All Comments on 'The Diary of Captain Picard'

by greenmountaineer

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
twelveoonetwelveoonealmost 13 years ago
A5

King Leopold's Ghost

Darker River, closer to home

ishtatishtatalmost 13 years ago
`

Good Poem GM. V

Google Captain Picard if you care for irrelevant irony.

greenmountaineergreenmountaineeralmost 13 years agoAuthor
ishtat

Thanks for the comment. Quite honestly, I chose the surname because it's common in nearby Quebec and goes back to the earliest French settlers of the province. If I had remembered the Star Trek connection, I would have chosen a different surname because it complicates the voyage; pun intended.

GuiltyPleasureGuiltyPleasurealmost 13 years ago
where'd my comment go?

It praised this - 'nuff said.

Tess + 5

twelveoonetwelveoonealmost 13 years ago
RE: Picard

well, that clears that mystery up.

Now a disclaimer for any readers that follow, what I have to say should not distract or detract from your interpretation of the poem. I feel it is a solid five. GM, here you go after distant and easy targets, (slavery and hypocrisy), you have enough talent to explore something a little more difficult. I suggested one closer to now, and home. Dare.

DesejoDesejoalmost 13 years ago
very nice

Beautiful wording as always.

I particularly liked the first stanza, sucks the reader right in.

And as for Captain Picard: Any trekkie knows that Picard also loved poetry, and I for one would love to see you do a piece set in the Alpha Quadrant. Make it so! (sorry. Nerd tendencies kicked in)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous