All Comments on 'Remembering Ava'

by subtleperfume

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
CABONECABONEalmost 13 years ago
Simply Outstanding

The love in this story was palpable. Maybe a little truth in there? Sweet, romantic and loving. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
awww

its stories like this that make this whole ridiculous website worth reading. its loving and sweet and completely exciting. i'm sorry for your loss. i hope i get to experience anything remotely close to your love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Some feedback

The setting and characters were wonderful but I was a little disappointed in the execution. I made it up to the first page of page 4, where the realistic rejection from Ava caught my attention after skimming most of page 3, and felt a bit turned off with how sudden and easily they made up. I honestly didn't even feel the 50's setting was there and they pretty much talked and acted like modern but conservative characters, which is kind of a con when i'm looking for historical fiction.

You obviously have a huge amount of talent with writing, just saying I thought this could have really been emotionally moving but it never quite made it there for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
beautiful

very nicely written. 6/5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good

Loved it!! Coulda gotten into The action a bit sooner though.

ALittleAwkwardALittleAwkwardalmost 13 years ago
I feel so warm and fuzzy after reading this

I really enjoy your writing style. It draws you in very well, and as a sort of an artist myself I appreciated the artist's perspective. I can only hope to find a love like this in my life. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Great story

I always enjoy reading your stories. I am so glad you added another one. The love and the tenderness makes the story so intimate and memorable. Thanks for writing another sorry please keep it up

CharleenWCharleenWalmost 13 years ago
Thank you

I love romantic love story that include erotica. This delivered, so thank you :-)

QuantumanQuantumanalmost 13 years ago
Terrific writing!

Not only very erotic, but your writing is flawless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Very nice!

Very sweet, very romantic, very erotic, and most of all, quite well written. One minor quibble: At the end of page 5, when Ava is embarrassed as she recalls overhearing the women discussing their sex lives, you refer to her "creamy" complexion. That's not a word usually used to describe dark skin.

ukulelemanukulelemanalmost 13 years ago
Bravo!!

What a wonderful story, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
This is the way erotica is supposed to be!

I love all your stories, but this is my new favourite. Beautifully executed, romantic, and not unrealistic at all! I love this story, and admire your style. A heart-warming and delightful romance. Thank you for a wonderful read.

Cherokeegal75Cherokeegal75almost 13 years ago
I cried

OMG that story was wonderful I could not stop reading I could see them how they would look.

These stories like this need to be seen these are the women without those of us now could never be out and open.

I am new to writing and loved this story.

Thank you for this story I will check for more of your work!

virginiarainevirginiarainealmost 13 years ago
Beautiful story

As always, you deliver a beautiful well-written story full of love and eroticism. Bravo. I an truly sorry for your loss, and I can only hope that at the end of 50 years, I feel as fortunate in love and life as you have. Thank you for sharing your memories, your love, and your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

You have a wonderful talent for writing this story was beautiful!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wonderful!

Thank you for a lovely story!! Loved the humanity of your characters. It's so good to read a love story on here which is believable and one where the emotions and fears are explored.

dreamzdreamzalmost 13 years ago
Amazing!

One of the best reads in my life.Thank you for a beautiful story.

embersofloveembersoflovealmost 13 years ago
Amazing!

Read this one aloud to my fiance, at the end, she and I were both in awe of the all-around beauty of the entire story. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

WOW! WOW! WOW! I love this story! My bestie is beautiful, and I am head over heal fallen for her, but our friendship would end if I ever tried anything like this! What great memories you will always have to cherish!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Lovely

Beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
The Best Love Story EVER!

Your love story has stirred so much pride in the women who came before my generation. Women who had to hide there love for one another. I feel very lucky to have read your story and hope that others in my generation (40s) and the younger lesbians will read this and know how very fortunate we all are - forget politics - marriage rights and such - love is what we all need, desire and have just rights to. Thank you a thousand times over again.

With Adoration,

Carmen & Karren 18 years and counting 8-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Beautiful

What a great story. I actually wanted to cry thinking that this is what so many of us want and need. Thank you for this...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Be proud!

I love this story all of it!

The way you present the character, how they evolv (them and the story)

I have read all of your stories and this one is the best, no doubt!

Be proud of your work! And keep on writing!

nipponnipponalmost 13 years ago
Amazing

Even though this story is less focused on the sexual side of things, the attention to many details has turned this into a very erotic romance. I think that's something quite spectacular.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good story

It's a good story, but there are a few things that annoyed me about it. First, I don't think a teacher in the 1950s would use a word like "crap" talking to a student, let alone a female one. And the other is the way you use words like "gonna" and "gotta" in the narrative. You write very nicely, and that sort of thing grates, particularly when you're writing in the first person from the point of view of a well-brought-up and well-educated woman during the 1950s. Was there any special reason for that?

RellyRellyover 12 years ago
just beautiful

great story. very touching and extremely hot at the same time. :-) i'm very partial to stories about interracial relationships, as I've been in more than a few myself. great job! i'll be "enjoying" this again later. ;-)

fvbsfvbsover 12 years ago
good story

I am glad that i found this website. As a Non-native English speaker, I am using this website to learn English. :)

Your story is very enjoyable. Cound't help wodnering was this true?????

aliparksaliparksover 12 years ago
The way write...

You write very nicely, and the story was entertaining. So different from most of the stories on this site including my own. I plan to read all of your stories as this on resinated with me in a lingering way. It was less about sex and more about a special relationship that bloomed over a life time - but it was great.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Incredible

I loved this story very much. I really enjoyed anticipating their love to blossom and it was a really nice break from all of the crazy instant sex stories you see on this site. It's no wonder that this story is highly rated and praised. Thank you for this wonderful story. Even more amazing that it is true!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent story, masterfully delivered!

The way this story unravels relentlessly submerging you into this awesome characters is simply astounding. The way the author pace the story in order to build up the expectation multiply the effect of the story resolution. This was a great, great read. Thank you very much!

Ex0ticPrincessEx0ticPrincessover 12 years ago

Wow.

This story was beyond beautiful.

I loved it.

I just adored the Christmas gift Ava got for Stephanie.

Beautiful, beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Beautiful and intense. Thank you so much!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
thank you so much for sharing...

your wonderful story! very inspiring, romantic and sexy as hell... thanks again!

jessicaj64jessicaj64over 12 years ago
Simply wonderful

Thank you for one of the most beautiful, endearing and captivating love stories I've had the pleasure of reading. It it expertly written; my heart soared with Stephanie's, and I wept alongside her. Quite simply wonderful. Bless you.

Jessica <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Torn

I was upset pressing 'page 6' of this story.

I was livid when I saw the length of the last chapter.

But overall, my review of this story would to be a perfect score!

This story has a riveting dynamic to it that's usually not found on online writing sites. Anyhow this is a wonderfully involving story and I would read it again and again and again.

Chase613Chase613over 12 years ago
I......

cried, thank you this was a beautiful story of love and romance. Sigh.....wow

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Lovely story

Just the thing I was looking for, a lovely story. And now I'm late to work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Beautiful

this story is my fav

thank you for writing it

candymamacandymamaover 12 years ago
damn

Talk about love you 2 deserved it and i cried some more becuz of the thaught of Ava being dead and i so thank u for letting us get to know her all in all this is a great story keep writing and keep them coming,

From Iris

we loved every moment of the love and devotion from this story THANK YOU plain and simple we are grateful and it made me and Iris cry like babies and we loved every moment in time on this story,

From Misty

TWO AWE STRUCK BESTFRINDS

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

My words fail to do this story justice, yet I am compelled to try, for rarely do I find such a beautiful and moving story - here, or elsewhere.

The story felt authentic, real, and that includes the historical perspective, which so many authors get wrong. The prose flows beautifully, even poetically.

I dare say it is the best story I read this year. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Wow! What a beautifully honest & poignant story. So, not only are you an artist but, also a very gifted writer. I am truly sorry that the love if your life has past on. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
beautiful story

That was a beautiful love story! I enjoyed reading it from beginning to end!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
oh my

This story was amazing. As a young lesbian, I can relate to all the thoughts that Stephanie had and the way you wrote it made it seem so real. I loved the fact that you set the stage before diving right into the sex. Thanks so much for writing this.

julesbabejulesbabeabout 12 years ago
Lovely

A beautful story.

DeadlyVirtualDrugDeadlyVirtualDrugabout 12 years ago
Beyond amazing

You are an extremely well accomplished writer. I absolutely adored this story! I completely envisioned this as a movie. No doubt in my mind that it could be! <3 Beautiful story and beautiful young women to have shared such a precious and loving life with each other in such passionate love <3

LiveCatLiveCatabout 12 years ago
Truly beautiful!

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that story, I think you write beautifully.

Thank you,

Cat

xx

washdog10washdog10about 12 years ago
Beautifully Written

One of those stories that will resonate with all who read it. It addressed taboos that were there in the fifties and sixties and did it in a way that made me understand that these women fell in love long before the lust was on the table. I don't think either of them planned on loving a woman and that is what is so intriguing to me. The beautiful in their love, and beautiful and sensual in their lovemaking. A wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Beautiful

I want to share a love like this. Thank you for letting us experience yours. <3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Curiosity

This story is absolutely breathtaking. The prose, the honesty, the possibility, even the intimacy. Start to end it is gripping. The only question I have; is it true?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
A great thank you for a great story

Beautifully written, slow and heady.

Thank you for the experience.

Winter LotusWinter Lotusalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful

I'm not sure how to describe this story. Its erotic yet heartwarming. I'm not sure if I even cared about the time period so much as the love story and tragic, yet happy ending.

Wonderful, I loved it.

fingers46fingers46almost 12 years ago
I also think this is wonderful,a beautiful,romantic story

You must write more,you dont have enough stories on Literotica yet,this is decidely exceeding good,Well done is not enough,but one doesnt want to be overeffusive being a brit,

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

A breathtaking love story, Couldn't keep my eyes off the screen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Remembering Ava

That's wonderful story and I can't believe they last long 50 years to count being together is a blessing. And remembering my own past relationship just last 1 or 2 years no matter how I loved the her I let it go for sake of her happiness to be with other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wonderous

This simply is wonderous, and that's not a word I use often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beautiful

This story was absolutely beautiful. But, I think, on the wrong site. Remembering Ava was less erotic and "hot", and more loving and tender. And I'm glad I read it. It was a wonderful read

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beautiful

Absolutely beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
lovely

Abosolutely a breathtakingly beautiful story...

KatrinaLovedKatrinaLovedover 11 years ago
Amazing

This story has to be one of my favorite stories I have ever read. At first I thought it would be not at all sweet and romantic. More one-night-stand-ish and get-it-over-with,but it was slow,warm,and heartwarming. Love in one of it's purest forms. Please keep sharing stories like these,for the world is in need of them.

KunyomiKunyomiover 11 years ago
Amazing.

This whole story was brimming with emotion, it was so much more powerful than anything I've come across on this website that I can't find the right words to describe it.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us.

YoungOldTimer96YoungOldTimer96about 11 years ago
Best Story on the site!

This story isn't just merely erotic but loving and romantic and just wonderful! I have to say this is forever gonna be my favorite erotic story and it has inspired me to get better at my own erotic writing. I mean the reader feels such a connection and love for both of the character, and the name Ava was perfect it makes me think of Ava Gardner who is just as smoking hot too. It would be so cool if there could be a follow up or telling about another part of there beautiful life together

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Romantic and beautiful

I got pulled into this thinking it was about Ava Gardner...it was so much better than that. Thanks also for a peek inside the illustrator industry.

dgowredgowrealmost 11 years ago

Sweet! So incredibly sweet and so brilliantly written. So glad I found you.

young_blood_haughtyoung_blood_haughtalmost 11 years ago
Oh yeah!

I copied temporary into a word document for discreetness, and let me say,

That was 46 pages of pure bliss.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Touching, romantic, and tastefully erotic

I really loved this story. I normally don't like erotica because it tends to just sound awkward, but this was so beautiful. Even the sex was tasteful, while graphic enough to earn the label. The characters were real and heartful- genuine. Using the frames of race and time period was intriguing, and the whole retrospective storytelling was genius. I would love to hear more about Stephanie and Ava's relationship. Coming from a young generatiom that now enjoys the early fruits of labor of women like them, I really am fascinated by LGBT people (especially women) who braved the worst back before it was socially acceptable to utter the words "lesbian" or "gay". I wish I could tell each one of those real life pioneers thank you for being trailblazers for kids like me. The best I can do right now is leave this comment and hope someone sees it and understands my appreciation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
The kind of romance we all long for

Beautifully sketched characters, a wonderfully natural style of narration, a lyrical use of language bordering on the poetic, a story that builds to a resolution that is surprising and yet seemingly inevitable. And the coda is pure gold. I can't say enough about this gift of a tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
beautiful. most beautiful.

The most beautiful story I have ever read..and I do read a lot. Thank you. The characters and their story stay with me for quite sometime after reading. I reread the story within the same day. Lovely. Lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I honestly can't even hope to describe how beautiful this was to me. Thank you and please keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Mara

I can't praise you enough for this story, it was just perfection. I started this story in the middle of the night and am now writing this comment of thanks in the wee hours of the morning. I will be so happy to experience love like. Once again, that was amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
BEAUTIFUL.

This was the most beautiful story I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Exquisite. Positively exquisite.

This is by far the best erotic story I've ever read. Beautifully crafted, a fantastic love story and intensely erotic. Thank you. You have an incredible gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

This is a really great story! Very romantic layout, i really luv this story! apart frome the erotic scenes, the story itself is lovely, touching! thanks for your great work! hope u can deliver more great stories in the future

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
well done

I am a fine artist and really liked this. You are a very talented writer and it is rare finding that on online fiction sites, especially these types! Thank you! Now, off to bed.... XOP sigh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

you're an incredible writer! fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Dear Heart

I've just completed all 4 of your stories and am awestruck; and not quite sure that words can express my gratitude OR appreciation. These should all be presented to Lifetime (or any other)Network as potential movies as they'd all be instant classics.

As stated previously; these women appeared to be IN LOVE with each other for completely real & obvious reasons, before they even really considered the ramifications. The future was a natural progression of their past; quite lovely to flesh "all 4" out on my imagination. Due to your skill; I felt as though I was right there the entire time, and all have left an indelible impression on my soul. I feel as though they were all friends; and that I've lost something very beautiful at the end of the stories, even though I've also gained something else.

As a 50+ yo straight man (and Ex Marine) I'd love to share them with friends and family ... DKP

birdintreebirdintreeover 10 years ago

it is such a great story, so incredible, thanks so much for giving us this story, i love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful!

Congratulations; What a lovely story! I have read it twice, and each time I have enjoyed it a whole lot. It is touching, very well written, the characters are complex and carefully outlined, and the erotic scenes are delicately described. Reading the story makes you wish you had met so sweet, kind-hearted and courageous girls in real life. It is a great story, period, and not only a great erotic story. Thank you very much! Please write more stories like this one.

Perhaps you might consider writing stories for the general public, in case you have not already done so (with the alias, you can never know, can you?). I am sure you will achieve a great success.

By the way, I am a man, I was born and live in Spain, and I am straight and over 50, like a previous anonymous commentator.

misterfoxmisterfoxabout 10 years ago
My Favourite

Have enjoyed all your stories but this one is my favourite and it makes me think that maybe the 'taboo' attitude in those days promoted closer love sometimes.

I'm 73 now. I like the odd tear or two when I'm reading. Thank you. XXX

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Absolutely amazing story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
one of Literotica's finest wordsmiths

I've only just discovered your stories. I've enjoyed them all in varying degrees, but "Like a Secret Being Told" and "Remembering Ava" are masterpieces. There are passages in these two stories that read like literature.

When read in order of publication, the progression of your writing skill becomes obvious. Though I was disappointed that your most recent entry was your least ambitious, I can certainly understand about the time constraints. Even that brief tale had prose that was better than 95% of the stuff to be found on this site. At any rate this is the first time I was so moved by a Lit story that I felt compelled to comment. Thank you.

MadamVictoriaMadamVictoriaover 9 years ago
Wonderful, Absolutely Fantastic!!!!!!

I am in awe of this story, i find my self in tears of joy. I cant put in words how this story made me feel, there is one other story on this site that gave me hope in finding love and i believe you have surpassed it. Being a African American women my self i can identify with Ava's character and although this story may be fiction, i firmly believe that some where in the past this has happened and i find it heart warming to know love like this exist. You are a fantastic writer and i am grateful to have had the pleasure of reading such an extraordinary tale. I had not found an interracial story that was so refreshingly whimsical and light of heart. I laughed, i cried and most defiantly smiled inside. Thank you, and please continue writing. You have my utmost respect as a writer and i hope to write something that with touch someones heart as you have done to mine today!!!!! :-D

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Casey 1988

Thanks for the story it reads as a a good piece to read. You made it such a page turner because of how you got me to connect with the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Best lesbian story on literotica!

Thank you for this awesome story.

It was beautiful, well written and incredibly sexy.

I really hope at least some of it really happened. It certainly felt like it.

Joeri

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful

What a wonderful story this is. It's got just about everything---warmth, emotions, humour, a little sadness, and buckets of happiness. And to cap everything, it's very well written (that sounds patronising but it's not meant to be: I've frequently found on this site that good story/plot-lines and good writing don't always go hand-in-hand). I loved "The Adventures of Stephanie" book---I was visualising the cartoons in my head as I was reading. And the sex scenes were truly erotic rather than pornographic. Five stars and I wish it could be a lot more.

Cassy16Cassy16over 9 years ago
Comment

Loved the story, a poignant memory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I felt it

I felt the love these two had. I left their passion. This was brilliantly written! jumped a bit too quickly to the ending if you ask me, but this was wonderful! I'm making an account just to add it to favorites

PaksdmPaksdmover 9 years ago
just...

wow!! just wow! - thanks so much :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Beautiful story

This story had momentum. I loved the build up from the early story, to the relationship starting and the quick pace of the sex scenes. Or maybe I was just speed reading by that point? Their discovery of each other was exquisite and genuine. I remember well those early days of discovering how good another person could be and this story described it beautifully. The ending gave me tears. Thank you x

JhamzkiJhamzkialmost 9 years ago
amazing

I really love this story.. Thank u for sharing!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Exquisite

I love your story. You both will be remembered for my lifetime, I promise. How lucky of you to have had fifty years. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Breathtaking!

Your story gave me chill bumps and brought me to tears. It reminded me of the days when I discovered my first lover, who was also my mentor, and I felt all of those feelings again. Thank you so much for sharing. What an amazing relationship you two had!

GaryArlGaryArlover 8 years ago
One of the best stories on this site!

I'm a lifelong comic book fan, so it was a pleasant surprise to come across such a well-written story on one of my favorite subjects. I've read a bit about some of the artists and writers who worked in the field back then and it seems like you got all the details just right.

More importantly, you gave us characters we could care about and put them in a situation we could believe.

Romance, hot sex and comic books. A tough combination to beat. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Worthy

Your stories should be made into a movie or something. Indeed breathtaking!

oldguy32oldguy32almost 8 years ago
yes, Exquisite

Fantastic! great storytelling, and what a fantastic love story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wanting

Your words left me wanting, yearning for the same intimacy that you describe in such exemplary detail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful!

What a beautiful story, beautifully written. I hope I'll also be fortunate enough to spend 5 decades or more with my one True love, she doesn't know it yet, but she sure will be mine soon.

cliffedcliffedover 7 years ago
so happy

I was so happy when I came across this story awhile back. It is beautifully written and told. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Beautiful

Love your writing,there are few writers on Lit that write as well as you do.

And I,ve just added your 100rth like.Love

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous