All Comments on 'About loving Loving Wives'

by Porlock

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
Author, read some LW stories before analyzing the genre....

....like maybe 1000 not just a couple dozen.1.)-the problems most "retribution" minded readers have with some stories has to do with lack of a realistic response, not the "moral relativism" you aver.2.)-Your statement re Don Vito is inane. Don Vito is a prime example of an avenging angel. Who cares how he died. We all "frolic in the garden" in our old age.(Except for Mendon Fischers, God bless him.) 3.)-You really think most LW stories are cuck.???? Question: How much "Foxygen" have you been huffing?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good analysis

I too have been puzzled by the vitriolic comments against the cuckold stories in particular.

For myself, I identify with the straying wife, even though I am male. For it to work for me, the husband has to be agreeable and the wife has to be reluctant, but is seduced and does it willingly in the end. I suspect I am sublimating a desire for a polygamous relationship.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 13 years ago
Nicely done

A good analysis of the genre as we see it here. Well written with a few sentences that made me laugh out loud. You could probably have gone on for another page, but you hit the high points. I have always wondered about the anon types who trash the stories and am confused as to why they are reading anything on this site, let alone this category?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

The reason "TROLLS" write nasty comments about the stories in the LW category is mostly because the category NEEDS subsections.

One of those sections that is desperately NEEDED and probably wanted by such writers is WIMP SISSY CUCKOLD STORY CATEGORY. If a writer male or female wishes to write about thier fantasy/nightmare then put the story in place where like minded readers can read it. I will also admit there should be a TORCH THE BITCH category where all cheating wives and husbands die horrible painful deaths after they have been found cheating.

Then there are the stories that have and are about whores/slut wives that fuck and suck anything they can with no thought to the husband except to feed him creampies and humiliate him. That belongs in the FETISH category I am sure many other categories could be set up and stories written by writers of a certain type would then reach their target readership and the scores and comments would then reflect that story instead of the 1 bombs dropped by readers who dislike a story.

One of the worst crimes this site makes is confusing IR whore/slut stories with normal LW stories they often make the mistake of gettign the category wrong same applies to the BDSM stories that end up in the LW category, it's simple if you enjoy a sadistic lifestyle then don't put it in the LW category.

As for your LW stories? I can't see anything to like in them but then your stories didn't 'Float by boat'

txcoatl1970txcoatl1970almost 13 years ago
Loving Wives

I sort Loving Wives stories into three categories:

Happy wives enjoying their marriage with their husbands

Happy wives with an understanding with their husbands that while still number one in their hearts, work out who gets to play how.

Unhappy wives straying from their husbands for whatever reason.

I like all three when well-plotted, fun, and sexually hot. By and large, I find the happy monogamous wives and unhappy cheating wives most believable. Swinging and polyamory exist, can work out, but require a lot of negotiation. Most people barely treat one lover right, much less multiple lovers.

My vitriol is for the selfish spouse who cheats simply because s/he can without regard to the consequences out of contempt for their spouse, because it violates the play fair, be nice, and everyone having fun rule to good sexual shenanigans.

My berserk button gets pushed when a spouse starts acting childish and thinking they get to do whatever they want when they'd scream like a gored pig about betrayal etc if THEY got cheated on. Tit for tat's a losing game. Figure out if you still want them in your life and they still want to be with you. If not, to guote Dan Savage, "Dump the Motherfucker Already!", move on without whining, and try to learn from the experience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Anon's comment of subsections is correct!

Loving Wives is too broad of a category. Most of the stories categorized as Loving Wives are really "Cheating Wives." Suggestions to Literotica to create categories recognizing this have been ignored by Literotica. I suspect most readers are weary of the cheap "cookie cutter" stories written by authors who have no skills that are flooding Loving Wives that almost always have a man as a cuckold wimp. Literotica, WAKE UP!

maturemadness2maturemadness2almost 13 years ago
I like this

Great job of analysing this genre. I agree with putting some of the stories in other catagories, but they just don't fit. A "cheating wife" or spouse genre should be included and then maybe a lot of those vitrous comments would disappear from Loving Wives. As a writer I have been the recipient of some of this hatred for cheating wife stories. Mostly by "anonymous" comments. I suspect one of them has written a comment on this submission. Not that I haven't received any from "users", but there comments also tend to be constructive and suggestive. If someone gets into a story and doesn't like it hit the "back" button and find another one. Simple as that but hen there is no pleasing some people

pa47epa47ealmost 13 years ago
well done...............

Am glad you did this.........it seems to need doing periodically.........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great Observation ...

Wonder if some of the persons who comment will even read this if it's not in the "LW" section?

northlandernorthlanderalmost 13 years ago
Excellent Article

Good analysis of what can constitute a loving wife and the need for either three or four different categories, or subcategories within Loving Wives. I for one get tired of clicking on a loving wives story and finding that it ia either the usual wimp, the wife thirsting for big black cocks (Surely another form of racial discrimination) the wife doing whatever she pleases. It is so discouraging that I now rarely open a loving wives story even knowing that yes there are some damn good stories in that category.

magmamanmagmamanalmost 13 years ago
Yes, a few added catagories would seem to help.

I personally am one of those writers that often find myself wondering where to post a story. Like all of my life, I find I just do not fit well anywhere. Thus if a wayward mate does not get scorched, (common) some are outraged. Reconciling (actually more common) can also garner outrage. For some, burning down the house and eating the children would be the only possible answer.

For others, the only anger would be from not getting to watch.

We all want readers, we all covet the red "H", and it's truth that many of the catagories like "Mature" and "Erotic Couplings" get bypassed. Some of the best erotic scenes are in Sci Fi, and even a few Non Erotic have jolted this old man into interest. In the Romance catagory, those can get interesting, some have been known to bring a tear to many readers.

But loving wives gains the most attention, this I am sure of looking at my own counts, anything posted in loving wives often gets twice and more the number of hits.

So it has become a bit of a catch all, if there is a wife even mentioned, into that catagory it goes.

There are many reasons for sexuality outside of marriage, that not only is extremely common, but ranges from a need for shame to mutual lust, anger and pain, yet for some acceptance and enjoyment?

This means that for many readers, the odds are against their own particular desires without fail.

Yet the problem remains the same, the number of different types of loving wives catagories would need to be at least a few dozen, if not a few hundred.

So there is only one possible answer, if into a story that is not your cup of tea, one click of the mouse fixes that quickly.

Just MHO,

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

The Loving Wives is definitely interesting. I rarely read them but if I do I definitely look for the motivation behind the infidelity. And not some stupid "she is lusting for big cocks" because those have me rolling my eyes.

And of course I want some retribution. But some people go crazy over that aspect of the story. I refrain from referring to men as "wimps" because they love their wife and want to see if their marriage can be saved. But most seem to favor the "torch the bitch" stories which are usually so dumb they are laughable.

bruce22bruce22almost 13 years ago
Good Analysis

Well written and calm. Really it is difficult to understand why a reader should be frothing at the month, wanting that the protagonist, the cheating wife, the author and all those who liked the story would read such a story. Personally my guess would be that these trolls work on polishing their negative commentary and do not even bother to read. Obviously, having so many different flavors hidden under the same category helps the negative reactions, but still I find no difficulty in closing a story that I do not like, though some only show their true colors close to the end...

Thanks for bringing up the topic of subdivision. Personally I would solve this but by putting the key words into the blurb. Inventing a new category for each story would be tiresome......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
1/5

People as old as you shouldn't think about, let alone discuss, anything of a sexual nature. Because it grosses everyone else out.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRideralmost 13 years ago
Interesting....

This commentary is an interesting assessment of the stories posted in this category, and the variety of motivations for people who submit the stories. For the most part, it seems to be a reasonable analysis of the "why" people write, and read, the various stories.

Nice work.

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantalmost 13 years ago
Interesting analysis

“In nearly all the Loving Wives stories I've seen which are written in the first person and the narrator is male, he is a husband and not the "other" man or men.”

....

“The common trait of these motivations is that they are selfish: she chose her actions for the sake of her gratification, and hers alone. It is that one-sided motivation that makes infidelity as painful as it is.

Does it always have to be that way? What if the wife's motivation is not selfish and one-sided?”

I thought both of these observations were very perceptive. I read an LW story recently where the narrator was the wife, and she thought – because of her husband’s preoccupation with internet porn featuring cuckolded husbands – that he wanted her to do the same.

She talked herself into this idea, and set out to have sex with a stranger – to put herself in the proper frame of mind to have sex with a stranger while her husband watched – but lost her nerve at the last moment; she couldn’t cheat on her husband even if he (or so she had convinced herself) wanted her to do so.

The upshot: she confessed to her husband her narrow escape, he blew up and wanted to know why she thought he wanted to watch, or even hear about, her sexual adventures with another man. Well, says she, I keep catching you reading stories like that on the internet, so the idea must appeal to you.

Yeah, says hubby, it does – but I’m the other man.

I know only one story – “Out of Town” by “blueboard” posted ten years ago - in the Literotica archive that is told from the POV of the other man. This author hasn’t posted for several years, and it is a shame.

His stories were always inventive in plot and unpredictable in outcome, and the narrator generally not too nice a guy, e.g., the only story which involves a “blueboar” narrator watching his wife have sex with another man happens because he (the narrator) couldn’t believe she’d go through with it (he didn’t realize she knew he was watching) and she kept waiting for him to come in and break it up

katibkatibalmost 13 years ago
Good

Nice analysis. I agree that "Loving Wives" is a wide category into which many diverse types of stories get placed. How and if to make sub-divisions is a problem. Almost all the female characters in LW seem at least to start out as truly "loving," but circumstances change their behavior. But even during or after they engage in extra-marital adventures, most can and do remain loving wives.

What I hope to find in this category, though, is emotion: the emotional factors that cause a spouse to go astray; the emotional reaction in the cheated-upon spouse; and the emotional turmoil involved in reconciling differences. The best authors (in my opinion) are those who can convey the emotional whirlwind caused by infidelity.

I am put off by lengthy depictions in the same story, often repeated almost verbatim, of various sexual acts that really do nothing to advance the plot. Monster cock syndrome belongs in the fetish category, not LW. I agree with those who assert that the humongous black cock story may have racist overtones.

I also am annoyed by evidence in many of the LW stories of lack of attention to the mechanics of writing: grammatical errors, malapropisms, poor punctuation. For an author to be sloppy in his or her work is an insult to the reader.

H.H.MorantH.H.Morantalmost 13 years ago
Post script to my earlier comment

"blueboar" has another LW story in the Literotica archive called "Vacation in Yorkshire" I recommend it - it has a number of twists and turns that completely differentiate it from the standard LW fare

masterfeedlarrymasterfeedlarryalmost 13 years ago
Bravo

Well written, well analyzed, and insightful. Unfortunately, I don't think it will deter the trolls from continuing to fling nasty criticism at both the story and the author. Nevertheless, what you wrote needed to be expressed.

AhabscribeAhabscribealmost 13 years ago
Excellent Essay

Some very insightful observations, Porlock and some insightful comments from readers, but still, I don't think we've scratched the surface on why LW gets some of the most scathing vitriol by some readers who by now should know what the category is primarily covering. I suspect we need to peel back the layers of why the concept of the cuckold (willing or unwilling) really pisses some folks off to the point of becoming verbally beserk. While the majority of my stories fall into the incest category which one might assume is much more taboo, I rarely get the scathing remarks that I've gotten for my few LW efforts - mostly not attacking my skills (always in debate...lol), but over the characters and their actions...remarks that are almost frightening in their vehemence. I sometimes wonder if we're hitting too close to the mark as to what some readers are keeping bottled up inside them and it scares hell out of them or if they are simply revisiting old wounds, preferring to pick at scabs rather than heal and move on (and I expect to catch hell for these remarks as well).

As to what/why I like these stories...I haven't a clue. I have a certain fascination for the wife who is either seduced by another man or is caught up in her own lust, but as to why???

Perhaps there does need to be another category - A Cuckold Fiction category, but I doubt the debate and anger would cease. I suspect the same angry readers will be staying with the category and their remarks not lessening in the slightest. They are, after all, entitled to their opinion. I try to never delete comments on my stories unless there is an attack on another commenter or it strays into absolute ugliness.

In any event, well done, Porlock - you've provoked an excellent discussion.

zed0zed0almost 13 years ago

Kinda booooreing and lacking sex. Absolutely no comedy relief or plot! And since when did restating the obvious become analysis? Analysis requires some kind of conclusion, and I didn't see any. Of course I was reading with only one eye open.

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 13 years ago
Sometimes I think its for the ratings and comments.

I have written stories in 'Loving Wives' and in 'Sci-Fi'. At the writing of this comment, my best rated Sci-Fi has been read by 1530 times with 0 comments, and my best rated Loving Wives story has been read 65289 times with 43 comments. I believe that the basic cheating wife story brings more emotion to the readership, and that's what the readership are looking for. Bad behaviour brings in more readers. Sad...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
loving wives

Personally, I believe the reason that LV gets as many comments is that of the "taboo" categories (incest, non-con, non-human...) it is the one most based in reality, which makes it easier to identify with one of the characters. The when "our" character does not react the way we believe they should, one can become upset.

The deeper issue is related to cheating and how we as humans are drawn to the danger, but we hate the repercussions, especially if someone cheats on us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
You left out anoother common denominator:

Stupid characters. Patricia51 somewhere commented that it seems impossible to create cheating characters who are intelligent. Stupid and selfish wives and on this site, more often than not stupid husbands. For the men their stupidity too often lies in low self esteem that leads to a need to be shamed by the woman who supposedly loves him. And worse, the story itself looses believability as a result. The selfish, sadistic, stupid wives are allowed by their husbands to humiliate them under the guise of extreme love, or fetish, or just outright sadism. Words like sensual, seductive, erotic, loving do not enter into this. "But it was only sex." Too few husbands seem to have brains enough in these stories to say stop or good bye. In fact the extreme cuckold stories often take on the racist card by using the mythical black man whom no woman can resist. Again: stupid and selfish. Matt Moreau and JPB are the kings ( or queens? ) of this story. Sadly, both are very good "writers" who have chosen one theme, one plot and cannot seem to move past it. Even the so-called swinging stories seem to inebitably have the man becoming a watcher and the wife actually being upset if he tries to have a good time himself. I wrote one author a challenge: try to write a cheating story with the man and woman born intelligent. I am convinced it cannot be done. Oh, and let's not forget the myth of the foot long penis. Put a little mustard and onions on it and wives go nuts and the husband becomes a pathetic wimp. Stupid. Selfish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
re: You left out anoother common denominator:

Ya pretty much stated my sentiments. I open these stories hoping that maybe, just maybe, there will be some originality, some thought, some effort displayed in the story. Far too often, those hopes are smashed.

<P>

I've been reading stories on the net for almost 20 years now, going back to when alt.sex.stories on the USENET was about the only source. It far too many stories, I find nothing that J. Boswell wasn't doing so long ago. To use an analogy, he was creating Jaws, too many stories are Jaws 20.

<P>

When I open a story, the default rating is 3 -- average. If there is nothing but the same trite, cliché characters and plot, it goes down. Most of the time, it goes down.

<P>

Of particular note was this: "Matt Moreau and JPB are the kings ( or queens? ) of this story. Sadly, both are very good "writers" who have chosen one theme, one plot and cannot seem to move past it."

<P>

Well, yeah. If you perform one action over and over and over, you will get good at doing it -- and little else. The women in JPB stories are almost all alike. They almost always tell the husband it was only sex, and can't seem to have a clue why the husband has a problem. They claim they don't want a divorce, never thinking for a moment that they may not have a say in the matter, never comprehending that the husband could possibly want a divorce. How many times is the guy (at best average, often rather shlubby) astounded to be married to one of the most beautiful women he's ever met? Of course, the other guy is almost always bigger and more vigorous. JPB isn't writing new stories, JPB is posting the same story over and over. Unfortunately, the same can be said for the vast majority of "these" stories.

<P>

BTW, if I one can tell exactly what is in a story just by the category and without reading it, that is essentially stating that such stories are all alike, that they are cookie cutter, paint-by-the-number stories written without and effort or skill. As such, the question isn't why give "these" stories a good rating but, rather, why aren't poor ratings even more prevalent.

Nitro70652Nitro70652almost 13 years ago
first time reading this category

Well written, intelligent, informative (for those who actually will open their eyes to such information). I've never read stories in this category (Reviews and Essays) before but I'm glad I did read this and I'll hope that other stories in this category are equally as interesting. Thanks.

ryu77ryu77almost 13 years ago
Been reading LW section since 2003....

What I don't like:

1. Unconsistent characters. Nothing makes me rage than a husband that is portrayed as inteligent, strong and will¡minded suddenly turn wimp & pathetic.. UGGGHHH

2. Humiliation. This should be in the fetish. Almost all the stories were the husband agrees to have an open realtionship he receives the short end of the stick.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Missing a part of the attraction of LW

I am a happily married man with an active sexual relationship with my wife that is constantly drawn to the LW category (it is usually the only type of stories I read). I have thought long and hard about the attraction.

I do not want to share my wife with anyone else, and all indications are that she does not want to stray. I am neither titillated by the thought of nor afraid of being cuckolded.

I think the attraction for me (and I think for many men) is seeing a wife - especially the kind of staid, proper, and sometimes comfortable wife many of us have - become an overtly sexual being. When I read these stories, I can imagine my wife becoming a little more like these women, but only with me. When other lovers are involved, I read them metaphorically as myself becoming more overtly sexual as well. I think we all would like our wives to treat us in the same way the wives in the LW stories treat their lovers.

PorlockPorlockalmost 13 years agoAuthor
Good point, Anon:

Anon, you've touched on some very good points. There's something very satisfying about a wife who liberates a robust but repressed sexuality. It's even possible that some wives reading such stories can take a little bit of that spirit with them afterward.

<p /> <p />

Also, the outcome of most of these stories is that the wife, whatever she's done and whomever she's done it with, ends up with her husband in their home, their bed and their marriage, and that's how she wants it. The wife has done some "sampling some other wares" and hasn't changed her mind about what really matters. That can make for a satisfying read. Of course, tragic outcomes are also perfectly valid subjects, but there are relatively few of them.

<p /> <p />

There's also the role fantasy plays in our lives, and stories are one kind of fantasy. Whether in our own minds or through a story, we can fantasize about things that would be ill-advised in real life. This is especially true for some other genres, for example incest and non-consensual, where for some the fantasies may be enjoyable but the same thing in real life might be horrible. The happy-ending type of LW story is the same: things turn out for the best; we get the fun without the risk.

boojum17boojum17almost 13 years ago
An excellent post.

This has to be one of the most well-written and balanced essays I have ever read on these pages.

LW can be a minefield for those tempted to choose it as a category in which to post, and if their material is 'tainted' with elements of BDSM or Fetish - which these stories quite often are, the writer will incur the considerable wrath of the LW devotees.

Quite why they are so dismissive is often something of a mystery to me and, to be honest, it is a niche I seldom read and wouldn't post to. As Porlock says in his essay, if I might paraphrase, chacun a son gout (my apologies over the lack of diacritical marks - this page seems not to like them).

We all have our own interests, kinks, preferences or fetishes; we should be happy that we have such a marvellous place in which to write, read and fantasise about them, rather than involving ourselves in needless internal conflicts.

I think this probably sums up best the way I feel; you might want to consider it: Celebrate your joys where you find them. Don't analyse them. Don't label them. And, whatever you do, do not ask someone else to validate them.

Thank you again, Porlock, for a most interesting and erudite piece,

syd_v63syd_v63almost 13 years ago
It's About Time

Let me start by saying GOOD ARICLE!!! I have really come to dislike the fact that Literotica allows for Anonymous posts. My inane belief however naive was that the comments section was an attempt to allow the readers to give honest, constructive feedback to writer as well as praise and disappointment for how a story turned out. I find a great deal of the criticism that the author speaks to comes under the authorship of Anonymous. I have no issue with people having opinions about stories like or dislike but some of the comments border on hate, they are not constructive, and act as though these stories are real. Thats right I hate to burst your bubble fellow readers but a great deal of the stuff posted here is fictitious, made up, fantasy. It amazes me that on a site like this with thousands of stories to choose from people cant just find what they like and move on. Hell Im not a fan of homosexual exploits so when I come across it in a story I move on. I dont take it upon myself to bash the writer or scream that the whole story should be in the Gay Male section. I notice that no one screams when there is a lesbian passage in a Loving Wives story, where the wife so loves the husbands she grants him his fantasy of having sex with two women at once.

Personally I thought that the Loving Wives category was a bit tongue and cheek. I didnt take it to be as limiting as to only include stories of wives who truly love their husbands. If that were the case shouldnt those stories be posted in the Erotic Couplings or Romance sections where all the happy endings take place? If this is the case ever single story that includes anal sex should then be posted in the Anal section.

shangoshangoalmost 13 years ago
Did you even bother to read "The Godfather"?

Or did you just watch the movie? In Puzo's classic (Which he wasn't very fond of) a young Vito Corleone was working as a Clerk in a small Grocery. When the local "Don" had him pushed out of his job, he then tuirned to petty theft to feed his family. This SAME GUY came back into his life and tried to shake him down for the Lion's share of his latest haul. This was the final insult to Vito. In most stories, the wive's did not have a single drunken indiscretion, but in alot of cases, Affairs that lasted months and many times resulted in a child or more. This SCREAMS revenge. Keep in mind, most men put themselves in the "Hero's" shoes when they read almost any literature and they want the "good guy" to win!!!

PorlockPorlockalmost 13 years agoAuthor
@shango

Puzo wrote the movie screenplay (with some help from Francis Ford Coppola), as well as the novel.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at in your comment. You say the husband of an unfaithful wife might want to get even, which is not in dispute. Depending on the individual, it's a perfectly natural emotion, in a story or in real life. You seem focused on stories where that feeling is strong and leads to action, usually successful. I said that, speaking for myself, I find such stories personally depressing. I also said that while a story in which such success leads to permanent satisfaction can make for good fiction, it is at odds with reality, especially in the long term. It's perfectly fine if some readers of such stories enjoy them and accept the conclusion. I said that, too. I'm just not one of them.

That leaves me to conclude that you differ with me about the realities of revenge. You say that some situations scream revenge, which I suppose may be true. The lust for revenge screams; the realization of it barely whispers.

Think of the things some strongly motivated and minimally restrained people do for revenge. In the kind of story we're talking about it's usually not blind, immediate rage; it's much more likely to be some coldly calculated, exquisite plan to really sock it to the cheater, the successful execution of which makes him feel vindicated. The time, effort, thought, and often expense dedicated to this goal (which I distinguish from seeking equity, a different matter entirely) are consuming, taking a toll on everything else of any importance in his life: his work, his recreation and other pleasures, his relationships with other people, and myriad injuries, great and small, wrought by the careful preservation and nurturing of a caustic emotion. The bigger and more elaborate the plan is, the greater the cost, all for the sake of the fleeting moments of pleasure as shock, dismay and suffering befall the intended target. If he's lucky he might even drag out the giddy euphoria of his success for a matter of some hours, at best. Feeling that good for much longer happens only in fiction.

Now tell me: is that what you'd call winning?

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 13 years ago
A well balanced look...

even with some differences in opinions voiced by those who can't/won't go a day without picking a few nits. I enjoyed reading the essay.

Thanks

dad2you2dad2you2almost 13 years ago
sdy-v63

Everyone on Lit is anonymous. There is not one real name listed on the feedback. So that means you are using a pseudonym yourself. That means everyone is anonymous. You just hide behind a fake name is all.

SamWarrensSamWarrensalmost 8 years ago
Thoughtful commentary

You make several good points. Lots to think about.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
well said

Thanks

KlinsingKlinsingover 6 years ago
Complex genre

The "loving wives" category seems to have some of the most emotionally complex stories because of the shame/humiliation element which is also a turn on factor for the male partners of the loving wives in these stories. Some people need that in the sexual experience evidently and these stories are a great way to explore the dimensions of those emotions, e.g. the seeming contradiction of pleasure within shame, and see that others share them.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
This article was written six years ago

And it could have been written yesterday and been just as relevant.

Perhaps the only addition I would make is something that has become clear to me in recent times with stories, which is the distinction between the facile 'excuses' given in most stories by a wandering wife for her adulterous behaviour and the deep and complex real reasons why a wife may become open to doing something which she knows society frowns upon.

It's not easy to explain those reasons in a story, but most LW authors don't even try. Do they have any understanding at all of the female psyche? Do they really want to understand?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Shared Opinion

I could have written this exactly if I possessed any writing skills. The vicious revenge stories are usually skillfully written, but too often they are unfair to reality and become emotional downers. The title "Loving Wives" to me means exactly what most of the stories should be about...wives who have sexual experiences with others and continue to love their husbands. I enjoy eroticism that enhances relationships for the characters and the readers. All your stories were an enjoyable read in every way...five stars all! Thanks for sharing your talent.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
The usual Literitica loving wives cheating tale

Is about a mind numbingly stupid and clueless husband ,who is then emasculated into become lipsticked cuckold who reconciles for the children or to be noble or she really didn't mean it and loves him with her whole heart and soul other than when she is accepting strange penises in her vagina.

VorstenVorstenover 4 years ago
Good but personally unenlightening

I was hoping to learn something more about why it's so popular but I'm still where I was. I guess the mindset is just too alien to my own for me to actually understand it beyond "different people like different stuff". That said while I can't enjoy the stories a lot of the top sex scenes seem to end up in the genre.

Thanks for making an effort to explain things.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

All the reasons you've stated is why I avoid writing in that category. Romance will remain my main lane, thanks!

LongDrawLongDrawabout 2 years ago

Porlock absolutely hits the nail right on the head and smashes it straight through the thick head of those Literotica trolls that assume that the Loving Wives category can be nothing other than hatred towards women who cheat on their husband or vice versa.

His description in the last 4 paragraphs is exactly the type of relationship I have been creating in my story, VY: A Beginning And An End, here on Literotica. Alas though, the trolls insist on 1* bombing citing the same old "that isn't LW" drivel.

Good for you! 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous