All Comments on 'Melanie's Memoirs - A Married Slut 08'

by NonStopFunGuy

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
MrHandsMrHandsalmost 13 years ago
The role of the husband - more important than you might think

As I've gone through this story, the thing that sticks out to me as a weakness in the story is how little consideration Melanie shows toward her husband, or perhaps more accurately, her open disdain for him. I'm not talking about her craving for sex..that's not totally unreasonable where there is a mismatch sexually. That part I get.

The part that doesn't ring true is how consistently disparaging Melanie is toward her husband. It makes her a less than fully rounded out character. From the story, we get that he doesn't ring her bell in the bedroom, and that sex probably isn't especially important to him. Fair enough. He is, apparently, romantic, considerate, hard working (when he doesn't have to be), doting and a generally good guy. With the exception of his sexual prowess, he's pretty much everything we expect a man to be. Is Melanie so dim that she can't discern that? Since she avoids any kind of romantic entanglements with her fuck buddies, because she says her husband handles that part of the relationship well, I have to think that she appreciates and enjoys that part of her life; that her husband meets those emotional needs more than adequately since she has ample opportunity to have that with guys more attractive than him. This is one slight clue that it's all not bad with this guy.

At the same time, her husband is mentioned repeatedly throughout the story both by Melanie and other characters in a negative light. I guess that some part of the fetish for the author is to express contempt for the husband. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if Melanie did go off with Michael and set up house where she had permission to have sex with whomever she wanted and it wasn't really cheating. Will she find that having all the sex she wants isn't as satisfying without the emotional component of doing something hurtful behind the back of someone unsuspecting, innocent, genuinely good, and who seems to love her - someone she does actually love (though you can't tell it by the author's handling of the relationship)...?

Maybe Melanie is as one-dimensional as she seems, and the key to her happiness is simply measured in the amount of sex she has. That would make this story and her as a character far less interesting. With all the attention the author has placed on what Melanie is doing to the unsuspecting husband, I can't help but think he's a bigger ingredient in the psychology of all this than has been explored.

The author has an opportunity to take this story to another level in terms of complexity and believability, but I wonder if he has the chops to bring it off.

beretta84beretta84over 5 years ago
i can't...

wait to see how this ends.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNonStopFunGuy@NonStopFunGuy
3405 Followers
The photo is from a REAL fan... who was, shall we say, favorably impressed with my stories. Ahhh the rewards of being a Lit author!! *** AS OF JUNE 2023: OVER FOURTEEN MILLION clicks on my stories!!!*** ***Author loooooves feedback, esp from dripping wet female readers!!!!...