter on getting introduced to a character. I'm hoping chapter 2 sets up the story line, and I will be watching for it. So far there's more to like than dislike, so I'll be back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a good intro

introduces main char n setting in an interesting way

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
Sometimes the Similar Stories direct us to very good stories

this is looking like it will be one of those.

Short Chapter, but it really triggered my curiosity.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
I feel like the cat

as in

curiosity killed the cat

5 short chapters leading to a series never completed. Unless you are masochistic, or thrive on disappointment, save your time and stop now. You will work your way through an introduction to what could have been an interesting visit to an alternative universe. One that was never written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Missed this one!

Somehow I missed this story of yours! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of it. I'll likely be rereading your Doc story afterwards, I've sent feedback to you on it thru SOL back when you were still writing it regular<grin>. I hope you are still out there just with a bad case of writers block{grin}.

Jake

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Background Corrections

I enjoyed the story, but some of the info on the Corps is wrong. The honor man in a boot camp platoon makes PFC upon graduation not L/Cpl. He might make L/Cpl if he has done something extremely heroic. Therefore, he would be a L/Cpl after Force Recon school. Yes, Force Recon, not Raiders. The Raiders were disbanded in 1943 or thereabouts. Recon may consider themselves as the descendants of the Raiders but they don't claim the name. Also, only two promotions in over twenty years? What a dirt bag (lol). Present day Marine Corps regs cut a S/Sgt's career at twenty years and Gy/Sgts at twenty-two years. He should have made at least Gy/Sgt before his forced retirement. I did 22 years and retired as a Gy/Sgt. Thanks for listening.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Gunny

Hey Gunny, not to disagree with most of your comment, and respect your knowledge about promotions, but the Raiders were reinstated in 2006 and are often referred to as Marsoc. Basically Recon is still the Marine Corps strike/elite unit and Marsoc is the Marines contribution to the special ops community and coordinate with other spec ops groups under USSOCOM. When they first got reinstated they pulled a lot of folks from Recon which pissed Recon off and gets people to confuse the two.

Of course, I haven't read the rest of the story yet, so it very well could have happened pre '06 and then your info is correct.

Anyways, thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Oo-rah,

An interested (and hopefully slightly more informed than avg.) civvy

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story is starting out really interesting but be aware that the last chapter that was written 11 years ago means the story is incomplete.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES